When You Least Expect It!

By beast1992

Can Angry bird and Johny Bravo be a couple? Well let's see. This is how our Mithila and Kunvar are. Strangers... More

Just a heads up!
The day!
Sex talk!
He kissed me dude!!
Sleepover time!
Good girls turn bad!
All warm and fuzzy!
Mint green and lacy things!
Bitchy enough?
Tell me to stop!
Never kiss and tell!
Regrets and Confessions
I love you too!
I need more...
You're fucking mine...
She said Yes!
Jealous are we?
Enough is enough!
Something to go on..
We will not be sleeping tonight..
One time is not enough
It's a gentleman thing
I am all yours...
Its like a drug baby
Guilty pleasures and sweet rewards!

Bedtime stories...

72 2 0
By beast1992

Kunvar kept staring at her sleeping form. She looked so peaceful. He didn't understand who wrapped that cloth around her arm. She was fast asleep. He tucked some hair behind her ear and touched his knuckles to her cheek. She stirred a little but didn't wake up.

Everyone was already up having breakfast downstairs. Kunvar couldn't believe her Aunty didn't wake her up, giving her a lecture about how she should wake up early at her in laws place.

He actually came to call her for breakfast but now seeing her sleeping peacefully, he didn't have a heart to wake her up. She was in a lot of pain yesterday. She needed rest.

"Mithila!" Her aunty shouted from downstairs. "Kunvar sa!" She shouted again.

What the hell is wrong with her?
Mithila woke up slowly, opening her eyes and adjusting to the light.
She saw Kunvar sitting beside her and smiled her precious smile at him. All cute and adorable. Kunvar smiled back.

Suddenly she realised where she was and sat up with a jolt. She looked for her aunty. When she knew she was nowhere to be seen, Mithila relaxed. She drank some water from the bottle kept on the bedside table.

"Good morning." She said softly.

Kunvar moved closer to her and circled her waist to pull her closer.

"If you smile THAT smile every morning looking at me, I might not leave the bed at all." He said stroking her back.

Mithila chuckled.

"I thought it was a dream, like I dream it everyday." She said smiling up at him.

Kunvar raised an eyebrow at her, "So... In those dreams of yours do I sit here just like that or... You know DO SOME STUFF.." He said biting his lip.

"Well... I don't think good girls share their dirty dreams." She whispered at him.

"Well if you do, I might make some of them come true." He winked at her.

"I don't think I am ready for THAT yet!" Sha said smiling shyly at him.

Kunvar kissed her cheek.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked.

"I am actually feeling good. You know yesterday dadaji massaged my arm." She said smiling up at him.

That was a news for Kunvar.

"Also he applied some kind of paste of condiments, it was really soothing. I am feeling much better today." She said. "By the way where is everyone?" She asked casually.

"They are having breakfast downstairs. I came to call you." He said.

Mithila's eyes widened.
"WHAT?? What is the time? Oh my god! Why didn't they wake me up." She was up in a second and running around the room like a lunatic.

Kunvar tried to stifle his laugh.

"Mithila relax. Everyone knows you're not feeling well. They will understand." He said trying to calm her.

"Yeah, you're the one to talk. I have already embarrassed myself enough! I don't want dadaji to reject me. I am already in too deep here." She said gathering her clothes from her bag, just as she was about to take out her lingerie, she stopped looking at the shameless guy in the room who was still standing there.

She looked at him pressing her lips.

He looked at her, not knowing what was happening.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

He just smiled confused.

"Can I get some privacy Kunvar sa?" She asked finally.

Kunvar finally realised what was happening. He smirked and pulled her up from her crouched down position.

And all of a sudden he kissed her, just like that.

She was shocked at first, but after a few seconds she responded. Well there was no one around, what did they have to lose anyways!

It started with a kiss but they were full on necking after few seconds with Kunvar taking charge of it. They have to get married and soon.

"Mithila!" Her Aunty shouted again.

They hesitantly broke the kiss. Both panting heavily.

"Kunvar sa, we should really control ourselves." Mithila said breathlessly in an unconvincing manner.

"Yeah, you do that, I have lost that battle a long while back." Kunvar smiled at her.

Mithila pushed him playfully.
"Now go! Let me get ready, you're very distracting." She said gathering her stuff not caring if he is standing there. The guy was just not taking the hint.

