Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)

46 4 9
By NurainiSalleh

Aurora's POV

After that day, I really felt that I was insensitive asking mom about my biological parents, it's just that I felt so confused! Wouldn't anyone in this position? So, in the end we didn't pry into mom's past until she was ready to tell us about it herself.

My brothers and I started practicing our abilities in my room as I have the book with me. Josh wanted to look through it and of course he asked me to fly again. Oh no.....

"Okay Josh after this, it's your turn to fly next. This is so unfair." I told him while I was up at my own ceiling .

"Yeah I know but you got to admit it, sis, you are a really fast learner. We tried to do it in our rooms yesterday and we didn't get the hang of it like you did." He said grinning at me. "Now look at you, your 2nd try and you can fly like a natural. I guess, because I never saw anyone fly in the air before ." said Josh and the rest nodded.

"Fine" I said, rolling my eyes while flying from each corner of my room as quickly as possible. And Josh was right, it was amazing that I could do it on my 2nd try. I feel like a bird or any type of animal that can fly fast. It was an incredible experience.

Suddenly mom knocked on my open door and popped up at the hinge. "Hey kids what are you doing? Flying again?" she asked with a smile on her face and her hands in her pockets.

I tried to stabilize myself and land down carefully from the ceiling, but then I just fell on my butt. "Ouch! Yeah mom, I was practicing it while they all stared at me!" I looked at them angrily while they tried to cover up their laughter when they saw me fall down.

"Well, Aurora. you need to focus where you are landing, if you don't, this would happen most of the time." Mom advised me.

" Really? That pretty good advice mom." i said while getting up from the floor.

"Well, I have lots more advice to give, many years of it. If you want my help, I can teach you all how to control your abilities. For example, in flight you need to feel light as air , to focus on flying for the first time you need to stay calm." she explained. "You can't just stress yourself on the outcome but also progress going there as well. The more you stress the more you will tense up and be grounded."

"That makes a lot of sense." said Josh.

"Well, for you Joshy I know it does but when I was around your age I didn't understand what that even meant. It was not until the 100th time or so that I finally got it. So you don't have to worry if you can't get it in your first few tries. Almost no one can do in the first few tries"

"Wait, then why can Auri do it?" Alex asked while pointing at me.

"Well, I did say 'almost' didn't I? Your Aunt Isabella and her family are able to do it easily as they are the royal family in the Mythical Land, your Aunt Isabella was Queen so her abilities was more advance but have it's limits and also the Phoenix was on their side and care ."

"So it's mostly about hierarchy then? Because they are top of the food chain?" Josh asked mom while he folded his arms .

Mom shrugged. "Well, that is how life works there and sometimes even here too. Don't judge your Aunt Isabella or her family, they are great rulers and they take responsibility in their powers and take really good care of other Mythical Cratures in need. They had never used it without reason, that is why they are respected by a lot of Mythical Creatures that adored them. And also it's not really about that much heirachy because royal family, you can be dethroned if they are unable to become a royal and responsibilities."

"Maybe one day we can go to the Mythical Land and see them? Since you know them so well." said Nick.

"Yeah Maybe....." mom voiced then changed into a softer tone. "Well, what about you kids start flying again, Josh? You want to go next?" she looked at Josh.

Josh nodded confidently and stepped forward, he closed his eyes and after a few minutes he started floating up but in a wobbly way. He opened his eyes and exclaimed. "Oh my goodness! I did it ! I'm really doing it! This is so cool!"

While floating up and not concentrating as much, his head hit my ceiling. "Ouch!" he shouted. He then went back down slowly and started rubbing his head.

"Okay Josh, I think next time you should just concentrate a little bit more but good pace for your first try." Mom commend Josh. "Okay Alex?"

"Now see how I do it" Alex said with a smirk on his face. He then started floating immediately but fast and hit my ceiling and started flying from left and right trying to stabilize himself while thrashing my room. "Woah how can I control this!" he yelled.

Suddenly he came flying at me, I closed my eyes and shield my face with my arms but then I heard a huge 'thud' sound. It sounded like a bird hitting a glass window or something. I put my arms down and opened my eyes and saw a huge purple colour square shield that apparently protected me from my reckless flying brother. It then disappeared right in front of my eyes.

I looked down and saw Alex getting up from the floor, I looked and saw the shocked expression on my brothers faces. Even mom looked shocked but excited at the same time.

"I really thought Josh would be the one to be a fast learner. But you're a natural!" She came to me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so proud of you!"

After that Nick went on flying and he was not bad on his first try either, eventually mom hugged all of us and told us if we need more practice with our new abilities, we should ask her. We just nodded and agreed with her, eventually after a few more hours of flying lessons with mom, she told us to call it a day which we were all relieved about.

