Wiltshire. Tom Wiltshire.

بواسطة immasweettooth9

Riley has been single for over 4 years. By choice. Great family, good friends and happy with her career as a... المزيد

Chapter 1 - Cannibals
Chapter 2 - Lemon Sucker
Chapter 3 - Don't Get Your Knickers In A Twist
Chapter 4 - Hangover
Chapter 5 - Her Nipples Are Waving Hello
Chapter 6 - The Pool Of Attraction
Chapter 7 - That's The Plan
Chapter 8 - Auburn and Fiery
Chapter 9 - The Nurse In Me
Chapter 11 - Near Death Experience
Chapter 12 - Body of Surprises
Chapter 13 - Reality Bites
Chapter 14 - Lightning
Chapter 15 - You Win Some, You Lose Some
Chapter 16 - Fallen Angel
Chapter 17 - Nobody Saw It Coming
Chapter 18 - Scary Discoveries
Chapter 19 - Too Much Information
Chapter 20 - God Made Chester For a Reason
Chapter 21 - Crash and Burn
Chapter 22 - Riley Bear
Chapter 23 - In Good Spirits
Chapter 24 - Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 25 - Netflix And Chill
Chapter 26 - Pancakeland
Chapter 27 - Defying Gravity
Chapter 28 - Bewildered
Chapter 29 - Into Deep
Chapter 30 - Out In The Open
Author's Note
Chapter 31 - Karma Can Go Fuck All
Chapter 32 - The Downfall
Chapter 33 - Maternal Instinct
Chapter 34 - To Infinity and Beyond
Chapter 35 - I'm The Hero, You're The Villain
Chapter 36 - Birthday Wish
Chapter 37 - Forever and Always
Another book coming soon!

Chapter 10 - A Dance To Remember

291 16 0
بواسطة immasweettooth9

Riley's POV

Tom and I went back to where I dropped the basket. We walked a little bit further in a slow pace talking about random things.

It almost felt natural.

And it felt rather nice..

It didn't really cross my mind that we were capable of talking without killing each other. We got on like two normal civilised people.

I wasn't complaining though. He wasn't actually too bad. There was definitely more to him.

One thing I was certain of, he was good with people. He might come across a little quiet but unbeknownst to him, he had ways with people. He was very charismatic in his own mysterious way.

He was something.

I hadn't seen him smile and laugh so much until today. I also didn't expect him to open up a little bit about his life to me.

"You know when I was little, I always dreamt of being a doctor." Tom chuckled.

"Really?" I looked at him a little surprised. "That's quite a big jump, from a doctor to a rugby player." I couldn't imagine him being a doctor. He'd look hot with a stethoscope draping around his neck, but I guess it wouldn't be Tom if that was the case. "What happened?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Well..my parents are both doctors. My dad worked as a medic in the armed forces when I was a little boy, so he was never around. My mum worked in St Thomas in London and didn't cope well raising me and my older sister on her own as she was doing a lot of on calls. So they decided to send us to a boarding school when I was seven."

I couldn't imagine how it was like growing up not having my parents. I'd be lost without them. Somehow my heart swell at the thought of a seven year old Tom on his own.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, I still have a close relationship with them. I was quite matured at a young age. Plus, I had my sister too. I also had a great life in the boarding school. I don't have anything against my mum and dad. I actually learned a lot from different people, which was great."

"Good for you. I don't think some kids would be as open minded as you." It made me realise that Tom's naturally not a bad person. He was just being cautious. That he wasn't deliberately shielding himself from new acquaintances, but it was just how he was naturally.

"I guess. But me personally, when I have my own family in the future, I would like to be with them all the time and see my kids grow up." He put his hand in his pockets. "My parents are both working as GPs now. They're great grandparents to Lilo, my sister's daughter."

I looked at him. It was the first time that I ever saw him fully as a person. My heart was so full looking at him.

Somehow, I felt a pang of jealousy to whoever he was going to have a family with. They were very lucky to have someone who was family orientated as Tom and saw the importance of family time.

He caught me looking.

My cheeks turned red. "Uhm, maybe we should head back." I turned around.

I didn't know why my chest was pounding.

He nodded but looked like he had no intention of rushing to go back. His steps remained in a slow pace.

I didn't expect that he would open up to me. In fact, he wasn't I expected at all.

"What about you, Riley? How were you as a growing up?" His voice was dark and curious.

I looked back and he had a look on his eyes I couldn't probed.

I cleared my throat.

"Well, I'm an only child to start with. I was a right brat when I was little since I was the first grandchild to both my father and mother side." I laughed and carried on walking his pace. "I also had a good childhood. My parents were highschool sweethearts and got married young. They were only 18 when they had me, so now they're travelling all over the world." I laughed. "They're the coolest, most laid back parents, and they're very supportive of me."

He raised his brows and tried to suppress a smile. "I can't imagine you being a brat. I thought you're more of a quiet non outdoorsy type."

