Bound

By WritingGals

Two very different people who shares one common thing: They're afraid of falling in love. Eleanor Edeson, a m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Three

88.7K 2.1K 137
By WritingGals

Chapter Three

Eleanor's POV

My hard dedication to job hunting still hasn't paid off. I was exactly two months jobless with the exception to the one I so fortunately have at Starbucks. I was already using my emergency savings in the bank for my sons and I. I was quickly running low on cash. The salary I received at Starbucks barely covered the clothes I bought for the boys. They were growing and needed new clothes, or I should say second hand clothing from good will.

In those two months, I had also been surprised to see much of Parker. He's been getting his regular drink at the Starbucks I work at of all places. We had chatted all those times he came whenever I was working. I'd come to know him well. He was only a year older than me, well from the age he told me. Parker turned out to be a kind-hearted person unlike the first time I saw him. He had a wonderful sense of humor that made him seem less uptight from the suits or polos he usually wore. I never saw him in any casual clothing now that I thought about it.

Any girl would be a fool if they didn't notice how handsome he also was. His blonde hair with strands of brown was always in a stylishly messy hairdo. It suited him. The green eyes I noticed the first time I saw him were actually brown. The sunlight only hit the green specks in them giving my point of view thinking he had green eyes. They were beautiful. 

Of course I stuck to my rule of never falling in love ever again, but that didn't mean I couldn't have my share of fun. It's been years ever since Riley that I'd experienced dating. After a month of getting to know Parker, he asked me out on a date. I didn't do kiss on a first date, but we did share our first kiss on our second date. After that, dates have been planned for every night we were both available. 

It felt relaxing to date again and put myself out in the field. After Riley, I was an emotional wreck and couldn't hold a relationship. With Parker, everything was so easy. He didn't complicate things. We both knew what we wanted, and it was just a light relationship. We never officialized our relationship, but that was what's so good about it. There was no pressure. 

I was actually getting out of the bus to a club that Parker wanted to meet me at this Saturday night. The place was hard to miss. There was an ever-ending line wrapped around one side of the building. I could also feel the vibrations of the pounding music through the brick walls. I quickly got to the end of the line peeking over the heads of people to see how long it would take for me to be able to get in. 

I haven't been to a dancing club in almost four years! I used to go to them with Riley all the time, but when I got pregnant with Luke I stopped going having better priorities set in my head. I sighed tapping my foot impatiently against the cement floor. I sent a text to Parker that I probably wouldn't be able to get in for at least thirty more minutes. I couldn't do anything but wait in line inching very slowly to the front.

"Boo," I jumped up startled at feeling warm breathing fanning over the bare skin between my neck and shoulder. I heard an all-too familiar chuckle behind me and turned around to see the handsome face of Parker. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his heated body shielding me from the cool, airy night. "You're looking sexy tonight, ma cheríe." He whispered seductively into my ear.

I sighed softly at hearing his sexy deep voice. "Hi." I greeted kissing the cloth covering his chest. "Did you get my text message?"

I turned my head up to meet his intense gaze looking at mine. My eyes trailed over the features on his face. He had such defined jawline like his abs. I hadn't seen them myself, but my hands were trapped between our bodies and was placed on top of stomach. I could feel every dip and lines of it just through his tightly-fit button down shirt. My eyes involuntarily dropped down to his glorious full lips. Lips I had kissed many times during the short period we've been dating.

"I did," he murmured dipping his head down to mine to finally crash our lips together in a sensuous kiss.

His kiss never failed to amaze me. I responded back immediately like I always did. His lips were always so warm no matter the temperature. It warmed me to the crown of my head all the way to my toes. My hands traveled to his hair, tangling them in it bringing him impossibly closer to me. I let out a low moan forgetting we were in front of other people, and his tongue seeked out to find mine.

I felt Parker reluctantly pull back and giving me one of those heart-stopping smiles he always gave me. "Let's go inside, you're freezing."

I nodded giving him a small pout in which he bent down to kiss before pulling me to the front of the line. I was surprised to see we had been let in without any hesitation. Whenever we would go out to public places, Parker seemed to have this influence over people.

