Fair Game | theodore nott

By ronwestbreeze

| theodore nott x oc | "our names have been dragged and splashed through the mud, either helped by our unfort... More

FAIR GAME
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER SIX

1.4K 52 17
By ronwestbreeze

CHAPTER SIX

Cecile loved the early hours of dawn. It was when the shadows of night would slowly fade away and it was before the beginning of her usual chaotic day. It was her peace. A rare occurrence she could hardly find.

So, when she heard birds chirping from the large ajar window next to her bed, she was relieved. Even though she was still in the Hospital Wing, the relief and happiness never swayed. Mostly because her thigh was feeling better and she was free to leave whenever she pleased. In fact, Cecile was actually free to leave once her thirty minutes were up yesterday but she had fallen into a dreamless sleep and ended up staying overnight.

Thankfully, Madam Pomfrey wasn't a heartless witch.

Cecile stretched out her arms, yawning into the quiet room. Madam Pomfrey was already up, sitting at her desk in the far corner of the room drinking tea and filling out some paperwork. She noticed Cecile moving, "I have the potion ready for you if you are ready to return to your dorm."

"Wanna get rid of me so fast, huh?" Cecile grinned as she approached the desk. The small potion appeared on the wooden surface.

Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes, "Just get some sleep, Miss Dempsey. You have class later today."

"Unfortunately, I haven't forgotten." She took the potion and tucked it into her pocket, realizing she was still in her Quidditch robes. How uncomfortable, she thought. It was like accidently falling asleep in a pair of jeans. It's one of her worst nightmares actually.

"Also, shall I send a letter to your mother about your injuries?"

Cecile shrugged, "You could. Doubt she would care too much."

Madam Pomfrey didn't say anything for a pregnant moment. A sigh left her lips as she grabbed some more paperwork, "Good day, Miss Dempsey."

"And good day to you, Madam Pompoms." Cecile bowed until her head nearly touched the floor.

The older woman rolled her eyes causing a grin to reach the girl's lips as she turned towards the doors. As she walked, she wondered if any Ravenclaws decided to wake up at this ungodly hour. She had no doubt Luna would, but there were some morning people in her house. Hopefully they won't ask too many questions. All she wanted to do was lie in her bed and listen to some old Quidditch games on her Walkman until the day officially began.

Cecile was once again too wrapped up in her thoughts as she was nearly smacked by the large doors suddenly opening. She slightly moved out of the way as a small group of people rushed through.

With her adjusting eyes, it took her a few seconds to realize who they were as they dragged a body to one of the unoccupied beds.

Blaise was the first one she noticed among them. Then Draco Malfoy, who was ordering the group around in a hushed whisper, pale blonde hair looking ruffled as if he'd just woken up. Then there was a blonde girl, whom Cecile had seen rarely through her school years, that was running her hands through the unconscious body's hair hissing and whispering at the two boys arguing amongst each other.

Lastly, Cecile realized the body was Theodore Nott.

He didn't look dead from what she could see. In fact he was starting to wake up, groaning tiredly. But that's not what caught Cecile's attention out of everything.

It was the long scratches along his bare chest and the bloodied fingers that told her it was self-inflicted. It was the way that his friends looked like they had just run through the Forbidden Forest in a panic. Not to mention them barging in at the crack of dawn all of a sudden.

Madam Pomfrey didn't seem to question this though as she rushed towards the group of Slytherins. Cecile stood near the doorway, taking everything in as her brain began to whir with different questions and thoughts. All she knew was that this scene was too familiar.

"How bad was it?" She heard Theodore ask groggily.

"It wasn't horrible," the blonde girl tried only to be cut off by Malfoy. "We had to fucking chase you through the woods you git, how do you think it went?"

Blaise gave his friend a side glare, "Enough, Malfoy."

"Nice to know I'm loved." Theodore retorted grumpily. "I feel like I've been hit by a bloody Bludger a million times."

"That was Malfoy. Tried to stun you a couple of times." Blaise said, as said Slytherin let a small proud smirk reach his lips.

"Always wanted to do that. It was quite therapeutic."

"Fuck off, Malfoy."

"Just be grateful no one saw you." The blonde girl bristled, giving his bicep a gentle squeeze.

Cecile watched them with wide eyes.

Could it be?

No. This was way too coincidental.

It was too close.

Cecile didn't realize the room had gone quiet. Or the fact that five pairs of eyes were on her.

She blinked in confusion until she saw Malfoy scowling at her.

Oh.

"Fucking hell." Theodore groaned some more.

Draco took out his wand, "I'll deal with it."

Cecile raised her brow, almost challengingly at the boy as he moved towards her but was stopped by Blaise who also looked at her, with no malice unlike his companion. "Let me deal with it."

