After Forever

By ElleMc10

This book is a what happens next if Hardin would have went back to London after "getting kicked out of school... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Book 2
New book

Chapter 57

1.1K 50 7
By ElleMc10

Hardin

To say I'm sick of all of this would be an understatement.

I just feel like I need to get out of here sooner rather than later.

I need to get back to work. Real work and that means back to London. Not because my manager came here. But because I am done being in a hospital hoping to get better.

Whatever I can do to make it happen now and get out of here is what I have to do.

I'm scheduled to talk with my doctor in 2 days. And I am going to tell him I'm leaving and that he can send my treatment plan to my doctor in London.

I'm just done. I don't want to be here in this hospital for a second more. I'll do our patient like I was doing before but I'm not staying in a hospital.

The only thing providing me some sanity here is Madi and her helping me with prepping the date for Tessa even though I am going to have to tell her I am leaving sooner rather than later. But I don't want to think about that right now.

Madi is a great distraction actually the best distraction right now. Madi used to be a college basketball player so she has begged me since I met her to play basketball in the courtyard with her.

I remember when I was younger Ken and I would always shoot hoops in the ally.

I remember some nights I would wait till it got dark for him to come home to play and he would just never come home from the bar.

Eventually I hated playing. And I remember being really good and loving the game but he ruined that for me too....But it's been a long time but....I finally agree to Madi's pleas.

To say we both have minimal energy would be an understatement. Yet I have found a way to find some to play her and is surprisingly the most fun I have had in a while.

We are out there playing and I grab Madi from behind and try to grab the ball away from her while pulling her close to me. Trust me this is just me getting the ball, but of course Tessa walks into the courtyard in this exact moment.

"Hey..you" I say once I notice her. But also thinking oh shit.

"Umm hi" Tessa replies clearly annoyed.

"Hi!! I'm Madi you must be Tessa, Hardin has told me so much about you!" Says Madi as she goes up to Tessa.

"Sorry I'm a hugger" Madi says as she brings Tessa in for a hug.

"Nice to meet you..." Tessa says reluctantly.

"I didn't think you were coming until later." I say

"Well sorry to interrupt your game." Tessa says

"No no you weren't, we were just having fun." Madi says.

"I could see that." Says Tessa

Madi can tell Tessa is clearly mad.

"I am going to go back to my room....Tessa it was nice to meet you. Hardin I'll see you later." Says Madi.

Tessa and I stay back
And have a seat at the picnic table.

I lean in to give her a kiss and she turns away.

"What was that?" I ask

"I don't know what was that...?" She asks putting her hands out towards the court.

"That was nothing. We both needed to get out and she asked me to shoot around with her." I reply.

"It just seemed like there would have been more if I didn't walk in." Says Tessa.

"Why don't you trust me?" I ask

The famous question I have constantly had to ask her.

"I don't know Hardin" she replies.

"I really wasn't expecting you until later" I say probably coming off a little rude.

"Umm do you want me to leave?" Tessa Asks

I see a text from Madi "I moved the food order for you and flowers and everything are waiting and ready for you upstairs"

I reply to Tessa "no but just give me a few minutes...meet me in the lobby in 10 minutes."

"Is everything okay?" Tessa asks

"Yes just meet me downstairs." I insist.

"Okay." She agrees although seemingly confused.

She leaves. I get ready quickly and I give Madi a quick call making sure everything is all set.And she confirms it.

"I owe you one Madi, you're the best!" I say as I hang up.

When I get down to the lobby and Tessa sees me in the suit you can tell she's even more confused that before.

"What is going on?" She quickly asks.

"You'll see." I reply as I motion towards the elevator.

"You look so good by the way" she says as she grabs my hand and leans into my arm pushing her head into my shoulder as we ride the elevator up to the roof.

Once we get off the elevator you can see her eyes immediately change and her face light up.

The twinkle lights are strung everywhere. There is a dinner table set for two all ready with her favorite take out. The mini golf course is also lit up. And it looks over the city.

"Did you do all this?" She asks

"I had some help but yes, I wanted to have a night with you that could feel semi normal." I reply

"It's perfect." She says.

"Here sit down these are for you" I say as I hand her the flowers.

"This is really nice Hardin, thank you" she says

We start to enjoy some of the food and engage back in forth in some small talk.

We get up right after and Tessa wants to start playing mini golf.

"Why don't we make it a challenge?" She says

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Well if I win move in with me after your treatment and if you win you can pick what you want." She replies.

"You want that?" I ask

" I wouldn't have said it if I didn't"

"Okay fair enough." I reply.

Just when I am about to tell Tessa what I want if I win. A nurse walks up.

"Hey Hardin, can I talk to you a second?" She asks.

I walk up to her because it looks as if she wants it to be in private.

"It's Madi....we lost her." The nurse says.

"You lost her?" I quickly question.

"She's been fighting for a long time and her heart just couldn't do it anymore." The nurse responds.

I feel like I'm numb. I was just with her. She did all this. She did all this for me. And now she's gone...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.4K 189
Hardin Scott has been madly in love with Tessa Young since the moment he first laid eyes on her, but there's no way she could ever see him as anythin...
13.1K 819 25
Tessa Young has finally found the man of her dreams. The only catch? He's literally in her dreams. Every night Tessa dreams of the same perfect man...
14.6K 689 27
A Hessa Fanfiction. Different story same people 😉 Their lives as best friends. Hardin, Gets into a car accident that puts him into a coma, Tessa sp...
483K 14.2K 113
Tessa and Hardin are finally together and living happily ever after in New York City. But of course, life is not a fairytale. The couple face new and...