Twisted Mercy~ JJ

By happyfeet773

"You see, I've learned a few things in my enchanting, yet slightly repulsive 16 years. As it turns out, the g... More

Cast
full kook
a bitter taste
midsummers
a new perspective
sneaky
not who you thought
enemies
time to fix a friendship
started with a sweater
new territory
a kiss, a diss and a memory
damn fire poker
hospitals & torches
we're about to be rich!
crackhead
what have i done?
retreat, retreat, retreat
one broken boy
you're beautiful
nightmares
trouble on the horizon
lies on lies on lies
they're innocent
pope to the rescue
0 to 100
numb
aftermath
fugitives
the downfall
calm before the storm
citizen to criminal
1 question answered, 10,000 more
the chase
hiding out
homestretch
boat duty
playing with fire
back to when it all began
temporary goodbye
when trouble finally catches up
never a dull moment
downward spiral
the end of an era

time reveals all secrets

4.7K 111 118
By happyfeet773

"Hey, there. What's goin' on?"

Oh no.

Mady clamped her hand over JJ's and he looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"JJ? Mady?" This finally got the blondes attention and he snapped his head upwards to see Rafe walking towards them.

Mady watched Kiara stumble over her own feet and begin walking back to her friends.

"How you guys doin'?" Rafe questioned them as he hopped onto the side of the boat and swung himself carelessly on the side. "Whoo-hoo!"

The sound of whistling behind them changed Mady and JJ's focus, and they fearfully watched as Barry's face appeared around the side of their car.

JJ cleared his throat, and he and Mady backtracked to the middle of the room where they met with Kiara. Both Barry and Rafe were closing in on either side of them.

"Well, well." Barry chirped condescendingly. The next thing they heard was the sound of a gun cocking, and Mady swore her heart dropped into her stomach.

Oh god, oh god, not again.

JJ put his hands up when Barry pointed the gun directly at him and Mady followed his lead when the gun was waved carelessly between the two.

"See, don't think I forgot about you two on the side a' the road."

Rafe came up beside them, and ran his hand along JJ's jaw, which was aggressively shaken off.

"An' ya know how long it gon' take to replace the shit you broke? Huh? Y'all know? Which one a'ya'll did it?" Barry questioned them again.

JJ kept his head facing forward, moving only his eyes to glance at the girl beside him.

Mady on the other hand took another approach, trying to seem innocent. Although, she felt her cheeks flush and she couldn't help but fiddle with her fingers behind her back.

The gun was still held up at them, and he pointed it back and fourth until he realized he wouldn't be getting an answer from them. When he made that revelation, he let a low, bitter chuckle escape him and he nodded his head condescendingly.

"You," Barry spat, turning his attention to the small girl and placing the gun just below the base of her neck. "6 ounces!" He screamed, "6 mothafuckin' ounces! Where is it! Where is it?" His throat was scratchy and the words left his mouth horsely. She stepped backwards slightly to avoid having the barrel of the gun dig any further into her skin.

How does he know it was me?

Mady glanced to her left to see Kiara's face filled with confusion.

Maybe that wasn't the best judgment call.

Barry waved the gun wildly infront of her face and Mady held out her hands.

"Here!" She shouted back. "Here, I got it."

JJ's face curled up with confusion as he watched her curiously, knowing fully well that they'd dumped the entire baggy into the ocean a couple nights prior.

Everyone watched Mady carefully as she reached towards her back pocket, while trying to come up with a plan.

"I got it, I got it." She muttered softly while digging in her back pocket.

"Ah, here!" She finally announced, pulling her hand from her shorts and holding a closed fist between her and Barry.

Just as Barry reached out to grab her wrist, she popped open her empty hand and flashed her middle finger right in his face.

Kiara scoffed painfully, and JJ dropped his head into his hand while they both waited for the painful backlash of her actions.

"That's it you little fuckin-," He hissed as he lunged for her throat.

JJ shoved him hard before he could make impact, and Barry stumbled before pointing the gun between both of the teens heads, causing them to freeze once again.

"Awwww," He chuckled sarcastically. "Protective! How cute a' y'all," He laughed as he got up in JJ's face.

JJ slapped his hand away in response, and made a quick reach for the gun, which sent Barry leaping backwards and pointing the gun at the two again.

"I'll do it! I'll fuckin' shoot y'all right now!" He shouted. "Don't test me!"

Just then, Rafe pushed by them and placed a hand on Barry's shoulder. "Wait, wait, wait." He snarled. "Don't think we ain't know what's goin' on here." He paused for a long moment while he looked between Mady and JJ before finally landing on the blonde.

"Yeah, yeah," Barry mumbled. "This's JJ's lil bitch," He spat.

"You fucked her, didn't you?" Rafe asked in turn, a weird and forced smirk coming to his face.

