Co-parenting

By varchie4you

Veronica loved Archie more than ever and she already saw herself getting married to him some day in the futur... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 16

1.7K 56 20
By varchie4you

"Mommy wake up! It's my birthday!" Valerie squeals. She jumps up and down on Veronica's bed and claps her hands. "Mommy!"

"Okay okay" Veronica laughs.

"I'm so excited" Valerie grins. She jumps onto Veronica. "Oh god Valerie" Veronica giggles "you can't do that anymore"

"Lo siento mommy" Valerie mumbles and crawl under the covers, next to her mom. She lies her head onto Veronica's chest and her arm over her stomach.

"It's alright mi amor"

Veronica waits a second before she flips them over. Her elbows are next to Valerie's head. She places kisses all over her daughter's face, which makes the little girl squeal. "Feliz cumpleaños, mija. Te quiero mucho mucho mucho"

"Gracias mommy" Valerie giggles. She wraps her arms around Veronica's neck and pulls her head onto her chest. She plays with her mom's hair while Veronica closes her eyes. She enjoys her daughter's hands in her hair. She loves cuddling with her and being close to her. Valerie is Veronica's biggest accomplishment. She would do anything for her.

"Mommy can we make breakfast? I'm hungry"

"Sure" she smiles and gets up but then turns to Valerie who didn't move.

"Carry me!"

"Val" Veronica giggles "You're a big girl. You can walk on your own"

"Please mommy"

"Only because it's your birthday" Veronica says and opens her arms. Valerie giggles. She crawls over to her mom before she gets up and jumps into her arms. "I love you" the little girl mumbles.

"I love you too honey"

•••

Valerie lies on her back on the rug in the living room. She has her hands on her stomach and stares at the ceiling. Veronica sits on the couch with her mom and dad. Mary will join them later.

"Mommy I'm bored. When will daddy be here?"

As Veronica opens her mouth to answer there's a knock on the front door. She smiles and gets up. Valerie turns her head so she can keep her eyes on her mom.
Veronica opens the door.

"Daddy!" Valerie squeals. She gets up and runs to Archie. He lifts her into his arms and places on long, loving kiss to her temple. "Happy birthday princess"

"Thank you" she grins "where is my present?"

"Valerie!" Veronica warns.

"Sorry"

Archie laughs and kisses her head again. "It's still in the car. Uncle Reggie is waiting"

"Uncle Reggie is here?" Valerie asks excited. Her eyes sparkle and her hands squeeze Archie's shoulder.

"Mhm. He wanted to see you today and I needed someone to help me carry your present"

Valerie giggles. "Is it a big present?"

"Mhm" Archie grins. He sets her back down and places his hand on her head. "I'll be right back honey. I have to help Reggie carry your present"

"Can I come with you?"

"Ask mommy"

Valerie spins around. She looks up to Veronica with big eyes. "Mommy can I?"

"Sure honey"

Valerie giggles and turns back to Archie. She reaches her arms towards him but he shakes his head. "You're five years old now and you have two healthy feet. You can walk on your own"

"Fine" she mumbles. She grabs her dad's hand and pulls him to the elevators.
Once they're outside Valerie holds on to Archie's hand tightly. The crowded streets of Manhattan scare her sometimes. All her fear disappears when she sees Reggie. She lets go of Archie's hand and runs towards her dad's friend.

"Reggie!" she giggles. He tosses her into the air and then holds her close. "Happy birthday girly"

"Thank you" she giggles.
Valerie gasps when she sees the big present in the back of Archie's truck. "Is that for me?"

"Mhm"

"What is it?"

"You will have to wait to find out" Reggie laughs "I won't tell you"

"Okay" she squeals. She kisses Reggie's cheek before he sets her back down. She proudly walks in front of the two men, leading them up to the apartment.

•••

"Mommy, mommy look! My present is so big!" Valerie squeals. She runs to Veronica, grabs her hand and jumps up and down.

"Oh wow" Veronica says. She really is surprised by the size of the present. It's almost as big as Valerie.
"Archie I told you I don't want you to buy anything expensive"

"It wasn't. I did this myself. Okay Reggie helped me"

"Can I open it now mommy? Please, please, pretty please?"

"No honey. I told you we open presents when everyone's here. Auntie Betty and Uncle Jug aren't here yet, grandma isn't here, Katy isn't here-"

"Pleeeeaaaaase"

"And why should we break the rules?" Veronica giggles. She runs her fingers through Valerie's hair.

"Because you're the best mommy in the world and I love you so much"

"Okay fine but just that one present"

Valerie squeals she kisses Veronica's hand before she  runs to Archie. Veronica follows. She's curious about what's inside.
Within seconds the little girl unwraps the gift. She gasps and covers her mouth. It's a giant doll house, one that looks exactly like the Pembrooke. There are so many details.
"Now you always have a little piece of Riverdale here at home"

"It's beautiful daddy. Thank you!" She grins widely and wraps her arms tightly around his legs.
"You're welcome princess. Say thank you to uncle Reggie too. He helped me"

Valerie turns her head and looks up to Reggie. She blows him a little kiss which he responds to with a "you're welcome girly"

"Mommy, daddy can we play a little bit?"

Veronica sighs "You can play with Reggie and daddy. Mommy has to help abuelita with some stuff"

Valerie looks up to the two men. A little smile develops on her face before she giggles. "Can we play please?" she asks and batts her eyelashes. She may only be 5 years old but she knows how she can make Archie do what she wants.

•••

Archie and Veronica sit next to each other on the couch. They stare at Valerie who sits on the floor and plays with her barbies and her new doll house. Their parents are in the kitchen. This is much like Valerie's  first birthday or any of her birthdays. There is silence between Archie and Veronica. It's not an uncomfortable one but it's not really comfortable either.

