Chapter 16: How To Disappear Completely

Well, this chapter took two whole weeks to write! Good thing is, I know where I want it to go after this, so I think it'll get easier to write for this story as things progress. I had a bunch of projects due last week and this week, so I also had less time to write. Here's to hoping things will get better in the coming weeks. 

So anyways, enjoy the story, and thank you for the reads and votes!

--Y/N POV--
"Wh-What?"

I could... bring her back? I thought... I thought that was already out of the question now. My mind had been destroyed and rebuilt countless times by now, so I didn't know what to believe. 

Before Naga was a broken man, too helpless and vulnerable to think.

So I took her hand. I didn't care how I did it, or what it would do to me... I just had to save her. That was the only thing that mattered anymore. 

As the two of us disappeared in a flash of light, I had the nagging feeling that this whole experience would change me forever...

For better or for worse? I wasn't quite sure yet.

--Eir POV--
I sighed as I inched even closer to my home, the Realm of the Dead. It was time for me to get my orders from my mother, Hel. 

I truly loved her... I really did. But I didn't want to do anything to hurt my new Askran friends. They had no idea who I was and welcomed me with open arms. Being around living people made me feel... warmth, compared to the never-ending cold that radiated off mother and her generals.

(A/N: Wait a second... does Hel have a castle or something? God, it's been so long since I played through book III, I'll just say she does have one)

Entering her castle, something I had done a million times before, filled me with a strange sense of dread. I couldn't explain why. Had my time with the Order changed me somehow?

Hel: Ah. My daughter. What news do you bring?

Eir: H-Hello mother. A-Askr is leading troops to the gate to the Realm as we speak. 

Instead of appearing frightened or angry, she just sent me a smug smile. Who was I kidding? Mother wasn't one to lash out often. But why was she smiling so?

Hel: ...Perfect. By the way, Eir. I have something I want to show you.

I nodded warily. Mother... had something to show me? What could it be?

Hel: Lucina, honey? Meet your sister, Eir.

Out from behind Hel's throne came a familiar blue-haired woman wielding a gigantic jet-black scythe. It took me a second to place her face. Hadn't I seen her in Askr? I distinctly remember shaking her hand... and feeling an aura of death around her.

Now, there was something off about her. As if she wasn't entirely in control of her faculties. How strange...

I brushed it off... or, at least, tried to. What was she doing in Askr? Or... what was she doing here? From my mother's arrogance shining bright to the weird look in Lucina's eyes... 

Perhaps when I returned to Askr I should ask Sharena if she knew who she was...

I just had to phrase it in a way that didn't reveal who I really was and where I was really from...

--Lucina POV--
I... had a sister? That thought filled me with joy. Maybe mother would let us kill the heroes together!

I couldn't wait to be out on the battlefield. Prior to my enlightenment, fighting had always scared me a little. I had a fear of death, of my loved ones dying. But now I understood. What was the point of loved ones? All I needed was my true mother, and death itself. Accepting it, once and for all.