I asked him about it one time but he was vague on answering me saying he had connections. The thought of not knowing who he really was should scare me, but it did quite the opposite. It gave me this certain thrill and made him even more attractive in my eyes. That night, I swore to myself I'd find out who he really was before the night was over.

After getting back to Summer's place after the date with Parker, I felt guilty enough to help her wash the dishes. My boys were already fed and fast asleep in the bedroom we shared. I apologized profusely to her.

"Eleanor, babe, I'm glad you're out having fun. You haven't had time to yourself in a long time!" Then, Summer teasingly asked, "So who's the guy?"

I rolled my eyes and took the wet plate from her drying it in the process. "No one. He's just a friend that I met while working at Starbucks." I lied.

"Uh huh," she turned to give me a patronizing look. "Don't come to me in the future asking for advice on love." 

"I told you I was never going to fall in love again," I reminded her. "I'm done with love. I've got my boys and they're all I need."

"Tell yourself that in five years," Summer teased. "So what's his name?"

"Who?"

"The guy you've been seeing!" 

"Parker Jenkins," I told her.

Parker finally told me his last name tonight when he was dropping me off. It didn't really help me much since I didn't know any Jenkins. When I wasn't handed a plate to dry, I turned to my friend about to see what was wrong. I found her beside me with her mouth dropped open. 

"Jenkins? Parker Jenkins?" She asked with a disbelieving look on her face.

"Summer, what's wrong? Is he one of your ex-boyfriends? I'm sorry, I didn't know!"

"Parker's the son and heir of the multi-billionaire CEO and owner of British Airways," Finn butted into our conversation giving his fiancée a kiss on the cheek before grabbing a pop from the fridge. "Also several other small airlines. AKA one of the most wealthiest man in the world."

Summer nodded enthusiastically with her mouth still wide open. I was shocked myself learning these news. I knew Parker had to be somehow part of the media, but I've never expected this. Why would he lie to me? 

"I never knew you were seeing a rich guy, Eleanor," Finn winked. "Much less Parker Jenkins himself."

"I didn't know myself," I muttered frowning.

"You didn't know?" Summer asked surprised. I shook my head. "I thought that'd be the first thing he'll tell you to get into his bed."

I blushed slightly but what caught my attention was the last part she said. "What do you mean?"

"He's the most wanted eligible bachelor! He can get every girl he wants. He's been in the newspapers several times just for that reason."

All along I'd been seeing a player? I thought bitterly. "Summer, can I use your office?"

She nodded and I dried the last plate before going into the small office and using her laptop. I believe I had some researching to do myself. I typed in Parker Jenkins in the search bar and lots of pictures popped up. In every picture, it was himself with a lady on his arms or either a bottle of beer. I was disgusted with him already. The Parker in the pictures didn't seem like the Parker I got to know well.

He even had his own Wikipedia page! I looked through it and found out all sorts of family affairs. He had one sister. Parker was the only heir to the British Airways and other airlines. I was getting angrier by the minute. I've been finding out all sorts of things from him.

I couldn't believe he kept such an important detail from me. Was that why he kept his last name from me? He knew I knew that he was big in the media, maybe he didn't want me searching him up like I'm doing now. I was going to have to confront him tomorrow about it. I was going to end this  thing between us whatever it is! I didn't want to have anything to do with the likes of Parker Jenkins. 

The next morning, I woke up earlier to get ready for my shift at Starbucks. Summer was going back to work since the summer holiday was over, so I had to bring Peyton and Luke with me. They weren't trouble makers, but the only way they behaved was if they were occupied all of the time. That's why I brough a bag full of storybooks for Peyton and toys for Luke.

I strapped Peyton in his stroller and decided to walk to Starbucks instead of taking the bus. I made sure Luke stayed close to me. Thank goodness Summer's apartment was closer to it than the previous place I lived in. It was a sunny day outside but had an umbrella just in case it would rain. 

