Separation Anxiety

By OnyxButNot

Dream had been struggling with his fathers unknown condition for years, dealing with him getting beaten and y... More

Chapter One | Beginnings
Chapter Two | Better
Chapter Three | Man
Chapter Four | Dream??
Chapter Five | Hiding
Chapter Six | Questions
Chapter Seven | Fine...
Chapter Eight | Agree
Chapter Nine | Protect
Chapter Ten | House
Chapter Eleven | Not
Chapter Twelve | Colors
Chapter Thirteen | Dream!
Chapter Fourteen | Knowing
Chapter Fithteen | Gone
Chapter Sixteen | Talking
Chapter Seventeen | Yours
Chapter Eighteen | Lasts
Chapter Nineteen | Plans
Chapter Twenty | Training
Chapter Twenty-Two | Fault
Chapter Twenty-Three | Love
Chapter Twenty-Four | Limits
Chapter Twenty-Five | Panic *
Chapter Twenty-Six | Leaving *
Chapter Twenty-Seven | Here *
Chapter Twenty-Eight | Change *
Chapter Twenty-Nine | Who? *
Chapter Thirty | Escape *
Chapter Thirty-One | Animal *
Chapter Thirty-Two | Torture *
Chapter Thirty-Three | Search *
Chapter Thirty-Four | Over *
Chapter Thirty-Five | Drive *
Chapter Thirty-Six | Mission *
Chapter Thrity-Seven | Heartbreak *
Chapter Thirty-Eight | Test *
Chapter Thirty-Nine | Found *
Chapter Fourty | Epilogue *
Malhippocampotripsy | Teaser

Chapter Twenty-One | Afraid

523 33 22
By OnyxButNot

~George's P.O.V~

I watched as they left. They were going to look for Clay, but I wasn't really in the mood to go this time. I missed Clay so much that I cried myself to sleep last night, but I managed to get an hour of sleep.

I just laid in bed until I heard the front door open. My first thought was that they came back, but I was quickly stopped in my tracks when a group of men grabbed me.

"Let me go!"

I was knocked cold.

I woke up in a gray room, being watched by a group of men. The first thing I noticed was that I was tied to a chair.

"What the hell do you want from me?!"

I yelled and one of them stepped forward.

"Your help with Dream." 

He laughed, stepping back. Meanwhile, I struggled to get out of the chair.

"If you needed my help that badly, you could have asked me nicely!" 

I yelled at them again.

"We don't think you would volunteer to get beaten up..."

One of them laughed and they stepped forward.

⚠️Trigger Warning: Torture⚠️
Read at your own comfort!

I was attacked by all four of them and there was nothing I could do. I was tied to the chair...

They threw punches and kicks at me. By the time they were finished, I had a bloody nose, bloody lip, black eye, and tons of bruises all over my body.

They set up a camera in front of me while I struggled to sit upright again. I was in pain, but they just started the camera, or at least I thought they did.

"George!" 

I heard a panicked Clay and I tried to speak, but I was too tired from all the struggling.

I was so... weak.

"What the hell did you do to him!" 

I heard Clay yell, I knew he was extremely pissed.

"Dream listen to us! Now if you don't do what we tell you, we will beat George until you apply to our terms." 

One of the men spoke up, coming behind me.

"I can't do it! It's impossible! What you're asking from me is impossible!" 

He was panicking, but the guy behind me took out a knife. I began to panic.

"I swear to god if you hurt him!"

Clay screamed, saying he was pissed was an understatement.

"Do what we tell you Dream, and we'll let him go."

The guy behind me spoke again.

"I can't!" 

Clay screamed, slightly crying, he didn't know what to do. I felt a sharp pain on my face, I was slashed by the knife.

"George!!"

Clay screamed as I felt the blood dripping from the slash on my face.

"Stop this now!" 

Clay screamed, he was different now, something about him was different. I had never seen him so angry.

"You can stop this Dream, just do what is asked of you." 

The guy behind me spoke again, I tried to lift my head, but I couldn't...

"I told you I can't fucking do it!" 

Clay screamed, getting angrier and angrier as they talked to him. One of the other men nodded before my shirt was torn apart.

"George No! Don't do this!"

Clay screamed, begging them to stop. I felt several sharp pains in my chest and upon looking down, I saw that I had several huge gashes covering my chest.

"Georgeee! Fine. Fine! I'll do it, just stop!"

Clay cried, and I saw blood start to drip onto the floor from my newly made gashes. 

