For Me, This Is Heaven (Lucin...

By Fireemblem8cuts

Y/N and Lucina love each other dearly. But how can they hope to ever unite if whole worlds, life, and death... More

Chapter 1: Never Let You Go
Chapter 2: Hey Jealousy
Chapter 3: When You Know
Chapter 4: Don't Go
Chapter 6: Closer
Chapter 7: Clean
Chapter 8: Born To Quit
Chapter 9: Don't Give In
Chapter 10: Blood On My Hands
Chapter 11: Damage
Chapter 12: Stay Awake
Chapter 13: Disintegration
Chapter 14: Into The Void
Chapter 15: Even Deeper
Chapter 16: How To Disappear Completely
Chapter 17: I'm Not From This World
Chapter 18: The Worst Crime
Chapter 19: Death Is Close

Chapter 5: I'm Lost Without You

1.5K 27 3
By Fireemblem8cuts

Hey there everyone! Sorry for publishing this chapter late, I just felt that I had to take my time with this in order to produce the best I could do. I'm thinking of changing my plans for this story too, so just expect late updates, to be safe. Currently working on my chapter for Wounded, but I'm not sure when I'll have that out by. School's starting up soon, to my dismay.

Anyways, hope you enjoy chapter five!

--Y/N POV--
Lucina...

I'm lost without you.

It had been two weeks since Lucina's strange disappearance, and I felt less alive than a risen. I had a lot of trouble in explaining it to the rest of the Shepherds, and some of the more skeptical ones still didn't believe me. 

But I knew what I saw. Lucina tumbling forward into my arms, suddenly as weak as a kitten... And then, her fading into nothingness. What had happened? I racked my brain for a rational explanation, and came up empty. 

All of that curiosity and confusion I felt were long gone. They had both been replaced by one thing- despair, sorrow, loneliness. I hardly talked to people anymore, preferring to stay in me and Lucina's tent, sniffing the sheets as if they contained some small remnants of her scent. Lucina wouldn't have wanted this... wherever she was, she would've wanted me to act like everything was normal, to live a normal life like she never left.

But how was that possible when half of my heart had disappeared with her?

Speaking to other living beings felt like a chore. I was always cranky and half asleep, which meant that they hardly bothered me now. I was fine with that, and so were they. 

Sometimes, it got really bad. When the yearning to see her face again, to hear her soothing voice, to wrap my arms around her, got too strong, I didn't eat for days at a time. I usually found myself turning to my guitar, singing her song once more.

Can you still feel the butterflies?
Can you still hear the last goodnight?

Even though it had only been two weeks, it felt like a lifetime. Lucina... wherever you are... do you still love me the way I do? I don't think I could bear to see Lucina with someone else...

Anna: Y/N, are you in there? You have to come out!

I grumbled. Out of everyone, Anna had been trying the hardest to get me to come out of my tent. She knew how much I loved and missed Lucina, and I knew all she wanted to do was help, but going out there and living as if nothing happened just felt like a huge injustice to her.

This time, though, Anna barged in, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the tent.

Anna: I'm done with you moping around like this? What if Lucina saw you like this?

I stopped struggling and let her take me. She had struck on a nerve there...

She brought me to the tables at which we had our meals, and sat me down on a bench. Everybody else who was eating looked up, and, realizing who it was, scooted away ever so slightly. I sighed, massaging my temples and slouching.

Anna ran off to get food and came back with two steaming bowls of... stew. Gag me now. I stared at the unshapely green mush that strangely matched my mood. I picked up a spoon and speared it into the stew, muttering and grumbling halfheartedly. I couldn't even be mad without Lucina. All I felt was misery.

Anna: Y/N... How are you?

I jerked my head up and looked into her somewhat concerned eyes. It felt good to know that you have a friend you can count on.

Y/N: Honestly? Horrible... I need to find her, Anna. Even if it's the last thing I ever do.

She nodded, understanding my feelings, while giving me a reassuring look. 

Anna: Look, we're going to find her... eventually. I'm sure of that.

I sighed, taking the spoon out of my stew and twirling it around.

Y/N: There's only one problem... How soon is "eventually?" I don't know how long I can last without her...

I gripped my left hand with my right to stop it from shaking. I looked up at the sky. Lucina... I'll find you. 

I took out the jeweled sheath she gave me for our anniversary and kissed it. It felt like my final link to her...

I'll find you Lucina, I will...

