The Violet Mermaid - The Merm...

By legendaryfever

Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges... More

Characters & More
Prologue
Chapter 1: A Strange Sensation
Chapter 2: A Promise
Chapter 3: Unrecognizable
Chapter 4: Sea Wishes
Chapter 5: Mermaid Spells
Chapter 6: Midnight Sailing
Chapter 7: Envy Uprising
Chapter 8: Daemon Sea Spirits
Chapter 9: Rescue Mission
Chapter 10: The Red Herring
Chapter 11: Sweet Innocence
Chapter 12: A Declaration of War
Chapter 13: Cafeteria Serving: Free Water Whips...Eat One, Get Two Attacking You
Chapter 14: "You can't Just go up to Someone and Ask are you a Mermaid?"
Chapter 15: You Hate her too, Let's become Friends
Chapter 17: I want to give you a present, a tsunami just for you
Chapter 18: Pacific Pure Water? You got to try some.
Chapter 19: Would you give up your humanity, for a secret you yearn to know
Chapter 20: A Festival celebrating the Season of Winter
*~🎂Bonus Chapter🎂~*
Chapter 21: If he looked right in from of him, he will realize who he is missing
Chapter 22: Newcomer Student Bursting Trouble
Chapter 23: Unfortunately I am stuck with stupid...wait idiot fits him more
Chapter 24: Double Bubble Trouble, Break up Heart Break & Kisses of the Jealous
Chapter 25: A demon? Okay...they must of lost it
Chapter 26: Make up by Partying & bring Mivozene because that is a good idea
Chapter 27: Why you should never use Blackmail.
Chapter 28: Summer break equals no school? Yeah baby
Chapter 29: Winter in December, how odd.
Chapter 30: Spending too much time with you made me realize something greater
Chapter 31: I did not want to walk in to that
Chapter 32: I know it is true, but I can't help but still want to be with you.
Chapter 33: Running away lets them win
Chapter 34: Dinner with friends and the older human, Somebody please save me
Chapter 35: New Year's Kisses, New Year Wishes
Chapter 36: Mivozene I am the next ruler of Pacific, am I mistaken?
Chapter 37: It is always the butler
Chapter: 38 Maybe I should just say this entire time it was Mira who...
Chapter 39: Why you should never pick out a gift with Melody
Chapter 40: But what is worst: Dark Sea Spirit Demons or Researchers?
Chapter 41: Malseania getting involved? Did I mention how much I hate her?
Chapter 42: You are Drowning and Dead Now, right?
Chapter 43: Hidden into the sea...
Chapter 44: My heart stops for you
Chapter 45: How to ask a question that relates to Education
Chapter 46: Nah both you and Seivon fit that description of stupid more
Chapter 47: If you could see them one last time, would you do it?
Chapter 48: All My Fault
Chapter 49: By leaving she hurt me more
Epilogue
T.A.L. (The Atlantic Legend)
Bonus chapter/Scene #1
Bonus Chapter/Scene #2
Bonus Chapter/Scene #3
Bonus Chapter/Scene #4
Bonus Chapter/Scene # 5
Another Special Chapter and its 1 year anniversary cuz' Why not
**I'm entering the Wattys - Fantasy**

Chapter 16: This is suppose to be sad, why?

30 6 23
By legendaryfever

Emotions, choices, feelings,
and a destiny?
What does this all mean?
What am I supposed to
do with it all?
Why am I so different?

Miracine Seaton

           "Miracine!" Whatever state I was in, I immediately got out of it once Kaisa shouted my name.

        "Not again..." I muttered groaning.  "Melody, do you have an extra shirt?" I asked as quickly as I could.

          "Oh sorry..." Seivon was the one who accidentally splashed the water on me.  I guess I will forgive him, but only because it is him.

         "Oh....." She pondered a moment to think.  "...Yeah, I probably have one you could use."

3 minutes....

        Oh good.  I swear I thought I would have to come up with a lame excuse saying I waited until my shirt dried to come out.  Who would believe that?
       Hey, maybe Seivon realize who I am if I say that?  Then again, it might be too much where I'll turn into a sea slug.... 
       But now that I think about it, Seivon is foolish and Ashton is an idiot.  And maybe they won't realize it.  Although, Melody is clever, so she might think something is up.

        As she oh so slowly handed me a shirt, I felt my scales coming on.  Why was she being so slow.  What a pain...

4 minutes....

Quick.

           I hid my arms by hiding them on my shirt.  I smiled so no one would think everything of it.  Be the innocent.
          The one who wouldn't do such a thing.  Be strong, stand up for yourself no matter what it causes.  Live free, and do what you please.

