Looped

By ahaawhat

Death. Some people are terrified of it, some people yearn for it. When someone's life ends, they'd never expe... More

prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
epilogue.

notes.

506 40 72
By ahaawhat

Because this story went by so quickly, I decided to add an ending summary. This part explains the whole plot I used for the story. Obviously, you don't have to read this, but it just goes in depth with everything.

Also, I need to mention this - I TOOK A TON OF THE PLOT FROM ANOTHER TV SERIES. The Netflix Original, Russian Doll, was my whole entire inspiration for this story. I used that and shaped it with Rarijack. Before I Fall by Lauren Olivers, & Sunset's Backstage Pass also played a part in this plot.

Hah you fuckers, here's proof I actually spent a lot of time planning the story out ):

LOOPED

Before the Story ・゜・。.

When Applejack was little, her parents left Granny Smith to care for their children.

Her mom was a good mother, up until she got diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder after her sister, Ambrosia, died. Over time, her mom lost complete touch with reality. She acted as if her older sister was still alive, hallucinating her image everyday. Because of this, Bright Mac moved away to Manehattan with her, cutting off all contact with Granny Smith. They were unable to take care of their three children, and he decided it was best not to reveal what really happened to Pear Butter.

Applejack has her whole life together. She's a junior at Canterlot High, who has a big eventful life ahead of her. With her older brother, Big Mac, inheriting the farm - she has chosen to move into Appaloosa with the rest of her family after high school. She'll attend college there.

She's mostly close minded of everything, and finds herself lying a lot. She hates her parents, which some of that was obviously trained by Granny Smith. She has one goal, to get out of high school and start a new life.

Applejack never contemplated death. She barely even thought of it.

Rarity, a junior at Crystal Prep, is the exact opposite of Applejack. Her life isn't as perfect as she wants it to be. She's suffering from many mental illnesses and personality disorders. She has a deep need for excessive attention and admiration. She takes on too many responsibilities at once, and is always easily distracted because of this. Everything she does needs to be perfect. It's also hard for her share things she can be very selfish.

When Rarity turned 13, she was forced to move from Manehattan to Crystal Prep. This move had a big impact on her - many of her friends abandoned her, and she was forced to make more. Out of worry, her mother recognized right away that her daughter wasn't acting alright. Rarity went to therapy once and right after, she forced her mom never to take her to another therapist. She turned to fashion as an escape from reality.

Chapter 1・゜・。.

The story begins with the start of Applejack's day. This day happens to be her mother's birthday. Over the course of the day, she feels as if there's a heavy feeling against her because of this.

In the morning, Twilight Sparkle breaks up with Rarity. Rarity skips half of that school day, spending the last half wandering around multiple neighborhoods. When she walks out of the bus for the first time, her eyes lock with Applejack's. She runs away, crying. Almost twenty minutes later, Rarity's life ends from suicide.

At that exact moment Rarity dies, Applejack gets run over by a car.

Chapters 2-4・゜・。.

And they both awake, repeating the same day again. Even from the start, their deaths are connected. The quick deaths from chapter 2 are all from Rarity.

Their days repeat over and over. And once Applejack and Rarity finally find each other in the same situation, that's when the small effects start to take place.

They aren't dead - but they aren't alive. They're both disconnected from the real world, lost in their own universe.

Everything is out to kill them. It isn't at all like the world they're used to, it only took one wrong step for everything to end for them.

When Rarity dies, everything goes white. When Applejack dies, everything goes black. These little hints signify the ending of the story. (rarity's death = ➼ applejack's death = ➵).

Basically, this is what happens when two alternate universes collide. Rarity and Applejack aren't from the same original world, that's why the end of their deaths are different.

Chapters 5-7・゜・。.

Shit's actually interesting in these chapters.

As time goes on, their world grows unstable. At the end of Chapter 5, Applejack sees the hallucination of her mother. And right after she sees this, she has a heart attack, and dies. These hallucinations are connected to her mother's mental illness; schizoaffective disorder. The rest of the world believes everything is normal while Rarity and Applejack are the only ones who see that it's all different.

The first big apparent change is the alarm that plays on Applejack's phone. Then Sunset's text message disappears. It goes into how Rarity's room is arranged differently, and how it brings her back to the day she attempted to end her life.

This brings Rarity to telling Applejack the truth about her death.

Chapters 8-9・゜・。.

Then people start disappearing, the universe is tearing itself apart.

Fluttershy disappears first, since that was who Rarity depended on the most. It goes onto Winona. Everything around them starts changing.

Rarity soon pressures Applejack into finding her mother. Together, they locate where the house is. Applejack goes alone, since Rarity's scared to go back into the city.

Also for clarification, the girl spray painting the wall was Fluttershy. That was there to deliver a message to Applejack, also to show how abnormal their universe was. 

Applejack reunites with her father, and it's quickly discovered that her mother has been dead for 10 years. Applejack is distraught, which results to her next death, being suicide.

The next morning, Applejack - still completely shocked and not herself - forces Rarity to go to Canterlot. They spend the day there in the city, until Applejack hallucinates her mother. Rarity dies in Applejack's arms, and she stays alive in pain.

