• the dragon of the court • |...

giubrick द्वारा

Isabelle Aizawa, third year student in Shumizen Academy, captain of the most known girl's volleyball team in... अधिक

0.0
0.1
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
36.
37.
38.
Author's Note!

35.

909 28 6
giubrick द्वारा

Rio de Janeiro
2th August, the same night

«The food is really good here» Oikawa says, stuffing his mouth with any type of meal he can reach. Shoyō is in the same condition while I decide to eat like, you know, a normal person.

Oikawa's gaze moves from the food to me «So you're here for the Olympics, right?» he swallows a piece of fried chicken.

I nod «Yep, I'm gonna take home the golden medal so you better watch me» I point at them with my fork and knife «but the real question is what are you doing here, Great King of Trash» I joke on the nickname Shoyō gave to him.

He sticks out his tongue in a childish way «I play in Argentina now, so I'm right around the corner»

Shoyō seems surprised «Argentina? Wow, I always thought about you more like an Italy type of guy, Oikawa!»

Oikawa crosses his arms on his chest, proud «I totally get it, I definitely fit perfectly in Italy. Never gone there before though» we stop eating to send him a confused look that he ignored «But when I was in elementary school I remain totally capture by an Argentinian setter during a Tournament. His name was José Blanco and the way he took out all the best in every player amazed me so much that in that moment I decided I want to be a setter. Some years later he became coach of a V. League Division, the Falcons, and I know a guy who know a guy that help me contact him and mostly lift me up every time I was thinking about leave volleyball. So when I discovered he was in Argentina I decided to take this challenge and here I am, playing oversea»

We nod, surprised about Oikawa's words.

«That's so cool!» Shoyō's eyes are sparkling «Oh! Oikawa, have you seen any of Kageyama's matches lately?»

Oikawa's face twists a little and he quickly looks away «...Nope»

Me and Shoyō sharing one brain cell in this moment and I can hear him thinking the same thing I'm thinking: They're the same!

We snickered with our hands on our mouths at his reaction.

«Liar!» I say to him, eating the last piece of my beef.

He huffs «I never lie!» he returns focusing on Shoyō «By the way, I thought I was doing something kinda out here, but beach volleyball on the other side of the globe is...»

Before he can finish Shoyō jumps up from his chair «Come on! Let's go play! Around here, everyone plays until pretty late! Isabelle, can you come too?» he asks me.

I check the time on my phone and decide to text something in the team's group chat. When I receive the okay from my captain I smile.

«Yeah, I can»

Oikawa smirks at Hinata «Hehe, you've gotten pretty high and mighty, wanting to fight it out with me»

I suppress my laugh.

You'll see, Great King.

I laugh so hard that I start crying.

Oikawa sends me a look full of hate but I can't stop. His receive on the sand are so horrible that he ends up always smashing his face on the ground, totally missing the ball.

«Volleyball's in the name, but this is a totally different sport! I'm a beginner here!» he complains, still crawling on the sand.

Hinata bump fist the air, like Bokuto «I get a sense of supremacy from you!»

Oikawa almost falls down on the sand again «Seriously?!»

Still laughing I step closer to him and try to help him stand but when he takes my hand he pulls me on the sand too. I kneel and remove the sand from my top and use it to fill his perfect hair with it.

He try to stop me taking my wrist away but I keep doing my torture.

Shoyō's laugh make us stop and turn to him.

«Today for one second, just for one second, I was really depressed but» he helps me stand and flash us one of his brightest smiles «after meeting you guys I'm feeling way, way, way better!»

Oikawa stands as well and put his arms around my shoulder «Then try to don't lose your wallet and treat us to dinner next time!»

Before I can say something a man called us from behind us.

«Hey, Jackie Chan! Nice lady! Wanna play?»

Oikawa and Shoyō pushes me behind their back, shielding me for no reason.

«Does he think I'm Chinese?» Oikawa mutters, smirking at the boy «Well, not Jackie Chan, but Watanabe Ken!»

I peek from between their arms the confused face of two boys.

«Challenge accepted» my friends say together.

Oh God.

In the end they lost. And bought beers to the winners — who offered me a glass of white wine that I kindly accepted.

«Well guys» I start, finishing my drink and standing up from the sand «I have to go now, from tomorrow we will have double practice and I need to be at 120%»

My friends stand up and Shoyō talks first.

«Can we walk with you till the hotel?» he asks, including Oikawa in his idea.

I nod and lead the way in a comfortable silence.

They chat behind me and I hear that Oikawa is gonna play with Shoyō again before returning in Argentina. I smile and stop in front of a big hotel.

«Home sweet home» I point at the big building.

Then my eyes fall on Shoyō, who's already crying a bit. I hug him tight and he hugs me back.

«It was nice seeing you again! I promise to call you more when this stressful Olympic Games are over!» I tell him, stepping back and taking something out of my bag.

He smiles and touch the little dragon charm he gave me three years ago «You keep it»

I nod «Of course! He is my lucky charm!»

He wipes the tears off with the back of his hand and smile.

I turn to Oikawa, who's looking at the ground. I position myself under his nose so he has to look at me.

I hug his waist and he hugs my head, caressing my hair «I'm gonna miss you, Tōru! Text me sometime! Iwaizumi always does!»

He push me back a little and lowers himself to look at me better «Iwa-chan texted you?! That's why he told me I'm crap more than usual! It's because I never call you, right? You're love for me is consuming...»

«I still have a boyfriend» I stop him.

«My God! Just get married already! And invites me, thanks!»

I karate chopped his hips and let him go.

With a last goodbye I watch my friends return to their home.

Watching their back I can still see them in their high-school volleyball club's jersey. How much we all grown and how much we still have to grow.

See you soon, guys.

«Are you Isabelle Aizawa, miss?» the man behind the reception's counter asks me, taking me by surprise.

I nod «Yes, it's me» I step closer and he gave me a sticky note.

A very well know handwriting make me smile.

«You ass! Your teammates tell me your having fun with some friends while I wanted to surprise you! What a horrible timing! That must mean that... before Olympic is better not to see each other? I can feel it! Well, see you soon, dragon!
Ana!!»

I giggle and put the note in my bag, thanking the receptionist.

See you soon.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

67.3K 3K 33
𝙧𝙪𝙗𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙨 (𝙣.): 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩 She laughs again and spins farther f...
702K 23.5K 116
Amari Bakugo was Katsuki's greatest secret. The topic of his sister was only dismissed and forgotten by him for years. That is, until Amari gets acce...
11.9K 358 22
OC, named Ireen, is another childhood friend of Eren, just a year older (or so what they thought). Living in a forest separated from the main town of...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...