Illegal My Ass

By makeandoffer

Mia Hastings was never one to follow the rules. Her brother knew it, her best friend knew it. Everyone knew... More

Illegal My Ass
Chapter 2- 'Your hands are exploring more than Dora.'
Chapter 3-'And why exactly did you beat down Crocodile Dundee over there?'
Chapter 4- 'You'll thank me when you wake up without herpes.'
Chapter 5- 'Dude, you actually have a mangina.'
Chapter 6- 'There is no finer art than pornography.'
Chapter 7- 'What are you talking about? I could so get laid in prison'
Chapter 8- 'You spoon raped me Hastings.'
Chapter 9-' You did NOT have sex in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.'
Chapter 10- 'And by it, I mean my metaphorical penis.'
Chapter 11- 'I'd rather shove Harry Potters wand up my ass.'
Chapter 12- 'Well done Mia, you beat the crap out of an old guy.'
Chapter 13- 'I'm not touching it Drake.'
Chapter 14- 'Oh nothing really, just making your grandchildren.'
Chapter 15- 'Be ready with the camera as soon as we hear trousers unzip.'
Chapter 16- Every man has a zombie plan.
Chapter 17- 'Isn't it my job to get you wet?'
Chapter 18- 'We drink like immortals.'
Chapter 19- 'Prisons changed you man.'
Chapter 20- 'Spooning always leads to forking.'
Chapter 21- 'All it takes is a bag of cheese balls to say I love you.'
Chapter 22- 'That was uncalled for...you pool table whore.'
Chapter 23- 'Shut up or I will never touch you again.'
Chapter 24- 'He's sat on a toilet, high & singing the Family Guy theme tune.'
Chapter 25- 'It was like we were possessed...By two really horny ghosts.'
Chapter 26- 'I don't want my family to think I prefer sausage to sea food.'
Chapter 27- 'You're right. It's not a date. It's a freaking Marriage.'
Chapter 28- 'And by elephant, I meant his massive hard on.'
Chapter 29- 'I didn't punch him in the throat. I think that went well.'
Chapter 30- 'Hold on, I forgot my sombrero.'
Chapter 31- 'Drake, did we make babies last night?'
Chapter 32- 'We full on had a Jerry Springer moment in the middle of a bar.'
Chapter 33- 'Probably commandment number one of the hoe bible.'
Chapter 34- 'You taste like sunshine...and beer.'
Chapter 35- 'My brain shut off and my penis took the wheel.'
Chapter 36- 'This is the effect O'Connell penis has on a girl.'
Chapter 37- 'We were screwed. And not in the good way.'
Chapter 38- 'We were more public than a Kardashian.'
Chapter 39- ' You're rocking the walk of shame uniform.'
Chapter 41- 'We stole a parrot & tried to teach it how to sing Bump N Grind'
Chapter 42- 'He tried and failed like the Twilight Films.'
Chapter 43- 'Stop avoiding the question you giant Dildo!'
Chapter 44- 'I'm like the Superman of the boner world.'
Chapter 45- 'Try to stall him without taking your clothes off.'
Chapter 46- 'I'm like a butcher, I enjoy showing everyone my meat.'
Chapter 47- 'Every compliment is expected to be repaid in blowjobs.'
Chapter 48- 'You need to see the size of him. He was like a Fridge.'
Chapter 49- 'Unwillingly, I decided to stop threatening the Hospital staff.'
Chapter 50- 'I was like James Bond, but with a vagina.'
Chapter 51- 'I didn't say I knew how to pick them.'
EPILOGUE

Chapter 40- 'You're thinking about my penis aren't you?'

564K 14.1K 8.4K
By makeandoffer

A/N: thank you to ChloeCullen for the beauty of a banner, i love all the quotes you chose to put on it!

And thank you to potatoXhead97 for another AMAZiNG trailer! its so sexy i want to marry it! Hope you like the chapter guys....its an interesting one i can say that much as i know many of you have been waiting for it...

