Various! Final Space Series x...

By CasonArtSweet

Meet Princess Marina Lynn Venus, an intergalactic outlaw and princess of the Awradduvia Empire. She's been on... More

Character Oc Information
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
The Toro Regatta
The Happy Place
The Grand Surrender
The Other Side
The Notorious Mrs. Goodspeed
The First Times They Met
The Remembered
The Closer You Get
The Lost Spy
The Set Up
The Descent Into Darkness
The Sixth Key
...And Into The Fire
The Hidden Light
The Ventrexian
One of Us
All the Moments Lost
Change Is Gonna Come
The Chamber of Doubt
Forgiveness
Hyper-Transdimensional Bridge Rising
Until the Sky Falls
The Dead Speak

The Arachnitects

576 10 3
By CasonArtSweet

(Anaya's POV)

Early this morning, and I mean early, Tribore woke me up and told me it was time for us to be moving on. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want him to die even more. And that is what would happen if I let him go alone.

So, I am now packing up the last of my things. "So, your really leaving?", Marina asked me from the doorway.

I zipped up my duffel bag without looking at her. "Wherever Tribore goes, I go.", I told her.

I slung my bay over my shoulder and turned to look at her. "And besides, I need to get back to hunting down my target.", I finished.

I walked past her and she followed me. "Who is it you're after exactly?", Marina asked.

I stopped in the hallway with the large window, sighed, put down my bag, and turned to her. "He's a Ventrexian by the name of Avocato. He was the Lord Commander's second-in-command, but he disappeared months ago. No one has seen him. He's elusive, but that will only make the ending much more satisfying.", I answered her.

Marina looked upset for some reason, but before she could say anything, Tribore appeared. "Anaya, it's time.", Tribore announced, dramatically.

I nodded and grabbed my bag, following after him. We exited the ship and stepped out onto the ice planet.

The others were watching us. "Don't shed tears for us.", Tribore dramatically told them.

"We don't even know what you're doing.", Gary replied. "I'm leaving. The old world needs to rise from the ashes like a bedazzled phoenix. My senses tell me undisclosed dangers are growing, undisclosed dangers are brewing!", Tribore explained.

"Yeah so we have to rebuild the Resistance so we can resist the Uprising against the Insurgency who's resisting the Rebellion - against the Insurrection.", I recite what Tribore instructed me to say. Gary was just confused.

"What?", Gary asked, confused. "No tears!", Tribore demanded.

Gary tried to object. "I wasn't even tr-", Gary started to said.

"Look towards the stars at the rising dawn. The Resistance will be there. And Tribore and Anaya will be there, leading it.", Tribore cut off Gary. And with that, he walked off.

I turned to the guys and waved. "Later!", I called out, before jogging to catch up to Tribore.

Tribore and I on our own again, it kind of reminds me of the time we first met.

(Flashback: Anaya's POV)

I slammed the door to the bar open and stomped in. The wind blew through my a-line bob cut. I was covered in the black blood of an Bholdre, a snake like alien.

I was tired and in no mood for games. The people of the bar could tell that much.

I walked up to my usual booth, only to stop in my tracks when I see someone already in it. "Are you the one they call Reaper?", the guy asked me.

I glared and sat across from the guy. "Who's asking?", I demanded.

They smirked and replied, "I am Tribore Menendeze, and I have a proposition for you."

(Flashback over: Marina's POV)

"Will the Triblahdoors ever get their homeland back? I certainly hope not.", Clarence commented, as we are watching a random TV program from Hue, while we eat dinner. Gary then walked up to us.

"Any, uh, any of you seen Mooncake?", Gary asked. "I heard some weird sounds coming from the hangar bay earlier. And I was not eavesdropping, okay?!", Fox answered, defensively.

"Alright, geez, okay. Weird sounds? I mean, oh! Ah!I think I know what's going on.", Gary told us. I was now confused.

"What?", I asked. "His skin's getting greener, his antennae are quivering we've all been there.", Gary replied.

"We have?", I asked. "I have. Stop looking at me!", Ash said, nervously.

"Yes. His body's changing. He's becoming a man cake.", Gary stated. Nightfall then spoke up.

"Gary, he doesn't have any-", Nightfall started to said. "Yeah, I know.", Gary said, cutting her off.

