All is Found

By findinglove9499

With her life crumbling around her, worldwide popstar Ashlyn 'Ash' Monroe finds herself standing on the wrong... More

Authors Note
Cast List
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Alternative Ending
Hold My Hand

31

2.7K 118 8
By findinglove9499

The last part of the tour flew by faster than I thought it would. I was missing Thea a lot the first few days and it was hard to get back into the swing of things without her being here. It also took us a few days to get back to our good communication. But once we did, my heart hurt a little less. Thea also sent me the information for her therapists' practice. I set up an appointments with a few of them and found a therapist I liked in the office. Doctor Maren Blake and I have had a few skype sessions so far on off days and it made me wish I started talking to someone sooner.

            The decision came and went for me to join Halsey on the European leg of her tour and I accepted. For me, it was a no brainer decision and I was excited to go to Europe and play overseas. When I brought it up to Thea the night I needed to make my decision she once again told me I needed to go and she wasn't going to stop me from touring. I'm just happy that I'm going to get the whole month of June to spend with her before we leave the second week of July. Thea also put in for a vacation the last week of tour to join us. It was approved and I'm excited to have her come out for the last of the tour. 

            As we were finalizing our plans for the end of the US tour ending Nikki told me that she doesn't have an apartment to go home to. When she left for the tour with us her lease was us up and she didn't want to renew it. So I invited her to stay with me for the month until we leave for Europe. Britt was going home to Atlanta and Diego is leaving with his family tonight after the final show while Alyssa is staying in her Los Angeles apartment. The week before we leave for Europe Alyssa, Britt and Diego are going to come to Boston so we can rehearse and they can get adjusted for the time difference.

            Tomorrow afternoon, as promised, Diego's mom is throwing us a party at their house before we all go home. She invited everyone on the tour including Hasley's crew and we are all excited to have a home cooked meal. We were going to go tonight but Halsey already rented out a bar for all of us tonight. I was excited to get to unwind and let loose, but I still had a set to get through tonight before that could happen.

            Alyssa sat in the audience and watched our soundcheck tonight. She tapped away on her phone when as I finished up and I jumped off the stage.

            "You planning any pranks for later?" Alyssa asked and finished up whatever she was doing on her phone.

            "Maybe, do you want to join us?" I asked thinking about the bags of flour I have stacked up in my desking room while my band has enough silly string to attack a small army.

            "I'm going to stay out of it, your flight is leaving LAX tomorrow night. You and Nikki need to be at the airport at 11pm." Alyssa informed me as I sat down next to her.

            "I know mom, thanks for the reminder though." I said and chuckled.

            "Ashlyn, do you know who this is? They have a pass but we haven't seen her before and she is insisting to know you." One of our security guards walked toward us next to a woman who has her head down.

            "Does she have a name?" Alyssa asked and turned her attention to security.

            The woman lifted her head and her brown eyes found mine in an instant. Holy shit. I couldn't look away as the woman opened her mouth but I didn't hear a sound come out. I never thought I would see her again. After everything that happened between us Bobby blocked her number from my phone and all of her social media.

            "Ashlyn" Her voice finally reached my ears and I took a breath.

            "Gina" I said and stood on wobbly legs.

            "It's been a long time" She said and smiled.

            "How about we go somewhere quiet." I said wanted to get somewhere private for this conversation. Gina nodded and I grabbed her hand.

            "Alyssa, don't bother me until 10 minutes till curtain okay?" I didn't wait for an answer as I pulled Gina along with me towards my dressing room.

            Once we were inside I closed the door behind me and took a deep breath. I haven't seen her since we were served with the cease and desist order. Gina took a seat on the couch and I stood close to the door.

            "How did you get in here?" I asked and watched as she took in the dressing room.

            "The modeling agency had passes for the show tonight and I took one, then I broke away from the group who were meeting with Halsey to try and come find you when security caught me. I'm happy I got a guy who actually listened to what I had to say instead of just throwing me out the door." Gina said and placed her bag in her lap.

            "Is there a reason why you're here? I mean don't get me wrong it's nice to see you and all." I said and cut myself off.

            "The first night of tour you played my song. The video got some minor success on YouTube and I saw it recently. I tried to get tickets to your show in New York but the agency didn't have any left so I jumped on getting the ticket for your show tonight." Gina said and looked up at me.

