OPTIMIST, minho, the...

By -carqmels

❛ π’˜π’†π’π’„π’π’Žπ’† back π’šπ’π’– ugly π’”π’‰π’‚π’π’Œ ❜ THE MA... More

π’π’‘π’•π’Šπ’Žπ’Šπ’”π’•
π’‘π’π’‚π’šπ’π’Šπ’”π’•
act one, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’ˆπ’π’‚π’…π’†
prologue
humour me
oh klunk
why would you?
talk to me
that's not possible
false hope
what happened?
newest addition
i'm living
bloody murder
how fast can you run
jail time
insensitive bastards
endless trauma
shucking creators
it gets better
a skull for a weapon
good job slintheads
griever zone
you're a genius
flying rocks
wicked's brightest
night raid
assholes and human sacrifices
watch it burn
act two, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒄𝒉
a home of sorts
the only maze
the harvest
fire in my bones
i am become death
on a scale of one to ten
echoes

just in time

5.7K 265 63
By -carqmels

*ೃ༄ '  𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭: act one, the glade  ' *ೃ༄
chapter seven ✧₊∘ ✧₊∘  just in time
(  starring; arden cho, ki hong lee, max barczak, max irons, aml ameen, thomas brodie-sangster, patricia clarkson, kaya scodelario )
-ˋ₊˚.◽️ © -carqmels_2020

'...that's it i'm
going in...'

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧,            𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

THE GRIEVER WAS not far behind her. The small rocks and leaves that rested on the ground shook with each step that it made as if there was an earthquake. Thalia's heart was hammering in her chest. The doors were due to close in an hour and she had to get rid of it as soon as possible. She made sure that she wasn't too far from the Glade so that she wouldn't have to cover a long distance. Thalia was reckless but she sure wasn't dumb.

A light bulb went off in her head and she picked up her pace, avoiding the agonizing pain that was erupting from her shoulder. Once the griever was far away she immediately turned into an empty corridor and leaned against the wall, cupping her hand over her mouth. There was no time to catch her breath. Thalia immediately grasped the largest pebble that she could find. Keeping a firm grip on it, she chucked it as far as she could in the opposite direction. It made a loud clank-like sound and she hoped that the griever would follow it.

The ground shook as the griever clicked closer. Thalia finally began to notice the clicks and whirs that came every time it moved forward. She assumed that it was some sort of mechanical body covered in fur. Whichever creator made them must have been really smart.

As predicted, the grievers' huge goo-covered head turned in the direction that the pebble went and it let out yet another ear-piercing scream that made her flinch and let out a shaky breath. Once she was sure that the griever was gone she gently pressed her arm and hissed in pain.

She checked the time on her watch and sighed in relief.

5:57

There was enough time for her to get back to the Glade. Thalia picked herself up and sucked in a breath.

3...2...1, she counted.

She sprinted back to the Glade, knowing that she had to get back quickly before the griever realised.

MINHO STOOD WITH his arms crossed in front of the doors. He had been standing there for at least forty minutes and didn't plan on moving anytime soon. Noah and Newt stood beside him waiting for a figure to come running down the corridor. A silence had fallen upon the entire Glade.

"That's it. I'm going in." Minho took a step forward but was quickly pulled back by a hand.

He turned to look at Noah. "You can't go in. She'll be back. Just trust me, okay, I know her."

Minho scoffed. "She's an asthmatic with a deep hole in her shoulder that is probably infected by now. And did I forget to mention the fact that she's being chased by a damn griever."

"Calm down Minho. She's my friend too and If I could, I would drop my crutches right now and go in but I can't and neither can you," Newt reasoned.

Minho squinted his eyes at him before averting his gaze back to the doors.

"Ten minutes," Nick called out. He rubbed his hand over his face then exhaled deeply.

A few minutes passed and nobody uttered a single word. Their hearts were beating at a rapid pace and Minho couldn't stop fidgeting with his fingers.

"She's coming!" Noah yelled all of a sudden.

Everyone's heads jerked up and they stared at the figure that was coming closer and closer.

The sound of encouragement yells met Thalia's ears. She could see a few people outside the doors and it gave her a boost of energy.

Just a minute more, she motivated herself.

And in a few seconds, she stumbled through the doors falling on the grass. It tickled her hands but she didn't care. Her chest heaved up and down as her cheeks puffed in and out. Her face was beet red and her shoulder wound had dried blood around it. It was not a pretty sight.

