The Way We Were (A Jeffrey De...

Por Chupacabra94

Veronica or Ronnie, as someone very special once called her, wasn't expecting her life to turn out this way... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 34

828 23 11
Por Chupacabra94

*Ronnie's POV*

I paced the green room back and forth as I watched the T.V. that was streaming the panel. Cliff had put it on mute so that I couldn't hear what was being said, but that didn't stop me from making up my own story in my head. "Ronnie, sit down," a voice behind me said but I was too focused on the T.V. to pay attention to who it was.

I knew Charlie was sitting on the couch eating a snack. She had no idea what was going on. "Ronnie," I kept pacing not paying attention. I couldn't look at the T.V. I needed to distract myself. "Veronica!" hands were placed on my shoulders and brought me to an abrupt stop. I blinked a few times not even noticing that tears were coming out of my eyes and flowing down my cheeks.

Rob's blurry figure was standing right in front of me with a look of concern in his eyes. "Hey..Hey Ronnie. I need you to sit down," he said while leading me to the couch across from Charlie. A bottle of water was placed in my hand. I couldn't get it open because my hands were shaking so bad.

Rob took it out of my hands and opened it before holding it back out to me. I took it and took a small drink before swallowing and then chugging half of the bottle. I guess I hadn't realized how thirsty I was. Rob took the bottle back from me and sat it beside us on a table while I sat back in the couch with my eyes closed.

Rob rubbed one of my shoulders gently. "Everything's gonna be okay, Ronnie," he said. I rubbed the bridge of my nose and opened my eyes to look at Rob. "Says you, your face is already in the media," I said just as the door to the green room opened. Rob and I stood up from the couch just as Jensen, Jared, Jeffrey, and Sam all walked in together.

Rob stepped away from me. My eyes were focused on Jeffrey but I could tell that all eyes were on us. My feet felt like concrete and I couldn't move. Jeffrey's long strides came across the room in no time and he had me wrapped up in a tight hug. It took every fiber of my being to not break down again.

Before I had a chance to pull back and say anything, Jeffrey kept one arm wrapped around me and he lead me to a small private room that was right off of the green room. He shut the door behind us as I practically collapsed on the couch. "Charlie," I said softly as he came and sat beside me.

Jeffrey ran a hand through his hair. "There's a room full of people out there that I doubt at this rate would let her out of their sights," he said as his hand came to rest on my leg lightly. His thumb started rubbing soft circles on my inner thigh trying to soothe me. I closed my eyes as I relaxed into his touch.

"What are we gonna do, Jeff?" I asked him softly. His hand stopped moving on my thigh and he squeezed it gently. "Honestly, I don't know. We knew this would come someday. I just wasn't expecting some day to be so soon. I was hoping that we could hang out in our bubble a little while longer," he said.

I nodded. I was hoping it could've been like that forever. Jeffrey still could've been the superstar he was as long as Charlie and I weren't stalked by paparazzi. I sighed and sat forward so I was right beside Jeffrey. His hand left my thigh and his arm came around my shoulders as he pulled me into him.

I turned slightly and buried my head in his shoulder. "I'm just scared about what people will think, what they will dig up. Charlie's not a baby, so people will start digging into the past," I whispered as I buried my face in his neck. Jeffrey squeezed me gently. "Come here," he said while gently pulling on me.

I moved over to him and he opened his arms to me. I slowly sat down on his lap as he sat back into the couch with me in his arms. My arms went around him as well as I tucked myself into him. One of his hands came up to play with my hair as I calmed at his touch. His scent instantly hit my nose which calmed me even more.

I pulled back to look at him. His eyes were closed with his head resting on the back of the couch. "Can we still try to keep all of this hidden for a while? I just feel like you and I have been doing well lately, and getting media involved I feel like it might ruin things between us. I've enjoyed not fighting with you," I said letting out a small airy laugh at the end of that sentence.

Jeffrey chuckled as his eyes opened. His eyes met mine. A small smile came across his face. "I've enjoyed not fighting with you too," he said as his hands came up to my cheeks. One slid to the base of my neck as he pulled me towards him. I sunk into his touch and let him take control. I sighed as his lips touched mine.

My hands went to his hair as his came to my back and pulled me closer. I tugged at his hair gently which caused him to groan. His hands slipped under my shirt as his nails scratched lightly at my skin. I groaned this time and pulled back before resting my forehead against his. His breath was ragged and matched mine.

"We should probably head back out with everyone before they start talking," I said. Jeffrey slowly nodded before I stood up and offered him a hand. He stood up and pulled me into a tight hug. I buried my head into his chest taking in his scent again before pulling back and looking up at him.

"Everything is gonna be okay. You just gotta trust me, trust everyone in this room. Nobody is gonna let anything happen to you or Charlie," he said. I nodded and he pressed a kiss to my forehead before grabbing my hand and opening the door. Everyone jumped like they had been waiting on the door to open.