Frederick, my boss, was okay with me bringing my kids to work since he knew my situation. He actually adores them, treating them like they were his own grandchildren. I was the one to open up the cafe today so it was empty when I got there. I settled the stroller in the back of the place away from all of the customers' ways. Peyton was sleeping so he shouldn't be a problem for now. I let Luke outside in adjoining patio to play with his toys. I had a good view him just in case anything happens.

Melanie, one of my co-workers, came in minutes after I did and helped me put all the chairs down and set the place up for opening. We got along fairly well. A few minutes after opening, we received our first couple customers. I took their order and made their drinks while Melanie handled the drive-through.

I served the last of the customers before Peyton woke up. I carried him in my arms for a bit before settling him down with a storybook. Luke was still tied up on his toys coming in twice to ask for a cookie. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a figure in front of the counter, and I went over to take his order.

"Good morning, what can I get-" I looked up to see a grinning Parker. "What can I get for you today?" I said in a more monotone voice.

"The usual," he said winking. 

I wonder when he would find out something's wrong. I made his drink in a bitter mood and placed it in front of him, ungently. "Are they your kids whom you've been telling me about?" He pointed his head to Peyton in the stroller and Luke at the table eating. I nodded. I told Parker the other day they were going to be coming with me today, and he was excited to meet them. That was also one thing that made Parker likable. He didn't mind me being a single mom.

He stood up about to go over there when I stopped him. "Don't."

Parker's green-brown eyes stared at me bewildered. "Is something wrong, ma cheríe? You haven't been welcoming since I got here. Did I do something?" The use of his term of endearment always seemed to weaken my heart. It was French for darling. I remembered him telling me he was fluent in that language since he basically grew up there during the holidays as he was a child.

"Heir of British Airways? Most sought bachelor by ladies all over the city?" I said acidicly. "Does that ring a bell, Parker Jenkins?"

He sighed and ran a hand through his unruly locks of hair. "I didn't want for you to find out this way." 

"When exactly were you planning to tell me?" I retorted. 

"Can we go outside and talk in private?" He pleaded. 

I gave him a terse nod and seeing that Melanie wasn't busy, we went out through a side door that led to the patio tables and chairs outside. 

"Care to explain?" I asked staring at anything but him. 

I was examining his clothes not wanting to meet his eyes. He had on a navy blue button-down shirt that fit him in all the right places. It showed off his defined muscles and abs. The way his bicep flexed as he once again ran a hand through his hair. I snapped out of my thoughts staring past his shoulder into the street.

"I was planning on telling you soon," he started. "I've never had a friend who truly liked me for me, and you didn't seem to know anything about me so I could be myself around you."

"Bullshit!" I exclaimed staring at him now. "What is this? A soap opera? Cut the act, Parker and just tell me you're a manwhore who doesn't care about a girl's feelings!"

"Why can't you just believe me?"

"Because it's hard to after you lying to me," I spat. "What? Was I some kind of bet between you and that friend you brought it first time I saw you? Oh, how long would it take for Parker Jenkins to bed a poor single mom? Is that some type of a sick joke? Just tell me right now in the face that you never did care about all the conversations we had. You just wanted to charm me into your filthy bed, because that's the type of guy you are, am I correct?"

"You're right!" He fired back. "I never did care about how you make good coffee or your job interviews! I never cared about your kids. It was only a way to get to you to agree with a deal I had."

What he said was like a slap in the face. I stared at him dumbfounded shocked at his words. My sight was getting blurry. I couldn't bring myself to defend my sons and I. I was trembling from my anger but couldn't do anything.

Parker continued. "And my deal is for you to accept my marriage proposal."

I snapped my eyes to lock with his. "Are you fucking kidding me? A marriage?" 

"Let me explain will you?" He glowered back all signs of the kind-hearted Parker vanishing and in his place a cold-hearted egotistical man. "My father wants me to be married to a woman before I could take on his position to run his multiple companies. As a revenge, I was going to marry a woman who he would for sure disapprove of." Another slap in the face for Eleanor Edeson! I thought bitterly. "You were the perfect girl! A poor woman, with no morals, and a mother of two. So don't you think all those time that I actually cared about you, because I don't." He smirked. "You were an easy catch. No money with kids. Why not marry a wealthy man?"

