Lucky Me // Niall Horan

By lostinparadise25

I was just another fan to him. I didn't think by sending that one little tweet to Niall Horan, 1/5 of the fam... More

Lucky Me
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Stories to Read :)
UPDATE

Epilogue

227K 5.7K 5.4K
By lostinparadise25

HAVE THE TISSUES READY. 

**************************************

Epilogue :')

I sat on the patio with a thin blanket, watching my grand kids running around our front yard. They must've found something, because they chased after it and were crowded around a little spot. Our only son was out there too, and he stopped at the corner of the driveway.

"Mum? What's this?" He looked over at me with a small smirk. He was just like his father. Same blond hair though he had my eyes. I slowly got up and walked over to where my son was standing shakily. I was getting older. My hands were decorated with wrinkles. My blond curls were replaced with stringy gray hairs. My green eyes weren't as bright. They were dull. I was old. I knew it. Niall would've teased me about this.

I saw on the drive way, Niall and my name written in the concrete. My eyes widened and quickly watered. I crouched down and traced my fingers over his handwriting.

'Princess, c'mere!' He said as I put down another box in the house we just moved into with a huff.

'Niall, what is it? We have a lot of unpacking to do!'

'Come write your name!' Niall looked up at me with a big grin. Reluctantly, I ran over and saw him writing out his name in the wet concrete. I smiled and wrote my name too with a stick. We pushed our hands down and left our hand prints there. Niall stood up and grinned at our work. 'It'll be there forever now.' He gave me another cheeky grin and kissed my cheek.

I could've sworn I felt his touch. I felt him by me. His warm lips were touching my cheek, but when I opened my eyes, he wasn't there. He was gone. I placed my hand where his was and I felt nothing but stone cold. I wanted to feel his warmth and his touch, but I couldn't. He was gone. I wasn't ready to let go.

I knew he wouldn't want me crying, so I didn't. I just smiled at my son, told him the story behind it, and made my way into the house. With my shaky old hands I reached for the computer. I typed slowly, my fingers typing in 'twitter'. I hadn't been on this website in forever. No one used twitter anymore. It wasn't "cool" anymore as the kids say. I clicked on my old DMs and read all the ones from Niall.

I read them in his voice. I'd never felt so close to him. I could hear his laugh, making my old body feel young again. I watched the video diaries. I watched the videos of him just laughing. Anything that could fill the emptiness in my heart.

"You're still such a fangirl," I could almost hear him tease me. I laughed softly to myself and placed my hand on the screen. It was a picture of us together. Our ten year anniversary. I found myself smiling bitterly. I missed him. I wanted to see him again soon. Soon, soon, I kept saying. I could almost hear her calling my name, begging me to come join him. I missed him too much. My eyes watered as I shut the laptop, logging out of the account I'd used so much as a teen. I closed all memories of Niall and my internet romance. I never believed in love. I never thought someone would love and accept me for me. I never thought anyone would call me beautiful, when I knew I looked like a mess.

Only Niall could make me feel that way.

I went back outside, told my son I'd be in my room, and left him with his kids. I cried on the bed, feeling where Niall used to sleep.

I used to read about how old couples died of heartbreak when I was younger. I never believed it, until now. My heart was so heavy, I couldn't bear it any longer. It hurt more because he wouldn't want to see me sad, but the littlest things, like him not waking me up in the morning, made me cry. One day I woke up, and I wasn't in our bedroom anymore.

"Princess?" I heard someone say behind me.

"N-Niall?" I turned to see my husband. He looked younger. He was happy. His gorgeous eyes sparkled. He was moving, breathing, everything. I found myself running along the golden path and straight into his arms.

Warmth.

I felt warmth.

No longer the cold headstone or his cold pillow. I felt him. I ran my fingers through his blonde hair. He ran his fingers through mine. We were young again. This heaven, this realm, gave me a new body. I sobbed over Niall's shoulder, holding him tight.

"Y-You promised you'd never leave me." I choked out. "You b-broke your promise."

"I know." He paused and I could hear his cries too. "I know. I-I didn't wanna leave, baby." He rubbed my back, his misty body wrapping around mine. "I'm here now. Shh,"

I couldn't believe it honestly. I touched his face, touched his hands, I pinched his cheeks. I just wanted I know he was real. He was there. I was alone and without him for ten years. Too long without my Leprechaun.

