Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
Amethyst
State Banquet
Illusion of Truth
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Kissing The Bride
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Safety Net
Vulnerable
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Star Crossed

2.8K 209 141
By itsandreasachs

Son Yejin POV

"Please come back exactly a week from now," the obstetrician in the clinic asked me to.

"Can I just check my self to another physician? I'm sorry, I'm just stopping by here in Granada and I have to go out of the city tonight."

"No problem. Bring this ultrasonography prints and explain your condition."

"Is there something I have to worry about this? Am I really pregnant?"

"You are pregnant, yes, take a closer look at this. This is the embryo. The size is relatively smaller than how it's supposed to be, but let's measure it again next week. Where are you going to anyway?"

"London. I will move and stay there, permanently."

"I will give you some vitamins and progesterone, you should be fine. No heavy lifting, avoid stress."

Kensington, London

"Mrs. Hyun-"

"Yejin, please."

"Yejin, I thought you already have a place here, that you're deciding to reside in London. This is a nice flat anyway, fancy neighborhood."

Shinhye made a comment on my choice of the flat while helping me unpack my barely filled suitcase. I rented an apartment in Kensington High Street, the same area where the penthouse Bin has bought for me was located. I didn't want to stay there, there were memories of us spending a night there, but I wasn't ready to let go either.

"Bin has a place here, but I don't feel like living there."

"Where is Bin's place anyway? Is it in the suburb or here in the middle of the city?"

"It's not far from here," I answered nonchalantly.

"Yejin, you've been staring at the window for ten minutes fine, what are you looking at?" Shinhye stood beside me trying to catch what has drawn me in.

"His place," I pointed at the wide window of the top-level building across us.

I rented a flat across his place. If he still wants me, eventually he will look up for me there. He knows how to trace me, no matter which passport I have used and which name I took.

The plan was Park Shinhye will stay with me for a week, until I was settled, got a new job, and everything was fine the pregnancy. She was really helpful with constant nausea, mood swings, and my silent tears during the nights aching for Bin. She would offer me a tissue or just simply sit next to me until I was done and sneezing from a stuffy nose, just like this night when she was planning to leave the next day.

"I am sorry for always disturbing your sleep. I'm not usually this weak."

"It's okay. You are one of the strongest and the calmest woman I ever watch on TV. The way you tackled his rumors was awesome. This blue mood is because you miss him, despite your disappointment with towards him. But Yejin, do you have any plan for you and him, and the baby?"

"Honestly, I don't have a firm one but I can picture myself raising my child here, only us."

"And Bin will be out of the picture?"

" Yes, no signs of him settling down with me, he is still the same playboy my child won't ever need."

"Your and his child. You will share a child with him. Takes two to tango, Yejin."

"I know."

"Let's say he finally finds you here and begs for reunite, would you accept him?'

"If he was here to claim or meet our child then I'll let him, but to be husband and wife, I'm not so sure. He will need to earn it back. He has an issue with being a faithful husband that I can't tolerate no more"

"Understood. How about your marital status then? Have you made a decision?"

"I have not. I still love him and parting from him test my feelings anyway. I miss him, you see I crave for him, but for some reason, I better stay away from him. On the other side, I had a deal with President Hyun that he will let me live in peace if I agree to stay away from his family, but he didn't specifically mention about divorce, so..at least it has been seven days of the most peaceful of my life in the last four years."

"What does President Hyun have on you?"

"He said I know too much. I shouldn't tell you anyway," I chuckled.

"Fine by me, but just spill it if one day you need help to turn the table. By the way, you have an ultrasonography appointment for tomorrow. I will leave once we're sure that you're good, okay?"

"Thank you, sorry, I hope you won't get fired by NIS."

"I won't, don't worry."

Shinhye went with me to the obstetrician, then she planned to go straight to Heathrow from there. Little I know that she hadn't buy any ticket yet, for as hard as I have tried to convince that I was fine, she thought that I was not.

She was right. I was not.

