Chapter 13: Disintegration

Pheeeeew! Sorry this one took so long! I would've had it out sooner if a stomach bug and a day-long power outage didn't decide to show their ugly faces. I hope you enjoy the thirteenth chapter of this series, and apologies for me taking so long to update. 

But thankfully, I finally sat down and fully planned out every single chapter for this book! I'm confident in what's going to happen next, which will positively reflect on the way I write and the speed at which I write.

--Y/N POV--
Morning. Finally, the time where I could get as far away from "Lucina" as possible. And today I had a good reason- looking for a good place I could pray to Naga. It was my only chance; I didn't know of anybody else who had the capability to defeat this demon.

But where could I pray to her? Did her influence even reach this foreign land? I guess the only way to find out is to try.

Hel, in Lucina's body, was off somewhere else, doing whatever she does. The morning was the only point in time in which I could make some progress, because at night, I became her personal chewtoy. 

I had to act fast before the disintegration got to both of us. The disintegration of my mental health, the deterioration of Lucina's willpower.

Why must everything have some sort of deadline? Would there ever be a day when me and Lucina could just lie together silently, with no cause for panic or worry?

There was one thing that was for certain- that perfect image in my head would never come to pass if I didn't figure out a way to destroy or repel Hel. 

Naga wasn't known for directly conversing with humans, but what other chance did I have? Giving up was not an option I would ever consider.

The people of Askr worshipped a dragon of the same name, but as far as I knew, they didn't have any holy sites like churches where I could go to pray. 

Which meant I had to create one of my own. 

Sharena, Anna, Alfonse, and Kiran were out at the moment, on the alert of the possibility strange army invading Askr. I couldn't even feel concern for them. My every waking moment had been taken up by poor Lucina's imprisonment.

Just hang in there a bit more, Luce... I'm doing everything in my power to help...

In a daze, I began walking into the forest that was near Askr's castle. This is where I found Lucina... And I felt some power drawing me to it, as if someone was trying to tell me something.

I staggered further into the foliage of the Askran forest, to the pond where Lucina laid, all those fateful days ago. 

???: Y/N... 

My hand instinctively went to the dagger I kept in a sheath by my side. "Who's there? What do you want?"

???: Mortal weapons will not harm me. Besides, I am only in your head.

I reached up and let my hand run through my unkempt hair in an attempt to keep it steady. My spasms had begun to act up again...

Y/N: O-Okay... Mind telling me who you are?

Naga: You know me as... Naga. I have decided to intervene, despite my dislike for it, I have no other choice. If left unchecked, your future wife, Lucina, will bring about the end of this world, and many others.

I froze up. That was too much to process in such a short period of time. Naga was here, talking to me, and Lucina could bring about the destruction of our world as we knew it? 

Y/N: H-How?

Naga: That is for you to find out. I'm afraid giving that away may disrupt the events of the future.