My Corona Roommate

By 18Marg

Most scenarios end up as either a blessing or a well-seasoned misfortune. Emily Hugh happened to be in a t... More

✨Author's note
✨Chapter one-Family ties
✨Chapter two-Watering lies
✨Chapter three-Broken
✨Chapter four-The Bomb
✨Chapter five -Alliance
✨Chapter Six-Cupcake or NOT
✨Chapter Eight-The Chauffeur Blunder
✨Chapter Nine-If Only
✨Chapter Ten-New to me
✨Chapter Eleven-Trivial Issues or Not
✨Chapter Twelve-Going behind her
✨Chapter Thirteen-My Mysterious Blabber
✨Chapter Fourteen-Diamond Necklace
✨Chapter Fifteen-A Promise
✨Chapter Sixteen-His Younger Sister
✨Chapter Seventeen-Letting me go
✨Chapter Eighteen-A Series of unfortunate events
✨Chapter Nineteen-Much Easier
✨Chapter Twenty-A Messy Situation
✨Chapter Twenty one- The Unknown Number

✨Chapter Seven-Clear Lake

160 62 238
By 18Marg

   James POV

The atmosphere was peculiar but then it hit me. That familiar scent of roses, it was Iris, the only girl who did not notice me. My crush.

"Where exactly was I." I sat up from the comfy chair.

"Oh you are awake now, it's about time", she scoffed.

"Iris, thank you so much for helping me", I paused and entwined my hands with hers, " this means a lot to me."

She left my hands and stood up backing me. She was initially sitting on the chair with me.

"I'm glad you are alright now, James."

The way my name rolled off her lips made me feel really happy. She is so beautiful with her black curly hair and her small lips. What am I thinking?

"James, I'm talking to you, focus. You should go home now. I'm sure your folks are worried sick about you and my aunt isn't comfortable with you here."

She flipped her hair and I could see her beautiful shoulders and neckline. She wore an off-shoulder top. Focus James.

"But Iris why did you help me, I mean you are not obliged to do so and yet you did." I wanted to know why she helped me.

"Don't take this personal but when I saw you at the park, it reminded me of Pearl, my late kitten. You laid on the grass and you looked helpless, weak and just like how I found Pearl when she was run over by a car. It was too late by the time I took her to the vet." She paused and wiped a tear. She must have loved Pearl a lot.

"You were just dehydrated and you had a mild concussion. My house was close so I brought you here. I couldn't leave you there, I'm not that bad. So here we are."

She stopped and finally faced me fully, "You've been out for five hours now."

"Five hours, wow", I shook my head in disbelief.

"Thanks once again, I owe you a-"

She cut in, "Don't say that you won't keep your word just go."

I was really surprised at her sudden change of attitude. What happened to her, but I knew Iris Floyd better than to argue with her.

She was known in school as the Mute Sun. She was very intelligent, and always got all A's but she rarely said a word to anyone. Iris is such a beauty but she keeps to herself.

I decided to leave. She had a point. I reached for the door but I was stopped by a woman who looked mid-thirties. I presumed she was Iris' infamous aunt. She smiled at me and told me she would give me a ride home. I was shocked by what she said but I quickly accepted her kind gesture.

She yelled, "Iris take care of the house, I'll be back after dropping off this gentleman."

Then she pulled my cheeks playfully. This was bizarre.

In exactly forty-five minutes, I was at my house. I knew it would be rude to just go in so I told her to come with me.

I pressed the bell and immediately my dad saw me, he hugged me tightly. I spotted a teardrop from his eyes and he led us in.

He thanked Iris' aunt several times and they exchanged numbers.

Dad was about to serve her something when she blushed and sighed "I would have loved to stay but I have to get going. My niece is at home alone and it's getting late. I'll see you around", then she winked.

Dad escorted her out and we ate dinner together, Dad, Emily and I.
Dad prepared my favourite, Spaghetti and meatballs. Surprisingly, the dinner was peaceful.

*****Emily's POV

James was finally home. I was really glad he was unharmed. I would have never forgiven myself.

Our search was futile. Well not really. Let's just say I discovered the truth and I'm really happy about that.

Blake and Davis had searched Bradford High School while I decided to go solo. My instincts kept telling me to check the lake. Dad had taken James and me there last summer. James would always say he wanted to go there again and my dad would laugh saying, "Till then."

It wasn't so far from our school and I reached there in about twenty minutes. A part of me wanted to leave until I caught sight of a pretty butterfly.

