Separation Anxiety

By OnyxButNot

Dream had been struggling with his fathers unknown condition for years, dealing with him getting beaten and y... More

Chapter One | Beginnings
Chapter Two | Better
Chapter Three | Man
Chapter Four | Dream??
Chapter Five | Hiding
Chapter Six | Questions
Chapter Seven | Fine...
Chapter Eight | Agree
Chapter Nine | Protect
Chapter Ten | House
Chapter Eleven | Not
Chapter Twelve | Colors
Chapter Thirteen | Dream!
Chapter Fourteen | Knowing
Chapter Fithteen | Gone
Chapter Seventeen | Yours
Chapter Eighteen | Lasts
Chapter Nineteen | Plans
Chapter Twenty | Training
Chapter Twenty-One | Afraid
Chapter Twenty-Two | Fault
Chapter Twenty-Three | Love
Chapter Twenty-Four | Limits
Chapter Twenty-Five | Panic *
Chapter Twenty-Six | Leaving *
Chapter Twenty-Seven | Here *
Chapter Twenty-Eight | Change *
Chapter Twenty-Nine | Who? *
Chapter Thirty | Escape *
Chapter Thirty-One | Animal *
Chapter Thirty-Two | Torture *
Chapter Thirty-Three | Search *
Chapter Thirty-Four | Over *
Chapter Thirty-Five | Drive *
Chapter Thirty-Six | Mission *
Chapter Thrity-Seven | Heartbreak *
Chapter Thirty-Eight | Test *
Chapter Thirty-Nine | Found *
Chapter Fourty | Epilogue *
Malhippocampotripsy | Teaser

Chapter Sixteen | Talking

545 37 6
By OnyxButNot

~Clay's P.O.V~

Who knows how many weeks have passed since I last heard from a human being? I have attempted to tear out my I.V ten times but every time I would try, I would get highly sedated. The panic attacks kept coming, more than two times a day. When I would have a panic attack the only thing that could somewhat calm me down was George's shirt; it still smelt like him. I knew that they were feeding me through the I.V; because I was slowly bringing on weight. Nothing compared to George feeding me of course. They had to have known that I do not eat. This sucked; I had tried several times to open the door by banging my fists into it or kicking it. It never budged. I paced around my room when I heard a voice. I could not believe it, was there actually a human speaking to me or is it just my imagination?

"How are you feeling Dream?"

"Who's there?!"

I looked around trying to see if anyone was there; there was no one there. Why are they calling me Dream?

"I'm speaking through the speakers, we have been asked not to engage with you for safety precautions."

The voice sighed. I had no clue where it was coming from, it was a somewhat high-pitched female voice.

"And why? Do you think I am gonna kill you or something? Wait no, you are probably right! Where the hell am I?!"

I yelled suddenly, very pissed off.

No response came; it just made things worst. I considered trying to tear off my I.V but every time it just ended up with me getting heavily sedated. I decided to instead bang on the door, trying so hard to get out. My knuckles started bleeding and I felt tired quickly. Here we go again; I almost did not make it over to my bed before I was knocked out cold.

I woke up and stood up slowly, I was still drowsy from the sedatives. I was genuinely bored. the one time I was able to talk to a human and they fucking sedated me.

"Hello? Can I talk to someone or something? I'm really bored! What do you suggest me to do while I am stuck here, wherever it is that I'm even stuck at?"

I looked at the camera, I knew they were watching. They were always watching.

"Maybe if you would let me talk to George, we could make some kind of deal?"

I really hoped that they would agree.

"What's deal are you proposing?"

A different voice spoke after a few minutes.

"I won't ever take out my I.V or bang on the door only if you let me talk to George for an hour."

I was hopeful, I needed to talk to George.

"How about we add one other thing to that deal?"

The same voice spoke, I did not like how he sounded. It gave me a weird feeling down my spine.

"What else do you want from me?"

I sighed, they were ticking me off.

"For you to eat on your own, not every meal, just breakfast. Then we will put your I.V back in and we will let you talk to George for thirty minutes every day, not including today. Today we will be nice and let you talk to him for an hour."