---

I fell asleep. I don’t know how long I was out for, but the next thing I remember is someone’s screaming voice jolting me out of my sleep.

“TSUNAMI!” the voice almost cuts through me as I shoot awake, my heart beating so hard I’m surprised it didn’t bulldoze out of my chest.

I look down at a laughing Drake, and my heart stops trying to beat its way out into the open as I realise it was this asshole that almost gave me a stroke.

“See, it’s not nice being woken up in such a manner is it?” Drake asks once he stops laughing, his voice smug as she looks at me with amusement.

I grit my teeth and nod my head.

“Touché.” I will give him that one, I deserved it. I realise my hand is still tangled with his bloody one on his stomach. I resist the urge to smile as I spot this.

I let out a sigh and rest my head back down on his arm “We need to start waking each other up a little more calmly. This is the kind of shit that causes heart problems.”

He twists is head and looks down at me, the corner of his mouth raised as he nods in agreement.

“Very true. Plus we’re running out of natural disasters and accidents to wake each other up with.”

I scoff “Speak for yourself, I’ve still got global warming, blizzard, avalanche, Ice age, Hurricane and a shit load of other ones.”

He furrows his brows and looks at me questioningly “You were going to scream Ice Age at me? You are aware that’s a children’s film and not a natural disaster?”

“Well if the world does freeze over and you're shivering your balls off in minus temperatures, you’re going to feel pretty silly saying that to me aren't you?” I counter, and he actually laughs at my logic.

He looked better now. I don’t know if it was because he got some sleep, or the alcohol has completely worn off but he looked a little happier than he did when I first got here. I have no idea how long we were asleep for but to be honest I didn’t care.

Jesus Christ, I really did like the asshole.

And we all know how my vagina feels about him, so you can imagine how happy she is right now that I'm currently lying in bed with him. Although she has more than plenty to say about the fact we were still fully clothed. Apparently she wanted more of a porn moment than a lifetime moment.

“Why have you suddenly gone quiet?” Drake’s voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

I look up at him innocently, shaking my head “No reason.”

He smirks “You’re thinking about my penis aren’t you?”

My eyes widen for a split second, debating if this was Drake or Edward Cullen the sparkly mind reader lying next to me. I got a quick image of Drake covered in glitter like a drag queen at a cabouret, but i quickly stuffed that thought into a box titled 'Do not fucking open. Ever.'

“If I was thinking about your penis it would have been a much shorter thought.” I reply with a smirk of my own, impressed with my quick cover up and insult.

He raises his brows at the dig at his penis, clearly not impressed. If there was one thing I knew about Drake, it was that he does not take kindly to people bad mouthing his soldier. It was like his own ugly little one eyed child.

“Now why do that? Why lie? We both know there is nothing short, miniature, tiny or small about my hammer and bolts, so why say it?” he asks rhetorically, gesturing his head towards the so called ‘hammer and bolts’. “I have never had complaints.”

“Out loud?” I suggest innocently, enjoying how defensive he was getting.

He glares at me, amusement in his eyes “When it comes to my Driller, the thing I hear out loud a lot is ‘Oh dear god, how will that fit?” he squeals in a girl’s voice, opening his mouth dramatically and slapping his hand over it. I try and hold back laughter as he continues “Or ‘OMG Drakey, where do you find jeans with three legs?”

I let out a laugh “Shut up you idiot no girl has ever said that to you.”

“They have!” he exclaims. He places a hand over his chest “Hand on heart this girl once said that to me, you really think a man forgets a compliment like that?!”

I shake my head in amusement “You are such a bullshitter.”

“Oh really? Its not exactly that hard to believe though, you’ve seen it.” He looks at me, his eyes now twinkling with mischief.

I shrug “Nothing to tell your friends about.” I try and hold back a smile, and I see him try and do the same.

“See if my memory serves me correct, the 3 times I defiled you in less than 12 hours you weren’t telling your friends about it sure, but I had to put my hand over your mouth a couple of times from letting you slip it out to the entire neighbourhood with that very loud, pleasurable screaming and moaning you were doing?” he recalls sweetley, knowing the answer.

