The Fortune Teller || RYEJI

By zeherezehera

At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. T... More

Prologue
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 3: A Success
Chapter 4: Her Name is Ryujin
Chapter 5: Chou's Cafe
Chapter 6: She Was Hurt
Chapter 7: She Avoided Me
Chapter 8: The Quest
Chapter 10: I Am Her Baby
Chapter 11: Crossword Puzzles
Chapter 12: We Ended
Chapter 13: Is It Actually Unreal?
Chapter 14: The Attack
Chapter 15: Christopher Chan
Chapter 16: Fight With The Teacher
Chapter 17: Finally
Chapter 18: She Wants to Attack
Chapter 19: I Fought with Eunwoo
Chapter 20: What Had Happened?
Chapter 21: The Revenge
Chapter 22: Double Problem
Chapter 23: Eunwoo's Mother
Chapter 24: Visiting Ryujin
Chapter 25: She is My Hero
Chapter 26: Goodbye Ryujin
Chapter 27: The Death
Chapter 28: We Broke Up
Chapter 29: Life Without Ryujin
Chapter 30: We Met After Years
Final Chapter: Blessed
Thank You Note 📝 (MUST READ!!!)

Chapter 9: Jeonju; Do I Really Cheated On Him?

1.3K 79 48
By zeherezehera

Do you still remember that in the previous chapter, Ryujin, Lia and Shuhua had joined a competition named The Quest? And how they played the teachers in their final round?

So, as you could predict, the other group who joined the final round was the one who had represented our school in the national level. And they were my classmates. Hyunjin, Jisung and Minnie.

The competition was held in Jeonju. I was really happy as I could travel back to my hometown, the place where I was born and grow at. Students from our class were allowed to join the other three to go to Jeonju. We were going to be their supporters and I could reminisce my old times there, being with my friends and.... my boyfriend. Do I still love him?

As Ryujin did not make it to be the school's representative, I called Yeonjun, my beloved boyfriend that I already knew that I was not into him anymore and instead, I was attracted to someone who has whiskers dimples on her face. She is cute and cool. Pretty and chic.

Actually, I didn't want to inform Yeonjun that I was going to Jeonju. I didn't want to meet him. But, remembering that he never failed to shower me with his love, never failed to at least give me a call or text me so that we didn't lose our contacts after I moved here, I couldn't help but to call and let him know that I was going there on the next week. Besides, I was afraid that he will be mad at me if I didn't tell him about my trip to Jeonju.

Yeonjun made it clear that he will come to the competition venue, wanting to meet me. I agreed with the meeting. I could say that Yeonjun was really happy upon knowing that I will be going back to the place where we met and started to fall in love with each other.

And now, the event was over, and our team had lost; they said that if Ryujin and the gang were there one who will represent the school, they will definitely nail it. Up to dismay, Yeonjun hadn't arrived yet. I thought maybe he had an event that he had to attend to, and thus he couldn't come to visit me. Even though I didn't entirely love him anymore, but it did something to my heart.

I tried calling him, but to no avail, he didn't pick up my calls. I called his house, but his mother was the one who received it, saying that he was at his uncle's house. Before returning to Seoul, we planned to stop by at one of Jeonju's landmark. I was already bored, but not for the others. It was their first time coming to Jeonju for some of my friends.

Before going to the landmark, we were instructed to eat first. Hyunjin invited me to eat together with him. I refused it at first, but eventually agreed for it after Minnie wanted to join us.

After eating, Minnie excused herself to go to the ladies. She then made her way to the ladies, leaving me alone with Hyunjin. That's when I was so surprised to see Yeonjun's arrival with his friend, Beomgyu.

Yeonjun walked towards our table and immediately sat opposite of me. I was sitting next to Hyunjin.

"How did you know that I am here?" I asked Yeonjun.

"Your friend told me,"He replied.

"So, what if I know about your whereabouts?" he continued.

"Nothing. I thought that you won't come." I replied.

"Will you like it if I didn't come?" I immediately understood that Yeonjun was jealous.

I inhaled deeply, not knowing what to explain to him. I chose to be quiet. It's useless to answer his question. His eyes were already lit by jealousy. He was totally angry at me. With a frivolous feeling, I tried to make the situation calm by introducing Hyunjin to him. And instead, he reacted with eyes of hatred. He looked at us with hostile faces. I felt bad for Hyunjin.

Yeonjun inquired, his face lit up with the most cynical grin I've ever seen in my life.

"Is it just the two of you?"

"Not really," I said, with my poker face on. Yeonjun's actions had started to bother me.

"Previously, I was told..." He had cut me off in the middle of my response, so I couldn't continue it.

"What are you supposed to do? Have you been instructed to form a pair?"

"Yeonjun!" I let out a small cry, irritated by his remarks.

