My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

By queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... More

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 21.

2K 104 5
By queensofsupreme

Elijah's POV.

I kept distracting myself the whole day by working. I hate the fact I am the one that wants to call Annette when she left me. I checked my phone but there was no missed call or a message from her.

"Sir." Kathleen came in the room. "Do you mind if I ask you something?" 

"Well, I need your help so you can ask me anything." I replied and she took a seat.

"Sir, what will you wear tonight?" She is definitely weird, no wonder Anne hates her.

"Um." Annette always used to help me decide so I will just go with something simple I guess. "I think a maroon suit or black."

"So will this match, sir?" She gave me her phone. 

"Red dresses, are not my thing." I said, looking at the picture. "You wouldn't look good on a red dress, wear a black one." I smiled at her. "Now tell me, what do girls hate the most?"

"Annoying people." 

"Annette likes that." I replied. "Something else?"

"You want to know what Annette hates the most?" She asked and I nod her head. "Look at her social media accounts, you will definitely find something." She got up. 

"That is a good idea." I said and she left. "I should've asked Kathleen for Annette's username. I can't believe I don't follow her. 

There has to be someone in this world that knows Annette better than me except for her parents. I really want to send this surprise to her before tonight so she can call me and apologize.

Me: Meghan, what does Annette hate the most.

I waited for her reply. I could ask Oliver but he never keeps his mouth shut. He will tell Annette everything.

Meghan: Well, you asked me this same question in high school and college.

Me: Just tell me.

Meghan: She hates Clowns because she is scared of them. She also hates sunflowers and roses because of a personal reason.

Me: Thanks.

I quickly called Adrian.

"Adrian Knight speaking, how can I help you Mr Carson?"

"You with your girlfriends or something?" I asked.

"Naah, I am practicing for tonights mission so talk to me. What do you want?"

"I have a lot to do so can you please order sunflowers for Annette and send it to her."

"Are you crazy?" He asked. "Your parents anniversary is around the corner and you not planning a surprise party for them? I am glad you are not my son."

"Hey asshole, since when do you care about my parents anniversary?" I questioned.

"I always care about their anniversary party because it's one of my favorite moments that I get to spend with my family." I feel sorry for the girl he wants to impress. 

"I haven't got a chance to steal my father's money so I can't plan their anniversary party. Now do me a favor and send Annette the flowers."

"Are you seriously broke?" He started laughing. "Okay, I will send Annette the flowers so make sure you get the pregnancy test soon before its too late."

"I am telling you she isn't pregnant but to make you happy I will take Annette to the hospital tomorrow." I disconnected the call. 

 -     -    -

I got ready for the business award and I also send my driver to Kathleen's house. Annette still didn't call me but I don't care anymore.

My doorbell rang and I quickly went downstairs. I will enjoy this business award even if I don't win. I just hope Kai, doesn't win. 

The whole ride Kathleen kept looking at me. I know I can compliment her but Annette will throw tantrums. 

This is the first business award that I am early for. I always came late because Anne and I would fight the whole night until she makes up her mind of what I would wear and after that, she would promise to wait for me until I return. But I guess this year's business award is different. 

"You were not smiling for the pictures." Kathleen said, the second we went inside.

"I can't smile without my best friend." I replied and she nod her head.

"Annette Hendricks?" She asked and I nod my head. "She is beautiful and nice."

"She is just my sister and best friend." I stated. "Now please make yourself at home. I need to talk to some friends before it's starts." I left her and went to the famous Cameron Valentino. "Miss me?" I smiled at him.

"Elijah, don't create a scene, please. My son is here today." He mumbled. 

"I have kept this secret for too long, I won't open my mouth now." I said. "Now tell me where is my cousin. I promise I won't say anything to them." I know Uncle Jailson Law changed a lot. He went for plastic surgery and even moved out of America just so he could keep his secret and after I met him, I actually understand why he did everything. He is happy without the Carsons and Knight and I am very happy for him. 

"Mason." He replied, turning away. "Turn around and you will see a couple. After that look at the opposite. Mason is next to Mr William now leave me, alone kid." He walked away. 

"Hello." I interrupted Mason and Mr William. "Mr William, I am really a big fan. I have been waiting to meet you since I was a little kid. I always looked up to you, I want to be a successful businessman like you." I shook his hand. I have never even heard of him but I need to act like I know him.

"Benjamin's son, right?" He asked and I nod my head. "Son, I am not a businessman. I am actually the mc of tonight's business award." Why did my poor mouth have to be so big.

"Mr Williams." I started laughing. "I am just your fan. I was talking about Mason when I said I want to be a successful businessman." I am a great actor, there is no way I can't get out of trouble.

"How old are you?" Mason asked.

"Twenty-two." I smiled.

"Well, I am younger than you and I only joined the buisness world this year. I am still not working but dad thought of bringing me here tonight" This asshole is acting smart with me. "Anyways, nice to meet you Mr Carson. I have heard a lot of things about you, bye."

"Wait." I followed him. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen." He replied. "I am still in high school."

"How many girlfriends do you have?" I asked and he looked at me weird. "Come on, you can tell me anything?"

"I don't do girls?"

"You gay?" This is so sweet but what if he falls for me? I need to go before he starts confessing his feelings for me.

"No." He answered. "I focus on my books." 

"What?" My jaw dropped. Is this boy really so boring? "Are you fucking serious?"

"What are you boys talking about?" Cameron Valentino asked.

"Your son just told me he never had a girlfriend." I said and he giggled.

