Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
Amethyst
State Banquet
Illusion of Truth
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Kissing The Bride
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Safety Net
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
Star Crossed
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Vulnerable

4.1K 229 92
By itsandreasachs

Son Yejin POV

Seoul.
We were picked up by the PSS agents. Choonja introduced us to a new agent who replaced Youngjae. I was sad actually, that he resigned. We used to be close and he was nothing but a truly kind man.

While Bin was busy with his phone, I asked Choonja about Youngjae.
"So he really has resigned. Why?"
"I am sorry Ma'am. I'm not comfortable to answer why."
"Tell me, Choonja."
"Mr. Choi couldn't accept your marriage. That's all I can say, Ma'am."

Once we arrived home, a staff approached us and told that Mr. Park and Mrs. President have been waiting for us in the study. I was exhausted after 14 hours flight, and she, I believed this was my mother in law's initiate, already asked us to face her.

"Hello, Bin, Miss Son, how's the trip?" She greeted us, holding a thick envelope in her hand.

"She is Mrs. Hyun, Madam President," Bin bowed to her then corrected the way she addresses me.

"Come here, my boy," she hugged Bin.

She treated Bin like he was still a little boy. Spoiling and all, even choosing a bride for him. Me. I wonder if Bin would ever choose a bride by himself after me.

"Miss Son, regarding what my son and Mr. Park have told you before, these are what you should know about Hong Buyong, and be ready to make a statement for Blue House in two hours." She handed me the thick envelope.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"From the all pictures inside the envelope, there was only one that has leaked to the public. The least vulgar one. If I may suggest, take a rest for a moment before facing the press, Mrs. Hyun." Mr. Park added.

"Mrs. President, it would be better if Bin was present and make the statement by himself. I will be by his side and answer the questions from the press, but Bin has to make the initial statement, in my professional opinion." I tried to suggest to her, and of course, she objected.

"He doesn't need to appear on the screen. That's why we hire you, Miss Son."

"Mom-" Bin was about to object but being cut by a raising hand from his mother that gestured him to shut up.

"Mrs. President, for him to be present will give an impression as a happily married husband, a good man, replace his old impression as a reckless playboy."

"Mrs. President, I agree with Mrs. Hyun. To replace Mr. Hyun's old impression can't be build by just a week and a marriage. It takes time and process, and this kind of problem is momentum to start it. It would be better if he presents as well. After all, Miss Hong is attacking Mr. Hyun, not his wife. I strongly suggest this for another problem that would likely arise after this."

"I agree because of you, Mr. Park. And for us who knows that their marriage is an assignment, she is Miss Son, not Mrs. Hyun. And you, Miss Son, he is Mr. Hyun, address him formally."

What did I do that has made her hate me? I was her favorite staff before I agree to this marriage.

"Mother, I am a man, I can handle interviews and press, don't worry too much. Yejin will be with me as well."

"Mrs. President, if I may, I'd ask for a few minutes with you. There is something I need to ask, in private,-"I nervously asked her.

"I'm staying," Bin cut me.

"Well, maybe next time, Mrs. President, I need this but only for the two of us." I glared at Bin.

"Come to me after the press conference, Miss Son."

"Yes, Ma'am."

I opened the envelope and the first thing I saw instantly made my head spin and my heart hurt.

It was a picture of a man, buried his face on a woman's bare breast. In the second picture, the man has lifted up his head and I could see his face pretty clearly. It was my husband.

I took a sharp inhale and proceed to the next pictures. Bin was in front of me, he had not seen those pictures. His face was clueless but worried.

The next pictures were hurting me more. I was shoved by pictures of him fucking a stranger. I was familiar with his hobby before our marriage but not once I imagined it. From the pictures, I could see his face, that recently I was familiar with. His face that recently I often caress, and kiss. His face has become the first thing I see every morning. His face has grown to be my favorite among other men.

The worst part was, there was a picture that shown a certain expression of him when I kneel between his legs and satisfy his needs. Not once I ever thought that seeing him in that state would hurt me so deeply. Because it was not me who wrapped him inside. It was not me who lay underneath him. It was not me who brought him into that state.

