The Duns

By magicmonster1000

READY TO READ <3 "...It was as if a spirit had taken control of my body. I was lifted into the air, my arm... More

Author's Note
Preface
My Life In A Chapter
Introducing Myself
The Ceremony
After Party
Meeting Her Parents
Telling Him (almost) Everything
Be the Bad Guy
Earlier
Meeting
Yes Sir, I Can Fight
Test
Hurt
A Rude Receptionist- And A Dear Friend
Making A Way
New Friends
Crying On The Floor
Walking
What's Wrong With Her?
Caught
Secrets Uncovered
Keeping My Nails Clean
Our First Meeting
Powerless
LOTS
More Than Holding Hands
Telling Them
Training For Death
Eavesdropping and Icecream
Leaving Home
Safe and Not Safe
Only A Little Bit In Love
Tomorrow
Day One
Day Two
Did We Win?
Dying
Finally
Author's Note (2)

Pain

33 3 5
By magicmonster1000

Chapter Thirteen

Peter

10:48am

I walk into the park aware of what I am entering, of what I am risking, but I know I have no choice. When Igetis says something, he means it, and he will stand by his action and word until the job is finished. In this case, the message given to me has a clear aftertaste- come alone, or everyone dies.

The three of them are huddled together safely in the room, the door slightly ajar, letting their conversations out into the rest of the house. I had sneaked one last look at her from the outside, making sure I didn't disturb them, and started for the car. The note I left had a visible clue on where I would be. I know it is risky, but I penned it down just in case.

Ha. Like that would make any difference. I walk out of the house swiftly and get into my car. They still think I am sleeping safely on the coach. Safely. Funny.

Igetis had sent me the message through my dreams, probably using one of his willing slaves to do so. Therefore, safely wasn't the first thought that came to my mind when thinking about what happened.

My thoughts run back to the situation at hand. I pull over and leave the car.

Max is there, as is Richard, and some other boys I recognize from the Ceremony. My mind reader friend is present too- the one that told me about tetrakinita's. Fun. There is no time, or effort taken to talk. The Park is deserted- not a single intelligent living soul would get out on the streets in this heat unless they wanted to just about die.

I sigh and bring myself to the center of the semicircle that they have formed perfectly, and as soon as I hit my position, the fight starts. My eyes turned a ferocious shade or red, my palms, faced upwards, already emitting flames of fire, my mind starts calculating my next move at an unbelievable speed.

About fifteen minutes pass and I am doing alright: fighting with a best friend is not something either of the sides would like to follow through, so it is a safe game, with not much bloodshed, and a few snickers.

And then suddenly, my ears perk up. I strain them, forcing them to try and figure out who could possibly have walked into so ceremoniously even though I already know the answer.

He is here. And he is not alone.

I straighten up well before time and take a 180, my back now to the weak ducklings I had just overpowered. For another few moments, nothing happens. My eyes turn a dark shade of blue, hints of yellow, at who appear in front of me, the color skillfully pulling at my heart, my brain, my fingers. Igetis arrives, flaunting his black coat as always.

An army of perhaps a hundred soldiers- some even in purple To Sotos uniforms- follow him, a merciless look in their eyes. But there was more- someone else- and for the first time since gaining them, I actually properly doubted my powers- just for a moment- and then everything falls into place; they are correct, as usual. Her hair is placed effectively on top of her head, her hands at her sides, her face displaying a serene look of mischief, Countess Eliza- the leader of the To Sotos is here with Igetis.

And they walk forward together towards a sole, singular me.

I turn my head around slightly to check if any of the others behind me recognize this pact. They don't. They don't know about this. They didn't know Igetis and Countess Eliza are working together. I stop, skipping back a few seconds, trying to sketch out everything that just happened and is happening.

Realization hits me like a bus running down a road, skipping a red light: Igetis is working with Countess Eliza.

They don't wait, not a second extra. Following barbarous commands instructed by their two managers, the miniature battalion annihilated us, the circle of men standing behind acting like cowards, giving themselves up to the forces we stand against, once more leaving me alone

Wimps. It isn't soon into the battle that I am left fighting the ruthless, jingoistic herd myself. I don't stop though- the fact that I literally can't is not important- using my powers to the fullest, trying my best to get through each and every blasted stroke, each whip, each shot; hoping and praying for Catherine to have seen and uncoded my message- all false confidence.