"What?! Who is he? Your new boyfriend?" Yeonjun asked, pointing his index finger almost close to Hyunjin's face.

He looked really scared. I immediately felt sorry for him.

"Stop it, Yeonjun." I said while standing.

He mirrored my action.

"Shut up!" He yelled at me, in front of my face. I was taken aback by his sudden burst of anger. He was being jealous with the wrong person. Lol.

Then, he looked at Hyunjin who was still sitting on his bench.

Yeonjun's voice was defiant.

"Are you her boyfriend?"

"Definitely a no." Hyunjin answered in a trembling voice.

"So, what are the both of you doing?! Flirting with each other?" Yeonjun snapped at Hyunjin.

Beomgyu tried to intervene the commotion but was pushed away by the raging Yeonjun.

"We are just having our lunch together," Hyunjin looked at Yeonjun with a face asking for peace.

Suddenly, Yeonjun tried to slap Hyunjin, but he managed to dodge it. I couldn't lie that Hyunjin's action had made the rage inside Yeonjun grew bigger.

Yeonjun pushed and tried to hit Hyunjin once again. Luckily, Beomgyu managed to prevent him from hitting Hyunjin.

I shouted at Yeonjun, trying to stop his commotion. Beomgyu held Yeonjun's shoulder who kept cursing at Hyunjin. At the same time, Minnie came and immediately felt confused by what was happening.

"Go away and leave us alone!" Yeonjun snapped at Hyunjin. My guilt towards him had increased. He was just a victim of Yeonjun's jealousy.

Hyunjin immediately left with the confused Minnie.

"What are you doing with him, bitch?" He yelled at me.

I was really shocked upon hearing his words.

"Are you for real? Did you really call me a bitch?"

"Yes. Because you deserved it."

"What are you saying?"

"Are you deaf? I called you a bitch because you deserved it. What an ungrateful girl."

"You know what, Yeonjun? I am fucking tired with your attitude. Your fucking attitude when you are jealous. You just humiliated me in front of my friends. We are now at the centre of attention. Did you like these attentions? These are not a lovely attention. Those are fucking judging attentions."

"Why? Are you afraid of being judged as a dishonest bitch?"

"I am not afraid of those judging eyes. I hate it. Because I am not cheating on you."

"Have you practised to be a liar now? You need to go home and practise more. Your acting is the worst that I have ever seen."

"Yeonjun. Let's breakup." With that, I left him dumbfounded after hearing my words, leading to the bus.

"Damn you whore!" I heard Yeonjun cursed at me while I was walking away, leaving him and Beomgyu.

It was the most painful word of the many bad words that Yeonjun used to say when he was angry. And now, I wanted to be honest, that's the real Yeonjun.

Yes, he may be the sweetest person that I ever met. But he also may be a douchebag. He used to curse at me whenever he was angry at me. He once slapped me because he thought that I had an affair with one of his friends.

He always bragged about me to his friends. But that didn't make me feel special. He sometimes had sexualised me by talking about my body parts in front of his friends. He talked as if it were nothing.

I felt ashamed of it but couldn't do anything. I was afraid that he would hit me if I talked about my uneasiness whenever he talked about me in front of his friends.

I sat in my seat, accompanied by Minnie. She tried to calm me down. At that time, I was a total crying mess. I don't know what I had to do. I just stared blankly through the window.

Minnie then hugged me from my side, side-hugging me. I leaned my head on her shoulder. Minnie asked with a little whisper and stroked my back.

"What had actually happened when I was gone, Yeji?"

"Minnie..." I bawled. My eyes were overflowing with tears.

"Yes, Yeji. I am here."

"Why must he say such things to me? Am I that worthless?"

"No, Yeji. You aren't worthless. He is the one who couldn't treasure you as the way he should."

Like seriously, Yeonjun's curse was very painful. It was as if he had used the sharpest and biggest knife and stabbed on my heart. Those words had literally broke me down.

Am I that lowly in his eyes? I never thought that he would say such words to me. I never thought that he would have such audacity to slap Hyunjin.

I wiped my tears and remembered Ryujin's words that she once said to me, while we were talking on the phone, some time ago, before she avoided me.

"Don't ever tell me that someone has hurt you."

"Why?"

"Later, on the next day, that person will disappear!"

'Ryujin, someone had hurt me.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 12.3K 41
Yeji, together with her friends, went to Jeju Island to celebrate their college graduation. While having a good time and living her life to the fulle...
651K 33.7K 86
Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with Hwang Yeji, the girl who closed herself o...
83.2K 3.7K 43
"She's a player, don't get fooled." Started: 11.10.2021 Ended: 08.11.2021 ❗A book with matured contents.
189K 9.6K 46
Part 2 of Icy Like Diamonds A lot has changed since Ryujin and Yeji agreed to becoming friends. Will their relationship also suffer changes?