She moved towards the washroom closing its door on his face smiling at him.

"If you need any help in there you can tell me you know!" Kunvar called behind her, biting his lip.

"Save something for after marriage Kunvar sa!" She shouted from inside.

Kunvar laughed and left the room.

Once downstairs, he saw everyone was sitting on the dining table having breakfast. Kabir saw him and tried to suppress a laugh.

"Took you a long time to wake her up." he said with a smirk. Kaveri and Samar shared a look and smiled. Dadaji just avoided them.

"Watch it dude, I know some secrets too." He said looking at Avani just for a millisecond and smiled at him. Kabir's smile vanished. "That's what I thought." Kunvar said laughing at him.

Avani was unaware of their exchange. She just smiled at them.

Lata Aunty was restless, she has been given a responsibility of keeping them away from each other but this Kaveri was something else.
She knew why Kaveri suggested that Kunvar should go wake Mithila up. These people are just shameless, Aunty thought.

Dadaji announced about the visit to the nearby places today. Which included, temples and dams nearby.

"Yaaayyy!" Kaveri shouted. "A picnic! Great! We will prepare something to eat and take with us. My speciality methi theple. What do you think dadaji? I know you like them!"

Dadaji smiled at her. "Ofcourse I do."

"Namaste dadu." Indumati, their neighbour, entered their house greeting dadaji.

"Indu, come in, kids have come to visit me." Dadaji said gesturing her to come inside.

"I heard." Indumati said and took a seat near Lata. "I got Mohan Thaal for the kids." She said keeping a steel container on their dining table. Kunvar immediately opened it and started feasting on the sugary goodness.
Kabir took one too, followed by Samar and Kaveri. Kaveri handed one piece to Avani and another to Lata aunty.

"Indu aunty, you're Mohan Thaal is world famous in Rajasthan!" Kunvar said enjoying it.

Indumati blushed and thanked him.
"Ummm.... Dadu," Indumati said looking for someone, "I heard new would be Bahurani (daughter in law) was going to come."

As if on que, Mithila entered in the dining hall wearing a red salvar suit with silver Jhumka earrings.

Kunvar' stopped eating, with his Mohan Thaal midair, he stared at her.

Kabir cleared his throat and said in hushed tone, "I don't think you need that Mohan Thaal anymore, you have something more sweet now, I bet you want to eat that instead." He pressed his lips to stifle the laugh.

Kunvar elbowed him, which only increased his laughter.

Mithila sat between Lata Aunty  and Kaveri, exactly in front of Kunvar.

Kaveri looked at her like she was checking her out. Mithila blushed.

"Not bad." Kaveri said eating her Mohan Thaal and admiring Mithila at the same time.

Everyone laughed.

Mithila dared a glance at Kunvar, who was already looking at her with an ever-present smirk on his face.

He bit into his Mohan Thaal, and licked the sugar syrup from his lower lip biting it after. A movement Mithila felt somewhere else. Kunvar knew what he was doing. He loved the way how her blush intensified and she started squirming in her seat.

Mithila closed her eyes. The guy was such a tease.

"Will you two please stop having eye sex here on the table?" Kabir whispered to Kunvar. Kunvar just gave him a look. "Dadaji and this Indumati lady is also here. And Lata aunty is looking at you two like she might lock Mithila in her room." Kabir whispered with a straight face.

"Hayee..." Indumati stood from her seat and took Mithila's hand in hers standing her up from the chair. "This beautiful??" She asked to no one in particular.

Mithila was confused and looking everywhere for help to know who this unknown chic was.

She hugged Mithila tightly taking all the air out of her lungs. After that she examined her at arms length.

"Kunvar sa, you have got a really beautiful one here, you're one lucky boy." Indumati said appreciating the beauty in front of her.

"That I am Indu aunty." Kunvar said simply smiling a small smile at Mithila, who kept tucking her hair behind her ear out of nervousness.

Dadaji finally decided to put Mithila out of her misery. "Mithila, she is Indumati, our neighbour."

Mithila smiled at her and took her blessings by touching her feet.

After all of them settled again, they finished their breakfast. Indu aunty left after a while. Kaveri decided she would cook her famous methi theple for their picnic.

Mithila decided to help her with the preparations along with preparing other side dishes.

