More than a fling {R.B}

By InsaneMaker

Kayla is one of Ricky's old flings I guess you could say. They were mostly friends with benefits since the bo... More

Trailer!
Cast
0.5
01
Cast 2
1.5
02
2.5
03
3.5
4
4.5
05
5.5
06
6.5
07
7.5
08
8.5
09
9.5
10.5
10.7
11
11.5
12
12.5
13
13.5
14
14.5
15
15.5
16

10

388 9 0
By InsaneMaker

Kayla had to wake up early on Sunday morning. The whole theater group had decided to a car wash at the front of the school to help get back the things that they had lost. She had changed into a black bikini and slipped on some black shorts. She was not too fond of showing her butt around strangers. She also pinned her blonde hair up with a hair clip so it wouldn't get in the way from her washing the cars. The blonde girl had done her normal natural makeup routine. She sprayed some perfume and put on her white air forces. She also ended up grabbing some sunglasses for her face. Before leaving her room she grabbed her extra bag that contained more sponges and towels. Walking down the stairs she text Ricky who wanted to help out and she told him to be ready in five. Since she was going to eat a light breakfast and then head to his house. Her dad and step mother were not home. Daisy wanted to spend more time with her older sisters since she really doesn't get to see them much.

They were both back home due to Kayla's performance coming up as well as her last football game in the tournament that she was so excited for. It sucked because not only was it going to be held at the high school but it's on the same night that High School Musical will be happening. She was only going to be able to attend the first twenty minutes of the show and then would have to head towards the locker room to change. She was at least happy she would get to see him perform some parts of the musical. She made herself a berry smoothie and out the door. She locked the door and unlocked her car. Not only was she picking up Ricky but she also had to pick up her two other best friends but since the curly haired  boy house was closer she was picking him up first.

She parked her car outside Ricky's house and waited for him. While she waited for him she sipped on her berry smoothie and looked down at her phone. Ricky rushes down the stairs and out the door hearing Kayla's car pull up in front of his house. He saw her looking down at her phone while drinking away a smoothie. A small smile made its way on his face and he shook his head making his way towards the back of her car and placing his bag in. He closed the door and walked towards the passenger side. Opening the door he got in and closed the door behind him. The blonde girl places her smoothie on the cup holders and turns to look at the curly haired boy. She pulls him into a hug smelling his cologne. He was wearing a black t-shirt with some black swimming trunks and his black converse. He could feel her warm skin against his. Ricky hadn't noticed that she was wearing a bikini top and no shirt over it. He felt his mouth go dry. She was beyond beautiful and hot. Pulling away from each other they both held a smile looking at each other. "Here, can you text Veronica and tell her I'm on my way." She handed him her phone.

He nodded trying not to look down at her small chest. He gulps down unlocking her phone and texting Veronica. "You know I was expecting to see your six pacts but I'm guessing you're saving that for later." She held a smirk on her face while staring straight ahead at the road. He chuckled knowing that once Kayla gets comfortable around you she lets whatever she's thinking roll out of her mouth. She was really straight forward about anything. "I didn't know you wanted to see them that bad." That caused her to laugh and he laughed with her. "I'm just playing with you dummy." She softly punched him on the shoulder still looking ahead. He only smiled at her, grabbed her hand and interlocked their hands together.

She didn't mind at all but that made the butterflies in her stomach erup. She felt her cheeks warm up a little. She was thankful she had makeup on and it covered the small blush on her cheeks. On the other hand the teenage boy knew she was blushing; he knew her better than he knew himself. He started rubbing small circles on the back of her hand. He grabbed her, smoothing drinking from it. "Hey! Who said you could have some?" He chuckled looking at her. She stopped in front of her Rony's house and her blue eyes looked at him. He shrugged, chuckling to himself watching her trying to reach for it. "Ricky." She pouted, crossing her arms.

He smiled seeing her pout. Her phone dinged causing her to reach for it and check. It was text from Rony telling her to help her with some buckets. "I'll be back. Don't finish it all." He nodded raising one of his hands in surrender. She left her phone on the other cup holder. She knocked on Rony's house and her mother let her in. The blonde girl walked towards the back grabbing three buckets. Veronica followed behind the girl with three other buckets. Kayla opened the back of her car and placed it in the buckets and helped her best friend out. Her best friend pulled her into a hug. To tell the truth the whole reason Rony wanted Kayla to pick her up was because she loved Kayla's beautiful car. It was a white Hyundai Kona. They both pulled away from the hug and got in the car.