            I walked fast until I found a bathroom and without any moment to spare, I locked it.

5 minutes.

           And then I fell banging my head into the wall.

Daces, that hurt!

           I was laying on the ground, full on tail waiting for my scales to dry.  I was also rubbing my delicate hurting head.  And I am going to be here for awhile if my scales take the usual long amount to dry.  Or I could just like move the water out of them.  But I don't know if I can do that without my pendant.
        Then again, Seivon is around and I know he always wears it.

      "Mira?!  Mira?  Are you okay?  I thought I hear a noise." A feminine voice shouted to me

       "I'm fine I just.....tripped on....this item." I picked up a weird object with a silver sharp metal on the top.

       "Oh!  Really?" Melody I think it was sounded as if she didn't believe me.

       "Let her go Mel, while we are waiting Ashton can enlighten you with a story." A voice called out.

         Mel yelled in response, "Ash's stories are nothing but full of crap!" I could tell Mel was frowning.

         "I heard this one is good."  That was Kaisa talking.  It was weird that she was defending him.

        "Is your house made of bricks or something my head feels like it gonna die." I muttered to no one in particular.

         "Mira stop overreacting!" Kaisa immediately calls out which annoyed me to no end.

         "I will once you stop lying about my brother." I state mischievously

       "What?!" I knew she probably just jumped right then and there.
           I didn't even have to see her to know she was probably getting pink scaled.  "What.  Does.  That.  Have.  To.  Do.  With.  Anything."

        She was totally distracted.  And her distraction made them distracted.  Just perfect.

         Lucky for me I can focus on this wet shirt I was wearing.

          I laid my hand on where the water smashed me below my breasts.  I spread my fingers out wide trying to feel it.  When I slowly felt it, I pulled the water out of the shirt I was wearing. It came out easily and I was capable of doing it without my pendant.
          I took the water and got it to float to the sink and down the drain.  It was a minute later when my tail became flesh.  I took off the shirt and put the other shirt on just for the sake of them believing I was actually changing my shirt.

        "No you will not, you guys are so annoying you-" I heard the groans and moans of Kaisa.  I swear it sounded like they are pleasing Kaisa....

        "Alright FBI open up, who is killing who?!"  My hands were in flat ninja style and I looked like I could fight them all.  I mean I could if I wanted to look insane and like a water fighting insane person.

         "Nobody." Kaisa sighed muttering the language of the sea under her breath.

         "If I recall correctly there were some interesting yelling per sey." I grinned while the others looked sheepishly at each other.

         "Well that's because we want to know what's up with Kaisa and these two people we saw her with...." Melody suddenly points out.

         "Huh?" I was surprised. 
Kaisa was with some others?

         "Yeah, like they act as almost as if they are from another world!" I exchanged glances with Kaisa.  That was when I was fished out of the sea by my brother with his trusty steed by his side, Kaisa.
          Not really, but you get the point.  That is when they saw each other.  Thankfully, they didn't put two to two together when they saw my brother both times.

          "The popcorn is done!" Ashton comes over with a freshly made batch of popcorn and in his hands was a soda that he had been continuously drinking.
          I had a feeling he even had his own personal recipe on how he made it.

          "I know let's watch a movie."  Melody said grinning ear to ear while taking a few of the freshly-made popcorn from Ashton.
            I never got that. Why do humanics like eating popcorn while watching movies?  Like I'd be too focused on eating human food that I won't pay attention.

          "Hey!" He exclaimed, "Not my popcorn!"

         "Ugh great, I wanted piece and quiet, but nooo you had to invite your friends." Melody's brother complained.

          "I know you can watch whatever we're gonna watch with us!" I exclaimed all happily.  This was so not me, but if he shuts up and is calm then I am all for it.

          "Wait-what?!" Ashton who was sipping on his soda spit out the liquid he was drinking.

          Seivon casually comes over, "For the well-being of everyone here and love for this world, don't spit out anything from your mouth.  I'm sorry to inform you Ashton, but your mouth is not clean and everyone knows how disgusting it is nor know where it has been." I couldn't help but chuckle at Seivon's comment.

         "Hey!" He exclaimed, "For a matter of fact, my mouth is clean and I have only been m-"

         "I don't want to know about your extra-curricular-activities that involves other people." Seivon grimly states.

         "Sei," Melody turns to him, "You have no room to talk.  You both practically do the exact same thing."  I started at her, furrowing my eyebrows.  Does he really?  He can't...  We are destined and I should show him that Malseania isn't me.

        "No!" The male twin scoffed.  "Melody is probably gonna put on some sappy crap like The Notebook or some other rom-com like that."  I looked at him puzzled.