"We can all see-", Nightfall started to said. "You don't have to tell me.", Gary cut her off again.

"I mean, he's r-round.", Nightfall finished. "I know! Alright? I'm gonna give Mooncake "the talk" I never got.", Gary stated.

"What- What do you guys me- What are you guys talking about? What talk?", Little Cato asked, confused. "Wait, your dad never gave you the talk?", I asked my ward.

From next to me, I saw Gary fanboying about something. "And that's when I got caught upside down pants-less in a hammock at Bailey Beth Sanderson's summer cabin. It was- It was an ordeal.", Gary finishes his story.

"Chookity.", Mooncake said, smiling. "Okay, good talk!", Gary cheered.

"I have a question.", Little Cato spoke up. "Yeah, go for it.", Gary told him.

"Um, Why?", Little Cato asked. I swore, my heart nearly exploded from how cute that was.

"Why? Because little invisible chaos marbles are exploding all over your insides.", Gary replied. "Then, they're real?", Little Cato asked, excitedly.

My heart, is getting to full! "Yes. Yes, they are.", Gary answered.

"Mm, thought so.", Little Cato said. I chuckled and ruffled his Mohawk.

"That explains a truckload, friends!", Fox cheered. "Huzzah for pubescence!", Hue cheered, too.

Gary turns to Mooncake and says, "Remember little buddy, you can always talk to me about anything, okay? About this, about losing your powers, anything." Mooncake hums and Gary cheered.

"Hooray! Solved the problem. See ya!", Gary exclaimed. Mooncake suddenly groaned in pain.

"You okay, Mooncake?", I asked the little guy. Suddenly, he started to glow and was being dragged off somewhere.

Gary and I started chasing after him. "Mooncake! Did I scare you with my detailed stories of bodily changes?!", Gary asked.

"Those were kind of scary, but I doubt that's what is causing this!", I answered Gary. Mooncake was pulled through the side.

"Mooncake!", I cried out. I stopped just short of the wall, while Gary crashed into it.

He then stood up. "No! No, no, no, no! Mooncake, no! AVA, follow Mooncake! Lightfold!", Gary said.

"What's the magic word?", Ava asked us. KVN came up and started guessing.

"I know! Uh, please? Now? Tuesday? French vanilla? Washing machine? Am I warm? Give me a hint!", KVN said. I growled and took off towards the bridge.

"We don't have time for this, Ava!", I exclaimed. I was not about to lose another friend.

I jumped into the captain's seat and took control, lightfolding. "Still not fast enough! We're losing him. Engage the drop drive!", I heard Gary shout to me.

"Engaging!", I replied. I engaged the drop drive and there he was.

He was just a few feet ahead of me. I turned on the outer speakers and told said, "Mooncake! It's going to be okay, we're going to-"

But before I could finish, he disappeared. My eyes widened in shock.

"No!", I cried out. I lost yet another friend. We were in the galley and Gary was beating himself up over not being able to save Mooncake.

"I was so close. I was so close to getting Mooncake back.", Gary said, cursing himself. He then punched the wall in fury.

KVN came up and started hitting the wall. "Take that, wall! You've been cruisin' for a bruisin'!", KVN said.

"Stupid wall!", Fox curses. And with that, everyone, except Gary, Nightfall, Clarence, and I, were hitting the walls.

"Alright, can everyone please stop beating up the ship so we can come up with a plan to save Mooncake?", I called out to everyone. Gary is then attacked by a pest.

KVN grabs a fly swatter and floats up to Gary. "Oh. Don't worry, Gary. I'll get that Lightning Bug.", KVN said.

The bug blasts KVN and floats back up to Gary. "Gary.", the bug said.

We finally realize who it is. "Bolo?", Gary asked.

KVN floats over again and tries to sway Bolo. "I got it!", KVN exclaimed.

He is shocked again. "I don't know how you tolerate him.", Bolo told us.

"Yo, did you just shrink yourself to chat me up? Because now is not the time.", Gary told him. "Gary, nothing happens without Mooncake. You must retrieve him.", Bolo told us.

I throw up my hands. "Okay, we get it, but where is he?", I asked.

"Mooncake has been taken to another dimension by the Arachnitects.", Bolo answered. "The Arachnitects? I thought they were only legend.", Nightfall said.