“I don’t remember that…” I mutter, not looking him in the eyes.

“I’ll refresh your memory.” He eagerly replies, suddenly sitting up straight. I placed my head on the pillow, not sitting up because I sort of anticipated I wasn’t really going to like what Drake was about to perform. “I think it went something like this…” He clears his throat before he shuts his eyes “Oh god, oh Drake don’t stop, oh my god, fuck fuck, fucking hell Drake harder. Ohh, Ahhh, Ahhh, AHHH!”

I blink as I look at him in amazement.

I actually think that performance was better than Meg Ryan’s in ‘When Harry Met Sally’.

He looks down at me with a proud smile “Memory refreshed enough for you? Because if it’s not I can always move onto act 2-“

“No! I remember there will be no need.” I cut him off, not being able to look him in the eye as I realise myself that was a pretty spot on performance of what happened when we had sex.

Don’t judge me, the man was like a freaking skilled master of banging.

“Are you sure?” He asks, moving on the bed so he is lying back down on his side facing me. His hand trails across my stomach and to my hip causing my body to stand up to attention. It was like the real Slim freaking Shady it stood up that fast. I still don’t make eye contact as I stare up firmly at the ceiling. His head lowers slightly, kissing my shoulder before putting his mouth near my ear “Because I would love to refresh your memory even more.”

I think if my vagina was a person right now it would have Pom Poms and would be doing a cheer of joy. She would be like an extra in 'Bring it On.' I mentally scoffed, i bet any money thats why those idiots in the film were cheering anyway. No one has that much energy unless they are getting some.

Tearing away from bad cheerleading films and back to reality...

I still don’t reply and keep my eyes on the ceiling, I think trying not to have another panic attack as I feel his hand trail on my side, touching my bare skin.

“Mia the silent treatment doesn’t work on me, I’m a man who likes a challenge.” With that, he rolls me onto my side with the hand that was on my hip so I’m now facing him, my body pressed up against his. There is a faint smile on his lips as his eyes stare down at mine.

“Is this really wise?” I ask, my voice faint as I realise just how close his mouth is to mine, and how his hand was now on my ass pushing me closer to him.

“Definitely not, but nothing I’ve done involving you so far has been wise.” He responds, his eyes tearing away from my lips and boring into mine “Plus this is like the third time I’ve woken up next to you, which is three times more than I've ever woken up with a female. Ever.”

I have to bite back a smile as I suddenly realise this was true. Drake had told me before in my kitchen he has never woken up in bed next to a girl after sex, or ever really. The fact that I took his virginity in that sense made me feel extremely proud. And the girlish Disney side of me thought ‘maybe this means he wants to have babies with me and get a house and dog.’

The smart side of me took a hammer and beat the Disney side of me to death pretty fast though.

 “So have I changed the great womanising Drake O’Connell?” I ask sarcastically, inching my body closer to his. I see the corner of his mouth turn up “Are you going to shower me with flowers and diamonds? Maybe get me a teddy holding a love heart?”

The amused look never leaves his face as he keeps eye contact and pretends to think it over.

“I don’t see that happening…” he concludes “But I may push the boat out and go and make you a sandwich after we have sex?”

I smile sweetly at him “Isn't that my job as a female?”

His face turns serious as he bites his bottom lip and lets out a groan “Oh baby you know just what to say.”

He suddenly slams his lips onto mine, and I laugh into the kiss at his words.

Not before long all the laughter is gone as I kiss him back, finally putting my arms in use and wrapping them around his neck as he slowly rolls me onto my back. My hand tangles into his hair as the kiss deepens, my mouth opening against his and I find myself moaning against his mouth as his hands start their journey around my body.

And believe me he didn’t need a compass to know where he was going.

I push the leather jacket he fell asleep in off his shoulders until it was somewhere on the floor.

I knew this probably wasn’t wise considering what happened last night, but as usual my mind was in a coma whenever Drake’s penis was involved.