Kunvar was smitten. The girl was changing his favourite colours everytime she dressed up. Today she was smelling more amazing than other days. All flowery and refreshing. He got a whiff of it everytime she passed him.

They were busy in the preparation in the kitchen laughing at something Kaveri said, when Kabir and Kunvar entered.

"Bhabhi, even we will help." Kunvar said picking a cucumber from the kitchen counter, and sitting beside a standing Mithila. Mithila didn't look at him.

"Woah! Did I just hear my boys are going to help in the kitchen?" Kaveri said with shocking expression on her face.

"Haha... Funny. We do help you sometimes." Kunvar said to Kaveri but he was still looking at Mithila who was concentrating on the coconut grating like her life depended on it.

"Yeah, but today the reason is different." Kaveri said tossing the fenugreek leaves in the pot.

Mithila moved towards Kaveri giving her the grated coconut to add in the chutney they were going to prepare.

"Mithila you knead the dough I will prepare chutney." Kaveri instructed adding the fenugreek leaves in the wheat floor and moved towards the mixer grinder.

Mithila nodded and started doing as she asked.

Avani was busy in cutting a shitload of vegetables and fruits. Easy work as she says.

Kabir sat in front of her with leaning against the wall and legs stretched ahead. He has started accepting the fact that he was attracted towards Avani. The girl was as innocent as a child and beautiful at the same time.

Avani was confused as hell at the constant stare from Kabir. Was he mad or what? She just smiled awkwardly at him. Which he returned with a smirk.

It was hot as hell in the kitchen. Why Rajasthan was like that they couldn't understand. Hot as summer in the day and cold as winter in the night. Mithila was sweating a lot, and to add to that she had left her hair down, with only front portion secured with a clutch.

"Bhabhi," She called Kaveri, "Can you please tie my hair up?"

Kaveri looked at her chutney stained hands and looked at Avani, who was busy having a staring battle with Kabir.

"Devar sa will do it. My hands are dirty. Sorry." She said smiling, not at all sorry for it.

Kunvar got off the kitchen counter. And sauntered towards her.

"Bhabhi, no.." Mithila said with wide eyes.

Kunvar pulled her hair up. Mithila heard a sharp intake of breath. Well... the exposed milky smoothness of her back did that to him.

Another deep neckline dress. The girl was definitely trying to kill him. Her back was glistening with the sweat. Mithila was breathing heavily. Kunvar secured her hair with the clutch on top of her head as neatly as possible, and trying to avoid the soft pale distraction that was taunting him in front.

A sweat drop formed at the base of her neck which travelled in between her shoulder blades and disappeared in the dress.

Kunvar leaned down near her and whispered in her ear, "Can't believe I am getting jealous of a sweat drop here." He was too close, Mithila held her breath to listen to what he will say next. "But unlike you I just don't want to kiss its path, but like I imagined I want to lick it and bite it too." Kunvar said seductively kissing her ear. She shivered and moved away a little.

"Kunvar sa," She whispered, "Please stop saying all these things."

"Why?" He asked.

Mithila didn't say anything.
She kept smiling at the dough as Kunvar kept tormenting her.

Kaveri saw Lata Aunty approaching, she cleared her throat. Both Mithila and Kunvar moved away from each other.

"Is everything ok?" Aunty asked.

"Yup." Kaveri answered taking chutney out of the mixer grinder.

Mithila couldn't believe she was missing his torment.
She wanted him to do all that again. She wanted him to say all those dirty things again, or more so.

They finished packing all the baskets for the picnic.

Once they settled everything in the car, girls went to freshen up. Rest all waited in the hall.

"Sorry kids, I will not be able to come with you people." Dadaji said looking at his phone coming out of his room.
"There is some issue with pumps in the field. I have to go and see." He said with a grim expressions.

"Dadaji we can come with you to help." Samar offered.

"No that is ok. It's not a major issue. You guys came here to have fun. You enjoy your trip" dadaji looked at Lata aunty who was sitting there waiting for the girls. "Lata, you come with us. Me and Girdhari are going. You will see our farm too. Girdhari's wife Kamal is there. She will give you a tour. You will anyways get bored with kids. They have their own type of fun." Dadaji said like he have made his decision.

All the boys were happy as hell. They expressed their gratitude to dadaji through their eyes.

"But uncle.." aunty started.

