🥀 The Life I chose 🥀

By DELIGHTTULIP

《Made by the attempts to escape the shackles of her past...a girl learns to use love as a pawn in her vindict... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Epilogue

Chapter 26

34 2 0
By DELIGHTTULIP

Scarlett

I don't know why Mason was surprised. I mean, I did tell him that I'll be leaving him broke. Did he not understand me? Silly boy. Walking out of the premises I bumped into Nicolas. "Where are you off to?" He asked. I smiled wryly. "Off to celebrate my new found freedom as a single lady." He eyed me down. "That wasn't nice." I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me?" He stepped a little closer, towering over me. "What you did...giving him a little hope that he would be released."
"He will. When I feel like it." I laughed as I got in his car. He fumed. "Get the fuck out." He seethed. I pouted and folded my arms. "No. You drove me here. Take me back." Nicolas seemed to be conflicted. Rolling my eyes, I jumped over to the driver's seat. "Oh look. Somebody forgot his car keys inside." The realization hit him hard. His body tensed.

"You wouldn't." He whispered. Smirking, I locked the doors. "Watch me."I grinned at him. "By the way, I killed the Perez's and I am responsible for every other mystery murder known." His jaw dropped. Closing the windows; I took off. This is called stealing but it's not; he refused to take me back. So, I helped myself. I had to make this as quick as I could. It was already sunset. I arrived at La Anjelou and didn't waste anymore precious time. Barging in Joe's office, I caught him making out with Sasha. "How can you be smooching at a time like this?" They both pulled back from each other. Sasha was embarrassed, she left the office in a hurry. "Was that really necessary?" "I don't give two shits Joe." He cocked an eyebrow at me. "What's going on, Mistress?" I sighed heavily. "Operation destroy Lenin is in motion." I paced about the office. "I don't have much time. You know what must be done, right?" He nodded. "Excellent. We have to go back to my place. Now!"

Without wasting anymore time, Joe placed Sasha on duty before we left. Putting my bike at the back of Nicolas' car; we got in. "Who's car is this?" He asked as he got in the passenger seat. "You'll find out soon enough." Was all I said before speeding away. The moment we reached my house, the residents all came rushing out, they were startled by the speeding car. They gave me funny looks when I got inside the house. "No time to lose. Hurry up Joe!" I yelled as I rushed to my office. Getting there; the first thing I did was to lock the door as soon as Joe got in. We gave each other knowing looks. Going under the mahogany table, I found my secret compartment where I hid in a few things. I took out a new outfit from it and quickly changed. I got dressed in a short flurry dress. It had pockets in the inside that even a hand gun and other small weaponry could be hidden and not be detected by any means necessary. Next, was the map that I stole from Nicolas on one of our dates. I also hid it beneath the dress. Taking one last look at myself, Joe nodded. We shook hands and hugged. "It's time." He whispered, pulling back. Nodding, I inhaled sharply. This is it. My moment of truth.

Within seconds, the door was broken down by the DEA. The agents came flooding in like a swarm of bees...

Joe's POV

I watched as they dragged her away. She didn't protest. She gave me a sincere smile as they dragged her off. I've known her since she got mixed up in this life-willingly at that; I've kept her deepest secrets like a guardian. She has been on a rollercoaster of emotions. Done horrible things to be where she is now. I admired her. I followed the troops to the lounge where her family and friends stood bewildered. Her parents were sobbing, her friends awestruck and I, proud. She has come a long way. "Sorry, for the inconvenience. My name is Nicolas Ray Fernandez. An Agent of the DEA..." Oh, now I see. Her mom sobbed harder. "Please, sir, let my daughter go." She begged. The agent's face fell, although he quickly recovered, I saw what layed beneath it. Scarlett was brought forth to us. Her hands and ankles were chained. "Your daughter is being charged with multiple murder charges, drug and human trafficking and many more crimes..." "Why? Why?" Her mother questioned, kneeling infront of her daughter. "Why did you have to go this far?" Scarlett attempted to join her mother on the floor but the agents restrained her until Nicolas gave the heads up.

