Best Thing that I've Got (A C...

By livelovefanfics

I'm Maddie. My parents abandoned me on the streets when I turned 13. I'm 16 years old now. I'm extremely luck... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Epilouge
Thank You!

Chapter Nineteen

2.4K 49 1
By livelovefanfics

I wake up Friday morning and decide to wear something sort of nice. I choose a floral high waisted skirt and a black long sleeve shirt. I pair it with black pumps.

I go downstairs and I'm surprised to see Cameron. I thought he had football.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I decided to stay with you today." He smiles. He hands me a plate off eggs and bacon.

"I made it myself" He smiles.

I nod and laugh a bit.

"And I hate cooking, I'm horrible" He adds.

"So, should I eat this?" I laugh.

"It should be fine." He laughs along. He takes a bite out of bacon and nods. "I think it's fine"

I giggle and take a forkful of eggs. It actually is really good.

When we're done eating, we get in his car and head to school.

We separate and I go to my first class. To my surprise, Claire sits next to me.

"I'll explain later" She whispers before class starts.

I swear that at that moment, nothing can wipe the smile off of my face. I don't feel alone anymore.

We sit together during all our classes, hardly talking, but I don't mind. I know she's not mad at me anymore and I'm so happy.

We go to lunch and sit together. "Okay now let me explain" she says after swallowing a huge bite of her hamburger.

I nod waiting anxiously as she slowly takes another bite.

"Well, I thought about everything that happened, and I realize I have no right to be mad at you. If anyone should be mad, you should. I completely over reacted. I imagined if I had a secret like that and realized that I wouldn't really... well want to tell anyone either. Even if it was my best friend."

I smile and hug her. I'm glad we can be friends again.

I begin eating my hamburger while Claire almost finishes hers.

When Claire goes to throw her plate away, Lucas comes behind me.

"You haven't been on the bus in a while" He smiles at me.

"I uh, I, Cameron's been home." I stutter because of how attractive he is.

"Oh, well are we still on for our date tonight?"

I completely forgot about that. I thought he wouldn't even want to go after what I said, I thought he's judge me like everyone else.

"Um, Yeah sure." I smile nervously.

"You don't sound so sure" He winks.

"I-" I start but I'm cut off by a giggly voice.

"Lukie!" Taylor yells to Lucas.

"Tay, uh, this is-"

"Maddie" She says in a harsh tone rolling her eyes.

"I forgot you knew each other..." He says

"I wish I didn't" She smirks at me.

I roll my eyes at her. "I'm sure" I change my expression to a smile towards Lucas. He smiles back while Taylor glares at us.

"Well, see you tonight?" Lucas asks.

I nod. "See you tonight"

He walks away smiling with Taylor who still has a dirty look plastered on her face.

I decide to ignore it. Claire comes back and we decide to go to our lockers.

"What was that about?" She asks as were on our way.

"Uh, well I have a date with him tonight." I say quietly.

"A date!?" She exclaims.

"Shh!" I scold her.

"Sorry." She giggles.

"Well yeah, I do, but I think Taylor has a thing for him now."

"Oh." She says quietly.

We arrive at our next class and the conversation is over. The rest of the school day flies by, and before I know it, I'm being driven home by Cameron.

"So, what do you plan on doing tonight?" Cameron asks as we near the house.

"Well, I have a date."

"A date?" He asks, his eyes widening.

I nod.

"With who?" He asks.

"Lucas."

"That guy from the bus?"

"Yeah" I respond. I'm wondering why he's acting so weird.

"Where is it?"

"Not sure"

"Your going on a date with some guy and you don't even know where your going?!" He asks.

"Why are you acting so weird?"

"I'm not!" He yells.

"What's wrong with me going on a date?"

"I just don't like that guy." He sighs.

He pulls up into the driveway.

"Well you better go get ready."

I get out of the car and slam the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 211 33
19 year old Alexandra is a rich girl with the ownership of seven different companies. However, she had never felt loved since she was ten when a car...
405 14 31
THIS BOOK WILL HAVE VIOLENCE, SELFHARM, STRONG LANGUAGE (ECT)! SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. 14 year old Skyla recently moved to Omaha, Nebraska to...
32.4K 392 54
{COMPLETED OCTOBER 10,2019} Alex is a 15 yr. old girl who has been abused by her father and mother and eventually taken away by the CPS and placed in...
155K 3K 30
This is a story about a girl named Jessica she is 13 year old she has been in the orphanage since she was 4 and has never been adopted. But this is...