Catch Me If You Can (Durarara...

By opaaru

Promises don't last forever but she is willing to do everything to keep it. She will fight and keep the promi... More

Chapter 00| Back In Ikebukuro
Chapter 01 | Two Different Worlds
Chapter 02 | Stay with Me
Chapter 03 | Undying Love
Chapter 04 | The Bet
Chapter 05 | A Butler?!
Chapter 07 | Onii-tan!!
Chapter 08 | Jealousy? Part 1
Chapter 09 | Jealousy? Part 2
Chapter 10 | My Little Red Matryoshka
Chapter 11 | Sick Of Love
Chapter 12 | Snowy Days
Chapter 13 | Cats & Dogs
Chapter 14 | City Lights
❆ Author's Note ❆
Chapter 15 | The Love Broker
Chapter 16 | The Date
Chapter 17 | Fear
Chapter 18 | Something Missing
☆ Happy Birthday, Onii-tan! ☆
Chapter 19 | Good Girl
Chapter 20 | Feelings? Part 1
Chapter 21| Feelings? Part 2
Chapter 22 | Reunion Part 1
Chapter 23 | Reunion Part 2
Chapter 24 | Vague Feeling
Chapter 25 | Hide Away
Chapter 26 | One Night Stand
Chapter 27 | Under The Mistletoe
Chapter 28 | Sweet Pandemonium
Chapter 29 | Out of the Blue
Chapter 30 | Inestimable Memento
Chapter 31 | Brewing Danger
Chapter 32 | Hummings
Chapter 33 | Inlove
Chapter 34 | Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter 35 | Dissolving the Chains
Chapter 36 | Trapped
hi der
NEW COVER ♡
Dear Readers
Hello Readers!
Woah

Chapter 06 | Izaya, On the Move

1.6K 67 23
By opaaru

Chapter 06

Izaya, On the Move

           "SHINRAAAAAA! I'M GOING TO BREAK EVERY SINGLE BONE IN YOUR BODY!" Shizuo yell angrily, carrying a stop sign while chasing Shinra.

           Today is a fine, peaceful--- today was supposed to be a peaceful day…

-DECEMBER 3, 2014-

Earlier. . .

"Shizuo-kun! Shizuo-kun!"

           "Eh?" The tall man turned around and saw a lady with short strawberry blonde hair dressed as a butler (But of course, he didn't know it was her.). He stared at the butler for a little while and then realized, "Hikaru?" He looked puzzled.

           Her precious long hair was cut off by Shinra's friend, a fringe falls on the bridge of her nose, and her hair is as short as Shinra's.

           She nodded happily, "Yes and I have a new job!" Her voice clearly sounds excited, she’s always happy when he’s around.

"Nice wig you got, kid." Shizuo chaffed.

           "Shizuo-kun, this is not a wig... I cut off my hair because Shinra-sama told me to."

                     •   •   •

           Shizuo's left eye twitched in anger, through clenched teeth, he growled, "S-so... Shinra told you to cut your hair..."

           "Yeah, I know, at first I didn't want to--" When Hikaru was going to explain everything to him, he was already gone, "Eh? Where did Shizuo-kun go?"

Present time. . .

           Shinra ran further away from the bartender; he quickly made his escape by running in a crowd of people, running also into Celty who was simply enjoying the winter coldness. But from afar you can still hear Shizuo's angry voice. Celty saw Shinra looking stupid while running; he isn't really a fast runner. He just outsmart Shizuo, he was never good at running or sports. 

'I thought you were going shopping with Hikaru?!' She typed, and somehow she can feel that Shinra messed things up again.

‘What did you do? Are the policemen after you?’

           Shinra tried catching his breath back, he fell on his knees, and his hands were on the cold snow, "S-shizuo saw H-hikaru's new look." He's voice was shaky; he was panting and sweating from all the running.

           His limbs was wobbly, he gulped when he saw Shizuo glaring directly at him, "What the fuck, did you do to Hikaru?!"

           Celty quickly ran in front of Shinra, shielding him before Shizuo would do such a thing to him, she typed as fast as her fingers can, 'Shinra just wants to help Hikaru-chan.'

"Then why must you fucking make her a butler?" He asked, his voice was as cold as the snow, you can almost see a black aura coming out of Shizuo's body.

           They then heard someone running to them, the sound of crushed snow.

           "S-shizuo-kun! It's not Shinra's fault, he just wanted to help me! And I also approved to his idea. So please, if you will hurt Shinra-sama, hurt me instead." Hikaru who managed to catch up and found them, protested heroically.

           Shizuo looked at the girl who is in front of him; the lady bowed her head down and shut her eyes, expecting a slap or anything. It was very heroic of Hikaru to defend Shinra; she knew that it will be hard for her to make Shizuo fall for her now especially now that she is a butler working for Shinra.

           Shizuo raised his hand and puts it on top of Hikaru's head, patting it twice.

           He whispered, "Idiot..." His voice turned soft and warm, like honey and bread.

           He didn't take his hand off just yet. Hikaru opened an eye and looked up, opening the other, she smiled happily.

           Shizuo smiled back, ruffling her hair and messing it up a little. The two of them smiled at each other for awhile, while Shinra was secretly taking a video of them. Celty playfully punched Shinra's arm for taking a video of them and for making Shizuo mad. Her helmet shook a little; it looks like she's giggling.

________________________

Kanra has entered the room.

Kanra: Hello!  ( )

Setton: Kanra, you seem to be late tonight.

Kanra: Well haven't you heard? Hoshi-chan is in Ikebukuro, lots of her fans are looking for her.

Setton: Are you also a fan of Hoshi-chan?

Kanra: A little. She is an internet idol! But I think, she's hiding in Ikebukuro.

