A Different Kind of Hero ~ MH...

By Mikey_thewitch

A new threat has challenged the heroes of Class 1-A, but it's something entirely new. Strangers from another... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Important A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Finale Pt. 1
Sneak Peak...
Finale Pt. 2
Closing words... (Please read 🥺)

Chapter 2

2K 54 15
By Mikey_thewitch

Edward's POV

"Get ready!" I shouted, getting into place for the transmutation.

Light filled the room when I got to the center of the circle. I clapped my hands and started the transmutation. The portal opened in front of me and long black hands wrapped around me. "Long time no see. Too bad this isn't when I planned on opening you again. Ling! Jump in it!"

"You better know what you're doing! I'm trusting you!" Ling stepped in and dissolved like Envy and me.

Thank you. Thank you. I thought. The body and soul are connected to one another by the mind. I gave myself up to the portal, allowing the hands to guide me. Memories flew past me as I rushed towards a bright white light. A portion of my body now hurdles towards the portal of truth. So there's no point in struggling, I have to let my mind guide me into the portal.

"Now, what's this? You're not even trying to get your body back, are you?" A voice mocked me. It sounded vaguely familiar.

When I finally opened my eyes again, I was collapsed on the ground in pain. My broken arm felt like it was on fire. Nonetheless, I brushed it off the best I could and sat up. In front of me was a single door towering over me. "Alright, I made it." I turned to see if there was anything else around and saw a second door directly behind me. Were...there always two portals? As I scanned it, my eyes were drawn to a lonesome figure sitting at the base of the door. With a gasp, it clicked...Alphonse. Alphonse turned around and stared at me. Without a second thought, I ran to him, reaching out desperately to grab him. I heard the door behind me open, but I ignored the long black hands wrap around me and snicker at me. "Al! Al, come on! Please, hurry out! Al!" I called out, fighting against the portals' grasp.

"I can't," Al responded calmly. "I can only leave with my own soul. I'm sorry, I can't go with you." He smiled reassuringly and watched as the door closed in front of me.

But I refused to let that be the last thing I said to him. I fought back to thrust open the portal and saw Al come back into view. I tore off as many of the hands as I could. With an aggressive blow, I forced the door back open. "I promise! Someday soon, I'll come back for you!"

My mind was racing. My arm may be broken, but if I can move at all, I can't just sit still. I have to reach out and do something. I have to make it back to help Alphonse, to save everyone. Then everything changed. The hands started rattling me, giggling, and mocking me. It felt like I was going in a whole different direction. But it only lasted for a moment, then it was gone. A familiar blinding white light appeared, and I was thrown into a bush.

My head ached, my ears rang. I felt dizzy. My arm stung, and I knew I was back. "What the...Hey guys, I think there's someone out there!"

"No time, run!" a raspy voice whispered.

"Edward...is that you?" Finally, a familiar voice. I looked over to see Ling tied up in a bush as well.

I tried to stand, but my broken arm held me down. Instead, I turned to see a tall figure with curly green hair. "Are you okay? Here, let me help you." He offered his hand and helped me up.

"I'm alright, and thanks, but...Is this Amestris?" I thought back to the strange feeling while in the portal, and scanned the group of teenagers. Two of which looked like chimeras.

"I don't think so, Edward. Look up." Ling came to my side and pointed at giant buildings that towered over the trees.

A boy with red-and-white hair stepped forward, "Are you two lost?"

"We should take them back to U.A. They're injured." The red-headed boy spoke up.

"So, what are your names?" a short girl with brown hair came to my side. She leaned forward and put her hands behind her back, "I'm Uraraka!"

Ling and I stepped back in surprise, "I'm Edward, and this is Ling." He put a hand on my shoulder, however, and spoke up.

"Yao Ling. I believe we are lost, and we would very much appreciate directions to your local authority." He smiled politely and motioned to the dirt path ahead of us.

A tall blonde with a black bolt in his hair chuckled, "No need to be so formal, man. We can take you to Eraserhead, he'll be able to help you."

I was confused about the name, but I decided not to question it. "We should only stick around long enough to find a way back. And, I don't know if you noticed, but Envy's not here." Ling whispered to me. I nodded, and we both followed all of them down the dirt path, away from the city. It made me nervous.

"Where are you taking us?"

"Just to U.A. There, we can help you with your injuries." The same red-headed boy said with a smile.

One of the chimeras jumped to my side, "What happened to you guys? Was it the aftermath of the Nomu attack?"

So many questions filled my head, "The...what?" One by one, my brain pieced it together. Something went wrong in the Portal of Truth that spat us out somewhere different entirely. "Oh, uh, you could say that. We were...knocked out, and...left in the forest..." I lied.

Another tall blonde, this one with a hard face, growled, "You don't seem very sure about that."

"What Edward meant to say, is that the exact story of how we got lost and injured is something we can only tell Eraserhead." Ling stepped in and saved me.