My hands wonder down his back to the hem of his shirt, and I begin to pull it up. He gets the hint and tears away from my mouth, pulling the top over his head and throws it on the floor. His mouth is immediately back on mine as he positions himself on top of me, placing both of my legs either side of his waist. The new position made it possible for me to feel how hard he was, and I couldn’t help myself as ground my pelvis against his ‘hammer and bolts’.

He groaned, pulling away from the kiss slightly. He was breathing heavily but I could see the smirk on his lips.

“Foul move there Mia.” He breathes, his eyes almost entirely black from lust.

I smile back innocently “Oops.”

He narrows his eyes at me playfully “You might want to bury your face in that pillow. I’m going to make you scream so loud your dad will hear you in America.”

I almost came there and then.

I grabbed the back of his head and pulled his face back onto mine, that last sentence turning me into a wild animal because I was now very impatient to have this man follow through with his last threat.

His hands went to the waistband of my jeans and just as he was about to pull them down, his phone started ringing.

We both ignored it at first and it did stop ringing. Then the ringtone began again as the caller was clearly very persistent.

Drake groaned against my mouth in frustration before he realised he had to get off.

“Someone better be on fire…” he muttered under his breath as he pushed himself up and leaned over to the bedside table for his phone. He was still in the same position as before when he answered the call.

“Hello?” he answered, his voice clearly annoyed. I wasn’t too happy myself right now. He was where I wanted him, in between my legs, but yet I was still so far from getting what I wanted.

Seriously, someone better be on fire…

Suddenly I see a change in Drake. He stops being annoyed and I see him panic slightly as he pushes himself off of me and sits on the edge of the bed, his back to me.

“Sorry Boss I didn’t look at the number before I answered.” Drake’s voice is suddenly a lot nicer, and I can tell why. It was the owner of the bar, his and Nate’s boss.

I could hear a muffled voice on the other end of the phone, and he didn’t sound too happy. I wouldn’t be either if I found out the people who I left in charge of my bar got into a brawl in the middle of peak hours.

“I know, we were completely out of order and I am sorry. It was un professional and stupid.” Drake explained down the phone, clearly trying to tell the boss man what the hell happened last night “It was just a stupid argument that went too far, we weren’t thinking…Yeah I know…No I wouldn’t be happy if I was in your shoes either…Yes I’d want to kick my ass too…”

I sat up from where I was sitting, moving next to Drake so I could see his face. I was also trying to get closer to the phone so I could try and hear what the boss man was saying. I still couldn’t make anything out.

“No Jimmy had nothing to do with it, it was between me and Nate and that’s it.” Drake continued to explain, and then stopping as the boss man said something else. I saw the sudden hard look on Drake’s face but it took him less than two seconds to reply “I threw the first punch.”

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Drake didn’t throw the first punch last night, Nate did.

Drake clenches his jaw as he listens to whatever the boss man is saying, before nodding his head slightly “Is Nate still going to keep his job?” He stops again as he listens to the response and I see him look slightly relieved at the answer. He nods again “Yeah, I understand. Thank you for giving me the job in the first place, and I am sorry for behaving like that…See you later.”

He hangs up the phone, throwing it on the bed next to him. He places his elbows on his knees and runs a hand through his hair.

“What did he say?” I ask, even though I knew the answer.

He didn’t look at me and just kept his eyes straight ahead “He said he had to let me go. I threw the first punch so he couldn’t keep me on.”

“But you didn’t throw the first punch, Nate did. Why did you lie?”

He shrugs slightly “Nate had that job before me. He didn’t deserve to lose it.”

“Neither did you Drake, especially considering how long it took you to find this job.” I remind him. Drake could not find a job anywhere because of his record, it was a miracle he got hired at the bar and that was only because Nate and Jimmy talked him up.

“I’ll find something.” His voice was low as he looked like he was deep in his own thoughts as he said this.

“You shouldn’t have done that Drake. Nate threw that first punch not you.”