"It's okay, mother. This is the path I chose. No one forced me. I knew from the start that it'll lead me to a prison cell one day. I love you all very much. Take care." She stood up and was lead into the back of a van. I took one last look at agent Fernandez. Walking over to him, I placed a hand on his shoulder. I could see the way he looked at her when his comrades were taking her away. "You do know that she used you right?" His shoulders slumped. "I guess that's what shatters me the most. I wanted to help her..." I chuckled, "Her heart had no more room left for the love of a man. Not even her childhood sweetheart could reach her..." Nicolas glared at me. "No. You're wrong. She just needs someone who can love her..." I scanned his eyes and voice...it got me thinking. "Then save her..." was all I could master before walking away from him. It's all up to what he does now. He can choose to save her from herself or let her drown in her vindictiveness.

The agents left and a void was created. I went to her family. When her mother noticed my presence, she blew a fuse. "Were you not supposed to protect her!?" I folded my arms and watched her break down. For about five minutes I endured her insults. "Would you shut up now?" I asked and her angry facade broke. Tears welled up in her eyes. She began crying all over again. I asked all of them to go back inside and take a seat. They did as such. I scrutinized all of them. From Quew, Nick, the Goodwins and her parents. "I have a message for all of you left by Scarlett. I took out a note and began reading aloud. "Mom and dad, Penny and parents, Quew and Nick. Hello. If Joe's reading this to you, well it's clear I'm behind bars. Move on with your lives. Be as if I never even existed. You have a baby on the way. Raise her well. To the rest, life goes on. Bye!" After I was done reading, they looked at me like I was the one who ended the Jurassic period. As if I am the one who made dinosaurs be extinct. "That's it?" Questioned Quew. I nodded. "That's some shitty good bye." Mummered Nick. They all agreed. If only they knew... I said my goodbyes and left the compound.

Scarlett

I got settled in the maximum security prison. I memorized all the important spots from the map. Before they led me to my cell, I was taken in for questioning by Nicolas. "Why Scarlett? I thought you were learning to love me...instead you were only using me!" He shouted. Thank God this room is sound proof. My only response was glaring daggers at him. "Talk! Why are you like this?You own a fucking brothel and traffic young girls! Why?" I cocked an eyebrow, "First of all, it's a club and it is registered. Secondly, Don't you yell at me. Take me to my cell." He looked at me flabbergasted. He shook off his daze. "This is a prison. Not a pageant house, princess." I smirked. "Yet, here you are calling me a princess. I'm a fucking QUEEN." I was sure enough I was driving him closer to the edge. I leaned in to his direction across the table, "I'm the same queen that had your girlfriend at my mercy." He growled. Fury seething through his teeth. He roughly took me out of the room and led me to my cell. He unchained me before locking me in my cell. "Welcome home." He whispered. I grinned. Oh this place has another thing coming...

I've been in here for 2 fucking days and I haven't found Lenin. I've been detained 3 times already for starting a riot. I'm starting to get a little killy. I was hooked up on the map on my bunk; that I didn't even notice Nicolas walk in. I didn't even try hiding it. "Outside possessions aren't allowed. And, you should be in your uniform by now." He stated. I eyed him and went back to my map. He got infuriated and yanked me off the bed. "What is your problem?" I asked hysterically. "You have a conjugal visit." I was slightly confused. "Follow me." I packed up my map and followed him. He led me to a secluded room. Guards were outside the door. One of them was inquisitive about my clothes, Nicolas saved my ass. Which confused me big time. When we got in the room, I was awestruck. It was the perfect getaway room from a shitty cell. It had a comfy queen sized bed. Decorated for a specialized occasion. I could not believe it. Momentarily, Joe stepped in through another door.

Happy to see him, I greeted him with a warm hug and he did the same. "What are you doing here Joe?" I asked pulling away. "I called him in." Replied Nicolas. Squinting my eyes, I folded my arms. He casted his eyes to the floor. "I want to help you. To save you..." he whispered. My heart skipped a few beats. My breathing got frantic. "Nico..." I voiced, my voice sounded so calm and serene. It scared me. He raised his hands up. "Don't try to convince me otherwise. Let me help you." I nodded and filled him in. He gave me Intel on where Lenin was held. My plan was finally in motion. I shook Joe's hand. "It was a pleasure working along side you Mistress." I bowed. "The pleasure was all mine. Thank you."

