Lycans Of The Woods

By Victoriously321

It has been many years since Lycans revealed themselves to the world. Many humans have had difficulty adjusti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 44

25.3K 1K 10
By Victoriously321

So after some thinking, and reading of comments, I've decided to come back and write on Wattpad. There were things regarding the breach that I didn't know beforehand, and I'm thankful to be explained of it. This book is still completed on Inkitt, and I will continue to write on there as well, but I will also continue updating here. Thanks to those who supported me throughout the time I took to make a decision.

This chapter has a lot of information but I think it's important for the story and what had happened in the past. I hope it's understandable, but if there are some aspects that you don't understand, feel free to leave a comment and I'll edit or explain when I can. Thanks for reading. 💕

***********************

I was pushing around a piece of what Hannes called 'french toast' on a plate, half-listening to the sounds of Hannes lifting and resting down a glass of water every now and then as he drank from it.

My stomach was full of the hearty breakfast he'd made us, and just as I'd almost finished it, my mind had begun to drift to what I had read in the newspaper.

Suddenly, the noises from Hannes' movements stopped, and when I dragged my gaze from my plate, I saw that he had settled down his glass, and was watching me and appearing to be...waiting. I straightened in the chair, body shuddering when the back of my shoulders grazed the cold furniture.

"Have you heard about what happened in the North?" I asked, wiping my hands against a napkin, and then scrunching it up as Hannes nodded.

"A pack demanded that the people of JillenTown leave, yes?"

"They forced them. Not demanded," I corrected quickly, and then questioned. "Have any lycans said anything against what they did? Have any lycans ever tried to step in and explain to those who have been ruthlessly driving out humans from villages and towns that what they have been doing for many years is wrong?"

Hannes' eyebrows furrowed as he noticed the bite in my voice, and I inhaled deeply, deciding to focus my gaze on the scrunched napkin in my hand as I muttered, "Just curious is all."

"There are steps that some alphas and myself do to dissuade packs from going to further towns and repeating their actions," Hannes finally said. My eyes lifted to his face as he carried on explaining, his expression giving little away of what he thought, "Discussions are held twice a month with packs, particularly with those who have forced humans out of their homes and we believe may have intentions of going to other towns and doing so again. However, in the cases with the lycans who have imprisoned humans who fought against what was happening in the towns, Riggs and myself often see it necessary that we step in and do what we can to set them free. It is not a quick process, and lengthy conversations are held beforehand with the alphas and lunas of the packs."

"Regarding the lycans who have murdered humans throughout their quest to gain territory or control of villages or towns, it is difficult for Riggs and I to try and convince the lycans that what they did was wrong. They are blinded with their need for power and control, and care little for the lives of humans." Hannes rubbed a hand against his jaw and eyed me.

"Riggs and I, along with several other alphas, including Nicholas, have considered battling them on behalf or with the humans. However, the majority of said humans who managed to leave the towns safely, dislike the mere thought of our assistance, and would rather not cooperate."  

He shrugged a broad shoulder. "The majority of those humans have also vehemently voiced their disgust of us lycans simply because of who we are, and trying to convince lycans to fight for persons who speak of us in such a repulsive manner would be difficult. Nonetheless, a few packs have offered the humans to live with them temporarily, but many refuse."

My fingers went back to twisting and squeezing the napkin as I absorbed Hannes' words.

He had said many things which I did not expect, and I could not hide my surprise. "Why did you come to the Klawmoon pack?" I asked abruptly. I dropped the napkin on the table, and rolled it between my palms instead, all the while trying to soothe the upwelling of emotions. "Is it because you found out about humans being imprisoned?"

Hannes grimaced, and shifted in his chair. "No. We did not know of humans being imprisoned until after we got there. The Klawmoon pack had been threatening my own for a while. Talks of the Klawmoon pack's intentions of slaying us all because of them wanting to seize the territory of my own pack and because of the fact that I had declared them enemies for issuing threats directed our way, had reached us. We ambushed their pack, and killed those who fought back. Lilith had been the one to discover the prison and had led us there, where I found the humans. Where I found you."

Hannes looked at me for several seconds and then his gaze lingered on the napkin being rolled in my hands. I cleared my throat.

"There was something else I was wondering about as well," I said after a long pause and watching Hannes fold his arms across his chest, resting back in his chair.

"Go ahead." He gently urged.