Rony wore her hair in a messy ponytail and no makeup at all. She was too lazy to apply any mostly this early in the morning. She had to get ready and then get the buckets from the small little garage they had in her backyard. She wore a bright bikini top that was white, black, pink and turquoise. She also wore black shorts that had some turquoise in them. She was wearing the same shoes as Kayla; they both agreed on matching with shoes. She sat behind Ricky. "Can we go to Starbucks after we pick up Cam? I didn't really eat anything." The blonde girl looked at her mirror making eye contact with Rony. "Yeah, sure." Once she pulled out of her driveway and into the road she reached to grab Ricky's hand. Ricky didn't mind he held on to her hand while looking out the window. The curly haired boy loves the feeling of her small hand. Her hands were warm and soft and he felt like he could hold her hands forever. He reached to grab the radio and turned it on.

A familiar song started playing and she smiled. "Oh god." The song was Meet Me on the Roof by Green Day and it used to be not only her favorite song but Ricky's favorite song as well.

Kayla was rehearsing on the stage with her dancers and holding the mic. Her dance teacher was nodding making sure she was doing the dance moves correctly. Ricky was backstage face-timing his mother and letting her know everything as going great. His mother didn't want to let him go on tour but due to Michael and Kayla's mother she trusted them to take care of her boy. He soon said goodbye to his mother and walked towards the stage to see how his best friend was doing. He held a smile on his face watching her in concentration remembering every dance move. She really did know what she was doing and she looked like a queen doing it.

After watching her practice for a few more minutes the dance teacher told them to take a break and she made her way towards her best friend with a water bottle on her hand. She drinks from it. "How's your mom?" She asked, closing her water bottle. "Good. She just missed me is all." She nodded hearing some background song playing and a smirk made its way to her face. He looked at her confused and she placed her water bottle on the ground. She grabbed his hand and pulled him on the stage. "How good of a dancer are you Mr. Bowen?" He shook his head about to walk off the stage. "Oh come on!" She started to dance while looking at him. He huff following her lead and dancing alongside her. He knew he looked terrible but he loved how she would smile every time she looked at him.

The curly haired boy ended up picking her up from behind and spun both of them around. She laughs feeling Ricky's head on her shoulder. He could feel his breath and could also feel his body shake from him laughing.

Ever since then , every time they heard that dance they felt the need to dance along to it like crazy kids living life. Ricky started to softly sing to the song. He was tapping the car door with his finger to the beat of the song. Rony took a picture of her best friend and their hands together and sent them to her. But what she didn't know was that Ricky had her phone. He grabbed her phone and looked at the message. A smile spread on his face and he ended up sending the picture to himself. They finally picked up Cameron and started to head Starbucks where they all ordered something. Kayla got herself a Green Matcha Tea Iced Latte. Cameron and Rony both got Ice Coffees. Ricky got the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino.

They finally got to the school and got off taking the stuff out of the back car. Cameron wasn't too fond with Ricky being here. He still didn't like him for what had happened but he was going to try to be nice because of Kayla. Everyone got paired in two. Kayla and Ricky, Rony and Cam, Jason and Amary, Elliot and Layal, Liam and Olivia and lastly Alexander, Charlotte and Gabriela. Everyone was pretty much happy with their team mate except for Elliot and Gabriela. They both gave death glares at Ricky who helped Kayla with the buckets of water. Kayla pushes her sunglasses back grabbing her sponge and the bucket of soap. She started to wash the car bobbing her head to the music from a radio that Charlotte had brought.

Ricky passed in front of her and her blue eyes traveled down his body. He had taken off his shirt and was washing the other side of the car. She gulped feeling heat rise on her cheeks and looked away, catching Rony's eyes who had a smirk on her face. The blonde rolled her eyes continuing to wash the car. She was trying not to focus on the fact that Ricky didn't have a shirt. She knew he was attractive and she knew he had abs from the times he would take his shirt in front of her and put on another shirt. He was hot and she knew it. She was avoiding eye contact and tried to ignore the half naked body of his best friend. She finished washing her side and went to grab a hose to wash off the soap. Rinsing of the car she waited for Ricky to finish. What she hadn't seen was the smirk on his face.

He rinsed the soap off the car and sprayed water on Kayla who turned around to look at him with a wide mouth. "Are you kidding me?" He laughed letting the hose go once he saw the girl run after him. "Ricky this isn't funny!" He continued to laugh running around the cars watching the short girl chase after him. The blonde girl stopped chasing him, taking deep breaths in. She reached to grab the sponge from the bucket and waited for him to come back. Gabby rolled her eyes seeing him laugh and Kayla chased behind him. "Jealousy doesn't look good on you." Said Charlotte as she washed the car, seeing the Mexican girl watch the two teenagers. "Who said I was jealous?" Her brown eyes looked at the tall girl. Charlotte wore a black long sleeve bathing suit with her black vans. Her hair was up in a tight ponytail. "I see the way you give the pour kid death glares."