From then, I kissed Nicolas on the lips for the very first time. It took him by surprise but it didn't take him long to catch up. "Thank you..." I whispered, before I could charge down towards Lenin's cell; Nicolas grabbed my arm and yanked me back. He pulled me into his arms. Towering over me, I saw his eyes glistening. "The plan is not to die, okay?" I gave him a half smile. His pupils flared. As sly as I could; I pulled away from him and headed to the door. I ran as fast as I could. I pondered whilst running, if I die; I DIE. I've been dead for 7years, this won't make a difference. I had to pass 3 hallways until I reached my destination. It was like I could even smell him. Well, I could. I could never forget the scent of the man who ruined me. I unlocked his cell, grinning. He was asleep. Oh, I stole Nicolas' keys when we kissed. I'm terrible, I know. My grin widened when he stirred from his sleep. "We finally meet again Lenin..." his eyes went wide. He had a roomie perfect. I signaled him to get closer. He obliged. "At your service Mistress." "Tie him up." He did as such. Lenin protested and shouted. "No. Don't do that. For me not to kill you soon, keep quiet. I want to savour this moment." I pulled out a carving knife from my dress. For about 30minutes. I did to him what he did to me. Gave him permanent scars. After I was fed up. His cellmate had his way with him. "Do you now feel the pain you caused upon a 15 year old Lenin? Do you!?" I shouted.

The party we had caused a bit of a commotion. The guards came flooding in. They tried to unlock the door, but I broke a piece of the key and left it in. No way out. No way in. "Stop or we'll shoot!" One of them yelled. I smiled and got up from the floor. "Who are you to make me?" I questioned. I pulled out a gun from the dress. "You shoot me. You get in trouble. Now back up." They did as such. One of them rushed to get a blow torch. Their presence only made me feel powerful. "Listen up all of you. I have been searching all my life for this man. The man who tortured and raped me. He deserves to die! To pay for all his crimes. I am not the enemy. He is. Sure I killed a few people, but I had my reasons!" All my bottled up emotions rose to the surface. The guards were starting to get the door loose with the blow torch. "I'd rather die with him. I'm going to send you straight to hell Lenin." "NO!" He screamed. I closed my eyes and zoned out all the noise. Pulling the trigger all over the place. The bullets may have hit multiple people. I did not want to watch any of them die. The screaming was enough. All of a sudden, my head hit against something hard and metallic, thereafter I could no longer open my eyes.

My childhood flashed before my eyes. The life I had with uncle Jake and Renesmee, Alex, Quew and Kia. Penny and her parents, Geraldo and the day I met my mom for the first time. To those very last moments...

The words never left me. They always haunted me. "I always knew I'd take a bullet or three for you." He said as his heart beat waned. I crouched beside him, clutching at his shirt forming cute fists. Tears streamed down my radiant face as I began to sob and his lids grew heavier from the weight.
"And I've always known you wouldn't take a single one for me." He whispered as he shut his eyes.

Kia's voice jerked me up from the deep slumber. I was in a room. Sweating. The room was one of those ones found in a mental hospital. I stared down at myself. Feeling nothing but emptiness. That moment, Nicolas walked in. He embraced me. It took my breath away and tears rolled down my cheeks. I could not hug him back. I was severely restrained. "Let me help you..." was all he said...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 17.2K 29
THIS IS A SEQUEL TO BAMBI🤎 READ BEFORE READING THIS BOOK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "We made for each other Z.... No matter what we...
291K 5.6K 13
Hurt.betrayal.pain.They said these things make you change completely and drastically...well why? It means you succumb to this cruel world easily as y...
1.2M 37K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...
888K 36.6K 61
*WATTPAD FEATURED* *UNEDITED* "You can't erase the pain, nor can I. You can't erase the reasons behind my fake smiles, you can't change the past, nor...