"You said that your father had been called to the town which my family and I had eventually fled to de-escalate the violence, right?" At Hannes' slow nod, I pressed on,

"There were several warriors of your pack which I remembered chasing my family and myself, and it looked like they had full intentions of killing us."

"How are you so certain that they were a part of my pack?"

"Your uniform has the same symbol in which theirs did."

Hannes nodded, and then his expression shifted, realization slowly softening his features. He probably recalled my reaction a few days after I'd been brought here and had caught sight of him in his uniform.

I asked, "Would I be correct in assuming that your father had also done what you did, regarding the holding of meetings monthly with various packs and disapproving of what they did to humans?"

Hannes suddenly leaned forward, startling me and I watched as his hand covered my own, halting the nervous action of me playing with the now mostly tattered napkin. Thinking about past events or anything to do with lycans harming humans was difficult, and speaking about it was even more so challenging.

"Calm." Hannes' voice was guttural, and the single word seemed to ease the tension in my shoulders. The bond seemed to thrum between us and I nodded.

"From what I was told by my mother when I was younger, my father and warriors had came to the town after hearing of what had been happening. By then, many of the humans who had once lived in the town had been driven out, and protestors, like your parents, were already there. My father had attempted to have a civil interaction with the protestors, but some of the lycans who had occupied the town decided to attack the humans. The humans not only fought them back, but also eventually attacked my pack's warriors. My father and the warriors had no choice but to try to defend themselves. Things got out of hand quickly and it had became chaotic." His honey-colored eyes searched my own. "Do you remember any of this?"

My eyes lowered to his hand which continued to rest over my own. I did recall my parents, under the urgings of other protestors, entering the town. The actions of protesting had been planned beforehand.

Like Hannes had stated, most of the humans had left since the lycans had forced them too, although some lingered and joined us in the protests as well.

I barely remembered the arrival of those who I now know to be from Hannes' pack, as my attention had been focused on the lycans in the towns who'd been watching us from stores or buildings, anger clouding most of their faces, whilst some had already chosen to advance towards us further.

Before the warriors of the Wildeland Pack had came, light physical interactions between humans and the lycans who'd driven others from towns had begun to occur.

My attention had snapped back to what was happening when the lycans from the town, the warriors and protestors had begun fighting, and it was then that my mother had swooped me up and began running, with my father ahead.

It was only after we'd left the town safely, that I overheard a conversation between my father and mother that an alpha had been killed.

I told this to Hannes, who nodded. "Right. Regarding why some of the warriors chose to pursue your family in particular, it is possible that Anabelle could have commanded that they do so. She'd seen you and your family leaving, and perhaps wanted you all dead."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, withdrawing my hand from under Hannes to rub at my face. The combination of the french toasts that I'd recently eaten and the lingering feelings of shock was making my stomach twist.

"Wow." I eventually managed, standing and grabbing my empty plate. Hannes did as well, abruptly so, and I gazed at him as he looked down at me cautiously. The fingers by his side curled into fists and he used his knuckles to rub at his chin as he told me,

"If there is anything else you'd like to speak to me about, feel free to," Hannes took my plate from my hands and lifted his own empty one as well. I nodded, delving my fingers into my pockets and trailing behind him as he walked to the kitchen.

"I don't think I've ever heard you talk so much." I muttered, half-sarcastically as he washed the plates. Hannes simply looked at me over his shoulder, before turning away, saying nothing. I rested beside him, back pressing against the counter and head angled towards his own so I could see his face clearly.

The soft smile on his lips made my stomach warm.

"Elle, Henri and Frederick will be coming shortly." Hannes finally placed away the plates when he was finished, and he turned towards me, bracing his hands on the counter top and keeping me between him and the counter.

His proximity made my mind stutter for a few seconds and I struggled to keep my gaze away from his lips. A knowing look arose in his eyes, and I straightened, pressing my palms against his chest and urging him backwards when a knock came from the door.

But Hannes caught my wrists with one of his hands, and I barely had time to breathe a word before he pressed his lips briefly against mine.

********
I accidentally posted the wrong chapter earlier, oops! This is the right one.
I will be updating again soon.
Chapters 45-65 are available on Inkitt for free! The link to read them is in my bio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 1.3K 36
Their love started in a cave.
62.4K 2.7K 13
Yoongi wakes up to a small homeless child looking up at him after he opened his door.
444K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
505K 19.4K 38
Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital. He hates the place and all he wants to...