I haven't even given my self to him. I haven't even let him come between my legs. Not that I didn't know he has done it so many times with so many women but still, those horrible images in front of me crushed me like a train wreck.

I wanted to cry. I quickly dabbed my eyes.

"Sorry," I whispered.

Bin quickly snatched those pictures from me and his eyes were widened, shocked.

"I want to hear your opinion, Miss Son." Mrs. President asked me.

"We need to know first, does Mr. Hyun recall this...activity?" I address Bin as Mr. Hyun, referring to Mrs. President's wish for me to stay as Miss Son for her son.

"Fuck. First thing first, I'm irritated with this Miss Son addressing crap, Mom. She is Mrs. Hyun now or just call her Yejin. She can call me by Bin or whatever she wants to because she is my wife. Can you just show some respect for us?"

I tried my best to hold my tears but Bin stood up for such a small problem like that has melted me down. Did he genuinely love me like what he has said over and over?

"It's ok, it's ok." I gently hold his hand.

There must be something that has made Mrs. President change form a nice lovely lady to this cold mother in law.

"Answer her question, Hyun Bin. Do you recall those pictures?"

"I do."

I couldn't hold my tears any longer. I looked down on my shoes and dabbed my eyes quickly.

I felt Bin stepped closer and hold me in his arms.

"I'm sorry, baby, I'm so sorry...." he whispered.

"That's all I need to know for now. Do what you have to do, Miss Son. I'll leave you two. Mr. Park, come with me to the press conference room." Mrs. President looked uncomfortable and chose to leave us, heading out from the study.

My tears still won't stop flowing.

"I'm sorry Bin, I thought I was strong. I thought this would be easy. I have dealt with this kind of problem of yours not only once twice or thrice but this time it hurts."

He stroked my hair whispering his apologies.

"I even have seen similar pictures of you kissing other girls, none was ever made me crumble but this... I don't know how I will face the world with this. I'm not fit to be Mrs. Hyun. Your mom is right. I should stay professional as staff here. There have been so many things happening in my heart for the last few days spent with you, I don't know how to be professional anymore, Bin." I crumbled in his embrace.

"Yejin, love, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.."

"Maybe it's too soon, but if it ain't love then I don't know what it is," I whispered.

"Babe? Can you repeat that?"

"Repeat what?"

"Did you just confess that I'm not the only one who fell in love here?"

"I got carried away, Bin."

"Oh come on....why are you getting this emotional then?" He teased me.

"I told you, I got carried away."

"Really? You're not falling for this face?" He holds my face forcing me to see his dimple smiling face.
"Am I not handsome enough for you, Son Yejin?"

I stopped crying and started to smile.

"Yejin, love, are you jealous because of that trashy pictures?"

"I.. I am. I don't like you getting in that state with another woman."

"It won't happen again. Ever. I have a wife now. I have you."

"Assigned to be your wife."

"Crap. You'll resign today. Resign today and forget about that so-called professionalism. If you do love me, I don't want you to hold back anymore."

"I'll think about it."

"Oh really? You're really frustrating to me."

"Bin, let's back focus on this problem. That activity you did in those pictures, do you recall it? Was that really you? Was that forced intercourse?"

"I do. It was consensual. It was after a state dinner and I didn't know that she's a staff working here. I don't even remember that she had a name Hong Buyong."

"Really? Did you just fuck any girl who hit on you?"

"I...depend on whether the girl is pretty or not. I know I sounded like a total jerk but you have known that for years, I'm not proud, I'm ashamed, and I'm sorry. I won't do it again as long as I have you as my wife."

"Even that until today I still refuse to..."

"Your wall of defense is going to crumble soon, Mrs. Hyun. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting patiently and take what I can get." he titled up my chin and kissed me.

"I'm going to take a bath and after that, I'll prepare for your statement."

Press Conference. Blue House released an official statement to respond to Hong Buyong's case.

