The Journey Of Love (#2)

By shiprasaini1

Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete th... More

Basic Information
Prologue
1. Morning love
2. Black hoodie
3. Beach
4. wedding
5. Only Love
6. Morning Love-2
7. Keerti
8. Coffee date
9. Holi celebration I
10. Holi celebration II
11. Pregnant...?
12. Memories
13. The dark street
14. The Red monster
15. The savior
16. Lunch with him
17. The club night
18. Confessing my love
19. Drunken beauty
20. Hangover
21. His Birthday
22. Keerti's hatred
23. Facts
24. His little sister
25. Accident
26. Fasting for him
27. Keerti's truth
28. Siblings fight
30. The storm
31. The Ramayana of my life
32. Some truth
33. My warrior wife
34. His arrival
35. The Pranksters
36. His surprise
37. My husband
38. Karwa Chauth fast
39. Exploring the beauty
40. The truth-1
41. The truth-2
42. The Roots
43. Holidays-1
44. Holidays-2
45. Forgiveness
46. The Interview
47. 3- idiots
48. The Happiness
49. Our baby
50. Angry Husband-1
51. Angry Husband- 2
52. The fear
53. The celebration
54. Her surprise
55. Her pain
56. Memory lane
57. She came back for me
58. The sorrow
59. Loving him
60. The ray of happiness
61. The caring husband
62. Our precious
63. Epilogue
New Book

29. His ignorance

18K 942 63
By shiprasaini1

Preeti's point of view

It's been more than two weeks now when Siddharth leaved house with me and after that day he is behaving differently to me. I tried many times to talk to him but he always says he is fine or answer me in yes or no most of the time.

When I woke up in the morning of next day we leave the home, Siddharth wasn't beside me. He left a note on a kitchen counter that he went to office early and Andrew will be here if I needed anything. Andrew bring Siddharth and my luggage from the mansion and bought few necessary groceries for us.

It's a routine now I didn't fine Siddharth beside me every morning. He leaves early in the morning and came home late at night. We barely eat breakfast and dinner together. Every night I wait for him and sleep in living room on the couch waiting for him but at morning I found myself on a comfy bed of our room.

I tried to talk him about that topic but he refused to talk and change the topic whenever I bring it. So I didn't force him and gave him some time and space to think and support him silently. So whenever he want someone to talk I always be there.

I tried to call keerti many time but she wasn't picking up my calls. Mom called me once and asked about whereabouts and make sure that we both are fine. When Dad came to know about the fight between Siddharth and Keerti, he came to our house and tried to take back me and Siddharth with him to the mansion but Siddharth denied. After trying so many time Dad gave up but he said that his family is always be incomplete without his son and daughter-in-law.

So much is going in our life. I am fighting with my demons of that night when I coloured my hands with someone's blood and the fear of being caught by police is always be there and on top of that Siddharth's distancing is eating me from inside.

Siddharth and my life was never a bed of roses. We faced many difficulties and miseries in our life and we always came through of them and I am sure we also pass this phase of life together.

So to distract myself from all of this I was thinking of doing job. I applied in some financial company for an accountant job and two of them called me for a job interview. I didn't tell Siddharth about this. I didn't get a chance to talk to him about this but today I am going to talk to him about this.

I was sitting in a balcony looking at the evening orange sky when suddenly a door bell rang. I got up and opened the door.

Siddharth was standing at the door looking all tired up. Dark circles around his eyes showing that he didn't sleep properly in past days.

"Hey..." He greets me.

"Hey..." I greet him back and move aside to give him space to enter inside the house.

I took his laptop bag and suit jacket from him and put it on the couch. He loosened his tie and set on the couch.
I went to the kitchen and bring a glass of water for him.

When I came to the Livingroom with glass of water I saw Siddharth was groaning rubbing his temple with his fingers.

He took a glass from the tray and put it on the table after drinking water. I touched his forehead and gasped when his hot skin touched the skin of my palm.

"Siddharth you have a high fever." I said while putting my hand on his neck. He is burning with high fever. I don't know how he drove home in this high fever.

"No, I am fine. It's just a little flue. I will be fine after taking rest." He said while opening his eyes which turned into red due to fever.

'Aacchhoo...' He sneezed.

"You have a cold too. How you drove home in this condition?" I finally asked him while removing the tie from his neck and opened the top two buttons of his shirt so he could feel little comfort.

"Andrew drop me." He said and sniffed.

"Okey, Let's go to room." I said and he nodded his head while getting up.

