For Forever ~Lams YouTube AU~

By StariiStarlings

Is the title a DEH reference? Yes, yes it is. Alexander Hamilton is a lonely YouTuber who's best friend is hi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 23

306 28 52
By StariiStarlings

John pov~

I went to the hospital the next day, after getting minimal sleep that night.

As I headed to room 37, I started to get anxious.

What if he wasn't ok?

What if he'd died?

It would all be my fault, because I hadn't noticed earlier that he was getting seriously sick.

I calmed my nerves best I could and knocked on the door.

A nurse let me in this time, and I thanked him. I walked to the bed and sat next to Alexander, who looked up at me and smiled.

"Do you think I could record a video here?" He asked jokingly once I sat down. "Hospital Room Tour, no clickbait."

I laughed. "Maybe. I'm sure your followers miss you."

"I'm sure they do." He shot me a very pointed look. "Oh. Mr. Doctor Man says I have to stay here another night, apparently my temperature isn't going down and the only reason I feel any better is the medication."

I looked down for a second before meeting his gaze and smiling.

"But like seriously, do you think the lighting in here would work?" He asked with a more serious tone, which still made me laugh.

I handed him his phone, which I had brought with me because I knew he'd want it.

"Thanks babe." He took it and set it on the table by his bed.

He started coughing and I wrapped my arms around him. Somehow he felt warmer then before, but it was probably just me.

I checked my watch and sighed.

"I think I need to go, my siblings are coming to visit." I told Alexander.

"Can I meet them?" He asked, looking very hopeful.

"Sure, I'll pick them up from the airport and take them to my place to drop off the luggage, then we'll come here, sound good?"

"Yes!" He smiled.

"See you soon!" I got up and walked out of the room.

Alex pov~

I felt guilty about lying but sometimes it's for the best, right?

I'd told John that I was fine, just a little too hot.

That was a lie.

The doctor said my temperature was rising. He said I'll probably make it if my temperature stops going up, but there's still that possibility that I'll die because my body doesn't want to cooperate. And I would not appreciate dying right now.

But still, just in case I did end up not being alive anymore, I should leave a note apologizing, shouldn't I?

I looked around for paper then remembered John had brought my phone to me.

Now I just had to find a way that would ensure the note would only be there if I were to die.

John pov~

I sighed as Mary and James squabbled in the back seat (squabble squabble
-Chidi, the great philosopher) poor Henry sat in between them and Martha was riding shotgun.

"Are we going to your place?" Martha asked, clearly also tuning out our sibling's argument.

"Yeah, just to drop the stuff off." I answered.

"Oh? Where are headed after that?"

"The hospital."

"Why?"

"My boyfriend got really sick the other night, so he's stuck there for a little bit, but wants to meet you." I explained.

"What's he sick with?"

"Fever."

Martha raised an eyebrow. "Like... the sniffly, warm skin fever..? Or yellow fever or something?"

"God, yellow fever would suck." (Haha, I'm funny) I sighed. "Nope, normal fever. I studied a little about them, people die from fevers. They're basically fatal if the host's body temperature goes up to 111F, and even if the person survives they'll probably end up with a fried egg instead of a brain or convulsions."
(It's a learning program! Learn about death from fever and fear for your life, cause I know I sure do now)

"Ok... well what heat was your boyfriend?"

"Last I checked, 105. He said it wasn't going down and the only reason he felt better was because the doctor gave him medicine."

"Huh. I never understood why fevers were so scary."

"Yeah nor did I honestly."

The conversation was over, so I drove and listened to James and Mary squabble. At some point it got on my nerves though, so I waited for the next red light and turned around.

"Mary, James, why're you arguing?" I asked.

"He said he was gonna go sit up front and I told him he's too small but he kept saying he was gonna sit up front and—" Mary explained.

"Ok. I get it." I sighed. "Mary, you're right. James, you're too young to come up here." (I wish I could hear that from my dad)

James whined but I ignored him because the light had turned green.