"Your mum and dad are here." He whispered into my ear as I took his hand. "Are you ready to go?"

I looked over at him, tears of joy in my eyes now. "I'm ready."

"Together now. Forever."

"That's how I like it." I leaned over and kissed him on the lips sweetly. He cupped my face, wiping away every tear. I missed his touch. I missed everything about him. I pulled away breathless. "I-I love you." I breathed out.

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead. "How's our boy doing?"

"I'm a grandma." I said, with a small laugh. "He's married with kids."

"Wish I could be there to see them."

"I told them stories. Of you and I." I said as we walked along the clouds. "Your granddaughter was going to message Justin Bieber's grandson and hope she was just as lucky."

Niall laughed. That perfect laugh. "Justin Bieber, eh? Good taste." I found myself laughing too. I looked him in the eyes as we walked. "I'm so glad you're here. I hated seeing you cry when I was gone. But I'm here to stay. We'll never ever ever be apart." He sang and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Still a Belieber.

He kept this promise though. With our joined hands we walked together towards eternity in our new bodies. We were young again. We were carefree. No more sadness, no more pain, no more sorrow or hurt. Angels now. We walked together, hands never breaking apart. We were reunited, and I was never letting go of Niall again.

Lucky me, I thought as we passed through, singing and flying with the angels in our new home. It'd be like this forever. Just me and him.

Lucky me.

***************************************

I'm like legit a mess right now. It's like 11 pm at night and I'm crying because this is the saddest epilogue I have ever written in my entire life.

I want to thank everyone who has read Lucky Me and just have fallen in love with this story as much as I have. Thank you all so much for your love at support and thank you for fangirling with me and not getting to mad when I messed with your emotions.

I freaking can't stop crying. Gosh, I didn't think I'd cry.

I just cannot say thank you enough for just over 1,000,000+ reads and just everything. I hope you walk away from the story and just realize, it's more then a fan fic. It's a girls struggle in a way. Addie battled bullies and abuse and even a battle against herself. She never felt beautiful at times. Never felt worth it and I just want to let you know snowflakes, you don't need a boy to stand up for you (though that would be nice). You don't need a boy in your life to make you feel beautiful. That's just a plus. Start with you. Overcome your insecurities. Hey, I'm pretty tall for my age. I used hate my height. i hated that i was taller then guys and all my friends. I would literally crouch down a bit when i was talking to other people. you have to overcome these little things. Embrace them. Stand up to your bullies. Don't let them bring you down. You have very right to be happy. Girls, forget society and "their" definitions of perfect. Love you. You don't need a thigh gap. erase this "perfect" image in from your head. Every one is beautiful in their own way. I promise you that. You're not a mistake. You have a purpose in life. If you ever need ANYTHING, I'm always here for you. God is there. I love you and He loves you too.

^^I really wasn't going to rant about all that but I just wanted to make that clear. I love you snowflakes and I wanted to let you know, there will be NO SEQUEL. I'm sorry, but Naddie is over. It will live on in your hearts though. You'll say, 'I wanna relationship like Niall and Addie'. I mean forget Noah and Allie and Edward and Bella. NADDIE FOREVER. :p

thanks again so much for reading snowflakes. Wipe your eyes and go send Niall a tweet just like Addie did! You should put like the hashtag #luckyme. It's like a trending topic Lol but go do it! If you guys start dating, remember me! XD

stay lovely. xoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.1K 31
My name is Sophie and I'm nothing special. A normal 16 year old girl with crazy curly mahogany coloured hair, blue eyes and an insane love for music...
228K 2.2K 52
Meet Ellie Keddington, age 18, and huge fan of One Direction. She started as a fan, became a member, and then left them for a reason that nobody knew...
441K 9.3K 18
You may know him as Louis Tomlinson, 1/5 of One Direction, but I knew him as the cheeky, funny Senior. The one who never once spoke a word to me. Th...
3.3K 73 25
Rebecca Darling is your typical New York resident. She's a college student, coffee addict, and One Direction fangirl. Niall Horan is part of the bigg...