The green-haired boy slowed his step and pulled out a notebook, muttering quietly to himself. I stared at him in confusion and a tall, skinny boy with jet-black hair chuckled, "Oh, don't mind him, he does that."

The only other girl in the group, with a hairstyle that resembled a certain Lieutenant back home, stopped abruptly. "I just realized you don't know any of our names!" She smiled at me. "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu, but you can call me Yaomomo."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled back. She seemed to be the only normal one of the group.

"Oh, you're right! I'm Izuku Midoriya, but I go by the name Deku." The green-haired boy grinned.

"I'm Kirishima!" He beamed, raising his fist.

The chimera with the green hair hopped to my side again, "I'm Tsu." She said politely.

"So you're a chimera, then?" I asked, but she looked at me confused.

"What's a chimera, ribbit?"

Deku chimed in, "Wait, isn't that the three-headed beast in mythology?"

I remembered this was a different world. They must not have alchemy, nor chimeras... "It's something from where I'm from. It's part animal, part human."

"Oh, then that's partially true. She's human, but she has all the abilities of a frog." Deku clarified.

"Then what about him? Is he the same way?" I pointed at the cloaked man who hasn't said a word this whole time. His head resembled that of a bird.

"I'm something much different than Tsu. My appearance is a mutation that comes with my quirk. And by the way, my name is Tokoyami."

More and more questions...But, my thoughts were interrupted by the tall skinny one, "The name's Sero, ma main man." He shot me finger guns, and the blonde with the lighting bolt laughed.

"And I'm Kaminari." He said, still laughing at Sero.

"Hey dumbasses, we're here." the other blonde snarled.

A tall man that looked as if he was split in half, with a large scar over his left eye, sighed. "Don't mind him, he's just a jerk. That's Bakugo, and I'm Todoroki."

I nodded in understanding but was still confused about so many things. "So, I understand Tokoyami and Tsu, but I still have questions. Like, Todoroki, is your heterochromia really that bad? How did Kaminari get the lightning bolt in his hair? What are the mounds on Sero's elbows? And what are these 'quirks' you keep mentioning?"

Ling elbowed my side, "You shouldn't pester them, it's not like we'll be living here with them."

Deku tilted his head in confusion before smiling wide, "Everything you just asked about has something to do with quirks. Quirks are some sort of uncanny ability that about 80% of the population here are born with. Todoroki can make both fire and ice come out of his body, hence the heterochromia. Kaminari can create lightning and electricity, and Sero can create tape out of his elbows. All of us have different abilities like that, and we use it to protect this world from villains. My quirk is a strength type."

"Wow, that's really cool. Wait...tape?" I asked. Sero smiled and lifted his arm. He aimed his elbow at a tree and fired a long string of tape that then wrapped around it. "How are you able to do that?"

"I was born with tape dispensers in my arms. Pretty cool, huh?" He flew towards the tree, using the tape as a swing to propel himself forward.

Kirishima and Kaminari laugh at Sero until Momo sighed and spoke up, "Come on, stop showing off, we need to meet up with Mr. Aizawa."

Sero frowned and detached from the tree, landing back on the ground next to Kaminari. They fist-bumped and laughed loudly as Kirishima joined in their conversation. My attention turned to the school as a sleek black car swerved in front of us. A tall man with dark hair and dark circles under his eyes got out quickly and ran to us, "Is everyone alright? I got your message. What happened?"

"We're alright, Mr. Aizawa! But, we met these two guys in the forest on our way back. They're really hurt and lost, and that what happened to them is something only you can hear." Uraraka smiled brightly, bringing Ling and me forward.

He looked at the two of us and led us inside the school. It was massive, with hallways as far as I could see on either end. We made our way towards a room titled the Nurse's Office, "Okay, everyone, head back to your dorms. I can take care of it from here."

"Awe, come on, we wanna hear their stories!" Kaminari protested, and Kirishima backed him up.

Ling stepped forward, "Trust me, you don't." They shut up quickly and stepped back, both defeated and intimidated.

"Good night, Mr. Aizawa," Deku said, leading everyone back outside.

The three of us went into the Nurse's Office, Ling and I sat on the hospital beds and Mr. Aizawa stood in front of us, "Now then, who are you and what the hell happened?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 801 36
[IN LINE FOR EDITING] [SLOW UPDATES] [A My Hero Academia/Avatar Crossover] I've been an expiriment for as long as I could remember. I was held captiv...
1.2K 100 30
You go on an adventure with your twin brother trying become a hero. However, due to an accident within your past, you had trouble trusting anyone, es...
754K 23.7K 48
Izuku Midoryia- a quirkless kid who still managed to get into UA, hated by everyone including the teachers... Dies in a freak accident due to someone...
230K 6.3K 20
* Inspired by civil war and other civil war fanfiction off of Archive of our own. It's now the end of the first year of UA for our students. Nedzu ha...