Chapter Eight

I wake up to the sound of Gina yelling "I'm home!" I take the ice off my face and run to check the mirror. The swelling went down a bit.

I exit my room and knock on Cameron's door. He doesn't answer. I knock harder the next time. Still no answer. I decide to slowly open the door. I find him sitting on his bed with his headphones on. I tap him and he turns to me surprised. He takes his headphones off.

"Don't sneak up on me like that! What if I was changing or something!" He says.

I laugh at him. "What do you need?" He asks.

"Your moms home... when are we gonna explain... you know" I stutter.

He bites down on his lip. "Now, I guess?" He asks. I nod and he leads me downstairs.

We walk into the living room and find Gina texting on the couch. She smiles at her phone. Cameron clears his throat and she looks up. Her expression immediately changes when she sees me.

"What happened?" She asks. Her lips are in a straight line and her eyebrows are raised.

I tell her the whole story. When I'm done she closes her eyes and stands up.

"I knew this wasn't a good idea." She says firmly. Tears fill my eyes.

"I'll go and pack my bags now." I manage to choke out.

Cameron shakes his head while Gina looks at me.

"I didn't mean you. I meant that you going to school was a bad idea. And of course it was this Taylor girl. I never liked her."

I let out a breath of relief and I hear Cameron let one out too.

"Well how about you stay home tomorrow and I'll sort things out with the principal."

I nod. Cameron adds, "Can I stay home too? Maybe show her around the city?"

Gina looks deep in thought. But finally, she says yes.

Cameron looks at me and smiles. I smile too. I'm excited. We go upstairs together. He tells me goodnight and goes in his room. I do the same, wash up, then lie in bed on my phone until I drift off to sleep.

A/N: Happy Late Thanksgiving!! -- Sorry this chapter was so short. I'm really tired and I didn't know what to write. --Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter.