Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

26

10.5K 263 208
By fallingheartsxx

Amelia

It's been about three weeks since Robin passed away.

It happened fairly quickly, only about a week after my family first met him. He was relatively fine the first couple days, and we spent nearly all that time with him, but things slowly declined afterwards. It was heartbreaking and I felt like jumping out of my skin knowing there was nothing I could do. I couldn't imagine being in his or his family's shoes.

I let Harry spend most of his time with Robin and his family. I visited a few times, but I felt like an intruder towards the end. It didn't feel right for me to be there every second so I wound up spending majority of my time just comforting Harry in any way that I could, whether it be just sending him a random 'I love you' text or cuddling with him when he came home.

It's been difficult on him since Robin passed. He was in a state of shock when it initially happened and I'm still not entirely convinced that he's been processing it. He's been quiet and silently needy for physical affection, but he hasn't outwardly talked to me about anything. I don't want to pressure him to but I just wish I knew what he was thinking.

It is also especially hard on him because of everything he needs to do for his album and tour. He rearranged some of his schedule so he could spend time with his family for the funeral, but Jeff told him there were just certain events they couldn't push back. I don't understand why some of the meetings or interviews couldn't be cancelled or held virtually, but then again I have no idea how the music business works. Harry didn't say too much about it so I assume there was literally nothing we could do.

After Harry and I came home after being in London, we almost immediately flew to California. He asked me to accompany him while he takes care of some work related things and I wasn't about to say no. I would never leave him in such a vulnerable state alone. I know that he needs me right now, whether he admits it or not.

Currently the two of us lay in bed, some random movie playing on the television in front of us. Harry's arms are wound around my waist while his head rests on my breast. One of my hands moves mindlessly through his hair, gently pulling through his curls.

"Amelia?" Harry softly says. I hum in response. "Do you want to go on a date with me?"

I smile and blush at his innocent question.

"Well considering we're already dating..." I reply causing Harry to chuckle for the first time in days.

He turns over to he is laying on his side now and not on top of me.

"I mean do you want to go on a date with me tonight? We haven't gone out in a while and I'd like to maybe dress up and take you out to a restaurant or something," he says.

I bite my lip at the twinge of nervousness in his tone. He's right. We haven't been out in a little while, but I didn't really expect us to, especially with everything going on. I'm perfectly happy just staying inside and watching cheesy movies with him while we cuddle, but it warms my heart to know he wants to take me out somewhere.

"I'd love that," I tell him honestly. A look of relieve crosses his features. "I'm glad I opted to pack a couple decent looking outfits,"

Harry laughs and then puckers his lips, causing me to playfully roll my eyes. I lean over and kiss him gently, but Harry seems to have other plans. I squeal as his arms tighten around my waist and hoist me over so now I'm on top of him. He grins and kisses me again, pulling me as close as possible to his body.

"I need to get ready if we're going out," I mumble against him lips, causing him to groan.

"Mmm but we could be doing other things," he whispers, bringing his lips up to meet mine again.

I smile seeing Harry visibly in a better mood than he has been recently. I'm not sure if me agreeing to go on this date with him caused his shift in attitude, but I'm grateful he seems to be feeling better.

"This date night was your idea," I tell him, pulling apart from him.

He pouts.

"I know," he says, quietly. "Part of me just wants to take you right here right now but I think I'll let you get ready and then when we get home I'll make love to you to show you how much I truly adore you,"

My face heats up. We haven't had sex in a long time so the thought of being intimate again with him is both nerve-wracking and thrilling, and somehow even more so knowing that it is planned. I don't have time to overthink when it happens spontaneously, but now I feel the need to shower and make myself as presentable as possible.

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too, love bug," he replies.

I give him a quick peck before rolling off of him and getting off of the bed. My legs are numb from not having moved for hours, but I start to regain feeling as I putter around the room, looking for various articles of clothing and personal belongings.

I hurry to the shower, hoping Harry won't need another one since he already bathed when he woke up. I really don't want to hog the bathroom on him. I briefly contemplated asking to use a guest bathroom just in case but that all of my things are already here so it's just easier.

It doesn't take me as long as I thought to get ready. My shower is quick and I let my hair air dry, with the help of some products, while I do my makeup. Then I slip on one of the few dresses I own. It doesn't look awful, thank God. I've gained some weight since the last time I wore it but I hope Harry doesn't mind. I've been a bit self conscious about my appearance lately because of social media so I haven't been feeling as confident as I normally would.

I finally come out of the bathroom and find Harry standing in front of the closet, buttoning the buttons on his shirt. He's dressed rather simply, in a white button down and black slacks but he still manages to pull it off like he owns the look. Him in himself makes it unique.

His eyes snap over to me once I take a couple steps closer and a grin slowly spread on his face. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at the looks he's giving me. It's as if I'm the only one in the world he notices and cares about.

"You look beautiful," he tells me, causing me to blush.

I glance down, trying to push my unwanted thoughts to the back of my mind. Overall the dress fits me nicely. The light blue material hugs my waist, flaring out mid thigh. The v-neck shows a bit of cleavage but not overwhelmingly so, and the mid length sleeves flow nicely. 

"Thank you," I shyly respond. "So do you,"

Harry smiles genuinely, something I missed seeing the past few weeks.

"Are you ready to go, love? Or do you need a couple more minutes," he asks.