I laughed. "You'll be surprised to know that I spent a lot of my childhood with my paternal parents in Cornwall, doing a lot of water sports." I smiled at the thought of my childhood adventures. I still had broken images in my head surfing and paddle boarding.

"I didn't expect that at all, wow! That sounds like a great childhood." He had an amused smile playing on his lips. "Whilst I spent my time with my cousins at my Nan's, picking apples!"

We both laughed.

"I bet you were very competitive as a kid." He smiled as if he was imagining the child version of me.

I nodded. "Proper!" I laughed. "I missed it actually. The last time I went there was on my sixteenth birthday. I took James to try surfing."

"Oh, lucky James." He had a playful look plastered on his face. "Who's James?"

I shrugged my shoulders.. I wasn't sure how to describe James into the picture.

"He's, uhm.." I couldn't just say that he was some random boy I knew because we practically grew up together since we were ten. "Just a childhood friend."

"Mmmm, you hesitated there for a second. Sounds like more than just a friend to me." He smirked.

I chuckled. "Well, yeah you got me there. Actually, he was my childhood sweetheart. We've known each other since we were ten. Our parents were old time friends, so we also went to the same school and did a lot of things together. The rest is such a long history."

"So do you still see him whenever you see your fellas?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. Since we broke up his parents are too embarrassed to drop by anymore." I felt sad. They were like my parents too.

"That sucks. You're parents must have missed them too."

I suddenly felt guilty. He was right. My parents must have missed them too..

"Sounds like he's done some serious damage." He continued.

I looked away.

"Mmmm. You know boys being boys, who can't be satisfied with just one girl." I chuckled. "It's been a long time, I'm over it. It's just sad how you spent half your life with someone, then one day you wake up and it's all gone. We've been the best of friends before our seven years of being together. I guess, I miss the friendship more than anything else."

"I'm sorry."

I looked at him and touched his arm. "Oh don't be, Tom. It's been almost 5 years and like I said I'm over it."

He looked at me. "You've not been with anyone since?" There was a surprise in his eyes.

I turned red and let go of his arm, feeling embarrassed that he might think I was a loser. I chose not to answer it.

"Is this the rugby guy they were talking about the other night?"

Why is he so curious?

I nodded a little embarrassed that he knew that bit. I couldn't understand myself either, about how easy it was to open up about myself to him, of all people.

"Jerk." I heard him whisper.

He was gonna say something but Matilda waved at us. I noticed that a few nicely dressed people already gathered at the hall.

"You guys just came at the right time. They've finished their speech. Now, go get yourselves comfortable." She pointed at an empty table for two in the corner. "I'll get the waiter to grab your orders."

Me and Tom looked at each other.

"I've not crashed a wedding before, have you?" I whispered.

He chuckled. "Nor have I."

"I feel under dressed." I pointed what I was wearing.

"You look absolutely perfect, Riley."

He didn't allow me to respond. Instead, he put his hand on my back that sent chills down my spine. He ushered me towards the table, while I was trying not to drown by the burning sensation he made me feel inside.

We were having a bottle of wine together after we had something to eat. We laughed and chatted like two old friends, complaining how stuffed we were. We even had a photo with the groom and bride when they came to our table.

"As you know, we have had funny encounters in the past."

I let out an awkward laugh though I could feel my cheeks turned pink.

I had a feeling that he also had a bad first impression of me. I couldn't blame him.

"And I haven't formally introduced myself to you." He smiled which showed his perfect set of teeth. I tried not to stare at his beautiful eyes, perfect lips, sexy jaw and gorgeous face.

I didn't know why my heart was thumping away again.

I cleared my thoughts and smiled.

"Thomas George Wiltshire." Then handed his hand to me. "However, I'm known as Wiltshire. Tom Wiltshire." He chuckled after referring to the name he was known by all.

I thought all my vital organs were in disarray when he flashed his smile again.

That jaw, Jesus.

"But you can call me Tom."

The public and media known him as the famous Wiltshire, but it was nice to know him as just Tom.

"Pleased to meet you, Tom." I accepted his hand and my insides went berserk. "Riley Mae Jones. Please call me Riley." I withdrew my hand before he realised my palm was sweating.

Then all of a sudden the lights turned dim and a slow tune came on the background.

"Riley." He stood up and extended his hand to me. "Dance with me."

It was an order.

I looked into his beautiful green eyes.

He smiled.

Fuck my heart.

It must have been the wine or it must have been the new person that he was to me that I accepted his hand without hesitation.

He took me to the dance floor.

I could hear the song Sway by Bic Runga played on the background.

Don't stray
Don't ever go away
I should be much to smart for this
You know it gets the better
Of me sometimes

He pulled me closer to him.

My heart started going crazy again. I shivered when I felt his hands at the hallow of my back.

When you and I collide
I fall into an ocean of you
Pull me out in time
Don't let me drown
Let me down
I say its all because of you

I closed my eyes as he wrapped me around his strong arms and chiselled chest. His manly scent tickled the insides of my nostrils that sent down magnetic waves into my brain.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his chest.