"Any idea how we can get him?", I asked. "With a dimensional key. But first, it must be activated. Hurry, Gary. The Arachnitects wait for no one.", Bolo told us.

KVN tries to swat Bolo again, only to get shocked. Bolo then disappeared in a bright flash.

"Okay. We can work with this. Does anyone know how to activate a dimensional key?", Gary asked us. "I don't, but I might know someone who does.", Clarence replied.

So, that sent us on a wild goose chase across the galaxy. First it was to see a weird alien friend of Clarence who had a lot of hands.

He then sent us to a cosmic locksmith. He couldn't help, so he sent us to visit Catalope, who happens to be a friend of mine.

Gary was so done with this. "I swear, if this next person can't open the freakin' key-", Gary growled.

I then cut him off. "Gary, chill. Catalope is a good friend of mine. I'm sure he will be able to help us.", I said.

We landed and were now in the middle of a battle field. I spotted my friend and ran up to him.

"Catalope!", I called out. The Ventrexian turned and smiled at me.

"Well, well, what do we have here? It's been far to long, Princess.", Catalope casually greeted me. I saw he was about to be shot, so I jumped over him and took out the shooter.

"Watch your back, old man. This isn't like the bank vaults of Vilmiea.", I reminded him. He then shot someone behind me.

"You watch your own back.", Catalope told me. I smiled, it was good to see my old friend.

The others finally managed to catch up to us. Catalope turned his attention to Clarence right away.

"Clarence, what brings you around?", Catalope asked the hobgoblin. "Clarence, why the hell does everyone know who you are?", Gary asked Clarence.

"Strictly business this time, Catalope.", Clarence told Catalope. "You bet, Mr. Naughty.~", Catalope purred, seductively.

I shuddered in disgust. "I don't even want to know.", I said, cutting down another enemy soldier.

"Hey, hey. Keep it cool. I- We're looking to unlock a dimensional key.", Clarence told Catalope. "I'm a simple scout. You need a great leader. The Head of the Resistance and his second-in-command!", Catalope dramatically exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's great. You guys take care of that, I'm gonna help these guys out. Okay?", I told them. Gary just gave me a thumbs up and I ran off to take out these guys.

"Alright you bastards, time to send you all too hell!", I shouted out, letting out a mighty battle cry.

(Anaya's POV)

Tribore and I entered Sal's Watering hole. The eyes of the people in the bar were all over us.

Tribore said this is where we would find the semi-hard guy we would need for the resistance. A bug like alien suddenly charges at Tribore, but I take him out before he could get close.

"You just killed my cousin! Go get your drinks somewhere else.", the bartender told us. Tribore just ignored him, probably because of his loud shirt.

Tribore's eyes then caught sight of an alien ripping of one of his arms before regrowing it. "You. What's your name?", Tribore asked the guy.

"Thud.", the guy replied. "Thud. I like that. You want to join the Resistance?", Tribore offered.

"What are we resisting?", Thud asked. "Take your pick.", Tribore told him.

Suddenly, I had a short vision. "Don't look now, boys, but things are about to heat up.", I said.

Literally a second after I said that, we got a call from Gary. "Tribore! Anaya! Mooncake's been kidnapped!", Gary exclaimed.

Tribore then leaned over. "You are getting good at that.", Tribore whispered.

"We need to unlock a dimensional key.", Gary told us. Tribore went to order a drink and left me to deal with the problem.

"You need to what? Also, where is Marina?", I asked the blonde. He was looking for an answer.

But then, I heard her voice in the background. "Yeah! Take that mother-", Marina shouted out.

She was then cut off by a loud explosion. "Do I even want to know?", I asked.

Gary shook his head. "No you don't, but can we focus. Mooncake is in danger!", Gary demanded.

I then sighed. "Look, I don't have any idea how to unlock a dimensional key. But I'll try and find out how.", I told him.

Tribore came up in front of me. "Like she said, the Resistance is on the- Actually, make that a sea breeze.", Tribore told the bartender.

Gary thought he hung up. "Well, he's not gonna be any help, Anaya maybe.", Gary said.

Tribore soon spoke up. "I heard that. I'm always listening.", Tribore said.

I shook my head as Tribore got his drink. That reminds me of our talk those years ago.