Noah and Minho rushed over to her.  Noah was the first to wrap his arms around her, avoiding the wound. Thalia couldn't hug him back. There was no air reaching her windpipe and she didn't have the strength to do anything. She felt all the air leaving her lungs.

"Noah...I can't breathe," she choked out.

Noah pulled away as Minho furrowed his eyebrows in concern.

"Thalia. Thalia!" he repeated.

Nick rushed to her side and placed his hand on her shoulder. Thalia couldn't feel anything. It was as if her entire body was numb and soon it went limp making her fall to the ground. The last thing she heard was Newt calling for Clint and Jeff.

The two Med-jacks ran to her side. Clint placed two fingers on her neck, checking for a pulse. He nodded his head before grabbing the first aid box.

"What the hell happened?" Nick asked frantically.

Jeff ran back to the hut to get a stretcher as they all watched them. Clint's eyes waved past the girl's body and his eyes widened.

"Wait, she's not breathing." He put his two fingers to her neck once again then shook his head before doing the same thing near her wrists. Nobody wanted to say anything right now. They couldn't find it in themselves to talk. There was no way that Thalia could be dead. Not now.

Minho gave Noah and Newt a knowing look. He quickly put his hand in her pocket and took out the inhaler. The two Med-jacks started at him with confusion written all over their faces. Though they were interested in what he was doing and watched.

Minho didn't bother to pay any attention to the absence of the cap and without hesitating, he shook it then put it against her mouth.

"What are you doing?" Alby asked. He crouched down beside them as he watched Minho.

Minho ignored his question and pressed the pump once then twice. She didn't even twitch. They all stared at Thalia, hoping that she would at least move a muscle. Soon, Noah noticed her chest beginning to rise and fall once again and it sent a wave of relief through all of them. Thalia suddenly gasped for air but it wasn't long before she slipped back into unconsciousness.

"Med-jacks, take her into the hut," Nick ordered. He pointed his finger at Noah, Minho then Newt. "You three. Homestead. Now."

Alby got up before shaking his head. "You guys are in some deep klunk," he said before jogging up to Nick.

In the Med-jack hut, Clint and Jeff carried Thalia in on a stretcher making everyone's heads snap in his direction.

He gently placed her on the cot as Jeff went to fetch the first aid kit. Clint used a wet cloth to clean her wound.

THALIA SAT ON her white sheet bed, a piece of paper folded to make a swan.

"And I'm done," a girl's voice announced.

Thalia turned around to see that she had a huge grin plastered on her face. Her electric blue eyes shined under the light as she clapped with joy. Her fingers gripped a small mirror that rested on the wooden desk beside her. She passed it to Thalia who dropped the paper swan and gasped as she ran her fingers through the dark braids that were once straight strands of hair.

"Teresa!" She exclaimed in awe. "Where'd you learn how to make braids?"

Teresa shrugged. "I guess I'm just a quick learner." Her once happy expression turned into a solemn look as she sighed, begging to trace patterns over to grey duvet.

"You'll get to see your sister again," Thalia told her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Just like I'll see me dad."

Teresa nodded her head. "I wish they'd let us visit them."

"Me too."

A knock met their ears and they looked up to see a woman with curly blonde hair and a white lab coat standing by the doorframe.

"Hello Teresa, Thalia," she greeted them, nodding in each of their directions. "Teresa, do you mind if I borrow Thalia?"

Teresa nodded her head, putting on a smile. "Not at all Miss Paige."

Thalia hopped of the bed before slipping on her sandals. Miss Paige wrapped an arm around the young girl's shoulders as she walked her out. Thalia glanced back to save at Teresa who waved back.

"It's only for an hour."

*ೃ༄ author's note
luvs, what theories have you guys got? why do you think thalia's getting flashbacks all of a sudden? so um, the secret is out and it looks like noah, newt and minho are in deep klunk, like alberto said hehe. omg and thank you for the reads and votes, i love you all so much besties>3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765K 21.3K 42
❛ you said you'd always be my white blood ❜ t. maze runner/ newt book 1
117K 2.5K 30
she began her new life completely alone, surrounded by endless stone walls, pounding voices in her head, and a resounding feeling of hollowness insid...
4.2M 131K 52
❝If you ain't scared, you ain't human.❞ dylan [dill - an] n. the girl who realizes she doesn't belong newt [nyü-t] n. the boy who tries to convince h...
28.8K 1.3K 17
When you come back, you will not be you. And I will not be me. (Completed, Editing) Book One - ??? The Maze Runner / Thomas Β©BOYSROT, 2023