Wish you were sober - Kuroken

By Iamquitedumb

Kenma's going to Kuroos college. Fun right? Except when Kuroo gets drunk and slips out some stuff. More

Tiny Author note sorry.
...
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
~
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
e p i l o g u e
BRUH
YO
UH HEY
okay.
MAYBE NEW FF IDEA? I DON'T KNOW
I'M WRITING IT

Chapter 1

21.8K 496 1.5K
By Iamquitedumb

So I'm starting from the way beginning.
- Author

Kenma POV:

"Kenmaaaaaaa" I looked up from my game to see Kuroo with his signature bedhead and a big smile on his face. It was almost the end of summer and the sunset shined from behind him.

"What do you want Kuroo" I mumbled while giving him my "you just made me pause my game feel my wrath" look. It's not like I'm not thankful for him. I am. I mean he was my only friend unless you count Shoyo and Akaashi.

I'm not really the social type. But Kuroo went all out of his way to hang out with me and to play volleyball with me. So we grew to be friends I guess.

"Are you not excited?!" Kuroo had left a year ago for college and I got accepted into the same one. I wasn't that excited I mean, college just meant more work.

"Sure." I said sarcastically and unpaused my game and continued playing.

"buzzkill"

"bedhead."

"You take that back! It takes time to look this good"

"Sorry can't hear you" He made a little hmph sound and went back to packing my clothes. I just sat in the bed watching.

He liked doing that type of stuff for me. Why? I had no clue. About half an hour ago, he just rushed into my room and said "WE ARE PACKING!" and then started folding my stuff and putting it in my suitcase.  Not that I was complaining. I mean he did volunteer to do it. And I'm way too lazy.

I decided to help him a bit and we finished packing by dinner.

"Kuroo nii-chan!" My little brother jumped onto Kuroo clinging onto his body.

"Riku get off of Kuroo"

"It's fine," Kuroo said, pulling my brother up into a piggyback ride. He smirked. "Let's go on a ride" Then, he started running around the living room.

"WOOO" Riku pumped his fist up. Kuroo dropped him onto the couch as I walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing home? I thought you were going with Mom and Dad" I asked Riku.

"Eh. Decided to stay home. Plus I want Kuroo nii to teach me some volleyball moves!"

"Hmph and I can't?"

" I wanna be a wing-spiker like him!" I knew he looked up to Kuroo but..

"Ooh Kenma are you jealous?" Kuroo teased while poking his finger on my shoulder

"Shut up."

"Soo what's for dinner?" Riku asked. Right. I have to make dinner.

"I was thinking pasta" Kuroo said.

"Kuroo if you even try to step into the kitchen I swear-"

"Relax I learned a bit of cooking in college."

"Doubt that" I mumbled.

"Huh? What'd you say?" Kuroo said with a hand cupped around his ear.

"Ooh nothing."

"Hmmm." Kuroo walked into the kitchen and took out the pasta, pasta sauce and cheese along with some veggies.

"Kuroo if you ruin the kitchen there will be consequences"

"I won't! I swear!"

"Whatever" I sat on the couch and played my game as Kuroo started making the food. Riku watched carefully and asked if he needed any help. Kuroo smiled and told him what to do. Why does he have to be so hot. I continued playing my game, my knees touching my chest and my arms wrapped around.

After around 20 minutes Kuroo announced that dinner was ready. "I'm scared." I said while walking to the table.

"Oh f-" I covered his mouth before he could say anything else. I knew he was going to tell me to fuck off and my parents would kill me if Riku heard.  He looked at Riku who was too absorbed in the food to notice what was going on then looked back at me. I took my hand off. "Shut up and eat." he corrected himself. I exhaled, served myself and sat down. It didn't look that bad to be honest. Maybe it might taste okay.

Oh Boy was I wrong.

It was the MOST delicious thing I have ever tasted.

"Kuroo how in the actual hell did you manage to learn how to cook." Riku looked at me when I said hell but it's fine. He was in 4th grade. He can handle at least that right?

"uhhhh... I don't know." He smiled and I continued eating. A few moments of silence passed and Riku finished eating. Kuroo started cleaning up while I kept eating.