“Yeah and he had every fucking right to!” Drake suddenly snaps, looking at me for the first time since he got off the phone. I stay quiet as I see the change in him suddenly, whatever he was thinking about a minute ago clearly allowed all his anger to resurface. He let out a hard breath as he pushed himself to his feet and turned to me “I mean fuck Mia, what the hell are we doing?”

I look down at the bed, trying to find a reasonable answer to that question. I couldn’t think of one.

“Seriously after last night we shouldn’t even be talking, but here we are in my bed and I’m making a fucking pass at you. The lad who I considered a brother isn’t even talking to me because I banged his sister behind his back, and what do I do? I try and bang her again less than 24 hours later. No wonder your brother threw that first punch, he should have done a lot more than that.”

“Nate will calm down eventually.” I try and reason with him, keeping my voice even as I can see him getting angrier. In between his pacing he spots his top on the floor and picks it up, covering his naked torso as he slides it back on.

“Oh yeah he’s going to be real calm when he finds out I tried to slip it to you again even after the Jerry Springer showdown last night.” He snaps back sarcastically, placing both his hands behind his head “Fuck what is wrong with me?!”

I clench my jaw, realising I was getting pissed off “Clearly a lot if you would get with someone like me.” He stops pacing and looks down at me “I mean seriously, you must be out of your fucking mind to make such a stupid mistake.” I spit at him, getting to my feet and grabbing my jacket off his chair. I head towards the door but I feel him grab my arm and stop me.

“I didn’t mean it like that Mia and you know I didn’t.” He explains, looking me dead in the eyes.

“So you don’t regret it?” I find myself asking before I could stop.

He bores his eyes into mine hard, and when he doesn’t reply straight away I turn again and head for the door. His grip on my arm tightens as he yanks me back again. I wanted to get the hell out of here, because apparently since my epiphany this morning realising I had feelings for this asshole, the fact he might regret us getting together would probably destroy me.

“Stop trying to leave.” Drake orders through gritted teeth.

“Why do you want me to stay, I'm a regret so let go of me!” I almost yell at him trying to yank my arm free from his grasp. He doesn’t let go.

“You’re not a regret!” he says, and I stop trying to break free. He said the words, but I can tell there was more to it from the look on his face.

“So you don’t regret it?” I almost snarl at him sarcastically, because we both knew there was a ‘but’ to his sentence.

He sighs, running his other hand through his hair as he struggles to get the words out. Mostly because he knew I wasn’t going to like them.

“I regret what we did because of what happened after.” He says what we both knew he was thinking “But it’s not you I regret.” I can tell he was being honest, the look on his face more than proved that. “I don’t regret you at all Mimi.” He moves closer to me, his voice growing softer and you couldn’t miss the sincerity in it.

I however was still pissed, and it would take a lot more than a cute little sentence from charmer boy’s mouth to change that.

“You regret what we did.” My tone is hard “I was part of what we did.”

I finally yank my arm free, and turn to the door. As I open it and begin to walk out, I hear a growl and something smash. I immediately turn around, it was a reflex, and my eyes widen as I see the smashed glass on the floor.

Drake was pacing around the room, shaking the hand that was bleeding earlier. Only now it wasn’t dried up blood on his knuckles, it was fresh blood that was dripping onto the carpet. I looked at the full length mirror on his wardrobe and saw it was smashed to pieces. Clearly he had punched that to relieve his frustration.

I debated on just leaving; I really wanted to leave the moron here alone and just walk out. But my body wouldn’t let me, and before I knew it I had shut the door behind me and walked back into his room. I sighed as I walked over to him, throwing my jacket onto the bed as I stood in front of him and stopped his pacing.

“You need to learn to punch a pillow.” I state, my voice cold. He looks at me, I think amazed I was still here and hadn’t walked out. “Have you got a first aid kit?”

“Look Mia I don’t want you to be pissed at me, I really did mean what I said it just came out wrong.” He ignores my comment and tries to explain.