(Flashback)

I scoffed, looking at the alien in front of me. "What kind of proposition? It's gotta be good if you approach me, knowing who I am.", I told him, putting my feet on the table.

Tribore smirked at me. "Your bold, I like that. I want you to join my resistance. Also, waiter get me a whiskey on the rocks. Wait, make that old fashioned. Actually, make that a sea breeze.", Tribore explained.

My eyes widened, as I finally realized who this guy was. "Wait, I know you. Your that chump who's starting up a resistance against the Lord Commander. Word on the street is that it's not doing to well. Thanks for the offer, but I would rather be where I am now than picking up the peanut shells that are being left behind.", I said.

I then stood up to leave, but what he said next stopped me in my tracks. "I know what happened to you, Anaya Mercia.", Tribore said.

(Flashback over: Marina's POV)

After finishing the battle and saying goodbye to Catalope, we went back to the ship. Gary, who was starting to loose hope, began to sulk of to his room.

"Gary, don't worry. We'll get Mooncake back.", I reassured him. I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled gently at him.

He just shrugged it off. "I am worried.", Gary said.

He then continued to walk away and for some reason my heart hurt. I walked back to the bridge and sat in the captain's seat.

Since I was alone, I decided to try and figure out why I've been feeling the way I have around Gary recently. I willing thought that he was cute, I find myself enjoying his company more so than before, and to see him sad made me sad.

Then it hit me, I liked him. I guess when you get past all of the stupid and crazy, he's actually a good guy.

Before I could think anymore on the subject, Gary came in. "We found someone else to help us.", Gary said.

We were now in an extremely bright and mystical looking environment. Something has got to be messed up about this place.

I voiced my thoughts. "Okay this place is super nice, so what's the catch? Floating eyeballs? Vomiting rainbow? Is this place considered New Jersey?", I asked.

Clarence, who was leading us, ignored me and gave us a cryptic warning. "I must warn you. Her powers are great, but her beauty is immeasurable. Do not look directly into her face.", Clarence said.

We went up to the house and a creature that looked like Clarence, except way wrinklier and was a bit scary to look at. "Clarence.", It greeted.

"There it is.", I said, slouching. "Oh! I looked! Oh, oh! Why did I look?! Oh no, you were right, Clarence! Oh, this is... My eyes!", Gary groaned.

Little Cato then joined in. "Aaargh! I looked, too! My eyes! Why?! Why didn't I listen?!", Little Cato shouted out.

I patted my wards head and we all walked in. "You miserable goat. I see you remembered my birthday.", Dartreeshio said to Clarence.

Clarence got nervous. "Yes, yes, of course. Your birthday-", Clarence said.

He was cut off by Fox's cries of pain. "Urrrggh! I looked, too!", Fox cried out.

Clarence ignored the pained screams of his boy and continued what he was saying. "How does one forget the day the heavens smiled.", Clarence said.

Dartreeshio saw past his lie easily. "Nice of you to lie, Clarence. What brings you here to this dominion of the misbegotten?", Dartreeshio asked.

He then pulled out the dimensional key. "This!", Clarence told her.

Dartreeshio then gasped and said, "A dimensional key. I haven't seen one of those ever." Gary soon took it and said, "Activate it. If anyone can-"

He was cut off by Dartreeshio swallowing his hand with the dimensional key. "No, no, oh! What is with your family eating keys! Get it out! That's ours!", Gary complained.

"Stop it! Stop it! You're a weirdo! Stop it! Let go!", Ash demanded. She let go and apologized, taking the key into her hands.

Dartreeshio made really wired noises and put it into a device. The key started to glow and we thought it was working.

But it just dropped to the ground. "Well, that didn't work.", Dartreeshio said.

She then set the key on fire. It began to melt and we started to panic. "You're melting the freakin' key!", Gary exclaimed, as he tossed Dartreeshio away and put out the fire.

Once it was out, Gary picked it up. But it must have still been hot, because he started to throw it around.

"Uh! Oh, it burns! Oh! Aah!", Gary cried, he then tossed it away. KVN managed to catch it, however.

"KVN's got it! Ow, ow, so hot! I could turn off my heat sensors, but I want to feel something. Anything.", KVN monologues, while hitting the key against the ground. And apparently that was what we needed to do, because it started glowing and floating.

