ABIOLA

By Shijuanu

When Abiola thinks she can't fall in love with a new guy she met in her cousin's house, she did. But now, he... More

Introduction
Chapter 1. Busy streets
Chapter 2. Mr Jerk
Chapter 3. Daddy!! Mummy!!
Chapter 4. Tutor preparations
Chapter5. Tutor preparations 2
Chapter 6. Just friends!?
Chapter 7. I'm lost!!!
Chapter 8. Tutor starts
Chapter 9. I don't do please.
Chapter 11. My date
Chapter 12. First time I cooked
Chapter 13. Slap!
Chapter 14. Kissed!
Chapter 15. He's leaving
Chapter 16. He's leaving (part two)
Announcement.
Chapter 17. Confessed
Chapter 18. Arguments
Chapter 19. Awkward lunch
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Epilogue/ Appreciation

Chapter 10. Unprepared date

359 87 35
By Shijuanu

Eid mubarak to my brother's and sisters, may the Almighty accept our duas and fasting as an act of Ibadah. InshaAllah we would see many more to come, Ameen.

Abiola's POV

I didn't know he had a sister as cute as that. The dimple on both sides of her cheeks and the sweet pink lips. Even with her disorders, she's still a sweetheart.

I was so happy after Tobi said she could come stay the weekend, so he's a caring big brother. Who knew?

"I didn't know he had a sister." I said to Konyii that was munching on a Chips like a goat. Chewing everything and it was falling on my car seat.

"How many things do you know about him, he's very closed off. It was aunty Temi that told me about it, after I had promised to keep out of his matter. He has a very sad past though, he's gonna need a life partner to accept his past. But the way things are going, I'm not sure he's ready until a particular person learns to start liking him, even if it's as a human." Konyii ended her speech shaking the bag if chips to get the bottom part.

"Which person is that?" I asked glancing at her before glancing back at the road. She scoffed.

"Are you really that blind? Can't you see.... just forget, I'm not going to say anything." She squeezed the bag of chips.

"Please tell me, that girl must be really lucky then." I said absent mindedly. The look she gave me made me realise what I said. " It's not like that, stop looking at me like that!" She just laughed and said.

"C'mon, admit it. You like him?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't like him. Yes, he's nice and all but I see nothing ever happening between us, ever!" I said making a U-turn to go into the estate.

"Keep deceiving yourself, it's not bad to like him. He's good looking, a yoruba, has a good job and to add cherry on top, he's a muslim. So I see no reason you shouldn't like him. " I didn't say anything again, so she changed the topic.

"What will you cook today, it's been long you carried pot talk more of cooking." That's true, it's been long I cooked.

"Maybe I should cook that Italian pasta, the one we like?" I asked as we drove into the gate.

"Yes, that's alright." Then I remembered she has a date tomorrow.

"Aunty, where's the dress for your date tomorrow?" She stopped immediately and turned around slowly, the look on her face.

"Ode!! You've forgotten!" I started laughing loud. She ran inside, making me follow her.

"Mummy!" She screamed for my mom. I carried my phone and went to snapchat and started recording her.

"Mummy, I've not bought dress oo!!" She shouted removing her scarf dramatically, my mom just smiled.

"I've made an appointment for you, we'll go there around ten in the morning for your fitting. " She calmed down, before jumping on my mom. I wonder how my mom was able to carry her.

"I Love you, love you, love you!!" She started kissing my mom on her face, then I ended what I was recording.

"I knew you'll be busy with exams preparations, so I made an appointment for you."

"Thank you mummy." Then I looked at my mom.

"We have a visitor tomorrow, Tobi's younger sister." My mom looked at me quizzically

"Is there anything between you two?" She asked me looking at me sternly.

"No, there's nothing between us. Konyii dragged me over to his house when she heard about his sister's sickness, so we went to see her. And she didn't want to leave, so I told Tobi to let her stay the weekend with us." She nodded her head.

"What is wrong with her?" My mom asked taking a seat

"She has arthilopedia. She said she got it from when she was born." The look on my mom's face was priceless.

"Kini jebe?" She asked

"It's a disease gotten from a very critical condition when the mother is in labour, it can be that she had an accident and the baby was still able to be saved so they saved the the baby. But for the child to have that sickness is because she didn't get up to 7 months in the womb, there by the child didnt get enough nutrients from the mother." I explained feeling myself.

"Mumu, what are you feeling like, because you manage study medicine na, we no go hear word again." Konyii said making my mom laugh and me to roll my eyes at her.

"Why didn't you study medicine?" I hissed. After feeling myself, you want to spoil my vibes.

"That's enough the both of you. Konyii have you told your mom about your date tomorrow?" My mom asked her. I knew she didn't so I smiled and watched her.

"No I didn't, I don't want her rants at all." My mom's mouth widened.

"Is it my friend and your mom that is ranting?" She asked putting her hands on her chest, this made me laugh. Dramatic much.

"No ma, but she will disturb me. I don't want to hear about the last time." She said. My mom nodded her head in understanding.

We stood up and went to my room, I wanted to change my clothes. I had taken a shower, when Konyii came in my room and told me we were going somewhere. So I just changed and followed her, without asking.

"Babe, where's my Mickey mouse tank top?" I asked Konyii while ransacking my closet drawer for tank tops.

"In the laundry maybe." She shrugged her shoulders, her eyes trained on her phone screen. This girl and phone.

"Would Tope sleep here too or I should give her one guest room?" I asked putting on a sponge bob tank top.