"No argument Lata. We old fellows get tired also easily. You stay here. Let them roam around." Dadaji said and moved towards the door.

The decision was made. Lata Aunty was breathing fire. But it was dadaji's house. If she argue now, it will look disrespectful. She agreed begrudgingly and followed dadaji out of the house.

Once they were out of earshot everyone laughed out loud full of excitement.

"Yes!" Kunvar said smiling at both Kabir and Samar. "Finally!" He sighed.

They decided they will keep it a surprise for the girls.
Kabir decided to drive so his mind will be occupied. Otherwise he will keep looking at Avani for sure. But as there was no option, she will sit beside him.

When they all came out of the house, Mithila started looking for Lata Aunty.
Kaveri gestured her to sit in the backseat. She did so, thinking that Kaveri or Avani will follow her, but instead Kunvar sat beside her.
Followed by Samar and Kaveri in the middle seat and Avani beside Kabir in the front.

It took a while for Mithila to understand what was happening.

"Where is Lata Aunty?" She finally asked when Kabir started the car.

"Away from us." Samar said laughing silently.

Mithila was more confused now.

Kunvar told her what happened.

She smiled widely. Dadaji was her new favourite person in this world now.

But just as she did, she realised something else. No aunty means Kunvar will be sitting with her for the whole ride. It was just these 6. And none of them had any issues with Kunvar's PDAs (Public Displays of Affection).

Oh boy!
Mithila closed her eyes, the anticipation was gripping her heart like a vise. They were in the back seat. Away from everybody's eyes. But anyone can turn around at anytime. But he won't care she knew. That guy was just something else.

Mithila tried to sit as still as possible. But Kunvar wasn't doing anything.

What was happening?

He kept talking about something to Avani, Samar and sometimes Kabir.

He didn't say or do anything to Mithila. What is wrong with him?

Almost 1 hour passed, they were about to reach a temple. He was still being a complete gentleman.

But she didn't want him to. Ok this was just weird!
She was the one to push him away everytime, but now that he is a total gentleman, she wanted him to be bad.

Kunvar was enjoying it. She was squirming again, but now from a different reason. He knew she craved him as much as he did her. But out of coyness she doesn't say anything. But she wanted it as much as he did. It was getting more and more difficult staying away from her. Her smell was not making anything easy either.

They reached the temple everyone got out. Kunvar helped her getting out. But that was the extent of the contact.
Mithila pressed her lips together in annoyance. She couldn't understand what he was playing at.

They took the Holy Almighty's blessings as a couple. Something pure and refreshing was in the air. Doing all this stuff with her was giving him a weird sense of serenity. They visited multiple temples nearby. Everytime the Panditji of every temple gave them blessings of long eternal life together. One of them even blessed them with many kids in the future, to which Mithila blushed and Kunvar just smiled at her.

They were sitting on a large open space of marble flooring behind a temple. It was covered on all sides with Marble pillars with intricate designs on them and joined by a canopy formed by multiple vines of some beautiful pink and white flowers. They sat on the sitting arrangement made below these canopies overlooking the valley and lake beneath.

"This is definitely not what I imagined!" Avani said smiling widely at the scenery in front of her.
Mithila smiled at her and sat at one of the marble seating arrangement below one of the canopy.

Avani started roaming around.

It was then when it happened. Kunvar saw Mithila sitting there with her dupatta draped on her head as a ghunghat, which girls do as a way of respect, while taking blessings from God. She had a small kumkum tika on her forehead. She was looking at the scenery behind. Small locks of her hair moving with the soft breeze.

He realised there was no better timing than this. What was he waiting for anyways. He wanted to hear those 3 words again from her. But he didn't say it even once yet. She might be waiting, but she didn't say anything. Maybe she was giving him time.

Little did she know Kunvar has fallen for her the day she mentioned being worth for him, in his gym. But it took him time to realise it. But today, in the presence of all Holy Almighty, his life partner was sitting there, the most beautiful and most precious thing of his life. He would never understand what he ever did to deserve such a priceless gem in his life. But he would definitely cherish it.

He sat in front of her leaning against the pillar behind. She smiled at him. He outstretched his hand. Mithila couldn't understand what was happening. She kept the pooja thali beside her and moved closer to him holding his hand.
When she was close enough that he could hold her in his arms, he touched her face gently.

What was he waiting for? She was right there. You don't have to make a speech for it. The 3 words say it all.

