Chapter 3 - Stars

Chapter 3 - Stars

Counting StarsOne Republic (Cover by  Alex Goot, Chrissy Costanza  &  Kurt  Schneider)

"So what're you guys planning to do this weekend?", Jerric asked after he took a slurp of his soda.

Electric blue eyes.

"You know my father too well, people.", Rolling her eyes, Louisa said and snatched some french fries from Clarence.

Mint and apple.

"Xbox?", Jorenz said as he munched  his hamburger. Clarence just shoved a piece of his french fries in his mouth,

"Movies? I guess.".

Deep and husky voice. Why does that jerk needs to be s-

"Hey fruitcake! Max! Are you okay?", I was dragged back to reality when Louisa spoke while snapping her fingers in front of me. I jolt in surprised and the four of them laughed.

As you guessed, it's friday and we're in the cafeteria with the  usual chatterings and laughters of the students. We're in our usual table near the farthest window together with the twins.

Some girls and groups of students either smiled, said Hello, or waved past at our group.  We do have enough the looks but meh, it's more on that the twins and I are three of the  five aces of the volleyball team, Louisa as the dance club president and Jerric, well has a charisma to girls.

Im sitting between Louisa in my left and right is Clarence, while Jerric is sitting next to Louisa who seats beside Jorenz. Wth that Erickson just wont leave my mind at peace! Why does he has to be so damn attractive?! And worst, why do I have to feel those shits when Im seeing him and whenever he's around? And yesterday he just told me I looked better without glasses! Am I intimidated? Oh no, not that. Should I be affected with what he said? Scratch that. Ugh just forget this Max.

"O-oh. Yeah. Sorry. Was just thinking." Jerric and Louisa gave me a glare and they looked at one another. Louisa stared then back at me with a surprised look.

"Oh my god!," Oh no not that Louisa.

"Were you still intimidated by that Erickson?!", she said in a whisper just capable for the five for us to hear. Oh good.

"Huh?! No! Im not intimidated! Much less 'still'!", I answered while waving my sandwich in the air for denial.

"You know after what happened from yesterday, you seemed to be more spaced out. Are you sure you're fine?", Jerric spoke.

"Yeah, I noticed that too", Jorenz agreed. Clarence was just staring at me with a worrying look. He then stared down at his food and looked...hurt? I sighed. These guys are really worried about me, but I think they're overreacting sometimes, especially Clarence.

"Guys, look Im okay and you dont need to worry. It's just this upcoming band contest event that's been bugging me", I lied, well, partially true since most of my bandmates weren't able to practice much for two weeks now.

Clarence looked up to me and I found his glance. He flashed a smile and seemed contented with what I said. Phew.

"Oh you mean the Battle of The Campus Bands? Oh I get it.", Louisa nodded slowly and took a sip of water.