Gabby shook her head washing the car. She hated him so much. That should be her goofing around with Kayla. But she knew she lost her chance as soon as they started talking again. She should have shot her shot when she first met Kayla. The only thing is Kayla isn't exactly into girls. She was playing the part of Brady but Brady never kisses Mack in any scene. Which sucks because she wishes she could at least get a small peck from the girl just to know what her lips feel against hers. "He's just annoying and I don't like him." She held a serious face continuing to wash the windows of the car. "But you don't really know him. You're only saying that because Kayla loves the boy and you're jealous of that." Charlotte stops washing the car and walks towards the short Mexican girl. "I know it sucks seeing her with Ricky but Kayla wasn't meant to be for you."

Hearing her say that made the girl scoff and she walked away from her. She washes other parts of the car. Charlotte only let out a sigh and continued to wash the car. Kayla saw Ricky walking towards her with a small on his face. She bit her bottom lip trying so hard not to smile or smirk. "I'm sorry. Can we go back to cleaning cars?" She nodded and they both walked towards the next car. The blonde grabbed a bucket and headed towards the car. Placing the bucket down she chuckled to herself softly. "Hey Ricky?" He turned around to look at her. She threw the sponge and it hit him right on his chest. "Hey! That's not fair I apologize." She shrugged laughing out loud. Her blue eyes widen seeing him grab a bucket of water. "No Ricky!"

The blonde girl started to run screaming towards her two best friends. "Ricky please don't!" The curly haired boy smiled watching her hide behind Rony who looked at him with a confused look. "I'm sorry!" He saw her head picking from the left side of Veronica. "I won't do it only if you promise not to throw a sponge at me again." She nodded moving away from Rony. Kayla reached out for the bucket and Ricky gave it to her placing his arm around her small shoulders. They both continued to clean cars and sooner than later they had earn enough money to repair most of the prompts. They were all now at Kayla's house playing in the pool and celebrating the fact that they had raised enough money.

Everyone was in the pool except for Kayla who was just sitting on the edge of the pool with her legs in the water watching her friends laugh. She was definitely worried about Thursdays musical and then the important football the next day. It's like everything had pass by so quickly. She thought about her beautiful mother and what she would be thinking. Would she tell her daughter that she was proud? Is she really happy up there? Is she really watching me? What am I supposed to do when I get to my first premier without my mother? She though. The curly haired boy stop playing and notice his best friend staring at the water with a concern face. He could definitely see she was lost in thought.

He swam towards her placing his body between her legs. "What's wrong Kay?" He rub his face looking up at her. "I'm just thinking about my mom." Her arms were placed on her legs and he rub circles on the side of her thigh. "What about her?" Her blue eyes couldn't meet his. They continued to wonder everyone else other than his eyes. His brown eyes looked at her face trying to get her to look at him. "It was hard going on tour without her. Getting on stage for the first time and she wasn't there. Walking up and going down starts and not seeing her standing in the kitchen. She would try to cook but she was always so bad at it." A few tears rolled down her eyes and she chuckled remembering her mother burning turkey on thanksgiving.

"As much as I hate the smell of burnt I miss it now. I miss when she would always come in just to check up on me even when I was asleep. Not having her here is so hard. My first football game official back I looked for her out in the stands and she wasn't there Ricky. It broke my heart not seeing her there. Getting offered a scholarship all I wanted to do was tell my mom but she's not here. On my birthday all I wished for was to see her again. I wanted to talk to her so bad and see her one last time. I wanted to tell her I was crowned homecoming queen." Ricky heard her sob and she chuckled, whipping a few tears. He stared at her beautiful not ever looking away once. "It's just the musical is coming up and I know I'm going to look at the crowd to see her and I'm going to be disappointed because she's not going to be there. God and the important football game. The last tournament and she's not going to be there."

"How? How am I supposed to deal with that?" Her whole body was shaking at this point. Ricky got out of the pull and sat next to the girl pulling her into a hug. She completely broke down at that moment. She started to sob and tears were running down her cheeks. Her friends stop laughing turning to look at Kayla who was crying in Ricky's arms. Cameron and Rony both rush towards them worried about their best friend. "Why is she crying Ricky?" Ask Rony crouching down and rubbing Kayla's back. "She just misses her mom so much. I'm gonna take her inside." Rony nodded. Kayla was already on top of Ricky's lap and he did was pick her up. Her arms were wrapped around his neck and her legs wrap around his waist.