            "Minor success, that video has a few million views now." I said thinking about the last time Alyssa rattled off the success of my songs.

            "Well comparing it to some of Halsey's video's, it's minor success." Gina said and smirked.

            "Alright, alright." I said and sat in the arm chair that's next to the couch.

            "Seriously though I just want to see you. I wanted to see if you were okay. I followed your court case with Bobby and you have no idea how happy I was to see you get that win in court and for Bobby to get some time behind bars. I popped a bottle of champagne and celebrated for you." Gina said and gave me a smile.

            "I'm okay, things are finally starting to settle. I feel like the worst is behind me and I can move on with my life and onto bigger and better things. I'm actually staying on Halsey's tour for the European leg." I shared.

            "Look at you, that's exciting." Gina said.

            Gina took a look around the dressing room while I gather my thoughts. I never thought I would see her again. After I found out what the label could do if we didn't stop seeing each other, I broke it off right away. It was one of the most painful things I ever had to do.

            "You know I never thought I would see you again." I said after a long moment.

            "I didn't know if you ever wanted to see me again." Gina said.

            "God I wish things were different. I want you to know how sorry I am for the way everything happened. I didn't know about the clause in my contract until we were served. I spent hours going over my contract with Asher to try and figure out a way were we could be together and not have our lives ruined. Then when the label came with the pictures of us I knew I couldn't destroy your life." I voiced some of the thoughts that have been running through my head since I saw Gina walk onto the floor.

            "I know you didn't know; I remember the last night we spent together and how you wanted to run away together. Sometimes, I wish we did it." Gina said and sighed.

            When we were served, I spent hours going over the contract with Asher and we couldn't find a way out of it. That night I went to Gina's apartment, emotions all over the place, and almost begged her to run away with me. It didn't matter where we went or ended up, only that we were together. Gina didn't want to leave; her modeling career was just starting to take off and she didn't want to leave her family even though her parents were homophobic.

            "It wouldn't have lasted long even if we did run away. I was gone for less than 24 hours before Bobby reported me missing." I said. 

            "I saw that as well. I guess we wouldn't have gotten that far would we." Gina asked and looked over to me.

            "Probably not" I said and sighed. "What are you really doing here Gina?" I asked.

            "The song. When I saw the video I knew that I wanted to come talk to you. I tried getting your number but I knew that you probably got a new one after everything that happened with Bobby and nobody had it. You also still have me blocked on social media so I couldn't reach out there. Next best thing was to get a ticket to the show and hopefully get lucky to try and see you. Thanks to that nice security guard, luck was on my side today.

            "When you first played that song you gave a little intro to it explaining it a little. You said you wished for me to be happy. I wanted to tell you that I am. It has taken years to get to this point and it was a crawl at some times but I finally happy.

            "After the fall out with us I came to realize I couldn't hide myself from my family and I came out. I didn't want to be outed if something happened with Bobby behind our backs so I told them. My dad kicked me out and I couch surfed for a while until I had enough money saved for a studio. I got a few acting parts through my agency and things were looking good but I felt like I had a hole in my chest from losing you.

            "I know it wasn't your fault and I wanted to hate you for it for so long. Then I heard about what happened to Asher and Ashley and I flew out. I came to the house and the police had it closed off and I didn't know where you were. Just as I was leaving Bobby came out of Pat and Eds house and he saw me. He threatened me in front of police officers and he wouldn't tell me where you were. He claimed I was trespassing and the officers made me leave and I went back to LA.

            "I kept tabs on your career after that as I tried to pull myself together. Therapy helped and I got some more acting jigs that I got to pour my heart into and then I met someone. At first she was just a friend then she asked me on a date six months after we met and I said yes and we've been together since. So to answer your question yes I am happy."

            Gina came to Boston to try and see me? I'm not surprised that Bobby had her removed. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, I wasn't with Pat and Ed. I was in witness protection until I left for tour again because the police weren't sure if the people who tried to rob my house would come after me and try again.

            "I've always wondered happened to you in the back of my mind somewhere. After Bobby tore us apart it was the first straw to my back. Everything got worse for me after that moment. I'm definitely in a better place then I was then and in a relationship now that I don't have to hide and she makes me so happy my face hurts from smiling. All I've ever wanted to know is if you ever played my song and thought what would have been if we ran away together when we had a chance." I said and gave Gina a smile.

