It's Not Just a Phase! (BxB)...

By ZaitsevVannChemistri

Being in the closet for a gay boy is hard. Literally. But Maxwell Kenji Mendiola, your typical 17-year old hi... More

WARNING! (BxB Story)
Chapter 1 -Crush Over The Net
Chapter 1.5 - Friends? Friends.
Chapter 2 - Thursday Morning
Chapter 3 - Stars
Chapter 4 - Chance
Chapter 5 - Loose
Chapter 6 - Overdrive
Chapter 7 - Aint Gonna Happen Again
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Special
Notice!
Chapter 9 - Confiding to Mark

Chapter 8 - Off of You

484 14 4
By ZaitsevVannChemistri

"Why would I lie about it?" I said as I ran my fingers in my hair, my eyes looking in the floor. Clarence shut his locker causing us to wince and to bring my head up and adjust my glasses. He hung his backpack in one shoulder and looked at me with his questioning glare.

"Why did you come with him? We're the one responsible since we're the one who brought you there. What if he'd done something bad to you? We're damned worried, Kenji!"

This is just the day I dont like come, but they're bound to know the truth soon so I just told them a while ago what really happened to me after the party last two weeks, dropping the specific details about the sunday morning with Erickson.

Come to think of it, I havent seen that guy today, and anyone from the Taekwondo team. This past few days whenever we saw one another in the hallways, he'll always put that cynical grin that ticks me off mostly, but why does a part of me felt flattered? Aghh, why cant I just go over with this already?!

"Now, now, Clarence dont scare Kenji like that." Louisa neared me, causing me to stop on scolding myself mentally and placed her one hand in my shoulder. Clarence clicked his tounge and started walking, turning his back to us.

"Come on, let's get to our feet before we end up locked here in school on a friday afternoon.", Louisa suggested and we followed suit, Jerric and Jorenz beside us, which the two seemed to be quiet all this time.

"Dude, I know where your mood is coming from but Erickson seemed to be the samaritan and at the very least Max told us the truth.", Jerric said all of a sudden which made my brows meet in confusion but I just shrugged it.

"Yeah, stop being so drama queen there, brother. You're way too overreacting now.", Jorenz teased as he caught up with Clarence, which made Louisa chuckle a bit.

"Shut up, idiot. Which one of us almost had an attack after he went missing?", Clarence retorted, making Jorenz groan and fell quiet, defeated. "Im just dead worried, is all, like them, Kenji." Clarence turned to us and scratched the back of his neck.  He lets out a sigh and his face seemed to soften. "Damn, sorry Kenji if I blamed you." This time it was Clarence's turn to bring his head down.

Times like this makes me remember our fights in the old times. I went over to the twins and

I gestured Louisa and Jerric to come over. I engulfed them to a hug which made them tense for a sec but returned it without hesitating.

"Aww guys, just like the old times." Cooed Louisa and we all laughed. It seemed that it came out better than I expected and I was really happy. We got to our feet again for the parking lot and my eyes caught a glimpse of the Taekwondo gym.

Suddenly, something tugged inside me that made me frown for a moment and Clarence saw this, "Hey Maxie, you ok?". I cant afford losing the mood we have so I beamed the greatest smile I could.

"Yup, no worries. Fine now, right?" And gave him a thumbs up. He looked like he's not buying it, but just smiled in return and we caught up with the others.

-------------------------

The cold wind of a saturday night of October was caressing my face as I pedalled the bike. It's so damn cold outside and without mercy, mom made me ran an errand out in this chilly hell. The sweatshirt im wearing seemed to fail it's purpose since the chill is getting in to my skin. I turned left and the store came in view. After parking the bike and got off, I went in and "Maps" by Maroon 5 covered by Max Schneider and Alyson Stoner blasted in the speakers.

"Welco- Oh, hey Max! What's up for grabbin this late at night?". Adas greeted me over the counter while he seemed to be working beside Wendy with something. "Oh my gee! Hi there Maxwell!" Greeted Wendy as she beamed me her smile, went to me and hugged me excitingly. Man, these two really do look alike even though they're just cousins.

Adas is this fine young man on the cashier uniform with asian black hair, brown eyes, pretty tall, quite has the body and is lightly tanned which is, you can call him really handsome. While Wendy is as gorgeous as her cousin. Same hair just hers is long, same eyes, just as tall as my eye level, and is very hyper all the time. 

"Oi, Wen, you're suffocating the kid." Adas said chuckling and Wendy pulled, pouting. "I just got excited", we smiled and she went back to working.