I play his own game and decide to ignore him too “You need to stop the bleeding so all you need is a cloth or an old top or something.”

He sighs in annoyance, walking closer to me and placing his index finger (of the hand that wasn’t dripping blood) under my chin and makes me look at him.

“Honestly Mia, I don’t regret you. I don’t want to lie because I do regret what happened, but not because of you. I regret it because I lost my best friend over it. I wish we had gone about it differently and not lied to him, but I never for one minute meant that I regretted being with you.”

I swallow slightly as I stare into his eyes, and I curse mentally as I realise he’s being sincere again. He’s giving me the puppy dog eyes and showing me the vulnerable Drake which you automatically melt to. Anyone would, even Hitler would struggle to stay angry looking at that face.

I somehow used all my inner strength, some could say I used the force depending on how much Star Wars you watched (which ironically also dictates how much sex you’re probably having) and remained cool. I kept my expression unreadable.

“I’ll get something for your hand then since you're not being helpful at all.” I step back from him and walk over to his wardrobe, opening it and scanning the little clothes he had there for something I could use. I grabbed an old blue T-shirt that was truly vile and didn’t deserve to claim the fabric it was made with.

“I’m going to use this because quite frankly it’s an abomination to fashion, clothes and the world in general.” I inform him, walking back over to him and grabbing his wrist, probably a little too forcefully.

Drake’s eyes are on me, and I could see he was a little stunned, probably because I was not only still here but because I was actually trying to stop him from bleeding to death. I was showing some interest in him, caring for him. It was amazing how stunned he looked that someone was actually caring about him.

“That’s my old gym kit from when I was like 13.” He suddenly explained, his voice low as he was a little weary of speaking in case I suddenly blew up.

I was pissed sure, I mean no one likes hearing the guy you slept with thought you two doing the dirty was a regret, but then again I knew where he was coming from. I wish we had done it differently. But I never for once second wish we hadn’t done what we did. I wish we hadn’t of hurt Nate in the process, and that is why I can’t be angry with Drake. Because I hadn’t lost everything like he had. Nate was still speaking to me, barely but he was still talking to me. He hadn’t kicked me out of the house and basically cut me out of his life like he had done to Drake. Drake had more to regret than I did.

I pressed the t-shirt against his bleeding knuckles, trying to wipe up some of the blood and keeping pressure on it for a few minutes. We remained silent as I did this; I think Drake was a little weary to speak to be honest incase it set me off again.

After I don’t know how long, I looked at his knuckles and realised they were still bleeding pretty badly, plus there were probably shards of the mirror stuck in the cuts.

“This isn’t stopping, you’re going to have to go to the hospital because there’s nothing I can do here.” I tell him.

His face immediately changed and I see him close up.

“No I’ll manage. Give me some tweezers or something I’ll pick the bits of mirror out.” He says without a hesitation, taking his hand out of mine and the t-shirt as he starts to clean the blood up himself.

“Drake you need to go to the hospital that could get infected.” I try and tell him, getting a strong sense of dejavu as I remember when he cut his arm back at the cabin.

He shakes his head “I’m not going to the hospital.”

I actually find myself growling in frustration “Why? You need to get that looked at.”

He clenches his jaw and doesn’t look at me “I’m not going.”

I let out a strangled scream of frustration as I run a hand through my hair.

“Here we go again with the fucking secrets. We all know you like to keep up this man of mystery act Drake but it’s getting fucking old now!” I find myself yelling at him, all the anger I had bottle from earlier coming out so fast I couldn’t stop it. All the frustration I had towards this boy was pouring out “I’ve had enough of all your little secrets, why you went to prison, why you refuse to step foot in a hospital, it’s getting really frustrating. You want to know why people are scared of you Drake?” I ask him, my voice almost a snarl.

He looks at me, his eyes like stone as he doesn’t reply. That doesn’t stop me from telling him the answer.