            "I did, there were some nights when that song was the only thing that got me through. I still listen to it to this day when I need to be reminded that love needs to be felt. I'm glad you shared it with the world. I'm hoping that others can find love in the song like I did." Gina said.

            Just as I was about to respond there was a knock on the door and Alyssa walked in. She looked at both of us for a moment before she walked fully into the room holding a bouquet of flowers.

            "They just came along with the one Nikki is holding behind me." Alyssa said as Nikki followed her inside.

            "Who are they from?" I asked.

            "Your girlfriend and Pat. Both of them have card inside, I didn't look at them though." Alyssa said and placed them both on the counter.

            "How much time till curtain?" I asked and got up off the couch.

            "You have less an hour." Alyssa said as Nikki looked over to Gina.

            "Thanks guys." I said and Alyssa pushed Nikki to the door. Before she left she grabbed one of the sacs of flour.

            "That's really sweet of her." Gina said and nodded towards the flowers.

            "I'm excited to get back home to her." I said and picked up the card from the flowers. Can't wait for you to come home, I miss my brunch buddy. ~Pat I put the note down and picked up the other one. I'm off the day you come home. You, me and a bed for 24 hours ;) ~Thea.

            My face flushed at her words and I forgot I wasn't alone. When I looked up and saw Gina still sitting on the couch on her phone I knew I needed to wrap up this visit. Gina must have felt it in the air because she stood from the couch and grabbed her bag.

            "It was really nice to see you again Ashlyn. I know things will never be the same between us but I wish you all the best Ash." Gina said.

            "I'm glad you are happy Gina I really am." I said and gave her a smile.

            Gina walked over to me and we hugged. I felt like I finally had some closure when it comes to what happened between us now. After Gina left my dressing room I unblocked her on everything and added her. Just as I finished Thea's name flashed onto my screen. I smiled and answered it. She called to wish me luck for the show tonight and I gave her my flight details for tomorrow. I asked her to turn everything back on in my house for Nikki and that she needs to bring my truck to the airport since it's bigger.

            Once the call was over I got dressed for the show tonight and wore Halsey merch for the night. I met up with my band to go over the plan for pranks tonight and for once we were all on the same page. We were going to let Halsey get through her set and attack during her encores.

            Our final set of the US leg of Halsey's Manic Tour was great. The crowd was crazy and Halsey came out before I started My Heart. She thanked me for come out on tour with her and wanted to sing alone with me. Of course I agreed and we had a great time singing together. That was until her band came out with silly string and attacked us. We all just took it in stride and jumped around and basked in the moment.

            Halsey and I laughed a bit as we finished up the song. Alyssa came out and we got some group pictures of the aftermath and then got off the stage to let them clean-up for Halsey's set. My band didn't end up changing after we got off stage. We all just waited and watched from the wings as Halsey finished her set.

            I think she was expecting some retaliation from us but as she finished the show and nothing came relaxed a bit. We all ran off to get our supplies and realized that Halseys' band took all of the silly string from my bands dressing room. I'm happy they didn't come into mine so we still had the flour. I grabbed a few water bottles and kept them close by in the wings as Diego, Britt and Nikki had the flour.

            The plan was I was going to sing a good part of Without Me with Halsey and they were going to come out and hit everyone with the water and flour. I would join in of course once they came out with the surprise. Alyssa handed me my microphone and I joined Halsey on stage. We got through a good portion of the song by the time Diego hit us both with water. Britt came over and handed me the flour bag and I threw a lot at her. Then she hug me and we both ended up covered in flour.

            Today started very weird but it ended with one of the best shows of my life.

a/n: Brand new The Neighbourhood song to add to the chapter called Cherry Flavored Conversation, thought it fit well with the conversation between Gina and Ash. Gina is played by Brittany O'Grady. we also get to meet the ex. i felt like it was important to include her somewhere in this book because she was an important part of Ash's life and she was quite literally ripped away from her. this will be the only time we see her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 10.4K 70
I was trapped. Trapped between an obscure past that was haunting me and a chance of building a better future for myself. Trapped between the four wal...
26.9K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
5.9K 450 40
Ash is autistic and OCD, she has zero friends and her wife just divorced her. Not only that, she also takes everything Ash owns except her apartment...
3.2K 170 12
You've been grinding away at Interscope Records for the last two years, dreaming of the day you'd get your shot at working solo with an artist. Final...