Jensen had Charlie in his arms and Jared smiled in our directions. Jeffrey dropped my hand and walked away to do God knows what as I walked up to Jensen and took Charlie from him. "I think Charlie and I are going to call it a day," I said. Jensen and Jared nodded as I put Charlie on the ground and grabbed her hand.

Jeffrey came out of nowhere and grabbed my arm gently. "Hey you okay?" he asked me. Charlie instantly let go of my hand and jumped in his arms. "Yeah, I'm good. You guys have work to do and fans to meet. I think Charlie and I are going to call it a day, order some room service, and maybe check out the sights," I said.

Jeffrey nodded. "Do you want someone to go with you?" he asked me. I shook my head. "I think that will just attract more attention, don't you?" I asked him. He nodded. "Yeah, it might. At least let me go with you," he said. I shook my head and chuckled. "If a bodyguard attracts attention, you will most definitely will," I said. Jeffrey rubbed my arm gently and bit his lip almost like he was thinking.

"Okay fine, but keep your phone on. I will be having someone do periodic checks to make sure no fans are lurking around your room, okay?" he said. I nodded. "Sure, that sounds good, and if I feel something is off I'll let you know," I told him. He nodded and kissed Charlie's forehead making her giggle.

"Daddy loves you, be good for mommy, okay?" he said. Charlie nodded and got down out of his arms. Jeffrey reached forward and kissed my forehead as well. "You too," he said when he pulled back. I felt the confusion come across my face as Jeffrey walked away with one of the security guards most likely heading out to sign more autographs.

I grabbed Charlie's hand and nodded to Cliff as I walked out the door into the chaotic hallway. Fans were running around but none of them seemed to pay any mind to me. Charlie's hand tightened on mine as we made our way into the elevator. I hit the button to our floor and leaned against the wall.

"Are you okay, mommy?" Charlie asked me. I nodded and looked down at her just as the elevator doors opened. "Yes, baby I'm fine, let's get some lunch," I said. Charlie smiled as we made our way into our room. I grabbed the room service menu and sat on the bed with Charlie. "Now, what do we want? Pizza? Mac n Cheese?" I asked. Charlie smiled "Both."

~~

Nothing had happened that day. No crazy fans or crazy hotel staff had bothered us. An occasional body guard would come and walk the floor before heading back down to the lobby. Surprisingly, Jeffrey or the boys never contacted me the rest of the day. I guess they assumed that if I didn't say anything to them then everything was fine.

Later that night after the Con was closed down for the evening, some of the cast went to dinner together. They invited me, but I told them I would pass. I was fearful that being seen with all of them would just cause more rumors to surface all over the internet. Charlie had turned in early anyway after a long day running around the Con and then sight seeing with me in the afternoon.

A light knock on my hotel room door startled me. Charlie was asleep in my bed. I got up from my chair and laid my book on the table before closing the bedroom door softly and heading towards the door just as another small knock signalled on the door again. I opened the door wondering who it was. I wasn't expecting company.

Jeffrey's rugged frame was standing in the doorway. "Hey, Charlie's sleeping," I said softly as I opened the door more to let him in. Little did I know that he wasn't alone. "Hey Kim," I said as she peeked her head into the doorway. Kim was another actor that was on the show. She was such a sweet woman.

I looked over at Jeffrey who was standing in the middle of the room with his hands tucked in his pockets. "Kim wants to watch Charlie, so you can go out with us," Jeffrey said. I shook my head. "No, it's okay, I would rather stay in," I told him. Kim made her way into the room and plopped down on the couch.

"This couch is pretty comfy, I've had a long day. I really don't feel like going out. I'll be fine here," she said while picking up the book that I was previously reading. I chuckled and looked over at Jeffrey who had an almost pleading look in his eyes. He had one of my favorite outfits on. Ripped blue jeans, a black vneck and his mustard leather jacket that he seemed to have for years now.

"Fine, give me ten minutes," I said as I walked past him and into the bedroom where Charlie was sleeping. I made my way quietly to the conjoined bathroom. I grabbed a different outfit from my suitcase and quickly slid into it before running a brush through my hair and plugging in my curling iron.

I pulled my hair up into a bun and left a couple pieces hanging around the front of my face. I put on some simple makeup before throwing some curls into my hair. I applied deodorant and some perfume before unplugging the curling iron and looking myself over in the mirror. I looked alright for a quick touch up job.

I walked out into the bedroom and pulled the covers up over Charlie before giving her a small kiss on the forehead. I walked back out into the living room to see Kim still sitting on the couch and Jeffrey was sitting on the chair in the corner of the room, smoking a cigarette out the open window.

I rolled my eyes and he quickly stamped it out as soon as he saw me. I grabbed a piece of gum from the side table and offered it to him. He chuckled and popped the piece in his mouth. "Kim, if you need anything call or text me," Jeffrey said as he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me out the door.

