The Prince and His Slave

By luckycharms

Arius is the Prince of Egypt, the future Pharaoh. Everyone knows how great of a young man he is and he is res... More

Arius - [My Father, the Pharaoh of Egypt]
Chione - [I'm a Slave]
Arius - [The Green Eyed Girl]
Chione - [Clumsy Me]
Arius - [Ignorant Fool]
Chione - [The Throne Room]
Arius - [Names]
[Pharaoh In Training]
[The Banquet]
Chione - [The Doctor]
Arius - [Rudeness]
Chione - [The Garden]
Arius - [Reflection]
Chione - [The Ring]
Arius - [Respect]
[Happiness]
[Dancing]
[Realization]
Arius - [Brothers]
[Perfect]
Arius - [The Return of the Pharaoh]
Chione - [The Prince's Chamber]
Arius - [The Son of The Pharoah]
Chione - [My Mothers Name]
[Sleep]
Arius - [Die]
Chione - [The Queen of Egypt]
Arius- [Birthday Present]
[Imaginary Knife]
Arius - [Emerald Eyes]
Chione - [The Beautiful Beggar Boy]
Arius - [The Truth]
Chione - [Sword Fight]
Arius - [Another Birthday Gift]
Chione - [Frustration]
Arius - [Reputation]
[The Expected, but Unexpected Guest]
[Rumors]
Tabia - [Oh My Dear Ra.]
[Hidden]
[Unrequited Love]
Arius - [Family Reunion]
Arius - [The Good People Always Die]
[Execution]
Arius - [Punishments]
[No Time for Jokes]
Arius - [Faceless Figure]
Arius - [Emptiness]
Arius - [It's Back]
Arius - [Unexpected Guest]
[All of Egypt is watching]
Arius - [A Birth and a Death]
Tabia - [It's Perfect]
The Prince and His Slave - REWRITTEN

Chione - [Crying Make Everything Better]

29.7K 577 45
By luckycharms

Mt whole body hurt the next morning. It was because I ended up falling asleep on the floor. After I struggled to lift myself up, I yawned as I stretched.

       My head felt like it was going to explode, and for some reason, I felt out of breath. I put both my hands on my head and sat on my bed. I closed my eyes tightly and no matter how hard I tried to keep him from my head, he wouldn’t leave. I only saw Arius, I didn’t want to hate him, and I wanted to be with him.

       I got up and pulled a comb out from under my bed, I pulled it through my terribly tangled hair causing my head to hurt a hundred times more. I put on a loose dress that went down to my knees and I picked up my sandals. I walked out bare foot towards the line of wells where many of the other slaves were washing up. I went to the well that had hardly any people there and threw the bucket into it; I pulled it back up slowly.

       I washed my face and my arms and legs, the cold water felt nice on my extremely warm skin. As I washed my feet I noticed the anklet, I closed my eyes and remembered Subira telling me why Arius bought it, “he smiled and said ‘Mommy always told me to buy something for the girl I love.’”

       I shook my head and slipped my sandals on. I walked past the many slaves who were busy washing themselves up. “Good morning, Chione!” They would say as I walked by, “Good morning!” I would reply, pretending I was one of the happiest girls in the world, even though I felt like I was dying inside.

       I sat on the steps that led to the south-eastern entrance, leaning against a column, alone. I fiddled with my hair as I sat there, deep in thought. What was I thinking? How could I have ever fallen in love with him, he’s the Prince! The next Pharaoh of Egypt. It would never have worked out; I could never have been able to be with him, even if the gods willed it. I looked up at the bright blue sky. It was a beautiful day and everyone seemed to be happy, except for me.

       “Good morning!” I jumped up as Saia wrapped her arms around me. She sat next to me and smiled.

       “Good morning.” I said, forcing a smile out.

       “So, what-cha doing?” She asked,

       “Nothing.” I said, dully.

       “You look as beautiful as ever!” she said, nudging me.

       I smiled, “Thank you. You do to.”

       She smiled back. I knew she wanted to make me feel better, she was always like that.

       “So, anything new?” She asked me.

       I smiled, “No.”

       “Well, I saw that boy again and he waved at me!”.

       I just smiled and nodded my head.

       There was a long silence.

       “Oh Alexandra! Don’t be like this! I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding! I’m sure that we just heard wrong! The Prince would never betray you! You know that! You know that he cares for you, and you know that you care for him as well!”

       She threw those words at me way too fast, I felt the tears stream down my cheek. I continued to smile though, trying to stop the tears. I didn’t want others to know that I was hurt, because it might hurt them as well. I especially didn’t want Saia to know.

       Saia gasped and threw her arms around me, “I’m sorry, Alexandra! I’m sorry! I’ll shut up!”

       “No, I’m sorry. I’m just being a big baby. There’s no reason for me to cry, I’m alright!” I said wiping my tears away and pulling myself away from Saia’s hug.

       Saia sighed, “Alexandra, its okay to cry.” She said softly, “Sometimes it makes everything better.”