"Tobi won't want her alone, so....... " She said looking at me. I nodded my head in understanding, I guess I'll have to bring down the water bed.

"I'm nervous about tomorrow." Konyii said out of the blue.

"Why are you nervous, Ayo looks like he's gonna take care of you very well. I know I won't have to kick some motherfucker's ass." I said and she came to hug me. After sometime, which I know can turn  into an emotional mess, I pushed her away.

"That's enough, madam. We need to sleep, I assume we have a long day tomorrow." I said moving to my side of the bed, the left side.

"For your mind, I hugged you." She said and hissed. She also sat on the right side. After some silence and me looking at the ceiling, I said what has been bothering me.

"What if he decides to ask you to marry him, maybe after two dates?" She looked at me and I did the same.

"We haven't even gone on one date, you're getting scared. Don't worry, he might not." She said the last part lowly, in a disappointing voice.

"I know he can even ask you after tomorrow's date. That I know."

"How?" She asked sitting up.

"I'm not going to say anything, but the look in his eyes whenever he sees you is....... I'm tired now let's sleep."

" You know your mom's right, yeah?" I looked at her confused.

" What do you mean?"

"Why do you keep on chasing Tobi away? Who knows, he might be the one." I gulped. I don't know why myself, I don't know why I keep on pushing him away. So I turned my back to her. After what happened to Konyii, I'm not sure I'm ready.

"Turn your back well oo, one day, you will confess how much you like him with tears in your eyes. I pray it won't be too late then." I didn't reply, because, somewhere at the back of my head said it's true. But I won't give in to that thought, so I slept.

—––––––——-——————–––––––

"Get up! We need to get ready!" Konyii shouted in my ears, making me jump off the bed.

"Gosh woman, it's not my date. Let me sleep ah." I said standing up. But before I land on the bed, she dragged my hand and pushed me towards the bathroom.

"That's true, it's my date. Get ready you're picking things for me. So get your fat ass up!" She said still pushing me towards the bathroom. I just gave up and walked to the bathroom.

"When are we going? Wait, Tope is supposed to be he-" I walked out of the bathroom in only a black bra top and shorts barely covering my ass and my toothbrush in my mouth. Asking about Tope, I stopped, when I saw her sitting on my bed with her hands in between her thighs.

"Good morning." She said in a very low tone.

"Morning dear, how are yo-" Suddenly a shoe flew across the room towards me, missing me by and inch.

"Get your fat ass back into the bathroom. How many times do someone has to tell you, stop coming out with toothbrush in your mouth?" She asked, I had forgotten how much Konyii hates that.

"Sorry, you didn't have to throw a shoe though." I said going back into the bathroom.

"Sorry for her behaviour, she can be annoying." Konyii told her

"No need to apologize, I live with someone like that." Tope said and giggled.

"This one is worse, trust me." Konyii said and they both laughed.

I came out of the bathroom and saw them laying on my bed.

"See the idiot that disturbed my sleep, you're not ready." I rolled my eyes and went into my closet.

"Who told you? I just have to wear a gown and I'm ready." Then there was a knock.

"Who you?" She asked, she knows it's not my mom. My mom won't even knock.

"It's me ma, mummy said I should call you guys." One of the maid said.

"Come in." Konyii told her. Funny part is, I don't know most of the maid. I dont even know how many we have.

"Yes ma?"

"Which one is the ma you're adding? Anyways, why?" Konyii would be doing like one sensible human.

"It's time for breakfast, she cooked herself. She coo-" Before she could finish her sentence, Konyii dashed outside. I shook my head and looked at a giggling Tope.

"I wish I had a best friend like you guys." She said still smiling, behind that smile is sadness. I feel for her.

"Why?" I asked putting on a gown, don't ask. I haven't taken my bath.

"I don't even have a single friend. The last time I went to school was in kindergarten. He stopped me from going to school, after I had eaten something I'm allergic to, making me collapse. Turned out, one of my classmates put it in my lunch. So he stopped me from going, I do home school though. But I have no friends. This is literally the third time I'm leaving the house." I was done dressing. The sickness is really getting to her.

"Why don't we spend more time then, if you want to of course. I can be boring though." I said and she laughed.

"Seeing the both of you fight, it's nothing boring, trust me." I laughed. We walked down the stairs, I heard chatters coming from the dining.

"Ekaro." I greeted my mom.

"You need VIP invite to come eat abi?" I sat down and and didn't say anything, considering I was sitting close to her.

"Pick something. These pancakes are specifically for you, no baking soda in it." My mom smiled at Tope.

"Thank you ma." She smiled.

We ate and after eating, two girls I've never seen before came to clear the table.

"Your dad is coming back tomorrow." My mom said, her eyes tinkling. She has missed her husband. Ya Rabbi, provide mine for me, please.

We left the house for Konyii's date after I had gone back to take my bath. We need to shine shine tonight.

Kini jebe?- What does that mean?
Ekaro- Good morning.

Ok so this is chapter ten, I'm sorry for late update.
Next chapter would be in third's POV, wee need to know how her date went right😉

OK cya,

Much ❤❤ and spaghetti 🍜🍜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 56K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
48K 11.7K 75
BOOK TWO of ✿THE STORY OF US✿... : : It was an accident that her High school sweet heart...
22.5K 5.5K 41
Ugly events around Ivie Momoh's life made her preoccupied with a revolutionary three point agenda; to get her life back, put the villains in their pl...
115K 15.7K 48
"Okay. What's your favourite food?" "It will be you after we get married, but for now It's anything you give me to eat." He deadpanned. Tseju almost...