"Zabini—"

"I said I will deal with it."

Malfoy didn't protest any further, instead continued to glare at Cecile as if she had killed his entire family.

She didn't say anything as Blaise approached her, instead she turned and left the Hospital Wing. Of course the footfalls of her friend weren't lost on her. He had long legs that were bound to catch up with her sooner or later. But the thing was Cecile had long legs too and kept going.

When they reached a random hall, Blaise finally caught her wrist. Cecile didn't fight him. He finally stood in front of her, hoping to catch her expression. But when she looked at him, it was a blank canvas, too unreadable for him to find anything that would reassure his worries.

As if she knew what he was going to say, Cecile glanced around the hall and shook her head, "Not here. There's too many prying eyes watching. And too many sharp ears listening." She pointed to a painting with a woman who pretended she was distracted drinking tea.

Blaise narrowed his eyes at the painting before looking back at Cecile with a softer expression, "Where would you rather we talk?"

Cecile stayed silent for a moment, trying not to focus too much on her trembling hands stuffed inside her robes. "The answer is a towel."

He stared at her in confusion before it dawned on him seconds later, "Fine. I'll meet you in a few minutes."

And so she watched him rush back in the direction of the Hospital Wing, leaving her standing in the middle of the hall, next to peering eyes.

Cecile glared at the painting, "Nobody likes a curious cat."

Nobody at all.

Her hands had finally stopped shaking. The memory was gone but reminders still remained.

She was now lounging in the Ravenclaw common room, which was thankfully empty. A few minutes had passed since she got back and during that time she had changed into a cozy sweater and some shorts and downed the potion for her thigh. It was still a bit sore and the bruise was fading but she was able to walk just fine.

It wasn't long until the entrance into the Ravenclaw common room opened. Cecile got off the couch once Blaise's tall figure stepped through.

After she's had time to calm down, Cecile stared at him with open curiosity which only made him sigh.

"Nott wants me to obliviate your memory and Malfoy just wants a reason to stun someone."

Cecile tried not to smile amusingly and nodded, "And what do you want?"

Blaise walked further into the room until he was standing in front of her, slightly looking down at her. He smirked but she could see the clear worry in his eyes, "You're smart, Cece. What do you think you should do?"

"I won't ask any questions, Blaise. It's none of my business." Cecile shrugged.

He sighed, "You know they won't be happy about it. They're paranoid, the lot of them and I can't say I blame them." Blaise then rubbed the side of her arms gently, whether to calm her down or him, it was unclear to her. "I trust you, believe me there is no doubt. It's just them..."

"Okay, then tell them you obliviated my memory. And I will pretend." There was a small part of her, a really small part of her that wanted the opposite. But she chose to ignore it and focus on her friend.

Blaise frowned, "You'd have to be convincing."

"My mother's an actress."

"Not a very good one, Cecile."

She waved him off, "Trust me, I'm a whole lot better. Been doing it since I was young."

Cecile tried not to wince at her own words.

While he wasn't entirely convinced, Blaise sighed, "Fine. I would rather do this than obliviate you."

"Aw, wouldn't want me to forget how tirelessly charming you are?" Cecile grinned and poked his chest playfully.

Blaise smirked, "But of course, that would be most disheartening."

Sudden footfalls above them caused the two to go deathly silent. Cecile looked up and sighed, "Well, looks like some people are waking up." She grabbed his arm and dragged him over towards the entrance, "Let's go or one of them might have a heart attack just seeing you."

"I must be drop dead gorgeous then."

His smirked grew wider and Cecile only rolled her eyes and pushed him out the door. She was about to close it when Blaise suddenly stopped it with his foot, "I'm counting on your so-called acting skills, Cece."

She sent him a small glare, "Please, I've had enough practice pretending to be flustered by your flirty antics. I think I'm just fine."

"Harsh." He snuck in a quick kiss against her cheek and grinned, "See you later, darling."

Cecile feigned disgust, "Leave you sneaky snake."

Once the entrance was closed, she sighed and pressed her forehead against the wall.

She just had to pretend.

How hard can it be? She's done it before. So many times.

It was easy.

Luna came downstairs and greeted her in her usual airy voice, "Oh, you're up early again? Is Quidditch practice today?"

Cecile let out a small chuckle, "Nope, just wanted to get some reading done."

"Oh how fun. Was it a good read then?"

"Yeah. Yeah, it was pretty good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
88K 2.7K 45
Ginny wasn't like the other Weasley children, she was more accepting of other houses. Her best friends all came from different houses. But maybe she...
81K 2.2K 13
𝐀. ❝ you've ruined me." theodore spoke, his words falling quietly, "but i'd give you the rest of me to ruin if you ask, maya. i'd fucking break for...