This is when AJ finally decides she'll do anything to get out of this.

Chapters 10-14・゜・。.

After a few dramatic sentences and shit, they connect the dots and decide to test out one of the ways they could both get back to their real worlds.

They soon have no choice but to confront everything they've been avoiding, in fear that they'll be the next to disappear.

When Applejack and Rarity part ways the last time, they have a 'lil moment. And the last image Rarity has of AJ is of her leaving her. Applejack takes the train to Manehattan.

She meets her father with the attempt of "making amends" with her mother. They both go to Pear Butter's favorite place, a park in Manehattan. While they were both walking there, a guy who was selling balloons stands outside. Applejack buys a yellow balloon, and they both sit on the bench staring at all the flowers.

She lets go of the balloon, signifying that she's moved on and she doesn't live with the feeling of her mother. And watching it fly into the sky, it feels like a heavy weight is lifted off her chest. She dies one last time, and wakes up in the real world.

Rarity goes over to Twilight's house and talks to her. She explains that she's sorry for everything. And with one last blink, Rarity also wakes up in the real world.

Chapters 15-18・゜・。.

And when they do this, the loop is broken and they both die for one last time. They're sent back to their original lives. And everything's back to normal.

Except it isn't. When Rarity and Applejack died that one last time, both their timelines split, and they're exactly where they were in the first chapter. They've fixed themselves but no longer have each other.

In Applejack's world - Rarity is still going to kill herself.

And in Rarity's world - Applejack is still going to get run over by a car.

They're tasked with a new goal, to save the other one from death. And this time, there's no redos.

In the beginning of the story, you see two characters who aren't who they are on the original show. Applejack isn't honest, Rarity isn't generous, etc.

When Applejack and Rarity meet during the loops, its as if everything is set in place. You watch them grow into their element, and at the end, all their work is torn away from them.

It's as if the world senses the imbalance, and places these two in the same situation to set things right. The longer Rarity and Applejack took, the more the world fell apart around them. Multiple people got taken away, their destinies changed.

Applejack by the end of this, swears to never lie again. After seeing the pain that had followed her father after he lied and pretended Pear was fine, she didn't want to be in that same situation. And because of all of this and everything Rarity gave up for Applejack, generosity overtook her.

Rarity and Applejack at the end do succeed in saving each other from death.  Applejack stops Rarity from killing herself, and Rarity takes the hit instead of Applejack.

Rarity wakes up in a hospital bed, Applejack wakes up beside Rarity.

At the very end of the story, they stare out over the same mountain. This is the first time they've seen it rain since the loops began.

Rarity watches the rain pour over the hospital and Applejack sits beside in her silence.

Applejack slowly makes her way out of the room, and onto the porch outside letting the rain pour against her. Rarity wakes up, finding her outside, and together they stare at the same hill while it rains.

ıllıllııllıllı

I would like to thank everyone who has stuck with me this whole entire time and read this all. All of you mean the world to me and I cannot thank you enough. To be honest, I was sure this story would be another story that I ditch mid-way.

As I publish this last chapter, I have 6.8k reads. Thank you sososo much for the votes and the comments.

This is also, probably, the last Rarijack story I will be making. I've been writing Rarijack stories since 2018, and I think this story really gives it a nice send off. Thank you all for the support over these years.

Alright, byeee, I love you all <333

ıllıllııllıllı

FUN 'LIL FACTS ABOUT LOOPED:

➸ Applejack's mom was originally alive. Applejack and her mom were supposed to meet, and I was gonna send AJ back to reality like that. I changed it last minute.

➸ I didn't have a plan for the rest of the chapters until about the fourth chapter.

➸ All the songs I chose for the chapters had to do with what I was listening to at the time I wrote that. So whenever I look at the older chapters I feel hella nostalgic 💃

➸ Throughout the story, they were both drawn to the mountains. Mountains symbolize constancy, hence the days being a constant loop. The mountains were always there no matter what, even with the hell on earth they were given. These mountains are the only thing Rarity and Applejack have left of each other.

➸ Any questions about the plot? Drop them right here.

.:・゚ .: *・゚: .

also use this lil section here to advertise your story in the comments.  i need new books to add to my reading list ;)

with this said please don't self promo on my profile elsewhere except this part. it's one of my biggest pet peeves, i want to support people, but lmfao please stop spamming my stories and message board about your stories.

.:・゚ .: *・゚: .

TOTAL WORD COUNT THIS STORY: 51,265

START DATE : June 1, 2020
END DATE : July 3, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

WIRES By s.

Fanfiction

505 44 8
In the hospital bed's thin crisp sheets lies everyone's future. If that person was lucky, the bed didn't mean anything just yet. They had more time l...
35.1K 972 31
Rainbow Dash suffured a long week at the hospital after the car accident of her lover, Applejack. She regrets everything that happend.. She had anoth...
122K 2.5K 33
"𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏." * * * * * * * * * ⚠️ THIS STORY IS UNDER HEA...
15.3K 397 13
Halfway through typing out her response to the text message she'd just received, the purple haired woman fully runs into someone, sending both of the...