Setton: Maybe she's just shy. She'll show up eventually.

Taro Tanaka: Hoshi-Chan? I believe she's a cosplayer. My friend use to have a crush on her.

Setton: Why did she go to Ikebukuro? Is it because she's in a vacation?

Kanra: No one knows. But I'm looking forward to see her.

Setton: She does look friendly.

Kanra: Let's just hope she doesn't run into gangs or maybe even worst, the Slasher.

Setton: ...the Slasher?

Taro Tanaka: Maybe Hoshi-Chan brought guards with her.

Kanra: But at the picture, I saw, she was with Shizuo Heiwajima. Without any guards, or anyone beside her, just Heiwajima Shizuo.

Taro Tanaka: Maybe she hired him as a body guard. Ikebukuro is dangerous; the Golden Bandanas are increasing lately.

Setton: Hoshi-Chan has a fan page called Hoshi-chan Lovers... She must really be famous to Otakus.

Kanra: Interesting, the strongest man in Ikebukuro meets Hoshi-chan.

Setton: Well, I must be going... Bye.

Taro Tanaka: Ah, me too. Good night!

Taro Tanaka left the room.

Setton left the room.

Kanra: Hoshi-chan, I think it's about time to see you again.

_________________________________

Hikaru's P. O. V.

           Alright, I have talked to Shinra and we made a deal. Well he can't refuse, since Shizuo was glaring at him at the whole time.

           I don't understand, Shinra-kun. First of all, I do not know anything about being a butler and a butler has many duties. They wake up at seven, iron their master's newspaper, serving tea and scones, and many more, it's too many!

           I know, I shouldn't be complaining, Shinra and Celty just wants to protect me.

           I took a glance at the digital clock which glows neon numbers.

11:50 p.m.

           It's finally night time, I'm sure Celty and Shinra are asleep, it's really late. I walked over to the door, turning the knob and peeking if someone is still awake at this hour.

           I saw the living room lights was on, so I tip-toed to where the light switch was, but then I heard groans of pain. It didn't sound like Shinra's and it couldn't be Celty.

"A-ah! It hurts!"

           I gulped, fixing my necktie and patting my tailcoat clean, I made a way in the living room quietly. Finding a black haired young man with piercing reddish-brown eyes, sitting on the grey sofa, his sprained ankle horribly swollen, leaving a dark bruise. He was wearing a black t-shirt on, his lined fur jacket on his lap. Shinra observed his foot, massaging it gently.

           "Now, now, if you didn't run off and carelessly trip, then you wouldn't be here now, would you?" Shinra said with a chuckle.

I reckon that I have seen that face from before.

           The man chuckled, he shrugged his shoulders, "I guess, I was a little careless."

           I walked to Shinra's side, bowing and putting my hand on my chest like a butler would do, "Shinra-sama." I lowered my voice a little but not too much, it might sound too manly.

           I averted my eyes from the man and looked at Shinra instead. Who is putting on his happy smile on.

           "Izaya, meet Sora, my step brother, and formally my butler." Shinra introduced me to the sly looking man.

           Izaya smirked sexily, "Sora, right? Nice to meet you. My name is Izaya Orihara."

           I turned to him and try to keep in my cool. My teeth gritting when I realize, that I know this person and that he might know as well.

"N-nice to meet you too."

           Daggers of smirks shot me by him, it was annoying and it irritated me a lot.

'Why, oh why?' I thought, a sweat on my cheek running down.

           "Sora, please put an ice pack on Izaya's sprained ankle," Shinra ordered, "I'll tell Celty that dinner is almost over." With that he left us alone.

           I sighed deeply, and did what Shinra has told me. I sat on the floor, put his twisted ankle on my lap, gently patting the ice pack on his swollen bruise.

           "Sora-san have we met before?" Asked Izaya, almost forgetting I have his foot.

           I pushed the ice pack harder on his bruise, he groaned in pain, "Ow!"

           "Forgive me but I do not speak in Japanese fluently." I lied, as I put on my thick English accent on.

           "Is that so?" He inquired, he suddenly spoke in English. Which was not so bad at all...

           My eyes stared at his thin lips; it was formed into a smirk. I snapped out, and focused on his bruise. The room was quite quiet for awhile, and it makes my heart throb, 'What if he knows... is it really that obvious...?'

           "Sora-san~, you can stop now. I'll be going home now." He said playfully.

           I looked up at him, our eyes staring at each other but quickly I looked away, "Alright then."

           I wrapped the bandage around his ankle, it looked better from before, "Shall I help you out?" I asked a little concern.

           He slides into his lined fur jacket and pinched his nose, "Just tell Shinra that I must be going..." He skipped his way out but just before he could exit, he 'accidentally' dropped a folded paper, "Oops~!"

           I furrowed my eyebrows and whispered, but just enough to here him, "Goodbye...?"

I closed the door and picked the paper up.

It's Izaya's phone number...

Author’s note:

        Happy New Year! I hope you readers have a great year!

12/31/14

~JeimChan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.6K 31
ព្រោះតែការយល់ច្រឡំមួយ ទើបធ្វើអោយក្មេងប្រុសស្លូតត្រង់ម្នាក់ ហ៊ានធ្វើគ្រប់យ៉ាងដើម្បី សងសឹក គេវិញអោយបាន.....!!! ថេហ្យុង ជុងហ្គុក
264K 1K 30
Just some AO3 shots not mine credit to owner ❤️
58.6K 2.7K 96
for everyone to know this story is just fiction and no truth
43.1K 3.4K 31
Rohan Mehra is a successful famous and a rich businessman. He is a responsible and a very strict big brother. He handles both his siblings and busine...