"Of course. A combination of song, painful screaming, and being whacked about with abandon.", KVN told us. "How did we not try that sooner?!", I exclaimed.

"The unlock-ening of the world awaits.", Dartreeshio informed us. "So says, Dartreeshio Unlock-ener of worlds!", Clarence added.

"Who among you dares to unlock the unlock-ening?", Dartreeshio asks us. She thinks for a minute before deciding on Ash.

Gary then speaks up. "Uh Ash, I was thinking I could wear a crisp white tux to prom to match your-", Gary said.

Apparently what he said worked, because he powers activated and she unlocked the doorway. We, minus Dartreeshio, appeared in a cosmic webby place.

"What is this place?", I wondered aloud. We then found ourselves face to face with alarmingly humongous alien spiders.

And the alien spiders had Mooncake trapped in their web. "They got Mooncake, and we're getting him back.", Gary told us, determined.

(Anaya's POV)

We were now on the search a guy named the Blade. Tribore took us on a route that somehow brought us back to Sal's Watering hole.

"What the hell are you doing back here?!", the bartender demanded. But Tribore just ignored him and said, "I'm looking for The Blade."

An alien with chainsaws for hands came up to us and spoke to Tribore. "Unt ya! Those slacks could use a pleat.", the alien said.

With a sharp tongue like that, he has to be the right guy. He also kind of reminds me of my bad attitude.

(Flashback)

"I know what happened to you, Anaya Mercia.", Tribore said. I took a deep breath, run a hand through my hair in frustration before walking back over to him.

"How do you know that name?", I demanded. He grabbed his drink and took a swig of it.

"Your registered in the system. I know what happened on Kanopis Prime and I know you want revenge. I'm giving you the chance to take the key. Join me as my second in command, and you will make things rights. So what do you say?", Tribore asked. I think about it.

The way I was doing things would never get me the revenge I so crave. So maybe, I should give this a try.

I looked at him with a determined gaze. "Where do we being?", I asked him.

(Flashback Over: Marina's POV)

"Mooncake!", Gary called out to the defenseless former planet killer. "Gary? These things don't seem to be the kind that we can take down with a blaster. Be careful.", I advised.

He nodded to me in acknowledgment. He then turned to the freakishly humongous spiders and asked, "What are you?"

One of them answered us. "A power far beyond your comprehension. We are the authors of Final Space. We are the Arachnitects.", an Arachnitect said.

"You took something from me.", Gary growled out. "The missing piece.", the Arachnitects said, in sync.

It was now my turn to yell at them. "His name is Mooncake! And he wasn't missing until you took him from us!", I angrily yelled out.

"He was never yours to claim.", one of them countered. "Yeah, well, I respectfully disagree!", Gary exclaimed.

"All are blind until their eyes are opened.", one of them said. And, with a wave of a hand, we are being shown something.

"We Arachnitects were created by beings of unimaginable light. They commanded us to craft the Titans to aid us in the layering of dimensions.", one of the Arachnitect. "You made the Titans?! That's very impressive! They made the Titans, Gary.", KVN annoyingly stated.

"I heard.", Gary growled out. The Arachnitecs then continued.

"All was well, until we reached the end of the universe a place of endless darkness where an unconquerable evil named Invictus dwells.", the Arachnitects explained. Their explanation was interrupted by Clarence's snores.

"Clarence, pay attention!", one of them shouted out. Clarence soon woke up and they continued.

"Invictus poisoned the Titans. Chaos reigned. Only two Titans remained uncorrupted. Bolo and Atraus.", the Arachnitects explained. Atraus must be the name of the other Titan who helped close up Final Space.

"Oh, yeah, we met Bolo. Cool dude.", Little Cato noted. "Yes, Little Cato, he is, as you say, a cool dude.", the Arachnitects replied.

I then cut in. "I'm sorry, but what happened with Atraus?", I asked them.

"We will get to that. Fear not, Princess Marina.", the Arachnitects replied, before continuing. "With their help, we imprisoned Invictus and the Titans in Final Space.", the Arachnitects.

Gary then cuts in. "Great story, alright, but can someone please tell me what this all has to do with Mooncake?", Gary asked.

One of them replied, "He's getting there, just give it a sec." The leader then continued.