Mithila looked at him confused. She was waiting for whatever he was about to say, with a small smile on her face.

"I love you Mithila." There he said it. All traces of smile disappeared from Mithila's face. She looked at him holding her breath.

Did he just say it back? Seriously?
Or was she dreaming?

Kunvar smiled at her. He felt relaxed.

"I love you Ms. Mithila Keshav. I think I was meant to, since the moment you walked into my life. Since the moment you glared at me the first time, since the moment you smiled at me the first time, since the moment I touched you for the first time, since the moment I kissed you for the first time, " he said the last sentence with such an intensity, Mithila felt it like a physical blow, "You were  always meant to be mine Mithila. We are going to have a lot of firsts in our life. And this is one of those."

He pulled her closer, she came willingly. Everyone was looking at them, but they didn't care. Kunvar kissed her forehead gently. His lips lingering there for a few seconds. By the time he moved back, Mithila already had tears in her eyes. Kunvar smiled at his innocent girl. Anything can make her cry, he thought.

"Stop crying..." He chuckled, "Is it because you don't love me anymore??" He said with a hurt expression, "Was I too late?"

Mithila smiled and pushed him. "No! It's nothing like that." She said looking down.

"Then say it." Kunvar said in all seriousness.

Mithila looked up at him. He was waiting patiently like he was dying to hear it from her.

"I love you too Kunvar sa." She said softly and smiled shyly at him.

Kunvar closed his eyes.

Avani tiptoed towards the couple, and cleared her throat after reaching them.

They both looked at her.

"Did he say it back?" Avani asked keeping both her hands on her chest and rolling in her lips, waiting for the answer patiently.

Mithila just nodded and looked down.

Avani screeched loudly with happiness. Both Kunvar and Mithila startled. They started laughing afterwards. Kunvar kissed Mithila's top of head and went to Kabir, leaving the girls alone to celebrate their happiness. Kaveri joined them immediately and then it was all shouting fiasco of Kaveri and Avani. Mithila just laughed.

Kunvar couldn't believe he could have this much happiness in his life. It started with a fight, him offending his angry bird, but now he has fallen in love with his angry bird.

Boy was it thrilling to know!

They visited a few more local temples around. Then a dam called Jawai. Samar had an idea to do a photo session. Girls were totally onboard. They did all types with mix and match combinations.

Kunvar had an idea, when he and Mithila were taking photos with Kabir and Avani.

"Come on let's take one of just Avani and Kabir." And he moved taking Mithila with him.

Both had wide eyes by the time they realised what just happened.

"Come on guys, a little closer please." Samar said holding the camera in front of them.

Kabir smirked at Kunvar knowing fully well what he was doing. But there was no use in hiding it now, this was his family. The closest people he had in this whole world. And they knew him through and through.

He moved closer to Avani and put his hand on her shoulder. Avani was shocked with this sudden turn of events and she looked up at him. That's when Samar clicked the picture.

Avani was looking everywhere with confusion. They took one more when they were looking at each other.

Kunvar has never seen Kabir looking at someone like that. The guy was head over heels on her.
He was happy for his best friend.

By the time they decided to return it was dark outside. Dadaji called them to confirm they will reach within reasonable time. Samar started driving this time with Kabir beside him, who decided to give Avani time to wrap her head around all. Kaveri was dozing off on one side in the middle while on the other side Avani was deep in thought looking out the window.

Dadaji also gave the good news of fixing an engagement date of Mithila and Kunvar. They would have to cut short their trip to 2 days. They have to leave day after 2 days, rather than a week. Because in just 4 days he will have a ring on her finger. A token of his love. An official knot tying them.

With this happy thought they started their return journey.
Mithila was on cloud nine. She couldn't stop the smile which kept creeping up her lips every once in a while. If some unknown person sees her now, he will definitely think she is a nutcase.

Kunvar kept looking at her, but didn't touch her.

This time Mithila has to make a move. He decided.

Mithila held his hand in hers slowly and moved towards him. Kunvar wrapped his other hand around her.

Mithila kept looking down gathering the courage to do what she was going to do.

She looked ahead, Kabir and Samar were in some deep discussion. Because of the darkness they couldn't see anything in the rareview mirror, she thought. The road was completely deserted. No light coming in from anywhere.