His voice was clearly modified now that I listened to it closely, I thought about his deal for a bit but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to speak to George. It was only breakfast, not even a big meal. I could hold it down.

"I accept your deal."

"Alright, here is how this is gonna work: Starting tonight you will go to bed without an I.V, after breakfast, you will be able to talk to George for 30 minutes before we reapply your I.V. You must be able to eat all your breakfast before talking to George and allow us to easily reapply your I.V."

"Understood. Now can I talk to George?"

I was excited yet nervous at the same time, it had been who knows how long since I have talked to George...

"Yes, you may talk to him for one hour."

I heard the slot which I had noticed was under the door slide open, revealing my phone. I picked it up, realizing it was wiped clean. All my apps were gone.

"Time is ticking."

An annoyed voice different from before spoke. I quickly looked through my contacts; all my contacts besides George were gone. I was going to call 911 but the numbers would not show up; what had they done to my phone? I gave up and called George, the lifeless beeps rang for a few minutes before I heard a tired hello through the phone. He did not sound like himself.

"George?"

I asked, hopeful.

"Who is this? is this some kind of prank?"

George instantly sounded heated.

"No George, it's really me... It's Clay..."

The phone went silent for a few minutes.

"I don't have much time, I made a deal with them George, and I want to spend all my time with you before you're gone!"

I cried out, pulling my knees up to my face.

"Omg, it's really you!"

He sobbed; I heard yelling in the background. I could hear Darryl and Nick and many others talking; I was instantly overwhelmed with a ton of worried voices before hearing the speakers muffle.

"Your time is now minus twenty minutes, If you don't ask the others to leave, we will take off more time or disconnect the call instantly!"

The voice sounded beyond angry, my stomach turned as I realized it reminded me of my dad which triggered a panic attack.

"George!"

I instantly started hyperventilating, struggling to breathe while shaking frantically.

"They have to go! They're taking away my time George! I need you!"

tears kept streaming down my eyes; I did not want my time to go away. I love everyone who was there, but I could not lose my time with George.

"Everyone you have to go! Now."

I heard him yell at everyone; I heard a few angry replies in the background. Soon it was just me and George.

"I'm so sorry!"

I cried, struggling to speak. I hated this so much, I just wanted George to stay for longer.

"Shh it's okay, they all understand; alright?"

George tried to hush me, but the tears kept falling.

"Clay... I know it's hard, but I need you right now and you need me."

I could hear the pain in his voice.

"George... I miss you so much!"

I cried, holding the phone tightly.

"I know I know; we will get you out of this okay?"

I was glad to be talking to George after all this time.

"Okay..."

"How did you even get a phone in the first place? Let alone talk to me?"

He was very curious.

"I made a deal, thirty minutes with you, in today's case an hour. Well, less than an hour, in exchange for me eating and not causing trouble."

I laughed slightly, trying to wipe away the tears from my damp face.

"What kind of trouble have you been causing and what?? Have you even been eating??"

George was very worried, I could tell.

"Um... uh pulling out my I.V... Um, banging on the door and uh... not really, I mean the I.V does it."

I was quickly interrupted.

"You what?! You pulled out your I.V?! You know doing that the wrong way can kill you!"

He freaked out, making me laugh. Good to know after all this time he was still able to yell at me for my stupidity.

"I know but It was fucking feeding me!"

We both broke out in laughter.

"Your such an idiot."

George managed to let out between his laughs; I could tell his emotions were coming back to life.

"Clay..."

"George..."

I couldn't help it as the tears started falling again; he was here on the phone, but he wasn't with me...

And I needed him more than ever...

Yaaay they talked!

-Editor Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533K 15K 26
Dream lives thousands of miles away from his best friend George. Weekly streams and making videos with him are the only ways dream gets to see his ch...
818K 23.8K 36
George hasn't had an easy life after being diagnosed with autism. Going to a public school as an autistic, highly intelligent boy, he clearly notices...
26.8K 1.2K 15
George wanted to live like a living child, be out in the wilderness and explore everything there was in the world. Yet, that was hard for him since h...
36.4K 1.2K 16
so, have you ever wondered what may have happened if george never did what he did at dream and fundy's wedding? this fanfic is an idea of what may ha...