I helped him to walk upstairs to our room. He looked weak and his body is burning up. I opened the door of our room and helped him walked to bed.

"Siddharth..." He fell on the bed as soon as his feet touched the bed and I also fell on him because my feets stumbled when he fell on the bed.

He was not sleeping and eating properly since last we leave the home and as a result it effects his health. No matter what how many times I try to talk to him or try to cheer up his mood but he always ignored me or changed the topic. I know he want some space and I am ready to give him that. For his happiness if I have to fast for whole year I will do that. Because only for him I can do anything and I mean anything.

I got off from him and took out his lower and tshirt from the closet. I helped him to make him wear his clothes with lot of courage because It was the first time I opened his pants which I will never do that if Siddharth is conscious. It took a lot of effort and energy to me to make him wear his clothes. Because lifting his heavy body to change his clothes, was really a tough job.

I laid him properly on the bed and cover him with duvet. As I was about to go downstairs to make a chicken soup for him he held my wrist and stop me.

"Stay with me. I need you." He looked at me with tired eyes but I can see the hidden pain in his eyes which he was hiding inside him.

I bent down to his level and said, "I just come in a few minutes with your medicines and soup."

I smiled softly and kissed on his forehead then went to downstairs to make a chicken soup for him. Once mom told me that chicken soup is really helped in fever.

****

When I came to the room with soup and medicines, Siddharth was sleeping but he was growing in pain. I put the tray on bedside table and helped him sitting up on the bed.

His body is burning up like he just came out from the burner. He barely opened his mouth and eyes when I feed him the soup. After feeding him the soup I gave him medicines and make him laid on the bed.

I set beside him on the bed and put the wet cold water strips on his forehead so temperature could go down, if temperature didn't go down in one hour I will call the doctor.

Thanks to God, medicines started working and temperature started going down after an hour. I can hear his even breath and he is in deep sleep now. He put his head on my lap in his sleep and nuzzleed on my stomach while encircling his arms around my waist. I run my fingers in his silky hair and he get more comfortable in my lap. I felt the same warmth which I was missing in past one and half month. In past month, we both didn't get intimate, not even a kiss. We both were busy and I was fasting for him for a whole month but now I am missing his touch, his kisses. But sometimes I feel he is stopping himself to get close to me or touch me, especially after he leave the home with me.

******

Next day was a Sunday, Siddharth's fever went down at night but I know he must be feeling tired so I let him sleep till afternoon. When he woke up at noon I prepared lunch for both of us and ate it with a minimum talk. Today I am going to tell him about my job interviews. I hope he allow me because it is necessary to distract my mind.

My health is still same. I still get nausea anytime and had a fever now and then. Anshul's prescribed meds helps me in headache and fever but they are also useless.

When I come to the living room with two coffee mugs, Siddharth was sitting on the couch facing the balcony and typing on his laptop. After lunch he was working on his laptop without a break and now it's evening. I know he buried himself in work so he can't think about the incident but he is hurting himself. I walked  to him and put the coffee mugs on the table.

Siddharth leaned back on the couch and rested his head on the couch headrest. He released a deep breath while closing his eyes and run his palms on his face.

He is tired  but he is not ready to take a break.

I walked behind him and encircled my arms around his neck. He leaned to my touch and kissed at the back of my hand. My lips curled into a smile looking at him. I bent down and kissed on his forehead.

"You're tired.."

"Hmmm.." he hummed.

"Preeti...what are you doing? I am working." He protested when I closed the laptop and put it on the table.

"Take a rest for few minutes." I said while sitting beside him on the couch and gave him a coffee.

We both sit there silently, sipping our coffee, looking outside the window. None of us broke the silence. We both are lost in our thoughts and fighting with own battles. I want to talk him and tell him what is going on in my life and what happened with me when he went away for two weeks for work but afraid of loosing him, I step back.

"Do you want to talk to me on something?" He asked me.

I shake my head as 'no' and asked him, "No, Do you?"

I looked at him when I asked him and he shake his head as 'no' and sip his coffee.

"Siddharth..I know you are disturb about what happened between you and keerti. I know you are blaming yourself for her behavior but Please try to understand, you can't cantrol anyone. I know what she said was unforgivable, even I don't like the way she talked to you but you are suffocating yourself to put all things inside you. Please end this fight and talk to her. You should talk to her." I turned to his side and said.

"Preeti I know you want everything like before. But I will never forgive the person who insults my wife and she insulted you." He said while greeting his teeth and the grip on his coffee mug is become tight.

"But..at least talk to me."