Hyun Bin stated his apology and admitted that it was his mistake from the past. That it was consensual and he had no idea that the female partner was a staff working in his father's office.

He stated that he was aware this case intended to hurt President Hyun and threatened those who's going to spread false statements and rumors are going to be seriously handled bt The Blue House.

Lastly, he stated that he was happily married and enjoying the newlywed life with me.

I stood by his side all the time. Wearing my smile and hiding my pain.

Then comes the QnA session.

"Mr. Hyun, is it true that the number of employees in Blue House was dominated by males because it was the female staff was insecure being molested?"

"It's not. There is no such thing as staff molesting."

"So you have a thing for the Blue House staff, Mr. Hyun? That miss Hong was staff here and you're dating and married to staff as well Miss Son Yejin?"

"I don't. I know my wife initially as President Hyun's staff but we got close from casual events."

"Then why before the wedding you have never appeared together?"

"It's called a private life. Due to my family's unusual situation, it was best for us to keep it private."

"Mrs. Hyun! How do you respond to this?"

"I'm here to support my husband. He is a real gentleman who has admitted his mistake and I humbly asked for your apology. We all have a past that we are not proud of. I know my husband, I have made peace with his past, and we're moving on. I love him and I put my faith in him."

"Mrs. Hyun! Have you seen the leaked picture?"

"I have. I took pity for those who desperately seek for this shameless attention, and I have failed to understand the intention of such an act. I want to say that there are a lot of things we can do to gain attention, by working hard to be the best at one and show our achievement. Make the most of our life."

Questions kept coming and I remained calm all the time in answering them one by one. During the press conference, Bin was holding my hand all the time and we occasionally stealing glances. This time was not for the show. It felt so natural.

Mr. Park has warned me about another upcoming accusation, from sex scandals, alcohol addiction, until police assaults and public fights. Bin's past was very vulnerable.

Right after the press conference done, I checked on my phone and got a missed call from Youngjae.

I stepped away from Bin and called Youngjae back.

"Youngjae, how are you? Why did you go?"

"Yejin, honey, how are you there? I am a total mess here. I still can't believe what you did. Why did you marry that scumbag, Yejin?"

"Youngjae, don't honey me, I'm someone else's now. I chose Bin, Youngjae. You just don't know that we have planned this marriage."

"Did you hear yourself, Yejin? What do they have on you that you were forced to get married?"

"It's not forced, Youngjae. Why did you call me anyway?"

"To check on you. I know you just got back from a holiday with him. I hope nothing has happened to you. I know you and that defense wall of yours. Hold on, Yejin. I will find a way to get you free from him."

"Youngjae, get yourself together! What happened to me is none of your business."

"I know this must be an arranged marriage, Yejin. Who arranged this? President Hyun?"

"Youngjae, how did Hong Buyong can get old footage from inside Blue House study room? Did you have anything to do with that?"

"I'll show you who are the Hyuns, Yejin. You think you know them because you have dealt with their mess for years. But do you know that they have promised you, to be exchanged for a thing? Your husband doesn't love you, Yejin. Hyun Bin is the rebel Tiger1 we know. What have he done to you that you were so whipped on TV?"

"Stop. I regret this call, Youngjae. I thought you're still a good friend to me."

"I don't want to be your friend, Yejin. I want you to be mine. I will get you out from there. You're not something to bet on, Yejin. You have no idea how special you are to me."

"Oh God, Youngjae. Goodbye."
I ended the call.

"Did he warn you about the Hyun, babe?" Bin's voice startled me from behind.

"Oh God! How long have you been there?"

"Long enough, babe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...
143K 7.5K 54
Marriage is the most wonderful bond between two loving souls who promise to live forever. However, it is not for the wedding of Son Ye Jin and Hyun B...
25.4K 979 4
Two times Hyun Bin kisses Son Ye-jin and one time he stops. A fictional story of their coming together in the 8-month universe. This beautiful cover...
48K 1.8K 12
Hyun Bin is a CEO of SK's biggest coffee shops chain. An ambitious businessman by day, a womanizer by night. Son Yejin is an owner of a small coffee...