"For eons, the Titans tried to escape Final Space, clawing at the walls until they broke through. Your father, John Goodspeed, closed that opening. But in doing so, he released a piece of Final Space that crystallized into your world. Creating the one you call "Mooncake."", the Arachnitects explained. "Whoa.", I said, surprised.

Gary tries to reason with the Arachnitects. "My dad made Mooncake? Okay, doesn't that make him mine? So, how about you just hand him over, and we'll be on our way.", Gary said.

"No!", the Arachnitects rejected. "Oh, good! There's more!", Gary complained.

They ignored him and continued. "When Mooncake left Final Space, he created a cosmic imbalance. That weakened the walls of Final Space, making your world vulnerable to the onslaught of Titans and their master, Invictus.", the Arachnitects explained.

They drop us as we are brought out of the vision. They then continued.

"As we speak, the walls holding them back are crumbling. Unless the balance is restored, all will be lost.", the Arachnitects finished. We then heard a demonic voice say, "You can not hold me. I'm coming. I'm coming."

"Mooncake must be returned now.", the leader said. They shot a beam at Mooncake and he was being floated up towards the sky tear.

Poor Mooncake was whimpering from how scared he was. "Mooncake!", Gary called out, running towards Mooncake.

"Gary!", I called out worried. Gary ignored me and started to climb up toward Mooncake.

"There has to be another way. Take me. I'll do anything!", Gary pleaded. "Are you really willing to endanger everything for him?", the leader asked the blonde.

"I don't know. I've lost so much, and I can't lose him, too.", Gary replied. My eyes soon widened.

This is another reason I love like him so much. He is so willing to risk everything to protect the ones he loves.

It is so rare to find that in anyone. He is a really good man.

"But, Gary, all is already lost.", Invictus told Gary. I glare at the space crack and flipped the bird towards it for a minute.

Gary managed to climb up high enough and jumped and grabbed Mooncake. And it looked like the two of them were disintegrating together.

"Oh, wow. That hurts. Probably should've seen that coming. I won't let go, Mooncake. I've got your back.", Gary told Mooncake to comfort him. Then, the unexpected happened, Mooncake got his powers back and used it to fix the space crack.

The two were then being lowered back down and Gary cheered. "Mooncake! You got them back! Your powers! You got 'em back! Yeah!", Gary cheered.

"Chookity pok!", Mooncake cheered. I ran over to Gary and tackled him into a hug.

"Don't you dare do anything like that ever again!", I demanded. Gary then laughed and hugged me back.

"Okay, Marina.", Gary said, with a smile on his face. I had to hide my blushing face in his chest.

The Arachnitects then started talking. "Fascinating. It seems Mooncake not only has the power to destroy, he also has the power to heal.", one of them said.

The leader then spoke up. "Jeremy! We figured that out!", the leader exclaimed.

"I'm sorry.", Jeremy apologized. "It's alright. You're new.", the leader accepted.

Gary stands up and continues to half hug me. "See? Mooncake can stay with me and the universe can still be balanced. So, what do you say about him working from home?", Gary offered.

"That's a good idea!", Jeremy noted. The leader speaks up, again.

"Jeremy! Ugh. Alright. Then, we will let Mooncake work from home. But, he must swear to never use his power to open Final Space again.", the leader stated. Jeremy quickly added on, "And he must be reachable on weekends."

"Jeremy!", the leader yelled out. "I'm sorry, again. I got excited.", Jeremy apologized, again.

"Break that promise, and we take Mooncake back. Forever.", the leader finished. "Well, to be clear-", Gary tried to say, but is cut off by them disappearing.

"Oh, okay. You're just gonna go.", Gary said. I look around then asked, "Hey guys, how do we leave?"

No one had an answer to my question.

(Anaya's POV)

We were searching for the last person we would need to get our resistance started. His name is Henry, he was a sharpshooter in the Infinity Guard.

The best there was, the best there is. His head shots were also pretty great.

We found him and managed to convince him to join pretty easily. And now we were coming together for a group photo.

"The time has come at last for a group photo. Say Mooncake.", Tribore said. "Mooncake!", we repeated.

Henry took the picture and sent it to Tribore, who started a newsletter. "Why, I think we've got it. Every great resistance begins with a great newsletter.", Tribore said.

I got another short vision and said, "Incoming." Then, suddenly, Gary called us.