This was the right opportunity. She looked up at him. He kept looking at her with a hungry expression. He was waiting for her to make the first move.

Why was she thinking? He confessed his love today. Said something so beautiful, she couldn't believe she would ever hear it from anyone.

And his lips... God! Why are they so perfect? Mithila licked her own lips lips looking at his. Kunvar smirked at her.

"Don't hesitate Ms. Mithila. Don't deny me what is mine, and take what is yours." He said suggestively.

Mithila put her other hand on his face,  moved it towards the back of his neck and pulled him down, going directly into a full on smooch.

Fuck! That was the hottest thing kunvar has ever seen. He tightened his hold on her hand and with other hand pulled her close. They were completely making out without anybody's notice. Mithila held his neck firmly tilting his head to deepen the kiss, just as he does everytime.

Kunvar was loosing it. Boy the girl could take charge! It was so HOT!

She was hot! She kept licking and sucking his lips. Kunvar couldn't believe what he was feeling. He was terrified that he might have an orgasm just from a kiss! It was that scorching.

Just as her tongue entered his mouth all that was he feeling was his own breathing, her mouth on his, her hand in his, her hand on his neck and his hand circling her waist.

He should stop it. She was lost in the kiss. Anybody might turn back.

But it was difficult as hell! The light from the vehicle coming from front flashed in the car, Mithila jerked back and then hid behind the seat keeping her head on Kunvar's lap.

She started laughing silently at the sudden turn of events.

Kunvar stifled a laugh.

He saw her smiling up at him bending down with her head on his lap.

She adjusted herself so she properly lay on his lap and got settled in her spot.

Kunvar smiled at her, stroking her hair affectionately. When no one was looking and it was safe he bent down and kissed her again.

This time just a peck. There were 2 reasons, first he wouldn't know if anyone was looking at them, and second well... She was on his LAP, if something comes UP, she would definitely notice it!

Thankfully she didn't complain about any pain in her arm. Maybe because she was too happy to feel anything.

Kunvar kept one hand on her stomach making small circles on them and other in her hair.

Everything was in front of him. All the beauty in its glory on his lap.

If he just removed that dupatta.... No don't go there Kunvar! We already have some sensitive part close to her. We don't want to embarrass ourselves.

They reached home after an hour or so. Mithila was fast asleep on Kunvar's lap. She lay on her side, with her injured arm up. Everyone got out of the car.

Kunvar nudged Mithila softly.

"Hey beautiful, wake up, we are home." He said softly kissing her arm.

She opened her eyes slowly and sat up. Her hair was a mess, and she kept looking everywhere with confused sleepy eyes. She looked cute. Kunvar kissed her cheek and got down. Mithila followed him. Once they reached inside dadaji and Lata Aunty were already waiting for them.

Mithila rubbed her eyes and smiled at them.

Lata aunty snickered at her disheveled state.

"Its late. What took you guys so long?" Dadaji asked with concern.

"The road was quite deserted dadu also unknown." Samar started. "We preferred coming slowly. Also the map was not working properly."

"Ok, go and sleep. Everyone looks worned out." Dadaji said and everyone made their way towards their rooms.

Once in the room, Lata Aunty started with the interrogation and lectures.

"I hope you haven't crossed your limits this time Mithila!" Aunty was furious.

"Aunty we visited temples and dam. There is nothing hanky panky there." Mithila said simply, changing into her soft white cotton kurta and sky blue salvar.

"Well you didn't give us much reasons to trust you." Aunty snickered at her.

Mithila was about to answer something nasty when Avani held her hand to stop her.

"It's not worth it." Avani whispered.

Mithila just nodded.

Mithila settled on her side of the bed.
But Lata Aunty kept blabbering about the engagement preparations and the upcoming guests at house.

"Devar sa, Wake up!" Kaveri said with a tear stained face, sobbing in between to a fast asleep Kunvar in the dead darkness of his room.

Hearing her voice, Kunvar jolted awake.
Kabir switched on the light.

"Bhabhi?" Kunvar was shocked looking at his sister in law, who kept crying. "What happened? Are you ok? Is somebody hurt?" Kunvar said grabbing her by shoulder and getting up from the bed.

"It's.. it's Mi... Mithila." She stuttered.

Dread filled Kunvar's heart. He stopped breathing. "What happened?" He said, but didn't wait for an answer, he just ran towards her room.