"Never-ever bring this topic again. I don't want to talk about this anymore. Understood.." He said.

I know it's not just all about me. It's  more than that. He is feeling betrayed. His own sister and his best friend hide things from him. I still remember  that what he said about their relationship when I asked him randomly. He said, may be he will approve their relationship but they shouldn't hide things from him and they both did the same mistake. But I don't know what will he do when he came to know that I knew about their relationship and I also hide this from him.

I nodded my head and look at him. He also look at me for a while. I want to reach him and consoled him but he blocked me again by turning his face to the front and look outside the balcony.

"Nick and Emily is coming for dinner today. Nick and I  have some work to discuss and Emily is also joining with him." He said looking at me.

"Okey..then I should start the preparation of dinner." I said and was about to get up when Siddharth stop me.

"No, you will get tired. I will order the food from restaurant." He said looking at me.

"You just recovered from your fever and it won't be good for your health. I will cook." I said while giving him a half smile.

"Okey, I will help you." He said and about to get but this time I stopped  him.

"Don't worry.  I will manage. You should rest for sometime." I said.

I was sitting there for sometime and we both sit there in silence looking outside the window. I want to spend some more time with him. In past few days I was feeling like something is missing between both of us and Siddharth is getting away from me. Did he already know, what I did? Many questions are running inside my head and I don't know the answer of any of them. I just want our previous days back where he tease me until he didn't get his kiss and we both have fun when we went outside on a date.

I want everything back. I want my Siddharth back.

******

I was in a kitchen preparing the dinner when door bell rang. I walked out from the kitchen and about to opened the door but Siddharth beats me and opened the door.

"Hello..preety Preeti.. " Nick took me in a bear hug and we both hear a groan coming from Siddharth. Siddharth got jealous easley so Nick took the advantage and doesn't leave a chance to tease him.

"You know I miss you pretty Preeti." Nick kissed me at the side of my head.

"Okey that's enough for today." Siddharth said while pulling Nick away from me.

"I didn't greet her properly." Nick said while taking a step towards me.

"Do you want to eat dinner with your broken teeth?" Siddharth said while giving him a death glare. I like their bickering and possessive nature of Siddhart. He makes me feel protected and safe.

"Okey I am sorry...now calm down." Nick said while raising his hands up in a surrender.

I and Emily both laughed and greeted each other with a hug. After a long time I see Emily. She was busy between her job and her new married life that we didn't get much time to hangout each other.

We all set in a livingroom and talk sometime on random things when Emily spoke suddenly.

"Preeti you told me about the baby shower of your sister-in-law, when it is?" Emily asked me.

"Next month.." I said.

"Awee...Can I also join you. I really want to be in someone's baby shower." Emily asked me with puppy eyes.

"You can have your own if you allow me." Nick said while winking her.

"No, we talked about this." Emily narrowed her eyes at Nick and he rolled his eyes on her.

Siddharth and I both laughed looking at their childish behavior and our eyes met suddenly. We both hold each other's gaze and looked at eachother with so much emotions that we can't put the finger on. I know  he told me he want baby after two years but sometimes I feel, I want to get pregnant and want little Siddharth in my arms but at the same time I want it will be our mutual decision.

"Well..I want my baby before Siddharth's."

Our gaze broke when suddenly Nick spoke.

"Why..?" Emily asked him.

"So that my baby could tease his baby like his father did." Nick said with a smirk looking at Siddharth.

"I will pray that you have a beautiful daughter and I have handsome son like me. Then they both are mine." Siddharth said looking at Nick.

We all look at Siddharth confusingly.

"How..?" Nick finally asked him.

"I will make your daughter marry to my son." Nick's jaw touched the floor and Siddharth is smirking looking at him. I and Emily both put our hands on our mouth to suppress our laugh.

*******

After snacks and coffee Siddharth and Nick went to study to discuss their work and Emily is helping me in a kitchen to put the food in a serving dishes.

"Nick is also possessive like Siddharth sir. I like that but he doesn't know the biggest secret of mine." Emily said while poring the curry in a serving bowl.

"What..?" I asked, looking at her.

"In my initial days as a Siddharth's sir secretary I have a huge crush on him. I only join Kapoor's group, just to see him." She said.

"Really..?" I laughed.

She nodded her head and said, "I mean he is a heartthrob between American girls and your entry in his life, break many girls heart. You are lucky girl."

"I know.." I whispered while lowering  my head and then gave her a small smile.