Archie turns his gaze to Veronica. She looks beautiful. She looks like someone who could rule the world. "Ronnie can we talk?"

"About what?"

"About that kiss we shared last week" he whispers to make sure no one hears. "Do you regret it?"

"I don't want to talk about it"

"So you do" he sighs.

"I didn't say that"

"So you don't?"

"I didn't say that either. I said I don't want to talk about it"

"Women are complicated" he mumbles under his breath.

"Excuse me?" she scoffs and turns to him.

"Sorry but I just wanna talk about it. You kissed me. I mean-"

"I don't know what I was feeling or thinking in that moment but you cheated on me and I will never be able to forget that"

"Come on Veronica that was like 6 years ago"

"So that mean I can't be mad about it anymore?" she says and gets up.
He gets up too and lightly grabs her wrist. He turns her towards him so they look into each other's eyes.

"Don't touch me!"

"Sorry I just wanna talk to you. You always run away"

"I remember a time where you run away and left me behind heartbroken and scared"

"Seriously?"

"Yes seriously Archie!"

"You're unbelievable"

"Me?"

"Yes you Ronnie!" he says loudly "I'm trying everything I can but you push me away"

"STOP!" Valerie cries. She stands between her parents and tries to push Archie away from Veronica. Her hands are on his hips as she pushes him backwards.
"Don't fight!" she sniffs. She turns to her mom. Veronica has to look into her daughter's tear stained face. She made her cry, on her birthday.
"Valerie" Veronica whispers. She walks towards her to take her into her arms but the little girl shakes her head.
"Leave me alone!" she says before she runs to her room.

"I got it" Mary sighs and follows the little girl. Archie and Veronica didn't even notice how their moms came back into the living room.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT" Veronica yells.

"Mine? You-"

"STOP!" Hermione interrupts them. "You two should be ashamed of yourselves. Your five year old daughter has to step between you two to stop you from fighting. This is not the first time you made her cry. It's her birthday and instead of having a good time, she's in her room.
Veronica I know he hurt you but you can't yell at him with Valerie in the room. It hurts her and trust me these are things she will never forget. Archie, you can be lucky that you're even a part of Valerie's life. If I were Veronica I would've never told you about her. You two are 23 years old. Put your daughter's needs in front of your own!"

Veronica sighs. "You're right. I'm sorry"

"Me too" Archie mumbles.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to each other. I'm going to check on your daughter. You two figure out your problems" with that Hermione disappears.

Archie turns to Veronica. "I'm sorry Ronnie"

"About what? Cheating or yelling?"

"Both. I know you don't want me to talk about .... me kissing Betty and I know that you will never accept my apology but please believe me when I say I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you"

"I believe you" she says and crosses her arms in front of her chest. "I will always hate you though"

"And that's okay. You have every right to hate me but can we agree on something?"

"What?"

"Can we be a little bit nicer to each other? You know, for Valerie. You can't spend the rest of your life hating me"

"Watch me"

"Come on Ronnie"

She sighs and turns to him. On his face sits a little smile and his hazel eyes are sparkling.

"Fine"

He grins and opens his arms widely while taking a step towards her.

"What?"

"Hug?" he smiles.

"No!"

"Come on Ronnie. You're my baby's mommy. You'll always have a special place in my heart.

She rolls her eyes and steps closer to him so he can wrap his arms around her. She keeps her arms in front of her chest. "I swear, if you tell anyone we did this, I'll kill you"

"Come on, let's check on our baby" Archie smiles and lets go of her again.

When they walk into Valerie's room they see her sitting between her grandmas with Fred the bunny in her arms. Tears run down her cheeks. She even has tear stains on her dress. Both of them feel horrible. They love Valerie more than anything else at it kills them that their fighting is the reason for her sadness.

Mary kisses the girl's head before she and Hermione walk past Veronica and Archie back into the living room.

"Hey sweetheart, can we come in?" Veronica asks. Valerie nods and wipes her tears away with her bunny.

Veronica sits down and pulls her daughter into her lap. Archie sits down next to them.

"We're so sorry honey" Archie begins "we love you so much, more than you can imagine. We didn't want to make you cry"

Valerie nods and leans into Veronica's chest. "I don't want you to fight"

"We're sorry mija" Veronica whispers and starts to run her fingers through Valerie's raven curls. "Like daddy already said, we love you. You're always our number one. We'd do anything for you. Can you forgive us?"

"Yes" Valerie sniffs.

Veronica holds her close and kisses her head over and over again while Archie kisses her cheek.

"What do you want to do now princess?" he asks.

"I want to snuggle with you and mommy"

Archie looks to Veronica for a second and then back to Valerie. He sighs "Val-"

"Please" the little girl mumbles.

"Okay mija" Veronica smiles. She kisses her daughter's head before she sits closer to Archie. He wraps his arm around her and places his hand on Valerie's stomach. Her little hand holds Archie other hand and her legs lie over his lap. This is how they held their daughter when she was born, exactly 5 years ago. Archie blushes. He likes having both of them in his arms. Veronica likes it too. She feels safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.9K 59
With everything that has changed, no one really thought that the culprit would ever be caught and punished. It was like all the hope was lost. "it wi...
3.6K 119 34
[COMPLETE] Betty Cooper, young bright mind and with a beautiful future one night is kidnapped and assaulted. When a few weeks goes by she's given the...
50.4K 1.1K 31
betty cooper and archie andrews were supposed to be the best of friends. however, since they both began dating their respective romantic partners the...
31.5K 258 51
A few years after Betty and Jughead broke up and left for college, the high school sweethearts and all of the friends are invited to their high schoo...