--Lucina POV--
I directed my gaze to the colorless ceiling. I tried to use it as a distraction from the desolation and meaninglessness I felt without Y/N. Y/N was the first, and only person that made me feel an ache in my heart whenever he wasn't around. I learnt that the hard way... 

I sighed wistfully as I remembered the time Y/N had to go off to Ylisse to buy some things he needed. He was only gone for a week, but every day felt like forever. But this... this was different. I was in an entirely new world, with no one to comfort me. And, I didn't know how long it would be before I saw him again.

I tried to reminisce some of my favorite memories of him, to take my mind off what was happening in the present.

I giggled as a memory of me before we confessed to each other popped in my head. What I wouldn't give to be with him right now...

--Flashback--
Y/N: L-Lucina? Are you okay?

I looked up from my food to find myself face to face with Y/N's mesmerizing E/C eyes. I could stare into them for hours... I shook myself to break the spell, smiling.

Lucina: Of course I am! Thanks to you!

Today was the day after he saved me on the battlefield, from that enemy with an axe. That was also when I realized that I was attracted to him. I blushed as he sat down next to me.

His face was red too, smiling sheepishly.

Y/N: Th-There's no need to thank me.

I traced the defined curves of his gorgeous face. I wanted to press my lips to his so badly... To tousle his hair with my fingers... Come to think of it, ever since I met him, he had been looking out for me. I guess I must have taken it for granted up until now...

Severa nudged my arm, making me look at her. She grinned teasingly, gesturing to Y/N. I blushed profusely, looking down at the table. Was I that obvious?? Darn. I should work on my composure more...

She stood up and beckoned to me to come over to a place where Y/N couldn't hear us. I looked at him. He looked deep in thought... I stood up and crept over to Severa, who was still smirking.

She leaned over and whispered in my ear.

Severa: So... Y/N, huh? Didn't expect that...

I felt my face flush crimson again. "Y-Yeah..."

She gave me a playful push in the chest. 

Severa: You should talk to him! 

I ran my fingers through my hair absentmindedly, staring at the ground in nervousness. 

Lucina: B-But... I'm scared... What if he doesn't like m-me back?

She glared at me, crossing her arms in irritation.

Severa: So you mean you're telling me that the Lucina, the same Lucina who's faced the undead, fallen dragons, and mad kings, is afraid of confessing her feelings to someone? You've got to be kidding me.

She had a point there... I nodded determinedly, and walked up to Y/N, who was staring into space. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. I felt my breath get sucked out of me as I glanced at his handsome face once more.

Y/N: What is it, Lucina?

Lucina: I... G-Gah!

I hid my face in my hands and walked off. I could almost see the look of exasperation on Severa's face, and the cute puzzlement that would be on Y/N's. I ran into my tent and let tears of frustration drip onto my pillow. Why was it so hard?

I just knew that if I confessed to him and he didn't reciprocate my feelings, it would break my heart. I had had crushes before, but there was something different about him... Like the two of us being together would just feel... right.

I pulled the covers over me, hoping that no one would come in. One day, Y/N... I'm sure of it...

--Timeskip--
That was a few weeks before he confessed to me... And when he did, everything clicked into place.

As the memory faded, the pain in my chest swelled again. I groaned as someone knocked on the door.

Sharena: Wakey wakey, Lucina! There's a lot to do today!

I opened the door to find Sharena standing there, looking rested and energetic. I yawned and scratched my head.

Lucina: A-Already? Fine...

I fixed my clothes and ventured outside into the harsh sunlight. My first day in this strange world... with no one that I knew. What would it be like?

--Timeskip--
I pulled my aching joints to a chair away from the main concentration of new heroes, and sat down. According to Sharena, Anna, the commander of the Order of Heroes, was going to brief us on what we were fighting. I didn't protest, because it offered some diversion from the absence of Y/N.

Most of the other heroes mingled together, socializing and making new friends. I didn't feel like doing it, because the first thing they would do would be to ask me about my life before coming here, and bringing that up would only make me lapse back into sadness.

Sharena had given me a tour of the headquarters of the Order. I felt worn down to the bone after that grueling activity. Normally, I would've been fine, but it seemed that my despondence had played with my metabolism. I just wanted to sleep... Sleep until the day I could wake up and find Y/N lying next to me, kissing the top of my head, playing with my hair...

But I couldn't sleep. I tried so hard to last night, to no avail. Dozing off just didn't feel right without him.