"Mom ran me an errand. I think she's having barbeque tomorrow." I grabbed a basket and fished out my phone from the sweatshirt's pocket to start grabbing the items. I finished in no time and went over to the counter. 

"So, I take it he left early for today?" I asked, handing the bill to Wendy while Adas worked on packing the items on the paper bag. Adas suddenly looked up to me and his face showed a frown.

"Yeah, it's been a week since he's leaving exactly after his working hours. And somebody has an explaining to do soon." Wendy gave me the change and rolled her eyes to Adas.

"Stop callin me the nickname and besides, Josh's not talking to me anymore aside from work stuffs." Adas explained as he took a sit on the counter and removed his cap.

"Well, I hope he's fine. A week seems quite a long time since we hang out here in the store." A sigh ecaped from my mouth and I grabbed the paper bag.

"Oh so you're still under curfew, huh kid?" Wendy asked. "Yeah, and it sucks." I groaned and we all laughed. The time I bid them goodbye happened to be their time for closure as well, but since Mom dropped me a missed call, I have to get on the wheels.

Upon exit, the cold wind greeted me and I shivered despite the protection I had with me. I went for the only bike that's parked, put the items on the front basket of the bike, hopped in and went off.

"Man, mom should've told me earlier to do this." I complained to myself as I pedalled harder, faster. The streets weren't that empty but it's safe to break the limit, i think. Well, there are no such limits in driving a bicycle, are there?

I turned to my right and there goes the busier street. When I was on my way, I heard somebodt crying which made me stop and searched for the kid. Outside a bookstore not far from me, there was a little boy in his school uniform, weeping. People passing by him were just looking, not even caring to help the little kid.

I hopped off and went to the weeping kid. Before I could make a closer distance, someone already approached the little boy. I stopped in my tracks and noticed that the girl who approached the little boy resembles somebody I somehow felt I know. I just couldnt tell who it was or at the least take a glimpse of her face since she has her back in  my direction. That's when I decided to went over the two.

"It's alright, it's alright. Dont cry, you'll see your Mom soon." I heard the girl said and patted the little boy's head.

Wait. Did I just hear it right? That girl's voice, its very familiar. My brows met in confusion and I placed a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"Um, excuse me, mind if I help y-". My mouth hung open as the girl turned her face to me and my eyes shot out to see a familiar face in front of me. I dont know what's wrong but suddenly I felt my blood ran white and a string of panic coursed through me, withdrawing my hand from her.

"Oh look it's you, Mendiola!" The girl smiled, obviously it was so cynical. She hasn't done anything wrong but why do I feel like she has this aura that says "Danger" out loud.

"You-you're... You're that girl back from the party!" This came out very fast that it rang louder than I intended to. I took a step back in disbelief.

-----------------------

(A/N: Yo! ChemiNeko here! Im really sorry for not updating this for how long? One month and a week? Ugh, I suck. School really gotten into my sched and I worked on my reasearch paper for 2 freakin months. On the other hand, THANK YOU THANK YOU for all you awesome people who support, commented and who follow me and Max, yeah and Erickson, in here. You guys know who you are and I aint growin tired thanking you all.

Oh btw, this didnt come out as the first draft I did. Well, the update should've been uploaded yesterday but I came to see that the last draft I did was GONE. Like, blank space, you know? That really drained me off, all the motivation I had and the time I spent was wasted. Well, sh*t happened.

Okay, at least I got back with this. Wrote it and edited parts over and over all this day just to provide you guys the update for "It's Not Just a Phase!" after a long time of not being around and I have to reread my own story to get back in the groove (and I also happen to see a hell lot of typos, etc lol). Anyway, Erickson indeed didnt appear in this update BUT! He'll be in the next! I promise ya all and I suggest you stay tuned to it *winks* That's why it's "Maps" the featured song for the chapter :D 

Vote, comment, share, anything! Those help me a lot to write more, faster. ("Tsk, what another long author's note!" Eh? Sorry! I just missed you frenchbreads D:   )

Til next update, frenchbreads! Nyaa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 111K 36
Maxwell Evans is used to being abused by everyone. Why? because he is beautiful with his giant baby like blue eyes and heartbreaking smile, he is a m...
109K 4.3K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
6.4K 517 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
28.4K 1.1K 37
When Finley Bowers decided to study abroad in England, he wasn't expecting to fall in love. But when Harlyn Evans shows up in his life, he brings a w...