Chapter 11: Damage

Hey guys! Here's chapter 11! This one's pretty short, by my standards, but I hope you still like it! My school's quarter has ended, and I now have a whole week's break. I'll be using that time to rest and catch up on stories.

--Y/N POV--
I couldn't shake the strange nagging feeling that was burning inside of me. Ever since Lucina returned from her "excursion," she had been... different.

First were her eyes. Whenever I stared at her through the corner of my vision, I noticed a purple tint in them. When I stared at her full on, it was gone...

Then there was her smile. It wasn't her usual, full of life genuine grin. It was twisted in a way. Nobody else appeared to notice it, but then again, I was the one who spent the most time with her.

Lastly, her personality. It appeared subdued, her usual outgoing, cheerful character replaced with someone more tame and somber. She wasn't exactly sad- she just seemed more serious... It wasn't like her at all.

Lucina: Oh, hey Y/N.

My eyes widened as Lucina came into the tent where I was staying while I healed. Her slow, almost seductive-like gait immediately caught my eye. Yet another thing off about her.

Y/N: Hi, Luce. How are you?

I was caught off guard by her stroking my chin and planting a deep kiss on my lips. They were ice cold, sending a deep shiver through my bones. She whispered to me, smile unwavering.

Lucina: Poor, poor, Y/N. You got in the way, see? I detected your suspicion a mile away.

As she continued to speak softly, she placed a hand on my chest, her face in close proximity with mine, allowing me to feel her cold breath touch my features.

Lucina: Now I have to find a way to keep you silent... such a shame too...

I lost the ability to use my vocal cords, my fear and intimidation overcoming everything else. Madness seized my mind, blocking off everything else. It was horrible.

She snapped her fingers, making me lose control of my limbs. I felt her place a spiked silver collar around my neck. She snapped them again, and the collar began to constrict, blocking off my air flow.

In my panic, I was able to let out a few garbled words.

Y/N: N-No... L-Lucina!

I gasped as the collar stopped pressing down on my throat. She sent another bone-chilling smile in my direction, but the motive behind it was clear.

Lucina: If you tell anyone about this, I will harm her.

It didn't take Kiran to figure that one out. This demon could hurt Lucina in any way possible. We were both at its mercy here, absolutely helpless.

"Lucina" grinned and left the tent, keeping up the guise of a concerned lover. I clenched and unclenched my hands in utter frustration.

I was stuck at a standstill here. What could I do? That demon was definitely up to something, but only I could put an end to. Yet... Lucina's life was hanging over my head right now.

Dear Naga... Guide me down the right path...

--Lucina POV--
I woke up on the now familiar grey barren hills. The last thing I remember... H-Hel!

I swerved around, half expecting to find her there, floating and grinning like a mad man. I exhaled in pure relief when it yielded no results.

Now... what was I doing here? I fully expected to wake up in the real world...