I could feel the beating of his erratic heartbeat against his chest.

And here I go
Losing my control
I'm practising your name
So I can say it to your face it doesn't seem right
To look you in the eye
And let all the things you mean to me
Come tumbling out my mouth indeed its time
Tell you why
I say its infinitely true

I felt his cheek rested on my head.

I never wanted anywhere else but here.

In his arms.

His touch.

Hearing the beating of his heart.

Feeling him so alive. So real.

Somehow, we felt connected.

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you

He took a few strands of my hair and twirled it around his fingers.

I held my breath.

"What's with this guy to make him irreplaceable for five years?"

I heard him say. But I was too drunk from his Tomly scent. Too deaf hearing his heartbeat or maybe my own. Too muddled by my own emotions.

"Hmm?"

"Your ex."

I looked up.

He had this look in his eyes as if I was the only person there. My eyes stared at his lips before I could stop it.

And there's no cure
And no way to be sure
Why everything's turned inside out
Instilling so much doubt
It makes me so tired
I feel so uninspired
My head is battling with my heart
My logic has been torn apart
And now
It all turns sour
Come sweeten
Every afternoon

"I.."I swallowed and looked away. I was scared that he could see how much I wanted him to kiss me.

"I honestly haven't found the right one yet."

Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you
Say you'll stay
Don't come and go
Like you do

He cupped my face.

"He's an idiot." He stared into my eyes with sincerity. "You deserve someone so much better."

I bit the inside of my cheeks.

"Thank you.." I whispered. I thought it was nice of him to say that I deserve someone better.

He studied my face for awhile. Until his eyes dropped to my lips.

Sway my way
Yeah I need to know
All about you
Its all because of you

I was one hundred percent sure that he could also feel the wayward beating of my heart against his chest.

Until the music stopped.

It was as though we both woke up from a dream.

And just like that, the moment was gone.

"We should probably head back to the hotel." He stated.

"I think we should." I stepped back before I did something stupid.

We all know that as soon as this holiday is over, we'll be back to normal. He'll probably get back with his ex soon too.

We looked for Giovanni and Matilda.

We said our goodbye and gratitude. They didn't let us pay for the basketful of lemon. They even got us a bottle of wine for saving little Bailey.

We pulled into the parking lot and I jumped out before Tom got to my side. He offered to walk me up to my room but I refused. I also insisted for him to take the bottle of wine.

"Well, we don't want you kissing around people and taking your knickers off in public, do we? Really inappropriate, Riley." He said and tried to suppress his smile.

"Oh my God! Don't remind me!" My cheeks turned pink.

He leaned against his car with his hands in his pockets.

How come some men in skinny jeans looked ridiculous? But this guy looks awfully incredible in them.

His muscles were in the right places it was ridiculously good to look at. I would definitely add him to the Wonders of the World.

"You did really great today, do you know that?" Tom was smiling.

I wasn't sure if I should get used to relaxed, comfortable, and smiling Tom. He had been so pleasant today.

"So did you! And you made a little friend too." I returned his smile.

He chuckled. "She was really fond of you."

I laughed remembering that she had her eyes on him. "She was of you as well."

He looked like he was gonna say something but hesitated.

"Oh, let me grab the basket." I said instead.

"Of course." He opened the back and took it out.

"Thanks Tom. I really had a wonderful time."

Who would have thought? This could be the beginning of a new friendship that helps me kill this stupid, unstoppable attraction to him. I hope I'd like him the way I like Marc, Joe, Lee, Brent and Chester. I hope I could see him as one of the boys.

"Me too."

His eyes lingered on my face.

I could feel my chest pounding again.

This.

It felt so right but it also felt so wrong. I just couldn't describe the wave of emotions rising within me. It was just way too strong no matter how I tried to keep telling myself that we could be good friends. Part of me said we couldn't.

We never will be.

But another part of me wanted him around.

We both jumped when my phone rang ever so loudly.

Marc.

I looked at Tom. "Oh it's Marc. I guess, I'll see you around?"

It was really nice of him to step up and clear the things between us. It was so sweet of him to take me to the farm. His good intentions were greatly appreciated.

However, it's in my best interest to shield my heart from him.

His face turned serious but nodded. He then turned around and started walking to the other side of the car park.

"Hey Marc! What's up?" I greeted as soon as I answered the phone.

I didn't notice Tom stopped in his tracks for a few minutes. His jaw tensed then left the parking lot.

******

Who's looking forward to the next chapter eh?😂

I'm squirming!

Don't forget to vote and comment!💛

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

891K 31.1K 26
WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST EDITOR'S CHOICE -- SEPTEMBER 2021 EXCLUSIVE CHAPTERS AND WRITER'S REVEAL CONTENT AVAILABLE - NOT A PAID STORY Appearances can b...
80.4K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
1.7M 52.9K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...