        "The Notebook?  A journal?  But what does that have to do with a movie?" I questioned and instantly regretted it.
           Melody looked like someone just killed her parents.  They were alive, I think. Seivon's lips curled into a smile.  It was quite a lovely smile.

             "You haven't seen that movie?!  Ohmigowsh!  You have to see it like right now!" Melody jumped out and down yelling.  And some people thought I was crazy.  Look at her dancing around.  "It's like this super cute and sad movie!"

          "Ugh," I saw Kaisa muttered, "I hate romance."

        "That movie is so cheesy and boring.  B-O-R-I-N-G!" The male twin stood up.

        "Not boring, beautiful.  It's a beautiful love story."  Love, huh.

        "And don't get me started on that cheesy love crap.  I mean you really believe it exists?" I stared at him in wonder.  I wonder what it is about. 

         "It does too!" Melody rebutted back.
          Melody and her brother went back and forth arguing while we watched in amaze.  Melody believed in romance and feelings.  She had a passion for romance and a good so called love tale.
          From what I gathered from today, she seemed to enjoy romance novels as well.  I saw she had several in her room.  Her brother, on the other hand, he didn't believe in it at all.  They were like opposites, unless he is just doing that to annoy her.

          "It does exist." Kaisa stated, much to our surprise.  "It's like the best feeling you ever felt.  Every day is no longer for yourself, but that other person.  It is they who occupy your thoughts.  It's like you're floating through the sea, in an amazing dream.  And you forget all of their flaws and mistakes.  You only want the best for them and worry constantly every time they get hurt.  You become foolish and blind to everything around you."
             Everyone stopped to listen to her words.  We all were equally surprised I think. "Every action you do, it is for them.  You think, how will they react when they see this.  It feels so wonderful like an eternal bliss  and when you least expect it that person is who can make you fall all apart and you'd rather isolate yourself from the whole dang world because of it.".  
         When she finished she looked outside the window and sighed, "But nothing lasts forever.  At one point someone is lying to you.  All beings are cruel filled doing evil to others.  Some are meant to do that while others are just human."

        "You've been in love?!" I was the first to say something, "But I thought mer-" I suddenly looked down and felt my cheeks turn red.
       "I THOUGHT MANATEES DIDN'T!  MIRACLES CLAN OF THE ATLANTIC BORDER AND... Ugh harper's eel, bass, blue Merlin, albino..." I muttered quite defeated and embarrassed.  "Kaisa help me would you?"

       However she shook her head, "Nope, you got into this mess.  I now know what your brother deals with," She looks over darkly, "Also about what I said, you never asked before."

        "Drop it.  Let's just watch something.  Okay?" We both looked up and sighed.

      "Oh yeah," Ariean turned to me, "What do you think, then?" The male twin turned to me.

       "It's a feeling." I only state.  I couldn't describe it myself.

       "Naw, really?" He said sarcastically.  "Give us more of an opinion."

     "It's a feeling or an emotion some people have.  Some believe in it, while others don't.  But some just think it is there to show a path for others to follow." I stated boredly.
     I sounded as if I was stating a fact.  I showed no emotion in my voice, it was just monotone.

     "Interesting..." Arievan muttered as he left to go to another room.

      "Wow...I really need to show you some movies or books to show you all about romance."  Melody sighed putting a program called Netflix™️ on the tv.

       "Is it stupid that it is entertaining?" I asked Mel who glared at me.  Seivon looked at me when I said that but said nothing regardless.

       I saw Seivon go into a screen porch.  After debating with myself for several minutes, I went into the screen porch.  He was rubbing him forehead as if he was in deep thought.
       He was looking out in the night sky towards the sea.  The deep blue horizon.  I wonder what was he thinking?  A part of me hopes he is thinking about me, well mermaid me, but who knows.

        Seivon noticed my presence and spoke up. "So what movies do you like?" Seivon raised his eyebrow at me.  "You're obviously no fan of romance, which I don't blame you for."  I mean I just do not know, but some movies that had romance in it I could not stand.

        "It's not romance itself that irks me.  It is just how they do it.  And I rather that it is a subgenre if anything.  Films with romance are usually boring and the humor is so cheesy and stupid." I rolled my eyes,
      " In action, there is something that is not completely boring.  Thriller or mystery has some secret someone is dying to figure out.  That is better than any.  I want to be entertained, you know?  Something interesting."

      "You have pretty good tastes," he tells me and I looked away blushing.

       "Why did you come out here?" I ended up asking him to keep the conversation going.  He doesn't know this form of me that well to know what to say to me.