"James, please, we're almost there." I sighed, looking at the backseat.

Mary looked very smug, James was whining like crazy and Henry just looked fed up with life.

I parked my car and ushered my siblings out, handing James to Martha so I could get the luggage.

I hauled the stuff to the elevator, with Henry's aid, after locking the car. I herded my siblings into the elevator then back out again, making my way to my apartment.

I unlocked the door and looked around, smiling at the sight of my house. I'd spent the last... week? Yeah, week at Alexander's and it was nice to be back.

"Ok, just put your stuff down, we're going to the hospital." I instructed, plopping the suitcases I was holding ok the carpet.

"Why?" Henry asked.

"You'll see." I explained. "Mk let's go now."

"You're impatient." Martha noted.

"No, I couldn't care less about my sick boyfriend." I said sarcastically.

Martha chuckled and walked back out, still holding James's hand. Mary followed suit with Henry trailing after her and I took a second to lock the door.

—~•~—

I knocked on the door and waited for a second before hearing a muffled version of Alexander's voice saying 'come in'. I opened the door and smiled at him.

He was seated on the bed, phone held loosely in one hand, while the other held his head up. He grinned at me then his eyes widened, which I assume meant he'd spotted my siblings.

I dragged them into the room and closed the door.

"Alexander, these are my siblings. Siblings, this is my boyfriend." I introduced, then I went more into detail, pointing at each of them in turn. "Martha, James, Mary and Henry."

Alexander beamed at Mary, who was sitting in the chair by his bed and playing with his hair.

"You have long hair." She commented.

"Yes, yes I do." Alexander replied.

"You're pale. And sweaty." Martha noted again and Alexander laughed.

"I'm sick." He explained. "Have you ever had a fever?" Mary nodded solemnly. "Imagine that, but ten times worse because now there's a chance that you end up dead."

Mary stared at him with wide eyes, looking at his pale skin like it had completely changed.

"But you're not gonna die, right?" I asked, suddenly worried.

Alexander met my eyes and shook his head, flashing a reassuring smile. I let out a sigh of relief as James went to shove Martha off the chair. Alexander noticed this and held him back.

"Let's not break any humans, ok?" He offered.

James nodded slowly and sat on the floor.

"I'm not sure if that hygienic or not." I shrugged.

Martha looked extremely suspicious of Alexander, which made me feel bad for my boyfriend, because he still blamed himself for something he didn't do.

I stepped closer to Martha.

"Try to talk to him, please?" I begged. "We've discussed this, Martha. C'mon."

She sighed but went to sit next to Alexander, striking up conversation. Martha and James were amusing themselves playing with Alexander's red hair and he didn't seem to care in the slightest, so that was good. Henry on the other hand, was looking over a few papers set to the side, which looked like doctor's forms.

I went to go sit next to my boyfriend, letting my brother read the papers if he wanted. Alexander moved away from everyone, scooting to the other side of the bed, before he started coughing loudly.

"Sorry." He mumbled before coughing some more.

I reached over and gave him a hug, pulling him back towards me. I kissed the top of his head and Martha and James made disgusted noises, whining.

—~•~—

Alexander and my siblings got along well, they'd settled into my house and the doctor said if all kept going well Alexander'd be fine by tomorrow.

All in all a not to heinous day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 370 42
Alexander Hamilton is a freshman at King's College. He meets Lafayette, Hercules Mulligan, the Schuyler Sisters, and of course John Laurens. Alexande...
105K 4.2K 31
~SUMMER CAMP AU~ (complete) John Laurens is a pretty typical teenager. Average grades, decent social life, and hella gay. His parents thought it wou...
331K 11.8K 51
[LAMS college AU] John Laurens, an ordinary South Carolinian college student, makes an online friend named AnotherScottishTragedy. He assumes that th...
1.2K 103 13
John Laurens is the ultimate celebrity. He's charming, he gives to charities, he's crazy talented, and on top of that, the whole world loves him. We...