Eventually, the remaining half of the clan, appreciated- and probably even celebrated by Igetis and Countess Eliza, pull me by my gory, blood-spattered arms, and leave me fighting for life by the streets on the pavement outside the park. Even death would have been more welcoming than this- this... I can't think up a word vindictive enough to describe my situation.

I gather my broken limbs together and made my way home, embarrassment draining down my body, and soaking up my clothes on its way, forming a pathetic road of blood following me around everywhere.

-

I can hear Catherine from outside the doors before I even see her face. A thudding sound comes from behind the walls, some walking fast, heavily. I smile to myself. she stood up for me; she was coming for me. I approach the doorknob. It opens from the indoors immediately.

Cathy stays glued in her position. Her eyes slowly inspect my damaged body. I wait for a moment, then having allowed her to gape at my half-covered physique for long enough, I carefully walk into the house, slightly pushing at her shoulder.

I stop in the center of the room, allowing her alarmed parents to witness what they had just indirectly caused. After a poor, negligible one-sided conversation, proving once again my devotion to their daughter, I limp to the bathroom to get myself cleaned.

-

I sit in solitude, going over the events of that afternoon, simultaneously thinking of a plan- and a team- that could help us make this right.

During the fight, Max and the others seemed pretty confused about the new pair. They too must be feeling equally distraught... I smile to myself; their confusion could help me to no bounds.

"What are you thinking about?" Cathy asks, placing an ice pack on my brow at where the bleeding starts. I don't doubt her for a second, but I couldn't say the same for her parents. I scan the room for them. Not there.

"During my time at the park, I was at first only fighting against Max and a few others. It was around ten minutes into the fight that Igetis showed up- with Countess Eliza," not waiting to hear a response, I continue, "And as they entered the field, I discovered that those guys behind me were as surprised as me on seeing those two together."

"Okay..." She replies, a frown slowly forming on her head.

"They gave in to the leaders soon enough, leaving me to continue on my own."

"What are you trying to say?" she asks. I'm guessing she probably already knows where I am headed, but I answer her anyways.

"If we manage to get those morons out of Igetis' hands, they will be forced to work under us because they won't be able to survive against Igetis' force alone."

"Peter, there are quite a few important holes in this idea and you know that..."

"Yes, I do, and I also found a way to sort of cover it up."

"Sort of?"

"Look- they're going to know it's us anyways, there's nothing we can do about that." I sense her disappointment, "we will obviously be discreet..."

"Alright, how are we going to get into...where ever they're locked up?" she asks, still unsure, "and then how are we going to get them out without getting caught? For one, we can't be sure where they are and secondly, even if we did, the two of us, four if we counted my parents, can't possibly be able to pull this off ourselves!"

"No, we can't" I grin and lean back on the seat, my head resting in my hands against the seat rail, and that's why I have a step-father."

The mood in the hall changes. Catherine beams at me, "You sneaky little-"

I put my hand out to cover here lips, shushing her, grinning.

We immediately begin for the motel in which I had quarantined Ester, hoping that Igetis hasn't taken him too, with our hair disguised in despicable wigs and our face entirely covered with 'foundation' and 'blush', we take some time out to have fun. I cherish our little hour spent over this shameful, amusing job wholly, my heart aching at the idea of all the memories that are continuously being snatched away from our grips with every passing second. It is not necessary, but it is entertaining.

"I'm driving!" She screams, grabbing the keys and sprinting into the driver's seat of the car. I race after her happily, both of us forgetting all our problems, forgetting the exposure and threats that we are slowly getting ourselves into.

Forgetting all negative thoughts once more, I aimlessly follow her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8 3 15
Nameless, Unknown, Forgotten in the passage of time. A man suddenly awake inside a dark place, crawling out from a suffocating Coffin. With no memori...
949K 68.4K 80
❖ QUEENKILLER, KINGMAKER Book 1 ❖ Feudal Southeast-Asia filled with magic, daemons, and a royal conspiracy. This is Isla's quest for the truth, and h...
87K 2.9K 88
[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with urgency, at last pulling my bottom lip bet...
405K 9K 62
"tell me potter, is that all i am to you?" •••••• harryxreader they/she pronouns will be used:) •••••• y/n l/n, starting their fourth year at hogwar...