Trigger Warning Over

I heard a loud bang.

I was struck with a needle in my neck and I heard a few distant voices before I was knocked cold.

I woke up back in my room, and I had bandages over my chest. I struggled to get up to grab a hoodie but was quick to notice Clay's...

I limped over to it, and grabbed it, struggling to pull it over my head.

I was too tired to continue to walk around, so I just laid there. I woke up with Bad in my room, smirking.

"What?" 

I got up slowly. He realized that I looked like shit.

"First of all, you're wearing Clay's hoodie, and it's absolutely adorable, second of all, what happened to you?"

"Shut up!"

I laughed turning away from him.

"Uh, I was kidnapped, by the men in suits." 

It might look bad on my face, but my chest is where it hurt the worst.

"What? When? When we left? Are you okay? Do we need to take you to the doctors or something?" 

He asked, worried. Bad was the most caring person I had ever met.

"No, they have doctors there, I was taken care of." 

I touched my face, feeling a ban-aid over the gash I had gotten when they first slashed me with the knife. I was afraid to know what they made Clay do to get them to stop harming me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

Bad asked and I nodded before getting a call. He exited, knowing he wasn't allowed to be around when I was talking to Clay.

"George!!!" 

The man cried, poor Clay had to watch everything they did to me.

"Shh Clay, it's alright I'm okay, they fixed me up. I'm okay." 

I tried to quiet him, but he kept blaming himself.

"It's my fault! I should have just done what they asked!"

"What did they ask you to do Clay?"

I asked him, I had to know, it was killing me that I didn't know.

"They wanted me to break metal bars, I thought it was impossible!" 

He cried. His voice was shaky. 

"Wait, you were able to break metal bars?!"

I couldn't believe it, they weren't wrong.    

"Yeah, it hurt like shit, I got some bruises on my hands, but it was possible." 

He continued to cry, I wanted so bad to comfort him, but I knew it was impossible.

"Is your chest okay? Do the others know? How bad does it look?"

Clay was, generally worried for me.

"They bandaged it, but it still hurts like shit." 

I gently touched my chest, flinching to the touch.

"The others don't know about my chest, but Bad knows about my face." 

I sighed, I didn't want them to know about my chest.

"Are you able to show me how bad it is?" 

Clay asked and I felt my cheeks flush, remembering that he saw my bare chest.

"I mean if you really want to know, I guess." 

I sighed turning on my face cam.

"Am allowed to use my face cam, or will you beat George again!"

He yelled frustrated and very angrily.

"Whatever bitch!" 

He yelled at, who knows who. He turned on his face cam and it was insane for me, after all this time I was finally seeing his face again.

He was in a white room, sitting on a metal bed, it reminded me of a prison.

"Is there anything in there?" 

I asked, but he only frowned.

"Nope, just this metal shit that is a pain to sleep on! Oh, and remember this shit!" 

He showed me the I.V that was attached to him. I instantly broke out laughing as he showed me the I.V sitting next to his bed.

"Those shits put It back on it!"

It was funny to me how angry he was.

"Oh my god, Clay, what did you do to make them put it back on?" 

I laughed at him.

"Shut up bitch! Sorry, George, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to BIRD, who told me to keep it DOWN, because I was screaming too LOUD!"

He screamed as loud as he could, so I turned him down.

"Who the fuck is Bird?"

I laughed.

"Bird, is stalker 2.0, who is the only one who really talks to me, but mind her, I don't want to talk to ANY of you shits!"

He screamed again, but it just made me laugh.

"I was told strictly, and I quote "If you show George the door, I will not allow you to call him ever again." by the shit who is supposedly in charge." 

I broke out in laughter, I should have been afraid of Clay being like this, because of his powers or whatever, but he was being a complete rebel, and it was funny to me.

"So, I'll give you a tour of my humble abode, minus the door!" 

He showed me white walls, nothing was there.

"Where's the bathroom?" 

I asked, clearly not seeing it.

"Oh yeah, they have to sedate me, then take me to it. That includes the shower!"

I couldn't believe how extra they were.

"So, you can't go anywhere, unless you're sedated first?"

I asked, knowing the answer, but it was insane to me.

"Indeed! They said something about for 'safety percussion' or some shit like that." 

I thought it was the stupidest thing.

"Anyways Clay, what did you do to make them put your I.V back on?" 

I repeated my question from before, but he just broke out into laughter.