Anna: Okay, listen up everyone! I'm Anna, commander of the Order of Heroes.

She walked up to a guy in green armor who was staring into space. She leaned close to him and smiled grimly.

Anna: That makes me your boss.

The man straightened up in his seat and saluted absentmindedly.

Man: Y-Yes miss!

Anna: Okay. Now, with that out of the way, the situation- currently, we are allied with Nifl against Muspell, who, if left unnoticed, pose a huge threat to our world. If they defeat us, there is a good chance that they could go beyond our world, into the homes you hold dear.

I gulped. Strange, otherworldly people in Ylisse? It would create nationwide panic!

She continued on about our strategies and whatnot, but I stopped listening as a strange voice sounded in my head.

(A/N: Speech in italics are inside Lucina's thoughts)

???: Hello... Lucina...

Lucina: What? Wh-Who are you?

???: You'll find out soon enough... soon enough...

Sharena: Lucina? Lucina? Are you okay?

I jerked my head up and found myself staring into the concerned eyes of Sharena.

Sharena: You seemed very preoccupied... Are you sure everything's alright?

Lucina: Hm? O-Oh yeah, I'm f-fine!

She stared at me for a few seconds and nodded, before retreating to her seat. I felt sick... Cold sweat trickled down my spine, a throbbing pain beginning in my head. What was that voice? When it spoke, I felt... the presence of something bad. Something evil.

I tried to shake it off, but the sense of foreboding stayed. Y-Y/N? I need you... I'm scared.

This voice inside my head... These feelings running through my veins... I've never felt them before. My anxiety is rising... and the only thing that will quell it is him.

I miss you... I miss you...

--Y/N POV--
I did my daily errands, barely going through the motions. It was hard to do them, knowing that I would be coming back to an empty tent.

I sighed and reclined by a tree for a few minutes, taking a short break. Civilians from the towns and settlements around frequently passed by on the dirt path towards the village. Snippets of their conversation graced my ears.

Villager #1: Have you heard the rumors? People are saying that down south, a strange gateway to another world has opened up! People have gone through it, and never came back!

Villager #2: Bah, it's all a load of crap. Don't believe those inane stories.

I sat up abruptly. Could... Could that have anything to do with Lucina's disappearance? Sure, it was a longshot. Maybe I was just being too hopeful and desperate. But in a world without her, these were my weapons. And I would use them wisely.

I stood up and ran after the person who said it like a madman, stopping them in the middle of the road.

Y/N: Excuse me, mister, but I heard you talking about that gate to another world. I was just wondering, where do the rumors say it's located?

Villager #1: Ah! From what I've heard, the portal's in a forest south of the capital.

Y/N: Thank you!!

With that, I ran off quickly, to my tent to pack a small bag. My mind was made up- I would leave the Shepherds to go find this gateway they were talking about. I would go to the ends of the earth to find her...

I threw some clothes into a small pack, along with a jug of water. Then, I found a piece of paper and a quill, writing a letter for Anna and the others.

Dear Shepherds,

I regret to say that by the time you read this letter, I'll be gone. I'm going to find Lucina, because I know that without her, I don't have a place in this world. Maybe I'll return someday... I'll miss all of you.

Sincerely,
Y/N

I left the letter on the bed, picked up the pack and ventured out of the tent for the last time.

Night had already begun to fall, peals of laughter emanating from the meal area, where the rest of the Shepherds were eating dinner. I couldn't risk going there... They'd only try to talk me out of it.

Lucina... I'm coming.

I gave the camp one last look, before turning around and disappearing into the darkness.

------------------

Phew, glad to tick that off my list! All that's left is the Edelgard chapter and I can rest easy for a while. Thanks again for reading and voting on this story, it really helps encourage me!

Have a nice morning, noon and night, 

-Fireemblem8cuts

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 310 27
Lucina keeps getting more and more memories from the Lucina that left, and with the reappearance of her best friend Robin after about 16 years, she d...
31.7K 5.7K 154
One of the most painful things on earth is to lose a loved one. Whether in death or heartbreak. It's a pain different from all others. You feel ever...
6.8K 132 17
You would have never imagined in a million years, that the one you risked your life for would leave. Years after, you meet them once more, what is th...
348 27 19
Teenagers have never had their lives easy. But Ash and Art were having it especially hard. Being twin brothers, they did everything together. The onl...