"The embryo hasn't made any development. By this week of your pregnancy, and your previous medical records from Spain, I'm afraid that this is suspected blighted ovum," the obstrtrician said.

What? Even the embryo, part of him in me, didn't make any development. Was this the way the universe telling me that we were not meant to be?

Shinhye refused to leave me and stayed with me until the next week when I have another scheduled ultrasonography with the obstetrician.

"I am sorry, but we have to terminate as soon as possible. This is a blighted ovum. No particular cause for this case, just a bad luck. With the right treatment, you can still try to conceive again after this."

I have no choice but to end this newly discovered happiness in me. I couldn't hold my tears as I swallowed the bitter pills that would separate me with the one who was supposed to be the mini version of him and me in seven months from that day.

On the same day, I went through a curette surgery and being permitted to go home two hours later. The doctor has explained what to expect from my body after this and asked me to take three days full bed rest.

It was my third day after the curette when Shinhye was just coming back after a grocery shopping to fill my fridge. She broke down in tears when I stepped out of the bathroom after cleaning down my self from vaginal bleeding as the side effects of the curette, and told her, "The bleeding has finally stopped. I guess this is it. There is nothing left from him in me."

"Liar. Then why are your eyes wet?"

"The baby isn't inside of me anymore but he is still in my heart. He broke my heart but I still love him with all the pieces!" I crumbled, burst in tears.

She quickly held me and soothed my back until I finally calm down.

"I don't think I can leave you like this. I will call for another leave."

"Don't. I don't want you to get fired."

"I can always apply to somewhere else. Don't worry."

"Don't drag yourself to my mess. Just go back to Spain and when you have time, come to London and crash here anytime."

"Just, keep me and my Dad in the loop. If anything, anything happens or you need any help, reach out to us."

"I will. This one, only time can heal."

She kept soothing my back as we sat on the floor, staring at the rainy night through the window. Suddenly, something drew our attention from across the street.

Bin's penthouse. The lights were just turned on. Not long after, I saw a familiar silhouette of a man from behind its glass window. It's him. The one who put the ring on my finger with his name engraved on it.

Hyun Bin POV

My Dad has finally accepted the National Assembly's decision to reenact the Presidential Election Act so all he did was just enjoying his last weeks in the Blue House. He can't run for the next presidential election.

On the other side, Choi Jaewook was the strongest candidate in the upcoming election, but Youngjae had a hard time accepting it and I joked that he will ruin his own father's campaign. We were getting along, and even though we were never talked about it, we know where we stand and who connected us, Oh Hyewon.

Back when I found out that she has gone from Madrid along with Park Shinhye's disappearance, Youngjae and I decided to fly back to Seoul and sorted the things out there between us, my parents, and his father.

Using the stock account as to negotiate, Dad finally confessed that he made a deal with Yejin. I learned that she wasn't kidnapped or being exiled somewhere, but being asked to get away from us by Dad.

I was so mad at Dad, and Mom was trying to mend the situation between us at the moment while Youngjae was staring at us from the corner of the study.

Instead of trying to help my Mom or taking my side, he dropped the bomb that left all of us shocked as hell.

"Before she left, Yejin brought a pregnancy test pack."

She what??

Mom instantly dropped her attempt to mend us and took my side as she had a soft spot for children, let alone her grandchildren.

Dad somehow looked overwhelmed and finally told us about what's so-called his deal with Yejin.

During her time working here, Dad was using his influence to gather earlier information about commodities, even several times using his power to push some agenda that will affect the market. That information was being used to decide which stocks to buy and to sell before the price went extremely high or down. That's worse than insider trading. Dad was fooling out of the stock market.

I did not know that, but Son Yejin and Park Heesoo did, but in different ways.

Once Dad was furious about Choi Jaewook's plan to push the reenaction of that act in the National Assembly, Park Heesoo realized that Dad was going to run as an incumbent in the next election.