"Well, um, you see, I decided it would be a good idea to disrespect the Director, but he wasn't having it."

He broke out into laughter again, I had to know what he said.

"What did you say to make him so angry?"

I had to know.

"Oh... yeah, I told him to go suck a dick." 

We both broke out in laughter this time.

"Shut your pie hole!"

He screamed at someone and I was guessing it was this 'Bird' person.

"What's up with the weird names?"

I was curious. They were weird for sure.

"They are code names, to mask their identities. Pretty cool in my opinion, EVEN THOUGH YOU ALL SUCK!"

He yelled at what I can only assume was a video camera.

"Anyways, I don't have very much time left before these shits take my phone away, so can I see how much damage they've done. Wait, George is that my hoodie?!?"

He laughed and blushed.

"Yeah, it's actually quite cozy"

I smiled widely, causing Clay to blush.

"I got yours too!" 

He threw my signature hoodie at the camera.

"So that's where that went!" 

I laughed, I had been looking for it forever, but I'm glad Clay had it.

"Oh my god, Shut up!!" 

He yelled at Bird again, I think so at least.

"Can I see what they did to your chest?" 

He asked again. I honestly didn't want to show him because I didn't want him to see the true damage, neither did I for that matter.

"I guess, but I haven't even looked at it since I got back, so I have no clue how bad it is." 

I carefully removed Clay's green hoodie, trying not to touch my injuries.

Once it was fully removed, I put it to the side. I looked down at my fully bandaged chest, Clay looked shocked.

He knew it had to be bad to the point they had to heavy bandage it.

"I don't know if I want to do this Clay."

I really didn't want Clay to see my chest at all, injured or not. Just like Clay, there are some things I'm self-concuss about, one of which being my chest.

"You can do it, George, I need to know what they did to you. I can't let this happen again."

His once happy mood was gone, it had been replaced with dread.

"Clay, look at me."

I begged until he looked up.

"THIS is not your fault."

I smiled at him and he gave me a slight smile back.

"Please George, let me see what they've done." 

He begged again. I sighed. I started carefully removing the bandages.

I accidentally gazed over a wound with my fingers, causing me to flinch.

"Be careful George." 

He looked at me, we locked eyes for a while. Boy, did I miss those emerald green eyes.

"I will."

I continued removing it, once I was done, I quickly grabbed the hoodie again, covering my chest. The nervousness coming back to me.

"George..." 

Clay begged.

"I'm not going to judge you for what you look like or what they've done to you." 

He smiled kindly and I knew he was saying the truth, but I was still scared.

"I can't Clay. I'm self-concuss of my chest, the way you are of your face."

I frowned looking at the ground.

"George it's your turn to look at me, I know how it feels to be afraid of people's opinions, but I'm your best friend, I care about you and your heath."

He answered, making me blush, I sighed before removing the hoodie.

Clay's jaw dropped.

Was that a good or bad sign?

"Is it really that bad?"

I asked him. Did he not like how I looked in general or did he not like my injuries, or was it both?

"Your chest in general no, your injuries yes. Many of them are so deep they've been switched up." 

I could see the tears in his eyes.

"Clay, this is not your fault."

I said again, tears were now falling from his eyes.

"George... I'm so sorry." 

He cried. I comforted the distressed Clay while putting the bandages back on. I slipped Clay's hoodie back on and heard a very secure door opening, knowing trouble was approaching.

"Dream, give me the phone!"

I heard a female voice, who I could guess was Bird.

"No way!"

His sadness was replaced with anger, he muted himself and I was left with only video. He unmuted himself before taking out his I.V.

"Where were we before SOME BITCH interrupted us."

I could hear slight groaning in the background, and I knew Clay had gotten himself into a lot of trouble.

"Clay, what did you do?" 

I begged for an answer.

"I can't continue to let them boss me around like this George! I need to talk to you, and they got in the way." 

At this point, I was kind of afraid of Clay, and what he was capable of...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 4.3K 32
Clay's life seems fine, but is everything except from fine due to bullies ruining his happiness day by day. His grandpa is the only one who knows eve...
86.3K 4K 21
George and Clay had formed a close friendship since they met in a Minecraft server and knew they lived close to one another in real life. Yet little...
188K 8.5K 41
George does the one thing he is not supposed to do: he crosses the Safe Border, knowing very well nobody has ever returned from leaving before. Did h...
683K 34K 38
For the past two years, the only dreams George has had the pleasure of having were horrible, horrible nightmares. These nightmares always had five th...