As soon as he opened her room, she saw his girl sitting in a corner, hugging her knees, blood dripping from her forehead. Her arm bandage almost torn. She was trembling looking at some vague spot on the wall in front of her.

He saw Avani sitting on the bed looking at her with tear filled eyes, with a hand placed on her mouth to prevent the sobs. Lata Aunty was nowhere to be seen.

What the hell happened here?

Mithila was crying silently, her lips trembling. But she was not here, she was lost somewhere.

"What happened Bhabhi?" Kunvar asked in a small voice.

"I don't know Devar sa, Lata aunty came running to our room in the middle of the night saying there is something wrong with Mithila. We thought it was her arm maybe. But when we came inside she was crawling on the floor looking for something. In her hasty she hit her head to the bedside table. Samar tried to stop her but she ran away from his touch like it burned her or something.
Since then she is sitting on that spot. Samar has gone with dadaji to call a doctor from other village." She was talking too fast. Interrupted in between her hiccups and sobs.
"She is hurt Devar sa, please help her."

Kunvar entered inside the room. He tried to go close to her. As soon as he was at am arm's length he crouched down to her.

"Mithila... " He said slowly, she turned her tear filled eyes towards him. "Come here baby, Please. You're hurt." He cooed to her.

Something snapped in her, she looked at him with wide eyes and moved back, making herself smaller.

"Mithila, baby please." Kunvar said and moved to touch her hand, as soon as he did she screeched to the top of her lungs.

Everyone startled. Avani was full on sobbing now.

"Mo...move away... Away.." Mithila said in a small voice. "Goooo!" She screamed again. She was sobbing loudly now. "Just go away. Please. Please." She said folding her hands requesting him.

"Mithu..." Avani said with a whimper. "Come out of it please." She was crying again.

Nobody could understand anything that was happening. What were they saying?

Kabir took Avani out of there. She was hesitant, but Kunvar just gave her a nod saying he will take care of it.

Kaveri sat beside him looking at her.

"I won't say anything to anyone." Mithila said in a small voice, shaking her palm towards them. "Please... please go please."

What the hell was she saying?

"What is happening Devar sa? Why is she acting like this?" Kaveri was trying to control her tears.

"I don't know bhabhi. But she is not our Mithila. She is someone else now. Atleast I feel like it." Kunvar said softly.

Mithila started counting something suddenly, she looked at him with dread filled eyes.

"I... ate only...only 2." She hiccuped.
"Please don't do this to me." She started sobbing again.

Everything was confusing. There was no link between any of her statements.

"Bhabhi, you go downstairs, I will wait here with her." Kunvar said looking at Mithila, who was searching for something.

"But Devar sa..." Kaveri didn't want to leave her.

"Please bhabhi." He said again.

Kaveri nodded, she tried to close the door behind her but Mithila screamed again.

"Nooo! Nooooooo!" She kept shouting. "Don't... Please don't." She was sobbing heavily.

What should he do to stop it, Kunvar couldn't understand.

"I beg you." She folded her hands in a praying position towards Kunvar. "I beg you please. It hurts." She whispered the last sentence.

Kaveri stopped in the door suddenly hearing it.

"It hurts a lot. Please understand. I can't bear it please. It's very painful. Please please." Mithila said and kept herself plastered to the wall.

She was beseeching someone to stay away from her. Who hurt her?

Kunvar sat cross legged in front of her at an arms length. He didn't make any move to go close to her.

Samar came with the doctor in the door of her room. Dadaji following behind. Kaveri was standing like a statue in the door. She was perplexed when she heard Mithila saying it hurts. It was like Kaveri's world just stopped.

"Hey.." Samar said softly to Kaveri stroking her back, to snap her out of it. "The doctor is here."

Kunvar looked at them and just shook his head.

Mithila was unaware of all this. She was crying silently with closed eyes.

Samar nodded at him and decided he will just tell the doctor what happened and take some medications for her from him.

They all left including Kaveri.

After almost painful 2 hours, Mithila stopped crying. She looked at Kunvar, who was still sitting looking at her with concerned expression.

There was some activity outside the door, both of them turned. They saw a shadow approaching the door.

Mithila bellowed with such an agony, Kunvar felt like crying. She ran and hid below the bed. What was happening to his Mithila. He was clueless. There was nothing he could do. Kunvar has never felt this helpless before.