We were sitting on my bedroom floor drinking water and we all started talking. "Mom is a tough coach! Tougher than... well coach!" Said Alex.

"I think mom was always tough but she just doesn't show it as much. Mom was always the disciplined parent, that's why we always fear her the most and respect of course!." Josh commented and we agreed with him.

"Hey, ummmm" I started fidgeting. "I wanted to know how you found out you have abilities and when you met your pets?" I asked them, and upon hearing that Rosaleen came and jumped on my lap.

"Oh I would also love to know how you met them." said Rosaleen, making herself comfortable on my lap. "Speaking of them, where are they?"

"Well, I am here" said Kiwi coming out of Josh's pocket. "Both Tigress and Penny are taking their afternoon naps and by the way you did an excellent job during your lessons Josh."

"Thanks"

"Sooo...... How did you all get your abilities? Josh?" I asked.

"Why do i always go first?! " he complained. "Why can't they go first?" he pointed at Alex and Nick.

I sighed. "We have been over this Josh, you're the eldest. Plus you have leadership qualities, so you should lead with the story."

"Fine, i'll tell the story" he said but i noticed his face change and so did Alex and Nick.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Josh took a deep breath. "Remember that day when mom and dad announce that we were moving? Which was before summer vacation but after the...." he stopped and i knew why.

"Before my drug overdose, yeah I remember that. I was so unhappy and I was glad that dad found me on the floor and took me to the hospital." i looked at all my brothers faces which some of them looked like they were about to cry. "Yeah I remember, so after that you had abilities?" I try to get back on topic.

"Yeah, well technically it was after we had to settle some unfinished business before leaving the school." Josh told me.

"What unfinished business?" I asked and they all started looking at each other nervously. "Please tell me!"

Then Josh told me what happened.

Josh POV

"Okay Alex stopped!" I yelled from afar as I saw Alex pummelling Mason's face in the hallway. Nick and I just ran to him and pulled him away from Mason.

"Why?! He deserves it! He almost killed Auri!" he yelled at me while pointing at Mason.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him and he almost tried to punch Mason again but we stopped him. "Alex! What the heck are you talking about?!" I yelled at him. His face was red with anger and he started breathing heavily, but if I know Alex well he still has a lot of stamina in him to hit Mason again.

"Breathe Alex, just tell us," said Nick.

"He was the one that planned that prank on our birthday, he and that girl planned everything during the Winter dance," Alex explained.

"What are you doing?!" we looked over and saw it was Halena, she came running to Mason's rescue.

We were distracted and Alex escaped from our grips and walked towards both of them. "And here is the girl who is the Mastermind of that so-called prank."

"Hey! It was a joke! We didn't know that your sister is so weak and dramatic!" Halena was cutted off

"Don't you dare say that about her! " yelled Nick.

"Oh really" Halena walked towards us with a smug expression on her face. " Well, you know Gina was the one that contributed half of that idea."

"What?" Alex jaw dropped and so did mine and Nick's. Gina was Aurora's best friend since the whole of Freshman year, we saw her come to the house and hang out with her plus a little flirting with Alex.

"Yeah, she was the one that helped us with all of this. Before you blame us for what we did to her, why don't you ask your little girlfriend." she said to Alex and before Alex said anything, we heard a teacher shouting at all of us.

"What is going on here?!" The teacher asked all of us.

Suddenly Halena gave all of us an award winning performance. "Teach" she started sobbing with tears in her eyes. "They threatened to beat us up and we didn't do anything wrong. They want to hit me." she said and that got us a one way ticket to the principal's office.

"You 3! Principal's office now!" he yelled at us and we went, but I looked back at Halena and saw her smug face and sticking her tongue out at us.i can't believe this is happening.

We were sent to the principal's office but had to wait outside when he's ready to see us and Alex started talking. "What is going on? Gina?, but she's..... She's Aurora's friend, how could she do this to her? i feel so disgusted." Alex said looking so sad and shocked at what he had learned about his girlfriend, well, now probably ex-girlfriend.

"You're not the only one, I should have known. I sometimes saw Aurora not being herself around her and I thought it was just - i don't know anymore." I told them.

"Don't blame yourself, i should have been the one paying attention to what she was doing." Alex said while rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Why don't you both stop blaming yourself, the real victim here is Aurora and the perpetrators were those people. We need to get justice for Auri." said Nick who looked very angry.

"Well look at that, our quiet little brother becomes very angry. So what do you have in mind?" Alex asked Nick

"Stop it, we are already in trouble. This would make it worse and we might be expelled from school." I told them and they agreed with me.

The Principal open his door and gesture us to come in, we had a long talk about threatening other students (which we didn't do, well not that much) and being more nicer and to apologize to our schoolmates. Due to the fact that I am an A star student, Alex and Nick are my brothers, he let us go with a warning.