         "I was thinking I guess.  It's strange, I've been bothered." He ruffled his hair with his hand, "I don't really know you that well but-"

       "Are you sure you don't know me that well?"

    "What?!"

    "I... Nevermind, I just meant that to me I feel like I know all of you well from what I seen.  I'm good at reading people's emotions and thoughts." I smiled shyly,
     "Ashton for example, he may act dramatic and insane half the time, but that is just a coverup.  He is actually really serious in times of need.  Something happened to him.  And Kaisa, she's the same way except she still acts cold.  Mel just likes helping people and getting along with everyone.  She idealizes so many fantasies."

     "Oh and what about me?" He seemed impressed.

      "You're bothered by something that you thought was one way and now you realized you are mistaken.  You do things to help everyone.  There is a strange sadness but within that sadness from a great loss and it is also your greatest joy." I whispered to him.

     "Now I feel like I'm having my fortune read," he laughed.  "You said something earlier about stupid entertaining movies..."

     "Oh you said it once," I quickly explain.  He looks at me with a soft expression.

       "Well anyways, get Mel to change her mind and we can watch or do whatever."  He shrugs.
          Whatever?  Could I kiss him?  That would sadly be out of the question, but he did say we could do whatever. 
        But then he probably push me back because I'm not her.

      "Like anything?  Well, Seivon...I'm glad your finally realizing I exist again." I smiled as I said his name slowly.

    "What do you mean?  You were the one not talking to me for awhile."  Seivon made a confused expression.  Did the way I said his name sound familiar?  Did it remind him of my mermaid self?
      He sometimes makes me so sad that it makes my insides boil and become filled with anger.

       Should I knock on his head to see if anyone is still there?  Maybe any smart knowledge he ever had finally left his brain, would come out. 
        Should I explain why he hasn't been talking to me?  But it wasn't just me.  It was Melody too, Ashton, and Kaisa.

       "You're an idiot.  How do you not know?  After you got with Malseania you been avoiding everyone and not spending time with any of us.  But you claim I'm not talking to you?" I spoke sharply.

         "Well... I..." He sighed, "I guess you're right." He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.  "Sorry I guess.  Well, I'll try to not be as busy anymore."
          He'll do that for me?  The thought makes my insides spin and fill with such great feeling.  Is it joy?

        "Really?" He nodded.  "Also can I ask you a question if you don't mind about Malseania?"

     "Sure." He replied as he poured himself a cup of water.

     "Who...who is she?  What do you know about her?  I mean what made you interested in her?"
      That was my absolute question. How did they meet, how did he end up getting with her, and who is she really that makes her so special?  For all I'm concerned she nothing, but a liar to make things go her way.  And no other way.

     "She's just a girl that everyone overlooks and think is up to the worse.  She is lost.  Her parents and family are against her ideas and everything.  Maybe I see myself in her or it is something much greater I can't tell anyone else yet.  Her eyes are like a deep blue ocean is trapped inside and her hair is like the color of the sky with the evening sun that sets."
      The way he said that made me feel sad.  Whenever he talks like that it is suppose to be for me, not her.  He must be really a player.

      '...I can't tell anyone else yet.'

     Why does it sound like we are talking about two different people?
     It is like he is not talking about her and....me?

     "Something bad is going to happen.  A storm will stir up unwanted things to happen if you aren't careful you know." I told him, while looking out at the sea.

    "What?!" He exclaimed, "What do you mean?  Why?" He kept asking questions.  "Does it have to do with Malseania?". Was he worried for her.

     "Maybe... The ocean doesn't like her to exist.  She's done great trickery.." I whispered, then I suddenly blink when I saw his freaked out expression.
      "Do you say that to every girl?" I crossed my arms sighing.  "When I first got here I was warned to not go anywhere near you because of some player ways."

       "What?  Uh wait you said-" He tried to say, but then he sighed, "No... I only think of her that way and I haven't even told anyone else that but her."  I had two options.  Call out his crime, or ignore it.

      "Don't lie to me!" I almost hissed, making me turn into a Sea slug.  I felt my eye start to glow and put my hand over it, "I can always tell when someone lies." 

     "What do you mean, I'm not....." All of the sudden he trailed off as if he thought of something.  "Before Kaisa seems to know more about you, are you perhaps hiding something?" His words make me so sad and angry.
     He is just so frustrating.  He makes my skin boil, but then he say crazy things like this?  Does he or does he not know who I am?  And does he even care for me like that?  I really like him, I do.  Honestly, I really like him much more that I could even express.