Mady's eyes widened in shock from
his words, and she felt her face heat up. JJ rocked back and fourth on the balls of his feet and stole a quick glance down at Mady while she avoided anyone's eye contact.

"Yeah, you did!" Rafe shouted as a crooked laugh poured out from his lips. Mady couldn't tell if he was high, or just severely sleep deprived and turning into a psycho with the guilt he was feeling.

"Tell me," Rafe muttered, leaning in the direction of JJ. "Don't you love it when she..." And the rest was cut off as he cupped his lips and whispered into his ear.

Not a second later, JJ had Rafe's collar balled up in his fists, and they were both shouting at eachother. Mady didn't even want to know what he'd said.

"Back the fuck up," Barry threatened, and the boys broke apart.

Kiara trembled as she looked between the two clearly confused, although she wouldn't dare to speak.

Barry bubbled out the fakest laugh as he glared at the red faced girl and JJ, who was struggling to not punch them both in the face.

"I came here for three things," Barry growled. "But since you're wanted now, this gon' be a whole lot easier,"

He flicked his head, motioning for Rafe.

"Put er' in the car," And before anything else could happen, he pointed the gun at JJ. "Now, I want my motherfuckin' money!" He screamed while grabbing the back of the blondes neck, and shoving him to the ground.

"JJ! JJ!" Kie screamed while doing her best to help, although she was shoved off of Barry, and had the gun pointed at her which made it difficult for her to fight.

Rafe wrapped one of his arms around Mady's waist, and despite her struggle, he hoisted her off the ground and dragged her back in the direction of their motorbikes.

Mady kicked and screamed, and Kiara quickly noticed she needed help.

"Rafe!"

"That's what i'm here for!" Barry could be heard shouting at JJ, and Mady managed to twist her body enough to see him on the ground.

With Rafe's freehand, he tried to slap at Kiara, but it was dodged. Mady continued to struggle, kicking her feet and stretching them as far as possible to try and touch ground.

Kiara yanked on Rafes shoulder, which caused him to stumble, then she shoved him hard. He released his grip on Mady slightly, which gave her enough room to wiggle until she met the hard pavement again.

"It's not you we want, Kie! Stay outta this!" Rafe warned her.

She ignored him, and clawed at his forearms until he released his grip on Mady's waist fully, and refocused on her.

He took two large steps in her direction, while she backed up, and shouted. "Now, where's John B?"

"I don't know!" She screamed in response, landing a slap so hard goosebumps rose on Mady's skin.

Atta girl.

"Stay down boy," Barry spat at JJ who lay on the ground. Mady rushed over quickly, hoping to help, but Rafe grabbed a fistful of her hair and yanked her back.

He wrapped his hand around her neck and she slapped and scratched anywhere her fingers could find.

"Mur-," She squeaked out. "-derer."

The sound of JJ and Barry's panting faded from her ears as Rafes face dropped.

"Do they know?" He whispered in a hushed tone while his face was insanely close to the small girl. "Do they know what you did?"

"Murder." She breathed out. "Murderer."

"We both know what'll happen if you end up in cop custody again." He hissed while Mady coughed to try and gain her breath back. "Why don't we tell em' right now."

The next thing she knew, Kiara's fist collided with the side of his head and he dropped his hold on her neck. "That's right!" She shouted. "We know what you did!"

Rafe is right.

He stumbled as he held the side of his face and eventually stood up straight again. "Oh yeah?" He taunted.

Kiara glanced at Mady and she nodded.

"You murdered Peterkin!" She screamed. Kiara's voice was laced with fear but rung out loud and clear. For only a moment, everyone seemed to freeze.

Although she wanted to, Mady couldn't shake what Rafe had said to her. Somehow it hadn't occurred to her before, and she wasn't sure exactly how.

Mady watched JJ and Barry take hard shots at eachother, and cringed at the sounds the impact made. They both groaned continuously, and Barry kept shouting about his money.

Kiara took another shot at Rafe, and Mady kicked him. They double teamed the boy and he bent over coughing up blood. After another shot from Kie, he sprung up and lunged towards her.

Rafe grabbed hold of the necklaces around Kiaras neck and pulled her close. She yelped loudly but he seemed to pull harder. "Don't either of you ever, say those fucking words again." He threatened.

Mady took a swing at him to help her friend, but he blocked it with his arm and shoved her into the metal stacks and old equipment behind them. She smashed her head against something hard, which stopped her from getting up immediately.

"Fuck you, Rafe." She spat. "You're gonna pay for all this."

"Pay for what, Mady? I didn't do it! John B did it. He did it!"

Mady furrowed her eyebrows together while she laid on the pile of scrap.

Kiara continued to yelp, as Rafe replaced his grip to just below her jaw bone.

I'm gonna get arrested and i'm not gonna have anyone to vouch for me. I'll be done for. Folded. Over.

Mady reached up to feel the back of her head, and felt a small pool of blood where her fingers pressed. She looked away from struggling Kie, and watched JJ get socked in the face.