“Because people don’t know anything about you. All they see is you flipping out, turning into a psychopath and trying to smash up everything and everyone in your sight and people are scared because they don’t know what makes you act like that!” I yell at him “You know at my school people actually started a pool as to why you got put inside? Some people think you’re a murderer, others think you're a rapist and one kid actually thinks you're Jack the Ripper. That is what your man of mystery act is causing people to think. People make assumptions about you because you are a closed book, and you can’t get angry about that because you're the only person who can change it!”

I’m actually breathing so hard from how angry I was as I finish up my little monologue, not caring anymore about respecting his privacy and all that other crap. Everything I said was true and it was about time people stopped walking on egg shells around him and told him.

The room was silent as my words lingered around the air. He was staring hard at me, his teeth gritted and his eyes barely blinking as I could tell he was pissed, but the fact he hadn’t replied yet told me my words hit home.

He suddenly took a small step towards me, cocking his head slightly. His face was completely cold now, like a different person as he looked at me.

“You want me to be honest?” he asked, his voice like ice.

“Yes that’s all I've ever wanted from you.”

He nods his head slowly “Okay, you want me to share, I’ll share.”

Even though I wanted this response, I was still stunned to actually get it “So you're going to tell me why you won’t go to the hospital?”

“No.” he shakes his head “I’m going to tell you everything.”

My mouth actually fell open as I got a lot more than the response I was after.

He walks up to me until his face is inches from mine, and he lowers his face closer “But once I do, you’ll regret getting me to ‘share’, believe me.” he air quotes, his voice coming out so cold I almost had shivers “There is a fucking reason why I kept this shit to myself, and soon you’ll realise why.”

I didn’t know what to say or how to respond because I suddenly felt nervous. I was finally going to find out all of Drake’s little secrets, all the things he’s been hiding since he got sent to prison for god knows what reason. I suddenly started wondering if I had bit off a little more than I could chew.

He grabbed my jacket off the bed and tossed it at me, once I had caught it he began to walk towards the door, gesturing his head for me to follow. He was putting his leather jacket back on as he walked out of the room, and like a good little girl i followed.

We went downstairs; Drake was suddenly on a mission because he headed straight to the bowl by the door and got out a set of keys. He opened the front door and began to put on his shoes. I suddenly remembered he was still in the same clothes as last night, but I could tell from the mood he was in now that was the last thing on his mind.

“Where are you going?” His mother’s voice suddenly snaps me out of my thoughts as she looked between me and Drake, looking nervous as she spoke to her own son.

“I’m borrowing the car.” Was all he said to her, not even looking her in the face as he headed out the door. I stayed where I was, mostly because I had no idea what was going on.

He turned to me, his face still stone cold “C’mon then.”

I look at his mother, who looks at me with worried eyes. I say goodbye to her, ignoring the anxious expression she was giving me as I followed her son out the door.

Once we were both in the car I look at him puzzled “Drake where are we going?”

He starts the car and immediately reverses out of the drive. As I said, he was a man on a mission.

“We’re going to the hospital Mia.” He informs me, and I widen my eyes as he is finally giving in. He glances at my stunned expression “I said I was going to tell you everything, and I will. Don’t fucking say I didn’t warn you though.”

--

I was in a hospital, and I had no idea why.

I thought Drake was coming here and getting his hand looked at then he was going to tell me everything, but instead of that he still had the t-shirt he ripped up just before we got out of the car wrapped around his hand and he looked like he had no intention of stopping a doctor for a check-up.

He seemed to know where he was going; he had a destination in mind. Not once did he hesitate about what turn he had to take or what corridor he had to go down. He knew exactly where he was headed.

I was just following him, the urge to puke getting stronger and stronger as I was getting more nervous about the can of worms I had opened.

After about 10 minutes of walking around the hospital, we had come to a stop. I looked around in confusion, realising it wasn’t actually a proper ward. It wasn’t the usual bit of the hospital with just a room and a sick person in the bed. We were in what I was assuming was like a care unit.

A disability care unit.