       I shrugged, "If that's the way you feel," I muttered as I open the screen door heading inside to a different room where a dancing Melody was taking place. 

       "Wait!" He shouted at the last minute.  "You don't need help in any of the subjects do you?"

      "If I need help in any subjects, I'll come to you if I need it, but if I don't I will not mention it." He got the picture.  I walked away going to Melody.  I didn't want to deal with him, but doing this will only make matters worse as well.  I sighed, what am I going to do.

~~~~~

       "What are you-" I looked up and there was a film being played.  Did they like forget the whole 'let's watch a movie together' thing?

      "Oh sorry..." She saw me come in and paused it, "I just really wanted to watch The Notebook and.l I hope you don't mind." She smiled awkwardly.  "It also halfway done with the movie but you can still watch if you want"

     "It's fine." I said sighing,  "What's going on?" I have nothing better to do so I might as well.

       "See her and see him, they are destined to be together.  They used to date, but then he went to military.  He sent her letters, but she never received them and then they drifted apart, but their love is still there.  Now he is out of military.   And that old man, he's telling that other lady who is in a nursing home their story.  Got all that?" I nodded my head.

       Destined huh?

      "Wait what is with the house he is selling and what is the girl doing and who is that-"

     "Shhh!" She shushed me, "He is making it look good so he can sell the house."

   "That isn't the main guy is-" I again was interrupted.

    "Shut up!" She exclaimed teasingly, "Yes, that is another guy.  She dates him.  Stop asking questions and watch."

    "But I thought she was gonna get together with the other guy.  Why is she with him?"

  "Because she is.". She told me quite exasperated.

    "Wait is he dating someone too?  Wait is this going to be a love triangle but using those people for jealousy?  People should not do that.  Unless they are fake dating and-" Melody shot me the biggest glare, while Ash was over there, trying not to laugh.

      "MIRA!" She shouted my name.

       "Yes?" I said innocently.  I have to admit it, this was fun to do.  I was just asking stupid questions.

    "Just watch." From there I kept quiet and smiled.

       It was at the end of the movie and Melody burst into a baffle of tears and sobs.  I looked at her as if she was crazy.  Ashton looked like he needed to hug someone and Kaisa just sat there.

       "Oh your watching it?" Seivon came inside.  "Well thanks for inviting me." He smirked sitting down.  The credits were shown and the movie was over.

     "Oh...but look at them....it's....it's....it's just so sad." She blew her nose into a tissue.
     As she fanned her eyes, Seivon started laughing.  Bit dramatic much?

     "I have to admit it is sad, but Melody is being over dramatic." Ashton commented.

       "B-b-b-b-b-b-but it's so sad." She exclaimed in tears.

       "This?" I looked up in surprise.  "This is suppose to be sad, why?" I asked dully.

        "It's like you don't have emotions.." Melody muttered in sarcasm, "Ashton and Seivon both stared at Melody in awe.  They couldn't believe what she just said. 
          That would hurt someone, but if I have to be honest she isn't wrong.  I am a mermaid I have barely any emotions.  Of course, I got some emotions from spending time with humanics so much, but still.  
     "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" She said soon afterwards, but I shook my head.

       "It's fine." I just state, looking out of a window.  I then got my stuff and began walking towards the door way.

       "What are you doing?" Seivon looked at me as I was about to leave.

       "Living life to the fullest.  Who cares what people think, they can't control me.  Who cares if it is wrong.  Who cares about any of the consequences.  They say you only live once, so live without any regrets." I told him softly.
        If that didn't give it away, I don't know what would.

       "Wait...." He looked speechless.  With that I left him hanging there as I left.  I want him to come chasing for me.  I want him to beg for me.  I want to come running until he finds me.
      I want him to realize who I am.  I want him to get rid of Malseania.  I want him to kiss me the daylights out of me.  I want him to be with me like nothing else matters.

     I looked behind me and smiled.  I am not just doing anything fun.

Malseania......

Let the games begin.

New AN//
I should have gotten this chapter done much sooner with the edits but I got distracted...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804K 6.9K 10
Historical romance about a human girl and a merman. BOOK SAMPLE, FULLY AVAILABLE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED FOR FREE! [Preview] A long arm snaked around her...
49.1K 3.5K 32
*SEQUEL TO THE 12 ELEMENTALS* #623 in Fantasy Kicked out of her kingdom by Darkness, how does Melody rebuild her life and take back her crown? * Okay...
8.6M 262K 36
(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please forgive misspells , plot holes etc. Any s...
18.8K 631 21
Little mermaid AU! What happens when Gon the mermaid "Princess" or "Prince" got tired of collecting things from the surface and tired staying underwa...