"I won't get it outta her, so i'm gonna ask you again..." Rafe hissed to the girl in front of him. "Where's John B?"

"I don't know!" Kiara screamed.

"Where's John B!"

"I don't know!"

"Where's John B! Huh?"

"I don't know! I don't know!" She cried.

Mady noticed a figure from behind Rafe, and was relieved to see Pope. She sighed deeply and nodded in his direction when he sent her an, 'are you okay' look.

What am I gonna do when they find out?

Mady crawled behind Kiara's feet, and over to JJ who's face was getting pummelled. He lay on the ground, grunting everytime Barry punched him.

She grabbed onto Barry's arm, which-granted- was decided in a split second. He whipped his arm away from her, and grabbed onto her hair. While she grabbed at his hands, he flung her back towards Rafe and Kie and she stumbled and slid across the hard floor.

"Hey!" Barry shouted suddenly.

Mady glanced up to see Pope fighting with Rafe, but this time, Rafe couldn't get a single punch in.

She scurried to her feet, and met with Kie in the middle.

"Hey!" Barry shouted again. "Rafe!" He lifted his shirt and cocked the gun, but JJ grabbed onto his ankle and he dropped to the ground.

"Carter! Kick it!" He shouted.

Mady leaped forward and kicked the gun under the boat.

She took her opportunity to knee Barry in the face while he was bent over, even though his nails dug into her lower leg.

In that time, JJ sprung to his feet, and yanked Barry up as well. Mady watched as he smashed him against the boat, and took multiple shots at him. When Barry's knees gave out, Mady joined JJ's side and kicked him a couple times to help out.

A ruckus broke out behind them, and all Mady could hear was Kiara calling Pope.

When Barry had blood spewing from his lips, JJ and Mady both turned to see him going ham on Rafe.

"Pope!" Kie screamed again.

"Hey, Pope!" JJ shouted as he left Barry on the ground.

"Pope, that's good! Stop!" Kie cried.

Mady turned her back from them for a moment, standing above the boy below her. "Stay the fuck away from us." She hissed, loud enough that only he could hear.

When she turned back around, Pope had some form of tubing wrapped around Rafes neck, and it was clearly stopping his breathing.

"Snap out of it man. Snap out of it dude!" JJ snapped in his face.

"Pope!" Kiara shouted.

"Pope, stop!" Mady tried as she joined Kiara's side.

"Stop, dude!"

"Pope, that's too much!"

Rafe's face was a bright purple, and his eyes were beginning to roll to the back of his head when JJ wrapped his arms around Pope from behind.

"Dude, come on! Stop! Stop, dude!"

"Pope! Get off!" Kie cried.

Rafe grunted, and everyone shouted so loudly that it all blurred together.

Pope's face was blank of emotion, and his eyes were empty. He was acting in pure rage.

"Let go!"

Mady watched silently as Rafe's eyes landed on her. He watched her the entire time, even while he clawed at Pope to release him. He was taunting her somehow. He knows.

Mady tried so hard, but she couldn't force herself to look away.

"Look at me!"

Rafe dropped to the ground and Pope stood above him hyperventilating. He stared directly at Kie and held his hands out in disbelief.

"Shit. Oh, shit." JJ mumbled as he and Mady made nervous eye contact.

Pope stared at his hands as if he couldn't believe what they'd just done.

"It's okay," Kie breathed out.

Rafe coughed on the ground, and his eyes were shut now. He was no longer looking at Mady.

"Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go." Kiara muttered in a panicked tone.

She turned towards the boat and car, and JJ followed after.

Mady stood in her place and watched Pope snarl above a bloody bodied Rafe.

"Stay off the cut." He hissed, before turning towards the car that had just been started.

Mady took one step towards Rafe, and he met her eyes from the floor.

"Next time I see you better be from jail," She spat.

Rafe sputtered and coughed as the blood trickled down his throat.

"Mady!" Someone from the car shouted and she turned to walk away.

She stole one last look at the bloody boy before beginning her walk to the car as thunder rumbled outside.

Her whole body ached, and there was still a small amount of blood trickling out from the wound on her head.

Just before she pulled open the car door, she heard Rafe slowly wheeze something out.

"I could say the same for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 7.4K 37
IN WHICH a runaway finds her safe haven extended description inside → season one ← → book one ← (...outer banks x fem oc) (...john b x fem oc ) ©app...
132K 1.5K 62
"And lastly, that's Madison, or Mads, my little sister who is also trying to climb up the broken lifeguard tower. We're only a year apart. When she's...
8.2K 301 35
Gina Miller is an extroverted, tough-talking and rather rebellious girl. She loves to do crazy things with her friends "The Pogues" and her beloved b...
542K 17.9K 35
i shut my eyes and all the world drops dead. j. maybank x fem!oc outer banks, season one