The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes [Ed...

By Civilized_Nerd

❝When Cerise Brooke's annoying ten year old klondike bar crazed sister slips a note under her crush's cupcake... More

The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes
Chapter 1 : #29
Chapter 2 : Summer is over. Yay?
Chapter 3 : Let the Cupcake Apocalypse Begin.
Chapter 4: When The Cupcakes Come Crumbling Down
Chapter 5: Almost Doesn't Count
Chapter 6: Partner. Oh, partner.
Chapter 7: When The Hamsters Come Out To Play
Chapter 8: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part One)
Chapter 9: Denial Hit Me Like A Brick (Part Two)
Chapter 10 : Hakuna Matata...What a horrible phrase
Chapter 11: Barrels Of Trouble
Chapter 12: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned? (Part One)
Chapter 13: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be Friendzoned (Part Two)
Chapter 14: To Be FriendZoned Or No To Be FriendZoned (Part Three)
Chapter 15: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned (Final Part Four)
Chapter 16: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part One)
Chapter 17: When Disaster Strikes, You Strike Back (Part Two)
Chapter 18: The Fault In Our Detention
Chapter 19: Mom's Back In The City?
Chapter 20: Your Days Are Numbered
Chapter 21: Is this some kind of sick joke?
Chapter 22: It all Started With A Letter Under A Red Velvet Cupcake
Chapter 23: The Book Of Letters (Part One)
Chapter 25: The Book Of Letters (Part Three)
Chapter 26: Bound For Life (Part One)
Chapter 27: Bound For Life (Part Two)
Chapter 28: Bound For Life (Part Three)
Chapter 29: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part One)
Chapter 30: The Trouble With Human Beings (Part Two)
Chapter 31: The Trouble With Human Beings (Brief/ Final Part Three)
Chapter 32 : This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part One)
Chapter 32 *Additional* : Promises And Pizza
Chapter 33: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Part Two)
Chapter 34: This Cheerleader Has Secrets (Final Part Three)
Chapter 35: Party Countdown : 4 Hours To Go (Part One)
Chapter 36 : Party Countdown : Two Hours To Go (Part Two)
Questions For TNOMC Readers
Chapter 37 : No Hours To Go (Part Three)
Chapter 38 : Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part One)
Chapter 39: Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part Two)
Chapter 40: Nights Like This
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes One Shot Competition
Chapter 41: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part One)
Chapter 42: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part Two)
Reader's Thoughts And Answers On 'The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes'
Chapter 43 : Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Final Part Three)
#Wattys2015 Announcement
Chapter 44 : I Guess It's Time
The Nerd Owes Me Cupcakes - One Shot Contest Winners
Chapter 45 : Unforgivable Faults
Chapter 46 : R. I. P Coffee
Chapter 47 : Relationships, Revelations and Right Timings
Chapter 48: You're Sick And I'm Hopeless

Chapter 24: The Book Of Letters (Part Two)

42.9K 1.9K 569
By Civilized_Nerd

Chapter 24: The Book Of Letters (Part Two)

The day that I had felt so vulnerable had finally came. To be more precise maybe desperate was the word. No, that's not it. I couldn't pinpoint the word now but when Sean took the book from Mike, let's just say some unnormal reflexes kicked in. And I did the only thing I could.

I tackled him.

My glasses on the verge of falling off. The moment his back connected with the grass the small book flew out of his and into the air. For a moment all three of the human beings around us stood stunned at what I did, but the moment didn't last long. I could hear one of the boys groan in pain, probably suffering from the kick that Kelly delivered between the legs.

Ouch

I didn't know which, but it probably was painful. "Give it, Luke!"

I could hear the two fighting for my book behind me. As I prayed they didn't tear it apart my eyes shifted onto Sean who lied there looking up at me dumbfounded.

"And you call yourself a football player." I smirked. Our faces were inches away. I scrambled onto my feet, but he grabbed my right ankle. "Let go!"

"No." He said with a still calm and confident tone, disregarding the fact that he was tackled by a girl thirty five seconds ago

"What the hell is going on?"

Everyone froze at the voice, well everyone except Luke and Kelly who were still battling for the book. I gasped when the book flew up once more and dropped onto the grass opened right in front of a pair of sneakers.

Byron's sneakers.

It was hard to tell if he read it or not since he picked it up so swiftly.

"Archer. Hey, mind throwing that book over here?" Sean asked as he got up to his feet and so did I.

"Sure it's not a little too girly for your taste, Sean.?" Byron smirked tossing the book to me which I struggled to catch, but I did.

My eyebrows wrinkled confusingly when the book landed in my hand. Why hadn't he gave it to his moronic friends?

"Way to ruin the fun, Byron." Sean grumbled as he helped Mike up who was surprisingly still on the floor from Kelly's kick. "You got owned by a girl." Sean teased, but Mike only huffed.

"You got tackled by one."

"Whatever. C'mon."

I watched as the three left then my eyes met Byron who seemed a bit out of it. "Th-Thanks." I said but what I really wanted to say was ''Okay, where are all the hidden cameras? You're still being nice to me. This is getting creepy!". He snickered at my apology before going off into the same direction as the three before.

*

(Madison Fall's P.O.V)

Being a new student was hard. You were worried about people accepting you and if you had made any friends or not. You'd worry about where you'd sit at lunch, if the teachers were nice to you or if you'd die on the first day. When I first came to Lincoln Vale no one said a single word to me. Before I joined the school's newspaper club Serena Eagan didn't even want to share the same air with me, but that all changed.