Everyone knows that required a lot of money. Park Heesoo secretly tracked down Dad's old account in Saxo Bank, four years ago the money has been wired to a new account, is used to trade South Korean stocks under Son Yejin's name.

Out of all people, her name. Dad and Mom trusted her as a secret keeper. Indeed she was my Mom's favorite since day one. Instead of using other staff names, they thought that Yejin was still naive, and she was a perfect cast to laundry the money.

No wonder Dad and Mom pushed me to sign the prenup before we get married, but at the same time trusted no one but her to be my bride. Aside from that, I understood then why Park Heesoo was being threatened and chose to run away from the country.

I thought all this time we were playing it cleanly. Turned out dirty, and worse, if that ever blows up, that's worse than just Dad being known to the public of having a son from an old affair.

That would be my Yejin going to be dragged to jail, and of course, along with accusations of power abuse of the access she had by being the President's staff for fooling the stock market.

Yejin was surprised when first I told her that was I only traded in the foreign market like NASDAQ or Nikkei where Dad has no influence there. She had no idea that I didn't know about my parents secretly trading the South Korean stocks under her name.

She knew too much, but at the same time, she felt like being used by my parents. She told my Mom that she truly loves me, and even though Mom was started to like her, Mom knew the risks.

Being my wife was just an assignment to take care of my mess.

With Park Heesoo's disappearance and Yejin secretly met Youngjae, Dad was afraid that they would leak it, and if that happen, Dad was so willing to throw her under the bus. Of course, she was scared and chose to leave once she was aware of her pregnancy.

Done settling everything with my Dad and Mom, I have made a peace with them and they let me look out for her. It was a big slap for me. It was like I have everything but then I wake up and all was gone.

Youngjae volunteered to go with me, and his company somehow must be useful so let the search began.

I have located Park Heesoo with the help of Youngjae's friends and my connection in Spain, but when I came back to Granada to see him, he didn't give me any clue at all on where Yejin was going from Granada, and I couldn't find Park Shinhye either.

But her passport told us, that she was entering the United Kingdom through Heathrow with Shinhye. That's all I had and London was the only place I could think of.

To my disappointment, Yejin wasn't staying in the penthouse I have bought for her. It was cold and empty, no signs of her ever stepped back inside at least for the last two weeks.

So here I was, staring blankly at the window of our penthouse, the safety net I have prepared for her but apparently she refused to use.

I was back in square one.

Youngjae came inside not long after, he stopped at the grocery store downstairs to fill the fridge and some liquor I very much needed.

"I need to get drunk. No question asked."

"Okay. But let's do it here later. I'm not Son Yejin, I don't know how to clear your mess if you make a scene in a pub here."

"So what do you do if I were, make a scene here?"

"Kill all the witness? It's more effective," he chuckled, "but let's see how you react after I say this, I saw Park Shinhye in the grocery and I tailed her back to her place."

"You what?! Why didn't you talk to her? Ask where she stays? Maybe she knows where Yejin is!"

"That's just going to scare her. She lives across the street, right in the building in front of us. She greeted a little girl at the lobby and I ask the little girl where does that aunty live, she answered that she lives next to her flat, number 912 with another pretty aunty named aunty Yejin."

Then I got to meet her tomorrow. But how would I start it? She must be upset and all, but she might be pregnant and that's my child in her.

"Don't open the whiskey tonight. Save it later. I might need it if she reject me tomorrow, " I mumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 369 13
A collection of short fics inspired by prompts from CLOYnation's #SuitfitCupid A CLOY Valentines Challenge. *ctto of some pictures used
148K 6.8K 37
Fate decides to bring rough circumstances for the two lovers who just started to madly fall in love with each other. Are they really destined to be t...
39.5K 2.2K 35
Hyun bin is a really really rich guy Yejin is just a simple girl nothing special But one day their mother made them do an arrange marriage. Both of...
3.7K 309 3
Despite warnings that the dangerous game remains unstable, Yoon Seri demands his team to open the server just for her. Story Cover © @chumchururum