Is This Happiness

By shamelesshxte

After witnessing a murder in cold blood. Carmen has no other choice but to be protected by the Genovese crime... More

Is This Happiness - The Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90

17

3.9K 84 1
By shamelesshxte

Dinner time came faster than expected, Xavier let me know I was to wear something nice, which wasn't fully in my style vocabulary.

I had my own style, I call it The Carmen. Rule number one, wear whatever the fuck you feel like wearing. Number two, well number one.

I chose a black dress. It was just above my knee, hugging my waist but flowy. I followed it up with diamond earrings my grandmother gave me on my fifteenth birthday.

My hair was left to its natural wavy state. Falling loose on my back. I was proud of my hair, I begged my mother to let me grow it out for years and she would never give in. Now it's halfway below my waist.

A knock on the door shook my heart, scaring the hell out of me. Running my hand over my hips once more, I breathe deeply before walking to the door.

"Hola." Xavier is playing irritated again.

"When does dinner start?" I question checking my nails. Harper let me borrow polish, I knew it was just an excuse to see Xavier but it was good enough for me.

A nice red. "It started." He says dryly moving down the hallway without me. He must be starving huh. "How come I'm always late."

He ignored me walking fast. I started to really wonder who these guests were. I walk in seeing a few chairs open making me feel better about being late. "You look nice honey." My fathers voice plays in my head.

"Thank you."

"Who is this?" Every eye was on the man. I didn't know his name, just that he was talking to me. I didn't know what to say.

I wasn't expecting Stefano to come to my rescue. "My guest." The man seemed pleased by his answer turning his head away from me.

"Did you have time to think of Fernandos proposal?" Stefano sits hit drink down, meeting my eyes. "I will pass."

The man cleared his throat. "That wouldn't be smart of you."

"Are you second guessing my Don Pako?" Giovanni asked rudely.

"It wouldn't be smart to answer that question." Stefano steps in. I look over to my parents to see dad very into the conversation, my mom watching me. I furrow my brows, she shakes her head.

Jax shifts next to me with a frightened look in his eyes. I reach out to grab his hand from under the table giving it a light squeeze.

Them men continued, talking of things I didn't understand. The food was brought out and I focused on the that. I focused on my brother, and his faces when he ate the food he's never tasted before.

I focused my mind on anything but him. He made it clear we were done. We didn't even have anything to start with.

After the dinner I went straight to my room being followed by Xavier. I paid him no mind wanting to do anything but see someone.

"Are you going to stay here all night?" Xavier crossed his arms. "It's my job."

"Okay."

"Are you alright?" He assumes. "Why wouldn't I be."

"I heard." I scoff putting my hand on the door knob. "Goodnight." I slam the door feeling lonely. A knock sounds, "What?" I say loudly.

No answer. I walk back to the door opening to see Jax. "Can I stay the night?" I nod, looking up to see Xavier on his phone. "Goddamn it." He shocks me by dashing down the hallway.

"What's up with him?"

"Nothing." I close the door and lock it before jumping onto the bed. "So Harpers mom gave me some paper and i've been drawing."

I lean up looking at the papers Jax lays out. Scattered on the papers are drawings of multiple things. From cars, to dragons, even a small rose.

"That's so cute!" I point to the rose reviving a cheeky smile from Jax. "I thought you would."

I look at his smile fading. "So, are you -"

The door flew open before I could finish my words. A man i've seen before comes flying in holding a gun.

Jax immediately flew towards me. I don't know if he was scared, or trying to protect me. We were both in shock. "Come on! Now let's go!"

"Wha-"

"The house is under attack." He didn't have to say that twice. I push Jax shoving him off of the bed, removing myself next. Falling in after the guard I wrap my hand around Jax, pulling him.

We get to the garage, leaving no time for me to remember the time with Stefano. I was surprised to see every car being occupied. At each car stood someone either getting in, or packing.

Being panicked I don't realize the guard disappeared. "Carmen!" Jax screams searching the ground. I figure he's looking for our parents. I take it upon myself to move further pulling him with me.

I get shoved by mostly men, as they ignore me existence. The room was closing in on me. I didn't hear him but I saw him. Walking up to me was Stefano.

He finally got to me, speaking. I couldn't understand what he was saying, my heart was jumping in my chest.

He grabbed my face looking behind me. My arm is taken by his hand. As we move through the crowd everyone makes sure to move out of his way fast.

He talks to a guard, opening the door for me. I stood in my stance frozen watching Jax hop into the car.

He looks back at me with wide eyes. I understand his state once i feel a cold metal press into the back of my head.

If I thought I was freaking before, this was actually when I hit my breaking point.

A breath fell out of my lips, so heavy my chest got tighter with a burning feeling. I start shaking, closer to a hyperventilating state.

I move my eyes eager to see Stefano and he was frozen, but he demeanor never changed. He looked calm, and composed. The man behind him had a hand on his gun, ready to use it.

"I thought you'd be prettier." An unfamiliar voice says rather close to my ear.

"Put the gun down Demarco." Stefano states calmly.

"I don't follow your orders anymore." The voice breaks the air harshly. I heard even more guns be cocked around us.

"You're surrounded."

"Do you think I give a fuck?" He laughs loudly before continuing, "Marco said you'd fall for this chica. Didn't know you liked em young."

A scream fills the air, I knew it was my mother's. I didn't have it in me to turn my head, but to watch my frozen brothers tears fall. "Marco, si?"

"Should've buried me when you could Stefano."

"That can be arranged." The man behind me must have panicked, the gun cocked shoving me further into my head. I could hear my moms whimpers from across the room paining me even more.

"Was this some death wish?" Stefano questions him with no mercy. He took his steps slowly, while the man behind me started to breath heavily.

"You were a brother to me, you are my family."

Jax moved to the back seat, I could see his face through the window. Close your eyes, I mouth to him. His head shook.

"Shut the fuck up!" Stefano was in arms length of me now. "Demarco."

"Fuck." His words are strangled, "I have to. I have to Stefano. I-"

"What." He demands. "He's taking care of my Ma, I have to." His voice is laced with pain.

"Demarco."

"Fuck!" Faster than Usain Bolt i'm grabbed by Stefano. Rounds of fire fill my ears, along with screams and my gasps. My feet move by instinct, before giving up. Stefano's hand grip me, shoving me into a car. I look back trying to find my brothers car, seeing red.

Every bone in my body stills seeing a body on the ground. It disappeared before my eyes, seeing the house come into view.

The car was moving.

Hi guys! I hope you're enjoying so far.. please let me know what you think by commenting! If you find yourself liking or even loving, make sure to drop a vote! :) I'd like to see your opinions more than anything! Who's your favorite character?

                           PLEASE VOTE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

543 11 14
When Elizabeth Angelo gets put into an arranged marriage, she finds out her entire family was involved in the mafia, but was sworn to omerta. They de...
191K 12.1K 50
"The less you know about the family business, the safer you will be." The small coastal town of adel Mare had three simple rules for the notoriously...
88.8K 1.2K 32
Aleyna Sastre Bennati, her father being one of the most hated mafia leaders worldwide, making her be obligated to attend the school for future mafias...
115K 3K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...