"So tomorrow I'm driving you to campus right?"

"Uh huh"

"Can Bokuto come too? He's been dying to check out the college every since I've gotten in."

"Uh huh"

"Kozume! are you even listening?" I flinched at the sound of my last name. (yes I researched. His last name is Kozume and his first name is Kenma. Just like how Shoyo is actually Hinata's first name.)

"What?" I looked up to see a very angry Kuroo staring at me with a small dish towel over his shoulder. He groaned.

"I said, can Bokuto come when we go to campus " I was a bit disappointed. I mean it was supposed to be just the two of us. But whatever made him happy really.

"Oh yeah sure." I finished eating and we cleaned the kitchen up and started the dishwasher.

"Okay, Imma head, see you tomorrow! And I will wake you up." Kuroo said, waving as he walked out of the house.

"Okay. Bye" I gave a small wave back as he walked home. We were next door neighbors after all.

I locked the door and went into my room. I threw myself onto my bed and started at the ceiling while setting my volleyball up and down. I heard my phone buzz and I checked to see who it was.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Miss me yet?

Kuroo stole my phone a while back and changed his name. I never had the energy to change it back so I just left it.

Me-

Nope.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Aww I bet you do.

I rolled my eyes.

Me-

Hate to hurt your feelings Kuroo but

Actually.

I don't mind hurting your feelings.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Harsh Kitten.

Me-

How many times have I told you not to call me that.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Many. But that doesnt mean I'll listen.

Me-

*doesn't

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Oh whatever.

Me-

I'm showering. Goodnight.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

buttt your still on your bed

Me-

*you're.

And how would you know?

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

ummm. Our rooms are right next to each other?

and stop correcting me it's annoying

I mentally slapped myself. I looked up to see Kuroo smiling at me from his window. I got up, closed the blinds and texted him.

You-

I'm actually showering now. Night Kuro.

The BEAST known as Kuroo-

Hey!

That's the first time you've used that nickname over text!

You-

Goodnight Kuroo.

I walked into the bathroom turned on the shower and played my music. Usually, I would go for a rap type vibe but I was in the Kid Krow mood today. (If you didn't know Kid Krow is an album by Conan Gray and the song "Wish you were Sober" is in the album. ) I played the album on shuffle and got in the shower once the water was hot enough.

I stood in the shower letting the water burn in my skin. I liked hot showers. They were like hugs. Expect not annoying.

I stayed in the shower for some time. But by the time I got out my parents were already home checking on my brother.

"Goodnight Kozume" my dad said.

My dad was the strict type. He used to go through my phone a lot in middle school and in a good amount of high school. He stopped doing it as often by my second year because he trusted me a bit more but he still checked it sometimes. He's the type to have their kids' future planned out for them. That being said, my dad is a bit homophobic. I mean he's fine with me being friends with Kuroo who had come out as bi in high school but they wouldn't be fine with me. I still haven't told them I was bi even though I knew by the start of highschool. I had always thought of coming out Just didn't know how. My mom was the complete opposite. She loved and embraced that type of stuff. Sometimes I even wonder how they got married.

"Goodnight dad" I bowed and went to bed. And by went to bed I mean I stayed up till 3am binge watching anime.

I slept around 5am. I know. I know. "that's bad for you." but I couldn't fall asleep.

WOOO FIRST CHAPTER DONEE

1500 words I think?

Dude. This story is gonna be trash.

Also sorry if there are any errors.

- Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 249 12
This is my first time writing a story so here we are. Hinata transfer to another school in Tokyo because some incidents happen to him at Karasuno. t...
31.1K 1.6K 11
Sehun is stuck with three morons and an angel whilst working on a college project. He doesn't think it can get any worse, until he realizes that the...
5.1K 88 21
♫𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳♫ A kuroken fanfic. I have recently become obsessed with Haikyu and I love Kuroo's and Kenma's friendship and I ship them a lot an...
10.7K 252 25
*Being Edited* Kane has a dark past, a family takes her in off the streets and she becomes close to someone who she considers to be a sister. As they...