Note Buddies (A Tanaka x Read...

By toast_loves_frogs

(L/n), (F/n), a second year, just got back from studying abroad and enrolled at Karasuno High School, where s... More

Introduction?
Chapter One- Late
Chapter Two- Greetings
Chapter Three- Female Encounter
Chapter Four- Meeting The Team
Chapter Five- Surprise
Chapter Six- Little Bro
Chapter Seven- Simp
Chapter Eight- Training Camp
Chapter Nine- Reunion
Chapter Ten- Master Plan
Chapter Eleven- Lunch Time!
Chapter Twelve- Realization
Chapter Thirteen- Awkward
Chapter Fourteen- Bus Naps
Chapter Fifteen- Encouragement
Chapter Sixteen- Comfort
Chapter Seventeen- Panic
Chapter Eighteen- Nerves
Chapter Nineteen- Blushing
Chapter Twenty- Forget
Chapter Twenty One- Sleepover
Chapter Twenty Two- Wake Up
Chapter Twenty Three- Sprint
Chapter Twenty Five- Let Go
Chapter Twenty Six- Protect
Chapter Twenty Seven- Chaos and Conflict
Chapter Twenty Eight- Movie Night
Chapter Twenty Nine- Alarm
Chapter Thirty- Evening Walk
Chapter Thirty One- Small Secret
Chapter Thirty Two- Let's Play
Chapter Thirty Three- Final Day
Chapter Thirty Four- Mine
Chapter Thirty Five- Sisters
Chapter Thirty Six- Grocery Shopping
Chapter Thirty Seven- Exposure
Chapter Thirty Eight- Payback
Chapter Thirty Nine- Game Over
Chapter Forty- Waiting
Chapter Fourty One- Nosebleed
Chapter Forty Two- Crazy Saeko
Chapter Forty Three- Unbreakable Bonds
Chapter Forty Four- Observation
Chapter Forty Five- Anxiety
Chapter Forty Six- Kisses
Chapter Forty Seven- Redemption
Chapter Forty Eight- Out
Chapter Forty Nine- Second Set
Chapter Fifty- Tension
Chapter Fifty One- More
Chapter Fifty Two- Credit
Chapter Fifty Three- Win
Chapter Fifty Four- Ideas
Chapter Fifty Five- Siblings
Chapter Fifty Six- Noodles
Chapter Fifty Seven- Directions
Chapter Fifty Eight- Colours
Chapter Fifty Nine- Rain
Chapter Sixty- Notes
Epilogue- I Love You
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Four- Date

11.2K 397 738
By toast_loves_frogs

When (Y/n) opened the door, her eyes widened a little bit. In front of her, was her boyfriend, wearing something other than gym clothes, or his uniform.

  He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a black and white striped shirt, and a leather jacket to tie the look together. (I threw in the jacket because, let's be honest, it's something he'd do.) What he was wearing, fit the description of what he told (Y/n) to wear: Nice, but not too fancy.

"Uhm... hi?" He said, uncertainty layered in his tone. Him, and Noya spent so much time planning the actual date, that he never really thought about what to say.

"Hi!" (Y/n) replied cheerfully, flashing her signature bright smile. Tanaka suddenly felt very nervous, blushing when the girl smiled.

  "S-should we go then?" He asked, stepping out of the way for the girl. (Y/n) locked the door, jumping down the stairs.

  "Yup!" She said, not feeling the least bit nervous, which confused Tanaka. "What happened to the (Y/n) that was flustered at just the thought of a date?" He asked.

  (Y/n) thought about this as they walked to an unknown destination. "I don't know actually..." She said, looking over at Tanaka, who was a blushing mess. "but it seems like you're pretty nervous." She teased.

  The girl then gasped dramatically. "Don't tell me... Is this your first date?!" She asked, bursting into laughter.

  "Y-yeah it is! Stop laughing!" Tanaka yelled, slightly elbowing (Y/n) while still turning red.

  (Y/n) stopped laughing abruptly. "Wait, it actually is? I don't know how, you're pretty great." She said, speaking her mind."

  "T-thanks?" The boy said, before realizing where they were. "Oh! We're here!" He said stopping.

  Tanaka ran ahead of (Y/n), and stood like he was showing off a new car, with jazz hands, and everything. "Our first destination! The farmers market!" He yelled.

(Y/n)'s eyes lit up, because she had always loved the farmer's market, and the fact that Tanaka has made that observation, made her heart swell.

  The girl ran up to her boyfriend, kissing his cheek, before intertwined her hand with his. "Thank you!" She said, her smile growing even wider.

  "Don't thank me yet! This is only the first stop!" Tanaka said, glad that the first part of the plan was a success.

  They walked around for an hour, or so, checking out as many stands as possible. (Y/n) was wandering around, when she realized that Tanaka was no longer beside her.

  "RYU?! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" She yelled, receiving a collection of judgmental looks from bystanders.

  This girl then felt a tap on her shoulder, making her jump. She turned around, and saw Tanaka standing there. It was obvious he was trying not to laugh, but failed in the end.

  His laughing was cut off when he felt a fist connect with his arm. "OW!" He shouted grabbing his sore arm.

  "You fucking scared me!" (Y/n) yelled. Though she was angry, she pulled the boy into a hug. This made Tanaka feel bad, and he pulled the girl closer.

  "I'm sorry. I had an important phone call." He explained. "It's okay. Sorry for punching you." She said, pulling away.

  "Eh, it's whatever. Nothing I can't handle." He said, brushing it off. (Y/n) then raised a fist, as if she was going to punch him again. When Tanaka flinched, the girl laughed. "Right."