I know I am so much lucky to have him. I don't care if he had a previous relationships before me or he slept with many girls but now he loves me, only me and this is enough for me to consider myself lucky. I know there is problem between us in past days but this is also the part of marriage life and every couple face that and pass it. I am sure we both also passed this situation.

After that I and Emily set the dinning table for dinner and call Siddharth and Nick for dinner. We all had dinner and Nick didn't stop teasing Siddharth. At Least Nick was successful  bring the smile on his face but I want to be the one to bring a smile on his face.

Nick and Emily leave around 11.00 p.m and after that Siddharth went to our bedroom and I came to kitchen to clean it. Well Emily already helped me by washing the dishes, I am just putting the leftover food in the fridge.

I was putting the leftover food in the fridge when Siddharth walked inside the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out a water bottle. I still didn't talk to him about my job interviews and It's already night. I have to ask him right now.

"Siddharth..." I called him.

"Hmmm..." He hummed because he was drinking the water.

"I want to ask you something." I said while fledging with my fingers.

"You can ask me anything,  Preeti." He said while putting the glass in sink and turn to me.

"I want to do a job." I said looking at him.

"Okey, you can come with me to the office tomorrow. You have experienced in accounts field so I think accountant job is best for you." He said while shrugging his shoulders.

No I can't work in his company because everyone knows me there that I am the wife of C.E.O. and what if anyone recognize me that I was the same girl of that day. I can't take the risk.

"No, I mean I already applied for the accountant job in other financial companies and they called me for a interview tomorrow." I said looking at him but when he didn't say anything and give me a look to continue and give a explanation that why do I not want to join his company.

"I don't have a problem to work in your company but there everyone knows that I am your wife and they gave me special treatment. They didn't point out my mistakes and I can't grow my skills there. I know, it was my decision to be a housewife but I want to do job now. I should've told you this before but I didn't get a chance to tell you." I said in a one breath and bent down my head, waiting for him to say anything.

He took a step towards me and raise my face by my chin but my eyelids are still down. I don't  have a courage to look into his eyes.

"Preeti...look at me." He whispered underneath his breath.

I slowly lifted up my eyelids and looked into his deep coffee brown eyes.

"Preeti I know you wants to take care of me by being a housewife but at the the same time I want you to be independent. No matter if you work for my company or any other company, You can work wherever you want. I will always support you and you can still take care of me and this house even while working. I will tell Andrew to accompany you at you interview place." He whispered while caressing my cheek lovingly.

I looked at him with so much love and respect. I know he is disturb what happened in past days and blocked everyone to reach him but he never blamed me for anything and took care of me. We both keep looking each other with so much love and emotions and I want time to stop and we both lost in eachother.

His eyes fell on my lips and he leaned down. I closed my eyes in anticipation. It's been a while since he kissed me and I am really missing his touch.

He slide down his hands from my shoulder to my waist and pull me closer to him and I put my both hands on his shoulder to balance myself with a sudden pull. He decrease the distance between us and I can feel his hot breath on my lips.

As our lips about to touch I lost the warmth of his body. I no more feel his hot breath on my lips. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was looking at me with guilt and pain.

"Sorry..I can't.." saying this he walked out from the kitchen and I was stood there dumb founded.

Tears welled up in my eyes. I was feeling the hurt pain and rejected at the same time. He is no more wants to touch me or love me.

After calming down myself when I came to our room Siddharth was already lying on bed, pretending to be sleep. After changing my clothes I also laid on bed and as usual Siddharth turn and face his back on my. Tears welled up in my eyes looking at his ignorance towards me. I know he is hurt and I want to console him but he is pushing me away and I was afraid that he wouldn't push me that much far that it will hard for me to reach him again.

........................................................................

I hope you like the chapter.

I know I updated late but I didn't know what to write and I don't want to write something rubbish. So I took my time to write this chapter.

I know some readers didn't like my book or the way it's going. I just want yo sat that marriage like is not all about lovey-dovey things. Couples face so many problems during their marriage life and I just want to show a little part of it.

But I assure you guys when you read this book in one go after it's completion you will like it.

Please If you really like it then do votes and comments also share your views about the chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

657K 35.2K 41
COMPLETED✅ #1 on indian on 23/3/21 #1 on care on 25/5/21 #1 on india #1 on together on 10/10/21 #1 on apart Veer Singhania. A self made billionaire...
2.6M 153K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
3.6M 130K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
1.2M 49.5K 48
What happens when in revenge you hack a system and ultimately it leads in your unexpected marriage?? Catch the story of Naina Sharma- The Hacker and...