       That did it. I threw my arms around her and let it all out. I felt totally stupid, but that didn’t matter right now. My best friend hugged me tightly and patted my head. “I’m here for you, Alexandra, right here.” She said.

       “Oh Saia! I had so much faith in him and I trusted him with all my heart! I actually thought it would all work out!” I sobbed.

       “Don’t lose that faith, Alexandra!” Saia said softly.

       “I thought he loved me.” I said as I took a deep breath. “I should have known! He doesn’t care at all!”

       “Alexandra! You don’t know that! But what you do know is that the Prince has a good heart, he is one of a kind.” She pulled me away and made me look straight at her.

       “What do you mean?” I asked.

       Saia groaned, “You know what I mean.” She smiled, “He’s a good person, he would never hurt you!” She wiped my tears and said, “He probably wants to talk to you right now!”

       I looked at the floor.

       “Why would he want to talk to her?”

       Saia and I looked up, we saw Princess Kiana standing with her arms crossed. “Well?” She asked. Saia and I looked at each other and shrugged.

       She smirked. “Don’t think I don’t know. You have feelings for my fiancé don’t you?”

       I shook my head and Saia nudged me.

       “Don’t lie to me. I had my suspicions, so I decided to spy on you two.”

       I glared at her and she laughed.

       “You must be crazy though, to think that a filthy slave like you could have the slightest bit of a chance with such a handsome Prince like him.”

       “Hey!” Saia yelled and I nudged her.

       “Why do you care, if you’re so sure I don’t have a chance?” I asked

       “I’ll have you know, you’re love is completely one sided! He is in love with me. If you don’t believe me, I’ll have you know I spent last night with him.” She smiled proudly. “The fact that he befriended you is something absolutely peculiar, so did you honestly believe that he would go as far as loving you?” She then glared. “Do you know how much trouble you could get into if people heard that you were in love with him? You could be killed! Hanged!”

       I shook my head, “Leave me alone.”

       “Or maybe he’s a naughty little boy, I mean, you do have a beautiful figure, I’ll have to admit.” She laughed.

       “Leave me alone.” I said again as I looked away.

       “I guess he just wanted chances to gaze at you, maybe that’s why he became your friend.”

       “Stop it.” I said, closing my eyes.

       She seemed to be having fun, “Or maybe he’s not the one to blame, maybe you’re the one who seduced him, maybe you just want your—”

       “Stop!” I screamed. I turned around and ran away. I saw the people stare at me as I ran through the palace grounds ignoring everyone that called me. I ran and ran until I made it to the main gates. I was stopped by two huge guards and questioned,

       “Please let me out!” I said wiping the tears off my face.

       “Sorry young lady, but you’re not going anywhere unless you have a good enough reason.” One of them said

       “Please, I’ll come back! I just want to leave for a bit.” I yelled.

       “That’s what they always say.” The other guard said.

       A carriage then pulled up and a woman stuck her head out, “Is there a problem?” She asked.

       “No, my Lady, this girl just wants to leave for no apparent reason.” The first guard said.

       I turned around to walk away but then, “Come with me, dear.” The woman said. I turned around quickly and walked towards her, not caring who she was or where she was going. She helped me into the carriage and the carriage started moving.

       I didn’t say a word at all, but I felt the stare of the women who called me in.

       “Young Lady,” She called.

       I turned my head. “Yes, my Lady?” I asked.

       “Excuse me for intruding, but you are the love interest of our Prince, are you not?” She asked.

       I stared at her in shock, but then turned my head and said, “No.”

       “Oh, pardon me then.” She said, “I am Lady Akila, a member of the Royal Court.”

       I turned my head back to her, “How…” I didn’t want to say anything so I shook my head and turned back around.

       “I just noticed that he was with you quite often and whenever I saw you two together I noticed an expression on his face that made him look as if he was deep in love.” She said calmly.

       I didn’t respond to her, I just stared at the passing people and homes through the window.

       When we stopped, I opened the door and thanked her. I jumped out and walked towards the market.

       “Wait dear!” I heard her call.

       I turned around and saw her standing outside of the carriage; she smiled at me and said, “Hear him out, he’s a good boy.” She waved, got back into the carriage and left.

       I stared as the carriage disappeared. If she knew about us… how come she was so… okay with it? I wondered if she knew I was a slave, but then I shook my head. I turned around and ran through the market. When I finally found a nice quiet spot, I sat down leaning against a wall. I watched as the many people walked by.

       I put my head in my knees and I hummed to myself. I closed my eyes and tried to empty my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 36 10
Kingship, the ultimate power in the ancient world. To the Egyptians, it was a power passed through the female line. Only the husband of the Solar Pri...
76.4K 1.2K 41
Selene Arsinoe is living in the most volatile time in Egyptian history. Her queen, Cleopatra, is having a love affair with the Roman dictator Julius...
633 0 51
Axar Ires Artemis D'Alarie is the one person you do not want to cross paths with. She is everything that you should be scared of. When the time to ta...
1.4M 47.9K 29
Finn has an honourable position; personal servant to the monarch of Cafi, a small country off the coast of France. He also has not-so-honourable a po...