I waved to Kim over my shoulder as the door closed behind me before saddling up beside Jeffrey and leaning my head against his shoulder as we walked towards the elevator. "You didn't have to do that. I really didn't mind staying in," I said as we stepped inside the elevator. Jeffrey leaned against the wall and pulled me into him.

"People can see, Jeffrey," I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He shrugged and buried his face in my neck leaving a small kiss. "So? Let them," he said. I looked up at him. "Have you been drinking?" I asked him just as the elevator doors opened and we stepped off. He held up his hand signaling at me.

"Maybe just a little," he said with a chuckle as we made our way outside into the cool night air. "Jeffrey Dean!" I scolded him as he pulled me across the parking lot away from some of the stragglers that were hanging outside. "Shhh, don't worry. I got someone to drive us to the restaurant," he said.

I sighed as we approached a car and Jeffrey opened the door for me to jump in the back. Jeffrey jumped in beside me and told the driver where to go. "Are we meeting up with everyone else?" I asked. He nodded before cracking the window slightly and lighting up a cigarette. I went to make a grab for it but his hand stopped mine.

"You have gum in your mouth," I reminded him. His hand came to the back of my neck and he pulled me towards him. His lips hit mine in a quick kind of sloppy kiss. When he pulled back I felt something in my mouth. I quickly recognized what it was. "I don't now," he said before placing the cigarette to his lips and taking a long drag.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the opposite window to try and avoid his cigarette smoke. His hand came to rest on my thigh as we made our way to the restaurant. I laid my hand on top of Jeffrey's. He flipped his hand and laced his fingers with mine. I missed this side of Jeff. The affectionate side.

"We are here, sir," the driver said as we pulled to a stop. It took every part of me not to laugh when the driver called him sir. Jeffrey opened the door and hopped out of the back before helping me down. He took one last drag from the cigarette before tossing it to the sidewalk and wrapping an arm around me.

"We'll probably catch a ride with some of the other group. Don't worry about us," Jeffrey said to the driver before shutting the door. I heard a muffled "have a good night" from the driver before he pulled away from the curb into traffic. Jeffrey lead me into the restaurant where the host greeted us.

Loud laughter came from the back room of the restaurant. Jeffrey smiled at the host and nodded towards the back. "I would say that's where we're supposed to be," he said. She let us by and Jeffrey lead me around tables of people before we walked into a private back room where it seemed like half the cast was sitting around a huge table.

"Hey!" Most of them called out when they seen the two of us together. Jensen got up and pulled out two chairs between him and Jared. Jeffrey pushed me gently in front of him and I made my way to the chair beside Jensen.He slung and arm around my shoulder and placed a kiss to my temple.

I could smell the alcohol on him too. "We haven't ordered yet, so look at the menu guys," Jared siad as he pushed a menu between me and Jeffrey. I leaned back into Jeffrey as he opened the menu. One arm came around me and his hand went to my hair. "Why'd you wear your hair up?" he asked me softly never taking his eyes off the menu.

I shrugged. "It was quick and easy," I said. Jeffrey chuckled and placed his hand back on my shoulder. I watched as some food was being served in the dining room. "I don't even know if I can eat a whole plate by myself," I said seeing how big some of the meals were. Jeffrey's eyes followed mine.

"Why don't you split something with me?" he asked. I shrugged. "Okay, sounds good, pick out whatever," I said. Jeffrey smiled before closing the menu and sitting it down in front of us. A couple waitresses came around and took our orders. I didn't catch what Jeffrey had ordered for us because I was talking to Jensen about Charlie.

Before we knew the waitresses were returning to the table with large plates of food. A waitress came between me and Jeffrey and placed a large plate of fettuccine alfredo in front of us. "Jesus," I said under my breath. I didn't even know if Jeffrey and I could finish this together. The bartender came out of nowhere and placed a fruity looking drink in front of me and a bourbon straight up in front of Jeffrey.

I looked over at Jeffrey who shrugged. "It was me," Jensen said as he took another drink of his beer. I took a small sip. To say it was strong was an understatement. I placed the drink back down and took a drink of my water. "Jesus, I could get drunk off of that one by itself. It tastes like cough syrup" I said.

Jeffrey chuckled before pouring some of his bourbon in my glass. I glared over at him. "Oh yeah, cause that's gonna make it taste better," I told him. He chuckled before digging into the food in front of him. I grabbed a fork and dug in as well before tuning in to the conversation around me wondering what the night was going to hold.

--

This was a loooooong one! Predictions?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

67.1K 2.1K 98
Never did you think you would have children of your own, especially with the love of your life. Now that you finally do, you have to realize that the...
34.3K 721 14
COMPLETED ✅ 17k views?! Thanks so much! :D ❌ "you scared? You sure as hell will be soon, my lovely daughter." ❌ Negan kills, it makes him have a cert...
86.6K 1.5K 54
pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcefully didn't make the situation any easie...
6.3K 126 19
{A Daryl Dixon's daughter x Carl Grimes slowburn} Daryl was never considered someone that would have a chance living a well rounded live, destined to...