Soon she had invited me to sit with her at their table with the cheer  leading team. On conditions. I had to get dirt on everyone and I mean everyone. Not just students. That included staff members, teachers, facilities. Yeah, you know what I mean. It hurt when I was labelled for being the bitchy cat who'd do anything to get her hands or claws on some juicy gossip. Even if I had to bend a few true statements for her own nefarious purposes.

Just to fit in.

"So, Mad. What do you have so far?" Serena asked, flipping her hair over her shoulder and folding her arms impatiently.

My eyes scrolled down the names of girls who I had been compelled to scan their handwriting. You'd think the whole letter thing with Carter had died down by now, but it didn't. Thanks to Serena. She'd act as if she was all over it when deep down she really wasn't. She'd hate anyone of the girls to compliment her precious ''boyfriend'' after a game. And sucks for you if you were on the team.

As attractive as he was I'm sure girls at this school enjoyed their eyeballs in their sockets. And whoever wrote that letter sure had guts. Whoever she was.

"Do we even know if the girl who wrote this letter attends Lincoln Vale?" I asked monotonously gaining a glare from the queen of hearts. I swear all she needed to do was yell "Off with her head!"

"You're not searching hard enough!" She yelled whisper since we were in the old editors meeting room. "If you want to keep your almighty position as head editor, you'll find this girl. And fast." Her cold hazel eyes beamed infuriatingly.

I watched as she left and slumped back into the dusty chair I was sitting in. This was going to be longer than I thought.

*

"Okay, I know this sounds weird but..Do you and Byron, you know. Have a thing for each other?"

My mouth falls agape at Kelly's question. After all the things that Byron has done to me, why would she think that? After all the rude ruses Byron has pulled on me from our eighth grade dance with the punch bowl incident to the chocolate fountain scheme for one of our tenth grade charities. Why would I have a thing for the guy whose been making my life a living nightmare since middle school?

"No I don't! Why would you even think that?" I spat discreetly, startling her as we made our way to the cafeteria.

The bell would ring any minute now and we wanted to be first in line. Thursdays were the only day of the week where they provided students with actual edible lunch.

"I-I'm just asking. Jeesh." She rolled her eyes as we entered the partially empty cafeteria. It only consisted of some freshman so that was good.

"Sorry." I apologized as we fell in line behind three freshman.

"What do you think is behind his whole niceness then?," She asked holding her tray out for the lunch lady who placed some fancy looking fettuccine Alfredo. "Maybe alien abduction."

"What?" I said as the women placed some on mine.

"You know; Maybe the real Byron was switched by an alien whose pretending to be Byron because they've been watching over us and seen how doucheous he is to you."

I laughed at her accusation. "As cool as that would be I don't think that's it." I said with a smile as we took a seat just as the cafeteria began to fill up with students: freshman, seniors...

Kelly shrugged "My logic is flawless."

We conversed for about ten minutes about random things, school, but mostly Byron's new personality or what seemed like a new personality. Before anyone of us could let out another word Isabella and Allison made their way over.

"Hey, Cerise. Bianca told the team that she invited you shopping with us. That's really cool. And I- I'm really sorry for everything in the past. I feel terrible." Allison says with a frown.

Bianca never told me that Allison would be coming with us. Who else? And I didn't know what to do in response for her sentence. This is Allison Tater we're talking about. Daughter of the very well known fashion designer ''Carmika Morrison''. The girl who put a wad of gum in my hair in the second grade after she'd gotten tired when the flavor was lost. The girl whose evilness could almost actually compete with Serena's.

"Um-Thanks." I said barely looking at her and returning my gaze on Kelly.

When she realized that I was ignoring her presence she adjusted her dark blue bustier top uncomfortably before she spoke up again. "And we'd like you to sit with us." She added with a smile

"I'm currently sitting down already with Kelly. Maybe another time." I said, glancing up at her and Isabella who was quiet and letting Allison do all the talking.

"She can come. She is apart of the team too." Allison said enthusiastically

I let out a sigh. "We'd love to."

The rest of lunch all I had been hearing was talk about how society should band maxi dresses, shorts, Channing Tatum and other topics I didn't care about. But Kelly did join in on the Channing Tatum topic. One of her obsessions besides PLL. (pretty little liars)

As soon as the bell rung I made my way to my locker for our last class of the day. I hummed a random tone as I did the combination.

"Hey, Cerise."

I recognized the voice that belonged to Byron. I could picture him leaning on the locker beside mine waiting for me to to acknowledge him, but I continued at my locker.

"We're going to be family soon. We shouldn't be keeping secrets." He said, tapping on my open locker door

"What are you talking about, Byron?" I groaned, still not looking at him

"You never told me you had a thing for Woods."

I gulped silently and shut my locker so I could face his smirking face.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. " I stuttered making him chuckle which only increased my nervousness

"Three words." He held up three fingers and removed one slowly as he said them. "Dear. Carter. Woods."

_______________________________

Vote and Comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 774 30
Here: Meet Ashley Riverwood, Hellingfield's queen bee. Seemingly flawless, her just-as-doll like posse behind her, the school practically bowing down...
230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
42.8K 1.7K 34
"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very angry face. I have never seen a girl this...
1.3K 109 18
This book was written in 2016 when I was obviously going through a ruff time, and honestly this book sucks. But I'm to lazy to edit it all and don't...