We went out of the principal's office and went back to class. Everyone suddenly looked at us and stared at us weirdly but eventually after a few classes it went away. The girls went back talking to us and so did the guys and they all asked us what happened and we told them, they all have different reactions. Some seemed to be worried and some were on our sides against Aurora's bullies but they couldn't do anything as they might be the next victim.

After school we went back home, we opened the door and our parents were there looking angry upon looking at us.

"Well, well. Our sons have come back?" Mom said

"You boys are in big trouble, what in the world were you thinking threatening other students! " Yelled dad.

"But -" Nick was cut off.

"And what is the reason for pummeling a boy black and blue, explain!" Yelled mom

"Well you see-" Alex was cut off.

"You boys are so in trouble for this and another thing-"

"MOM! DAD! LISTEN!" we shouted in sync.

I told both of my parents to sit on the couch so we can explain everything, once we did they were furious.

"What?! I am going hit that boy!" Dad yelled at the top of his lungs like he actually meant it, which I wouldn't be surprised since we all except for Aurora know that dad is a gang memeber that is in another city which was his so-called 'business trip'.

"I agree with dad, i know where he lives." Dad and Alex almost went out of the room until mom shouted at them.

"Get back here you two! No one is hitting anyone." said mom trying to stay calm. "We need to act accordingly, we can't just do that to the kid."

While they were discussing or should said loudly discussing what to do, I heard footsteps from the stairs. I looked and saw Auri looking so pale and tired, rubbing her eyes and looking so depressed. My poor sister!

She stepped into the living room and everyone noticed her presence. "What are you all shouting about?" she asked us. We were all looking at each other asking ourselves if we should tell her what happened, in the end mom was the one that started talking.

"Aurora, seat with your brothers on the couch. We need to tell you and your brothers something." she told her.

I was curious what mom was talking about, I felt that was something else besides the current situation that she wanted to talk to us about. Auri sat next to me and Alex sat next to the other side. I felt very strange around her, she looked so sad so I tried to pull my side and hug her.

"Okay, The first thing we need to discuss is about the school incident that happened with you boys." she said pointing at us. "Your brothers got into a quarrel with some of your classmates."

I hope the other thing they want to talk to us about is good news.

"And the other thing we want to tell you guys is that.."Mom looked at dad nervously yet trying to put on a smile.

"We're moving to another city!" Dad exclaimed.

"WHAT?!" we all said in sync.

"Yeah, your dad has a new job in another city and it pays more. Plus the school there is pretty good. We can get a new house and all of you will have your own rooms!" Mom said while trying not to look nervous. Yeah, mom still look quite nervous telling us.

"What do you all think?" Dad asked us and we all just looked at each other except for Nick.

" i think it's a great idea!" Exclaimed Nick. I didn't know why until I saw the look in his eye pointing at Aurora and I knew what he meant. We can help Aurora start all over in a new school.

"Yeah i agree, we can start over in a new town. I always wanted to go to a new city." I said babbling all the way.

Then we looked at Alex and as we gave him the nod, he finally got it. "Yeah, i think it will be pretty cool to move to a new place and finally get my own room." He said and agreed with us.

Ever Since that day, when Auri had to be rushed to the hospital due to drug overdose of Antidepressant and anxiety pills provided by a therapist who kept giving her meds. I had a sibling meeting without Auri and discussed ways to re do her life again, and really changed schools but we didn't know how to bring it up with mom or dad. But this is it, this was the opportunity to help our little sister redo her high school year.

"Aurora? Princess, what do you think?" Ask dad.

Her face had no emotion, she looked like she was about to cry again and it pains me that no matter how much I try I can't fix it. She took a deep breath before mumbling. "Sure" she then got up and left the room and went up the stairs, We heard her bedroom door close.

Mom started going nearer to dad and dad put his arms around mom, comforting her.

"When are we moving?" I asked them.

"Before next semester after summer vacation, we'll start packing then." dad said

"Okay then" I stood up and gestured to Alex and Nick to go up stairs but not before we hug mom and dad. We went upstairs to our room since the 3 of us shared 1 room while Auri took Dad's office as her room. We closed the door and we started wondering the same thing.

*Would transferred schools make a difference or make it worse? *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 421 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...
38.5K 1.9K 44
(+18) . . Mel is beautiful and strong but asocial and weird. The smartass attitude and foul mouth often get the best of her, and not many people can...
85.1K 10.3K 13
Allison doesn't think much of her strange encounter with a psychic, until she wakes up the next morning with her yes's coming out as no's and her mou...
123 3 19
A girl named Aurora keeps imagining events that have happened in the past while being chased by a boy who seems to know more than he leads on. Can th...