I was mentally arguing with myself now.
Emily control yourself. Come on you need to search for James. That was senior me talking. I'm not crazy. I mean a lot of people do this, I'm sure you can all relate.

"Pretty please with a cherry on top, just a photo, the little one pleaded "I love butterflies."

"Fine, just one photo", the senior one rolled her eyes. I'm weird. Mental note to self, I need a psychiatrist.

I quickly raised my toes for a better view of the butterfly. It was still not high enough. I made sure to make little sounds then I climbed on a big rock. That gave me the perfect view.

I was about to take the picture when I fell on my butt.
The pain from the fall was nothing compared to what I saw. It crushed me.

I had been hearing the sounds of moaning but I thought it could be some animals around. I didn't want to imagine what they were doing but, I was wrong.

Tyler was making out with Lucy. He was right on top of her.

How exactly did they get here? It was usually closed by this time. Well, I also sneaked in. The gate was low so, I easily jumped over it.

The shock on my face was evident now. They broke apart from each other.
Lucy upon seeing me just adjusted her dress and hair and she glared at me. Her face read, "Get out bitch, I'm in the middle of something."

"It's not what you think." Tyler paused while he quickly put on his shirt and he tried to hold my hands.

I flinched with disgust and quickly ran off. I kept going until I met Blake and Davis. They both gave me concerned looks but none questioned me which, I truly appreciated.

My face was still wet with tears. I quickly wiped my face. They were not worth it.

"I got something," Blake yelled with excitement. "The mute sun said she found James."

I gave him puzzled looks then he further explained.

"I sent messages to everyone that James Hugh was missing with his picture. I don't know how it got to her but,  I'm glad it did and Iris Floyd texted me that, she got him and he was fine, he will come home soon."

Brushing my emotions aside, I thanked them for their genuine help and I went home.

Dad was with Miss Betty. That woman sends chills down my spine. My guts tell me she is up to no good but I can't tell my dad to stop all association with her. Oh well.

I told him the good news and he was elated.

"Um, Miss Betty",  I said, "James has been found and he'll soon be home, aren't you going home?"

She exchanged glances with my dad. I hated that, then she smiled at me with that evil smile of hers.

"Sure I was heading home now, be good." Ahh, how I hated her.

Finally, she left. My dad and I prepared James' favourite food, Spaghetti and meatballs. I tasted the meal. It was the best of all my dad had cooked. It had this unique savoury taste and I couldn't wait to devour it.

We waited until James came.

Dad and I decided not to ask him anything. The woman who dropped him off seemed strange. I could tell she had an attraction to my dad but I ignored that and focused on my brother.

After dinner, I approached James.

"Don't do this again James," I paused and hugged him, "I know I don't say this a lot but I love you so much. I'm sorry I haven't been the best sister to you."

He sniffed and hugged me back firmly.

"I'm also sorry Sis, I won't do this again."

Dad just stared at us with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

"Come on Dad, don't just stand there, join us", James said with that jovial spirit of his and we all hugged. I was glad he was back.

He had a good sense of humour and it always eased the tension in difficult situations. I had been so wrapped up in my affairs that I had ignored him previously.

He could be really annoying but he was a nice and cheerful person. He was my little annoying butterfly and I will treasure him from now on.

It's been a long day. We retired to our various rooms.

A part of me still felt sad.
Tyler was such a jerk. I almost fell for his trap and Lucy, I don't even know who she is anymore. We were like sisters but she broke my trust. My heart was shattered.

After thinking for some time and shedding a few painful tears, I soon fell asleep while snuggling with Mr Toodles. He was my childhood teddy bear and best friend. I still had him but that's my secret. I felt much better while cuddling with him.

.....................................................

Wow, another chapter is completed. I'm really grateful for all your votes.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I decided to make two POVs but it is a one-time thing.

Is it me but do you think Emily is paranoid or overprotective of her father or is she has a right to do so?

What do you think of Tyler and Lucy, could they be LerCy .😝

Don't forget to comment and show some love, click that little orange star. Byee😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 30 26
Amberline longs for something other than what she has. She is tired of the same old town, and the same old people. She wants an adventure. She wants...
15.5K 1.8K 42
Aisha Hidaya Mu'az Ardo, a young lady in her early 20s living as an independent woman. Not only was she independent but she had responsiblities, she...
0 0 9
Young Emily Heston grew up in a super small town, hardly anyone lived there or knew it existed. The small town of hosertown was no. bigger then 100...
2.6K 182 22
"My life was perfectly fine. surrounded by peace and love. until I walked in my dead granny's room. my eyes stopped on her journal. I grasped it and...