Finally, I did something with my fury. I slapped him across the face stinging my own hand in the process. "Get that triumphant grin of that disgusting face of yours because there is no way in bloody hell will I get married to a man like you. You are sick in the head Parker Jenkins. That STD must have taken a toll on your head." His face hardened and was about to say something. "I thought you were truly a kind person, Parker, but I guess I was wrong."

I turned around quickly and got back inside, hastily wiping the tears that escaped. I was behind the counter when I saw Parker put down a card on the counter softly saying, "Whenever you decide to change your mind," and walking out of Starbucks and hopefully out of my life.

I put in all my attention and focus to my work that morning wanting to get Parker off of mind. I busied myself with taking care of my two boys during the short break I had and serving customers. I worked an extra shift today when Frederick asked me to take one since one employee called in sick. 

Therefore, it was already seven pm when I got out of Starbucks and started to head towards Summer's apartment. It was then that my thoughts had to go to Parker and the huge blow out we had today. I was truly in shock that he pretended to be the nice caring guy he was. It felt so genuine, but they were right. Looks could be deceiving. 

Also that marriage proposal he had for me was plain ridiculous! Parker made me felt like I was some sort of a gold-digger. I might had money problems but that didn't mean I would marry for money. I wasn't planning on marrying at all. Period. I could support my kids myself. I'd find a way, I'd been doing so for the past two- almost three years.

I finally reached the apartment, and the door was unlocked so I just strolled on in. I unbuckled Peyton in the stroller and let them walk around. I followed the rising voices in the kitchen. 

"Finn, we are not sending my best friend away!" I heard Summer's angry voice. "She has nowhere to go, can't you see that?"

"Where else will my mom and sister stay?" Finn's furious voice replied back. "You know how much they hate staying at hotels. We can let Eleanor and her kids stay at a hotel during the two weeks my family's visiting. I'll even pay for it."

"Finn, that's not the point!" Summer exasperated. "She'll think she's a huge burden on us, and I don't want her feeling that way!"

I was hidden beside the wall that separated the dining room and the living room, eavesdropping on their conversation. I was slowly breaking on the inside. I knew there was going to come a day where I wouldn't have anywhere to go.

"Babe, let's not fight over this alright," I heard Finn ending the conversation. "I'll talk to my mom and sister. They'll understand."

I wiped my tears and pretended to just have walked in. "Hey guys."

"Eleanor!" Summer exclaimed standing up, still thinking I hadn't heard their conversation. "Have you been here long?"

I pursed my lips and lied. "No...I just got back from Starbucks. I had to work two shifts today."

Finn excused himself, and it was only Summer and me left. "Listen Summer... I found a place where my boys and I could stay."

"What? No!" Summer said her black hair disentangling from the braid she'd done. "You can stay here as long as you want. No matter who comes to visit."

I laugh knowing that she despises her soon-to-be mother in law. "No, really. You and Finn have done so much for my boys and I. I can't give this place up. It's too good of a deal."

Summer hesitated before saying, "Well... All right. Although you call me whenever you need anything, okay? Promise me you would." 

I nodded. "I promise. Let me go make that call now outside."

I excused myself and went outside of the apartment into the chilly evening weather. I couldn't believe what I was doing at that point. I guess he was right. I was desperate of money. I pulled out the business card Parker left for himself on the counter and dialled the phone number on there.

--A/N 

Picture on the side is of Luke!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 72.2K 39
Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go a day without some chicken nuggets. She'...
19.9K 1.3K 33
Ellie thought she'd never find love again, especially after having her son, Noah, and the love of her life leaving her to raise their child alone. El...
4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
1.4M 60.6K 58
Enemies to 🔥Rom com ************* Charles Winston Mayer-Chaz-is your typical trust fund, never gonna grow up playboy. His carefree bachelor existenc...