We were stood in the middle of the corridor, and either side of me were clear windows showing me into what looked like big halls. Inside one of the windows was a big group of kids, and I could see all of them had a disability. Some were in beds, others were sat at the little tables or playing with toys and the majority of them were in a wheelchair. There were adults there which were obviously the carers and nurses.

In the other window it was pretty much the same scene, only it wasn’t children it was adults. Except this room looked worse. There were no toys and there was none of that child innocence vibe that was in the other room. There were a few people sat with the carers on a table. Most of them weren’t even moving, they were just staring straight ahead of them. There were a couple of nurses in there doing check-ups on a couple of the patients. 

I turn back to Drake, who I hadn’t notice was staring at me as I looked around. He was studying my reaction.

“What are we doing here?” I ask in confusion.

He raises his arms either side of him and looks around “You wanted to know everything; I thought I’d show you instead of just tell you.”

“Okay, so what does the disability unit of the hospital have to do with it?” I ask, my stomach doing backflips now.

His jaw clenched as he looked at me “It’s got everything to do with it.” he responds, his voice hard “You wanted to know everything, but I want you to know Mia that once I tell you, you won’t look at me the same way. You said you weren’t scared of me before, but after I tell you that’s going to change.”

I shake my head “No it won’t Drake.”

He stares back at me, and I could tell from his eyes it actually hurt him even being here.

“You don’t know what I'm capable of.”

I stare back at him dumbfounded by what he is saying, and the urge to puke is so strong now I actually find myself swallowing to keep it down. He walks up to me and grabs my arm, pulling me towards one of the windows.

It was the widow with the adults. I look up at Drake for answers, waiting for him to explain.

“You see the guy in the corner?” he asks, his eyes staring through the window and his face looking pained as he looked at the guy he was referring to.

I turn my eyes to find him, and I spot him almost straight away.

He was in a wheelchair in the far corner of the room, a nurse was kneeling by him taking his blood pressure and I could see her through the window softly trying to speak to him.

This guy was pretty bad. I mean everyone in the room had problems there was no doubt but this guy was probably the worst one I could see.

He wasn’t missing any limbs or anything like a few of the others, but he was...gone.

His eyes were staring straight ahead of him unblinking, the arm that the nurse didn’t have hold of was resting on his lap and his head was cocked so far it was basically leaning on his shoulder. His mouth was hanging wide open and I could see saliva actually dripping out of his mouth, and I knew there was nothing he could do about it. He was a vegetable.

The nurse took the blood pressure thing off his arm and began to put it back in a little bag, and I could see her smiling at him and trying to talk, even though I don’t even think he knew she was there. She took his arm and had to place it on his lap because he couldn’t move it himself.

From what I could see, the guy had no control over his body. I don’t think he had control over anything. He was still alive sure but barely. He couldn’t move, he couldn’t speak. He didn’t even look that old, probably late forties or something. I felt my heart go out to him knowing he still had a lot of his life to come, and he was stuck like that in a wheelchair. He couldn’t do anything for himself. When the nurse got up I saw her take a tissue and wipe the saliva away from the corner of his mouth.

The guy was basically trapped in his own paralyzed body.

“That guy in the wheelchair with the nurse?” I confirm, even though I was pretty sure he was talking about him “Jesus, what the hell happened to that guy?”

There was silence next to me as I kept my curious eyes on the guy in the wheelchair.

“I did.” Those two little words made my blood run cold and my whole body froze. I turned my eyes to Drake who was stood next to me, staring down at me. His expression was no longer cold, it was no longer angry. It was ashamed. “I put him in that wheelchair.”

..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 814 32
COMPLETE✔️ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...
3K 130 37
Jennifer Hudson thought that her life was normal just like the others but she was wrong. There are hidden and deadly secrets that only a significant...
333 55 37
A 15 year old boy Blake Hastings, struggles to get through his school years in peace, he finds himself dealing with the bullies and being the laughin...
85 4 4
Aurella Floris is a total wildcard. She has spent the entire (almost) 22 years of her life being one. As the youngest of The Floris Family, one of t...