"I'm ready," I say.

I make sure I have my phone and clutch before Harry and I leave. He opts to take one of his nicer cars, a silver vintage Mercedes. It's quite stunning and I'm secretly pleased with his choice.

As we're driving into town, I toy with Harry's fingers that are lightly gripping my thigh. MY gaze is set out the window, looking out at the sun that is now setting. The sky is painted an array of colors, mainly pink and orange. It's quite pretty.

"Where are we going?" I ask Harry after about ten minutes of driving.

I glance over at him to see him shrug.

"Well right now we're in Beachwood Canyon. I've always liked it here. I - well the date idea was last minute, I'll admit. I didn't have time to make a reservation so I hope we can find somewhere to eat. I hope you don't mind. I've just been down lately an-"

"You don't need to explain, Harry," I cut him off. "I get it. I know you're going through a difficult time right now,"

He doesn't respond, but he twists his hand around to grab mine in his before bringing it to his lips. He places a soft kiss on the top of it, nearly melting my heart in the process. I feel like all of my emotions towards him are so cheesy but I don't mind.

We drive around for a couple more minutes before Harry settles into a parking spot outside of this fancy looking restaurant. It looks fairly crowded but hopefully they can take us in last minute.

My hand finds Harry's as soon as the both of us are out of the car, and we proceed into the dimly lit restaurant.

"Hello," Harry greets the hostess. She's a taller girl with long, black hair and bright, red lipstick on. She glances up at Harry, her eyes nearly bugging out of her head when she realizes who it is. "Do you have a table for two?"

"Oh, uh, let me check for you," she stammers. She taps away on her computer before a front takes over her face. "I'm sorry but it's about an hour and a half wait. I could try to talk to my manager though to see if we could make a table for you?"

"Oh no, it's okay. Thank you though. We'll make reservations and come back a different night," Harry politely tells her.

She nods and Harry leads me back out of the restaurant and to the car. He sighs heavily once we enter and runs a hand through his hair.

"I should have planned this better," he groans.

I place a hand on his thigh for reassurance. I can practically feel the frustration and nervousness radiating off of him.

"It'll be okay," I tell him. "We'll find a place. We just have to keep looking,"

...

Well it turns out nearly every restaurant within a five mile radius is not taking customers right now, or the wait is excessively long. We've been looking for what feels like forever and I can tell Harry is getting increasingly annoyed. He keeps sighing dramatically and fidgeting.

"Why don't we just go here?" I suggest to Harry, gesturing to the small coffee shop next to us as we walk down the sidewalk.

He looks at it before shrugging, a sad look on his face.

"It's a café," He replies. "Not a fancy restaurant like I wanted,"

I stop in my tracks, pulling Harry alongside me. His eyes barely meet my own but when they do I make sure to hold his gaze.

"I know you wanted to go somewhere fancy, but we can save that for another night. We only need the two of us to make it a special date. It doesn't matter where we go. Besides, maybe the...Beachwood Café will blow you away," I say after reading the small sign above us.

Harry gives me a half smile and nods his head.

"Okay," he replies.

The two of us enter the small shop and I'm pleasantly surprised at how cute it is. The floors are checkered blue and yellow and there are flower decorations everywhere. It's also pretty empty which I'm grateful for because Harry and I can stop looking for some place to eat. I know that he wanted to make this a special night, but I honestly don't need a fancy restaurant to make me happy. I just need him.

The two of us are greeted by a man with pink hair who leads us to a secluded booth by the far window. He places down two menus in front of us before disappearing once again.

"This wasn't how tonight was supposed to go," Harry mumbles.

"Why? It's perfect," I tell him. He looks at me with furrowed brows. "I'm in a cute little coffee shop with the love of my life. I mean how much better can it get?"

Harry blushes and glances around.

"It is cute, isn't it?" He comments before looking back at me. "Maybe we can come back in the morning sometime. I bet they serve really good breakfast,"

"I'd love that,"

While the two of us survey our menus, I can't help but steal glances at Harry. My heart flutters every time my eyes land on him and I hope this feeling never goes away.

"Thank you," Harry tells me, cutting me out of my thoughts.

I blink a couple of times, coming out of the trance I was in.

"For what?" I ask him.

"For being there for me...just in general but especially with Robin. He really liked you, you know,"

I sigh sadly and place a hand over Harry's on the table.

"I liked him too. I was lucky to get to know him while I did. I'll never forget that," I say.

"Yeah, you two had a close bond, with your secret conversations and all..." Harry says, playfully.

I roll my eyes but choose not to respond to that. Harry will find out soon enough what Robin and I were discussing. And I can almost guarantee that the wait will be worth it.

...

Hello, hello! So this is a shameless plug but for those of you that don't know, I like to paint. I've done a couple commissions and I'm open to others (custom or anything I've done before!). Recently I've been doing a lot of Harry Styles paintings so I figured I'd share lol I like adding glitter resin to them because in person they look really cool.

If anyone is interested, feel free to shoot me a dm :) I post videos on my TikTok too (which is @ zoevanv)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 556 11
Just a book of our cute Irish snowflake imagines! :)
1.9M 36.7K 172
bts wwyd and scenarios (^ω^) CRINGE WARNING
2M 104K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
175K 6.5K 42
It's been an age since i stumbled into him in that hallway. I had forgotten how small this world could be. I had picked myself up off the floor and m...