"He is a liar so don't believe him." His father said.

"Dad, can I talk to your privately?" Mason asked and I left them alone. I thought making a good friend would be nice but instead it backfired. I should stick to the people I know and stay away from the Valentinos.

I don't see my parents anywhere and this ceremony will start soon. Dad is probably the reason why they running late.

"Kathleen, what happened to you?" I wonder who ruined her dress.

"Sir, I haven't said a word against Annette. I never complained about her but if she doesn't stop messing with me. I will file a restraining order against her." Kathleen said.

"But Annette is not even here." I replied and she giggled.

"Wow sir. You really going to take her side just because she is your best friend." She cried.

"I am sorry Kathleen." I can't believe she is so scared of Annette. "Can you please tell me where Annette is so I can have a word with her." 

"She is there, smiling." She pointed at a girl who was smiling at her. 

"That's not Annette." I know my best friend would never wear an ugly short red dress. and I know she would never be with an older man. "Listen, that person might look like Annette but there is no--."

"Mr Carson." Annette and an old man interrupted us. "I don't see your father anywhere." He shook my hand.

"He is on his way." I hate the fact Annette is with this ugly man. "Is she your wife?" I asked.

"She is--."

"I am just his friend." Annette winked at me. "Mr Brown, I will get another drink before it starts. That first drink made me thirsty so please excuse me." Annette walked away and I followed her.

"Who did your makeup and what the hell are you wearing? You look horrible." I said and she rolled her eyes. "I am serious. I swear you don't look like my Annette."

"Elijah, I am thirsty so don't start with me." She took a drink from the waitress. "Umm, by the way your parents were looking for you. Your mother said she wants to talk to you urgently." She started drinking.

"How old is Mr Brown?" I asked and everyone started taking their seats. 

"I have to find a seat next to my partner so please excuse me." She tried to walk away and I grabbed her hand. "He is thirty-something."

"Thirty-what?" I questioned.

"Thirty-seven." 

"He is fifteen years older than you, how can you be dating him?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "Do your parents know about him?"

"He met them today." She replied. "Now please excuse me, I have a partner to sit next to." She walked away from me.

"Eli, I have been looking for you." My mother said and I smiled at her. 

"Mommy you look worried. Did something happen?" I asked.

"Well Annette is not feeling well but that is not why I need to talk to you." Mom replied. "I know they said we should take our seats but I need to talk to you about something very important."

"Mom, I will talk to you later. I need to switch seats so I can sit next to Annette." I tried to walk away but my mother stopped me.

"It's urgent. Your father wants to make the announcement to---."

"Mom, I love you and you look beautiful but please excuse me." I planted a kiss on her head. "Stay with dad." I quickly ran away from her. It's hard to get away from my mother when she is stressed over something. "Uncle Jay." God is amazing, I don't even need to beg anyone to switch seats when my uncle is next to Annette.

"That smiles says you want something from me." He smiled at me.

"Uncle can you please take my seat next to my father. He said he wants to talk to you." I said and he got up. "I will look after your wife, don't worry."

"I hope my sacrifice won't go in vain." He whispered in my eye. 

"Annette, why are you with an older man?" I sat next to her. "Are you doing all of this just to get back at me? Annette, you know the media is going to make us the headlines tomorrow."

"You love Kathleen so stay with her and leave me alone." She shouted. "Now leave me alone." Why the hell is she shouting like this. She will definitely start a fight with me if I don't take her away.

"Annette, you are embarrasing." I tried to stop her but she pushed me away. I knew the second I saw her with this dress, she was half-way drank. I mean, who else would come to an award ceremony with a sugar daddy. I thought Annette was better than this.

"Eli, leave me." She mumbled. "I want to dance."

"My father is going to kill us, why are you doing this to me." I grabbed her. "You shouldn't have drank so much."

"What is going on?" My mother asked and I faked a smile. "Eli, did you let Annette get drank now?"

"No." I quickly picked Annette up. "Mom, this girl likes to drink and eat everything she sees." Only god knows how heavy she is. I will need to take her to the jump, first thing in the morning.

"Just leave before your father comes down from that stage." Mom smiled at me and I quickly left with Annette.

"I will have to burn all your ugly dresses." I mumbled, putting Annette in the car. I don't know how she got so wasted in a couple of minutes. I left her for ten minutes and this is what happened to her.

I need to drop her at my grandfather's place. If I take her home than dad will start lecturing me about being a bad influence on her.

"I want to dance." She snapped and I hit her on the head.

"Dad was announcing some important shit and you made me leave." I pulled her cheek. "You are lucky you are drunk." We arrived at my grandfather's place and I picked Annette up.

"What are you doing here?" Grandpa asked.

"She is drunk so can we please come inside." Grandpa quickly let me in. "Don't tell my father I am here." I went to the guest room. "You can take your hands off me, now." She didn't even want to let me go.

"Don't leave me." She hugged me, tightly. "Please, don't ever let anyone take you away from me."  She cried. 

*Don't forget to vote comment and share, please.*           

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
132K 4.6K 41
The two childhood sweethearts get separated.... The guy promised the girl that he will marry her and will save her from her dark life.... But sudden...
99.1K 3.4K 52
Aurora- Fun, Loving, Heart of Gold, Help's Anyone who needs it. She was all of those thing's and more until a man from her past had Deceived her. Da...
20.4K 777 44
A BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE TRILOGY Book two in step series. Meera and Elijah are on their honeymoon. She doesn't want to spend a second with him and he w...