She continued to cry while he carried her up the stairs towards her room. Veronica looked at Cameron with a concerned face. "How did we not know that she was going to break at some point?" Cameron huff pulling Rony into a hug. "It isn't our fault. Kayla is a strong girl, I just think she was putting on a strong barrier so she wouldn't get hurt. She pushed all her sad emotions to the side and that isn't healthy she knew at some point she was going to break." They had all gone out of the pool and walked towards the two best friends that were hugging. "Is she gonna be okay?" Asked Elliot, worried about the blonde girl. "She'll be fine. Kayla is a strong person." He only nodded looking at the door where Ricky had walked in.

Ricky sat on the bed still holding the girl. He was rubbing circles on her back, calming her down a little. Her sobs had stopped and all he could hear was her sniffing. Kayla continued to hold on to the boy she loved feeling his heartbeat on her chest. "You're going to be okay Kayla and about your mom not being there. Don't worry I'll be there. I'll always be here for you no matter what." She couldn't speak because if she tried to all that would come out would be cries and sobs. She only nodded playing the small curls at the back of his head. It was already night time and it was getting late so everyone started leaving. Except for Cameron and Rony who stayed down stairs waiting to hear news about Kayla. They didn't want to leave without know she was going to be okay.

"I.. I think I'm going to shower and head to bed." The blonde girl got up grabbing clothes from her closet. "Okay." She still wouldn't look at him so he grabbed her face and made her look at him. "I'm not going anywhere." He kissed her on the forehead and walked away. She felt a little better knowing that Ricky would be here for her. The blonde girl did stay standing in the closet thinking about what had just happened. She huff grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom. Ricky walked down the stairs seeing Kayla's two best friends. "How is she?" Ask Cam who was sitting on the couch while Rony was pacing back in fort. "She's okay. She's in the shower. I'm staying with her tonight to make sure she'll be fine."

Veronica nodded pulling Ricky into a hug. "Thank you. Keep me updated on her." He hugged her back and nodded. She pulled away grabbing her things and heading out her mother was already outside waiting for her. "Look man. You know I don't like you but I appreciate what you're doing for Kay." Cam got up from the couch and put his hand out in a fist. "Yeah of course. I mean she means the world to me." Cam nodded heading out the door. The curly haired boy made his way towards the kitchen and made her a cup of tea while he waited for her.

He grabbed his phone and texted his father that he was staying the night because Kayla wasn't doing so well. He agreed and let his son stay. He answered a few text messages from Gina who was also worried about Kayla. Rony had texted her telling her that Kayla had broken down. Once the water was done he poured the hot water into a mug and placed a tea bag in. He soon heard her footsteps coming down the stairs causing him to look up. She wore a baggy white t-shirt with some grey sweatpants. Her hair was all blow dried and she was wearing no makeup. She gave him a small smile and walk towards him. "Thank you Ricky but you don't have to stay." He handed her the mug. Kayla brought the mug close to her lips and blew on it before taking a sip. "I want to."

The blonde girl looked at the curly haired boy. "Well you might want to take a shower because you reek of chlorine." She scrunch her nose and he only laugh. He loved being able to see the small freckles on the girl's face. "I still have a few of your old clothes in my closet." He nodded with a big smile and walked up the stairs. The short girl locked the front door and turned off all the lights before heading up stairs. She heard her shower running knowing it was Ricky. She took a seat in front of her electric piano and started to create a melody. Ricky could hear her playing the piano and he knew music was the only way she got through things. He never knew she could be hurting this much. He had been blind by being mad at his parent's that he didn't realize it was so much worse losing your mother than your parent's splitting up.

Maybe he was dumb sometimes but he wasn't dumb for feeling this feeling he gets when he's around her. He gets sparks every time they touch and every time she compliments him blushes. He loved seeing her smile. Her smile lights up his entire world. Watching her cry and hearing her cry earlier broke his heart. All he wanted to do was make her laugh and make her feel better and that's why he was here. He wasn't sure what he felt for her. He didn't know if he just liked her or he was actually in love with her. He didn't want to mess anything up not like how he did with Nini. Kayla was special and he didn't want to let her go or lose her. Getting out of the bathroom all cleaned up and dressed he saw her writing lyrics down in a journal.

All he did for the past hour was help her write a song and be here for her. Writing some of the lyrics did make the girl cry and he made sure to hug her. As soon as she finished the song Ricky pulled her into bed and cuddled her. She closed her eyes and let herself fall into deep sleep feeling Ricky's warmth. He had his arms wrapped around her waist. His head was on top of her head and he kissed her head saying a small goodnight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 1.9K 46
DISCONTINUED. in which Charlie and Paul reunite over surprising news. 𝙥𝙖𝙪𝙡 𝙬𝙚𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙭 𝙛𝙚𝙢!𝙤𝙘 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙩𝙬𝙤 © HADEROLOGY 2019
904K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
712K 43.5K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
649K 14.5K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.