Kunvar saw Lata aunty in the door wiping her tears with her saree.

Kunvar gestured her to go downstairs. She looked hesitant, but she did as she was told.

Mithila pulled the blanket from the bed and covered herself with it.

"He won't come here." She whispered.

Kunvar approached the bed and lay down beside her at a distance. He kept looking at her. Her eyes were hyperaware. She pulled the blanket closer covering the lower half of her face with it.

She looked at Kunvar for a few seconds then she relaxed.

"He won't come here right?" Mithila asked in a whisper with an agonizing stare.

"No." Kunvar replied.

"Don't let him come. I am safe here. He should not find me." She said in a hurry and all of a sudden she started crying again. "He hurts me a lot you know." She said in a small voice.
"This is wrong. This is so wrong." She said the last sentence in a whisper with a sob following it.

"Yes it's wrong." Kunvar said, completely unaware of what he was supposed to say.

The love of his life was going through something which was so horrible. And he couldn't do anything to prevent it. But he wanted to be there with her. He wanted her to trust him.

After few minutes Mithila relaxed. She kept looking at Kunvar. But Kunvar knew she didn't know who he was. She was not herself now.

"I am Kunvar." He said softly.

"Mithila." She said in the same soft voice.

It was like they were meeting all over again.

She kept looking at him, thinking. She was deciding something, maybe wondering something.

"You're not afraid of anything." Mithila said. It wasn't a question.

"I am not." He said simply.

Her talk was just lost on him. She was saying all incoherent things.

"Because you don't have anything to lose maybe." She said thoughtfully.

How wrong you're baby. I will die if I lose you, Kunvar thought.

"I do have. But I will not lose her." He said determined.

Mithila Stared at him for a while with an impassive stare. She was contemplating whatever she was going to say next.

Her thoughts were all over the place.

"You love her." Sha said it like she was simply stating the obvious.

"More than that." He said with utmost sincerity.
Kunvar knew she was in an emotional turmoil. She was not herself, her brain was mixing all past and present things haphazardly.

"Tell me the story, your story." She said in a whisper.

Kunvar smiled a small smile at her.
He settled on his side looking at her with his head on his folded hand.

"Once upon a time, there was a Princess. She was shy as a flower, but fierce as a bird. She was kept hidden from all the world, by some evil thing. You know why?" Mithila just raised her eyebrows at him.

"Because she was precious. Most beautiful girl in the world. Her touch healed wounds, her smile took the worries away, and her voice soothed an aching heart, she was like a forbidden fruit." Mithila inched closer to him. Kunvar continued, "One day a lost Prince found her. She was curled up in her shell, bound by her shackles. He wanted her, but she was hesitant. He kept coming back to her." Kunvar was making her realise their situation. "One day, he broke all her shackles and the wall around her heart." Mithila smiled a small smile. "She was free and she was his." Like you're mine baby, Kunvar thought but didn't say it. "And they lived happily ever after." He finished the ending he wanted to have to their story.

Mithila didn't even blink during the whole story.
"He saved her." She whispered.

"He will." Kunvar whispered back.

A lone tear escaped from the angle of her eye and she smiled at him.
"He will." She repeated.

Kunvar stretched a hand towards her keeping it a little away from her. But this time she didn't scream. She didn't even flinch. But she didn't make any effort to take it.

"Whenever you're ready." He said and lied down on his back.

He was about to sleep when her soft hand approached his and she held it tightly.

Kunvar smiled to himself.
"I love you Mithila, I love you so much." He whispered softly.

Mithila just squeezed his hand. That's all he needed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

883K 48K 39
COMPLETED ✅ #1 in indian on 12/01/21 # 1 in india on 8/3/21 #1 in Family on 11/7/21 #1 in husbandandwife on 9/9/21 Two people who had no choice but...
137K 3.2K 13
It all started when she first saw him on her way to college as a teenager. Although she didn't know about his past, she fell for him deeply. He also...
12.7K 1.4K 36
'How many girlfriends have you had?' she asks after a pause. 'You won't like the numbers' he replies. 'I don't care about your numbers' she remarks s...
557K 20.8K 30
Highest rating- #3 on Chicklit! Avni Kashyap (25) has had an upbringing as normal as any other. Well, normal if you don't count her seven other sibli...