  "Anyways, it's time for our next destination, let's go!" The boy said, grabbing the girls hand, and practically dragged her away from the farmers market.

  It was around three in the afternoon, so Tanaka lead (Y/n) to an ice cream parlour. So far he had taken the girl to two of her favourite places.

  They went inside, and ordered. (Y/n) had forced Tanaka to split the bill, because she didn't want him paying for everything.

  The couple sat outside eating their ice cream, when Tanaka got yet another phone call. He stood up, and walked away, out of earshot from (Y/n).

  'Another phone call? What the fuck?! What's so important that he has to answer it on our date?' She groaned internally.

  She awoke from her thoughts when she noticed that Tanaka was walking back to her. "Sorry about that." He said, scratching the back of his head.

  "Who was it?" (Y/n) asked, curious as to who kept interrupting her Tanaka time.

  "Hmm? Oh, it was just my mom checking in." He said, though his body language showed otherwise.

  "Mhm, okay." (Y/n) said, not wanting dwell on it too much. She didn't want to ruin their first official date by becoming paranoid.

  The two of them finished their ice creams, and wandered over to a park nearby, walking around, and just talking for a few hours.

  It was five o'clock when Tanaka began to lead (Y/n) out to the park.

  "Where are we going now?" She asked as her boyfriend directed her with his hand covering her eyes.

  "The final destination." He simply replied, careful to make sure the girl doesn't fall.

  (Y/n) walked blindly with the boy for ten minutes, before she heard a familiar sounding door being opened.

  "Are you ready?" Tanaka asked the girl, who nodded in response. He took his hands off of the girls eyes. What she saw made her gasp.

  They were standing in the gym that the team uses for volleyball practice. In the middle of the gym, was a small table, dressed up to look like one in a fancy restaurant.

  Around the table, there were rose petals scattered everywhere, which almost made (Y/n) laugh. 'Noya must have helped plan this. These two idiots.'

  (Y/n) looked over to Tanaka, who was blushing like crazy. "Did you do this all for me?" She asked. The boy nodded, and explained that Noya had helped him plan it all, and that's why he was getting the phone calls.

  "Awww" (Y/n) said, pulling the boy into a hug. Just then, the gym door opened again, revealing a bunch of the team members, who were wearing black pants, white shirts, and little black bow ties.

  (Y/n) covered her mouth to stop from both laughing, and crying. She wondered how Noya, and Tanaka has managed to pull this off in just a matter of hours.

  "Table for two?" The whole team asked in unison, making (Y/n) laugh, while nodding. It was obvious they had been practicing this for most of the afternoon.

  Suga, and Hinata escorted the two to their table, Hinata talking most of the time about who knows what.

  The couple sat down, (Y/n) teasing Tanaka for doing all of this for her. "You know it didn't have to be this kind of date. We could've just gone to the farmer's market, and I still would've been happy." She said.

  "I know..." Tanaka began. It seemed like he was searching for the right words. "but I wanted to make our first date special. Especially because... I love you!" He explained.

  For the first time throughout the whole date, (Y/n) was the one blushing. She covered her face, which was turning redder by the second. "I-I love you too!" She practically yelled.

  The two heard laughing coming from outside the gym, where the volleyball club members were standing.

  "OI SHUT UP!" Tanaka yelled, causing it to go quiet.

  The rest of the evening was amazing. They were served food which was prepared by the volleyball members. It surprisingly wasn't bad, probably because the third years were the ones in charge of cooking.

  (Y/n), and Tanaka thanked everyone who had helped out, and began to walk in the direction of (Y/n)'s house.

  When they arrived, (Y/n) pulled Tanaka into a passionate kiss, as a thank you for the day. They pulled away after a while, both of their faces red.

  "Thank you," (Y/n) said, burying her face in the boys chest. "for the best date ever."

  Tanaka pulled away, looking into the girls (e/c) eyes. "I have one more thing for you." He said, reaching into his pocket.

  He pulled out a sunflower necklace, with a silver chain. "I saw it at the farmer's market when I was on the phone with Noya. I thought it would suit you." He said as he put it around the girls neck.

  "Ryu, it's beautiful!" (Y/n) said, thanking him again.

  "I'll see you at school on Monday okay?" He said, before the girl walked into her house. (Y/n) nodded in response, waving one last time, before closing the door.

  The moment the door was closed, (Y/n) ran up to her room, feeling like she might explode. She flopped onto her bed.

  'Aaaand his stuff is still here.'  She thought, huffing, before rolling off the bed. She went over to her window that overlooked the street. The girl could still see Tanaka in the distance, who was jumping, and pumping his fists in the air.

  'What an idiot...' She thought, as she got ready for bed. She crawled under the covers, exhausted from the days events.

  'but he's my idiot.' She said in her mind, before drifting off to sleep.

———————————————————————————

  Jesus fuck that took so long to write. It's currently 2 a.m and I am sleep deprived as fuck.

And now my mouth hurts and I have a lisp that my brother makes fun of.

  Bye bye now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 6.6K 37
A Haikyu! Kagehina fanfic Kageyama and Hinata have liked each other for a long time. They've never told each other, but what happens when a myster...
4.4K 131 16
A journalist finds their way to the Karasuno Volleyball Club, not expecting to make friends. So what does she do when she starts fitting in with the...
255K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...
286K 8.1K 24
(Y/N) is a second year at Fukurodani High school, and on their girls volleyball team. She's very good at what she does, she can play almost every pos...