"Yo, guys, good news! We found Mooncake! So, uh, piss off Tribore and thanks for trying Anaya.", Gary said, before hanging up. We just stood there for a minute in silence, before Tribore spoke.

"Big news, guys. Thanks to our tireless efforts, Mooncake's been saved. How did we do it? We don't know. But we sure as hell looked great doing it.", Tribore said. I sighed and smiled at him.

I knew that's not what happened, but I didn't have the heart to tell him that. So I clapped my friend on the back and spoke to everyone.

"You know what, you're right. So I say we celebrate. Drinks are on me boys!", I announced. They cheered and we walked back to Sal's Watering hole for some much needed drinks.

And here I am grateful that I took up Tribore's offer all those years ago.

(Flashback)

I finished putting on the Tribore had picked out for me. I wasn't crazy about playing dress up, but I didn't want to hear his complaining.

Luckily the outfit came with a , so that was nice. "Come out and show me how you look sweetie.", Tribore said.

I sighed and walked out. Tribore looked at me for a moment before saying, "Love the outfit, hate the hair."

I was now shocked. "What's wrong with my hair?!", I demanded.

Tribore looked unfazed and played with one of my curls. "It's too short, you have pretty hair, so own it! Try growing it out.", Tribore suggested, before walking away.

I groaned and followed after him. "Just so we're clear, this is a partnership, I'm not here for fashion tips. So don't expect me to hang onto your every word.", I stated.

(Flashback Over)

I sat down with our drinks and brushed aside a piece of my hair. I'm glad I listened to Tribore about my hair.

I like it, like it, a lot. The guys grabbed their drinks.

After a little bit, we all started to sing.

[ANAYA]

I may not live to see our glory!

[THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE/HENRY]

I may not live to see our glory!

[ANAYA]

But I will gladly join the fight!

[THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE/HENRY]

But I will gladly join the fight!

[ANAYA]

And when our children tell our story...

[THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE/HENRY]

And when our children tell our story...

[ANAYA]

They'll tell the story of tonight

[THUD]

Let's have another round tonight

[BLADE]

Let's have another round tonight

[HENRY]

Let's have another round tonight

[TRIBORE]

Raise a glass to freedom

Something they can never take away

No matter what they tell you

Raise a glass to the five of us

[TRIBORE/THUD]

Tomorrow there'll be more of us

[THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE]

Telling the story of tonight

[ANAYA]

They'll tell the story of tonight

[THUD/BLADE/HENRY]

Raise a glass to freedom

Something they can never take away

[ANAYA]

No matter what they tell you

[HENRY/BLADE]

Let's have another round tonight

[TRIBORE]

Raise a glass to the five of us

[ANAYA/THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE/HENRY]

Tomorrow there'll be more of us

[ANAYA/TRIBORE]

Telling the story of tonight

[THUD/HENRY/BLADE]

Let's have another round tonight

[ANAYA/TRIBORE]

They'll tell the story of tonight

[THUD/BLADE/HENRY]

Raise a glass to freedom

[ANAYA/TRIBORE]

They'll tell the story of tonight

[THUD/BLADE/HENRY]

Raise a glass to freedom

[ANAYA/TRIBORE]

They'll tell the story of tonight

[ANAYA/THUD/TRIBORE/BLADE/HENRY]

They'll tell the story of tonight

We clank our cups together and laugh. I stopped when I heard, "I'm coming."

It was faint, but it was definitely there. I stood up and looked for who could have possibly said that but saw no one.

"You think you can hide from me, I'm coming.", a sinister voice said. This time it was ringing through my head.

I fell to my knees and gripped my head. The guys finally took notice and ran up to me.

"Anaya? What's wrong? Speak to me!", Tribore commanded, placing a gentle hand on my back. I look up at them and say, "He's coming."

And then, I passed out. The last thing I heard was them calling out for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 172 18
Final Space has got to be one of my other favorite shows that I had binge watch in a day. Season 2 just ended but word of season 3 is on the way (hop...
230K 9.8K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
33.1K 678 10
[NOT COMPLETED] You've been in the Intergalactic Prison for years now. Your father, known only as The Warden, was the one to put you there. However...
4.6K 751 26
Tristan is a Quiz Bowl star. Vyrsa is from the stars. But is their interstellar romance written in the stars? *** Following a successful heist on a r...