Chasing my Dream

Rioronnie

An academy fanfiction Pria doesn't think she is worthy of dreaming until two Dads show her the love she has... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaoter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Authors note
Chapter 54
Authors note
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 19

1.6K 98 8
Rioronnie

I woke to find Jacob gone and his blankets folded.   Picking up my phone it was 9.44am.  Good god I never sleep that late.  I stretched.  I had slept ok but somehow felt awful.  I then remembered seeing Brandon and that explained how I was feeling.

Pushing away thoughts about last night I folded my blankets and put them all away in the cupboard.  Grabbing a bin bag from the small kitchenette I cleaned up the room and left the bag to get later when I come down to clean more thoroughly. 

I went up the stairs hearing my Dads were up also. "I just had a word and told them all if they upset her at all then I'll be building a new patio with 5 bodies underneath" I heard Derek claim.  Who was he talking about? 

As I reached the top Derek was sat at the island with coffee and some paperwork.  Gerry was making smoothies and dancing around the kitchen. 

"Who's bodies are you claiming to bury now?" I asked.  Both dads looked to me as I entered.  Gerry dashed over kissing my forehead "morning princess". 

"Never you mind.  How are you feeling?" Derek asked.

"I'm alright.  Over the shock and moving past the drama" I placed my phone face down not wanting to read messages yet.   Grabbing a mug, filling it with coffee and eased in next to Derek.  

He placed a kiss to the side of my head as Gerry pushed a smoothie to me.  "Ok ok just let me drink my caffeine first" I grumbled.  

"What are your plans today?" Derek asked. 

"I'm not sure I do need to catch up with Marc he wanted to speak to me about my coffee shop" I explained.

"Why is that" Derek asked he had placed down his paperwork and was looking at me.

"Not sure.   He works at the cafe in Jay's gym and I'd been explaining I couldn't find a good supplier and he seemed keen to discuss that.  I'm hoping he has an idea about a supplier or even a manager" Derek nodded at my explanation. 

Sipping on my smoothie Gerry placed a small plate with bacon and eggs.  "Get something in your stomach princess.  Jacob and I were thinking of heading to town.  He needs new footy boots and I need a few things if anyone wants to join us" Gerry explained. 

"I'm not up for a shopping experience I explained.  I think I'll clean downstairs have a shower and then decide.  I might even go to the studio and set up one of the classrooms.   I have a hen party booked for next Friday for a life art painting class" I said becoming more interested in my food.

"I may pop in on Friday for a look see" Gerry said and as I lifted my head he winked at me. 

It was a package deal that had included  buffet, drinks, some painting and then shots before a limo took them into town.  It was my first one and I was nervous as I wanted the girls to have a good time but hoped they didn't think it was a Magic Mike show.

Derek had slapped Gerry on the arm after his comment but smiled as Gerry laughed and went back to cleaning up.  "I need to go to HQ, Phil wants to introduce me to a couple of academy trainees that are having issues.  I think he is hoping I might mentor them" Derek explained.

"Ok well I'm going back downstairs to clean and then I'll shower and decided what I'm doing. I'll let you know" I said to no one in particular. 

Picking up my phone I headed back downstairs and took a look at my messages. 

Marc: let me know when your free.  Want to speak about the coffee shop ASAP xx

Raven: is little лиса ok?

Brandon: Senna I need to talk to you please?

I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to Brandon yet.   If he wanted to do that 'let's be friends talk' it would really hurt.  I decided to reply to the others for now. 

Raven: is little лиса ok?

Pria:   I am ok thanks Raven I'll see you soon :)

Marc: let me know when your free.  Want to speak about the coffee shop ASAP xx

Pria: hey I'm free today :)

I went about polishing, hoovering and refreshing the den.  I restocked the drinks and took the blankets upstairs and put them to wash.   Jumping into the shower I decided that I would reply to Brandon and say that we can talk soon but not yet.   Maybe I could be friends or at least not run away from him.  That would be the mature and healthy way to deal with heartache. 

I dried my hair and put it in a messy plait.   Pulling on a pair of black and white striped pants a white top and my yellow denim jacket I felt comfy.  Slipping on my vans and some lip gloss I went downstairs.   My phone vibrated. 

Marc: yes I'm free when and where x

Pria: I wanted to drop into the studio so maybe we can meet them.  I'm heading there in about half hour so text when your on the way :)

Marc: see you soon x

I headed to Derek office as he was rummaging around.  "I'm heading over to the studio have we anything planned for dinner" I asked.

"I was putting a chicken in the oven to cook slow thought we could put some ribs in the grill too with some salad" Derek said as he stood holding some paperwork. 

"Yes sound lovely I'll pick up some dessert" I said absently.  

"What are you doing at the studio?" asked Derek. 

"Marc's meeting me at some point to talk about the coffee shop.   I also need to prepare that room for the booking but I might just do some painting.   I've advertised the gallery opening hours at 9-3 Monday to Thursday.   Friday 3-8pm and Saturday 11-6.    Private bookings can be fitted around these times.  If it gets busy I will need more staff but hopefully I can work around those times for now" I explained. 

"Ok I think you may need to consider gallery staff and a manager, so your more flexible for missions with the academy but we can play it by ear for the first few months" he said.

"Ok I'm gonna get going I'll message you when I'm heading home" I said.  Grabbing my purse I got into my sparkly new rangy and headed out. 

When I got to the studio it was immaculate, the only thing remaining was the balloon archway over the door.   I unlocked, entered and switched off the alarm.  Deciding to be careful I locked myself in and once I had checked everywhere was clear I headed upstairs. 

Opening the first classroom I moved out chairs and easels in a semi circle.  I placed side tables with paint, brushes, pencils and jars for the water.   I then filled the fridge at the back of each classroom with bottled water, juices, lemonade and champagne.   Each group booking had 2-3 champagne and snacks for when they had a break from painting.

Once the room was set up I locked the room and went to my office.  I checked the answer machine and there was a few thank you's from guest who had been to  the opening.  Switching on my computer I checked emails and replied to a couple of emails before my phone vibrated. 

Checking my phone it had indicated entry past the front gate.   Moving to my computer I opened the cameras.   There was a blacked out SUV pulling into a car parking space.  Watching i noticed my phone chime again. 

Marc: at your studio sorry was meant to text as I left my meeting but my head was going overload and I forgot.   Shall I just come in? X

I smiled knowing exactly what he meant and made my way downstairs after locking my office. 

I unlocked the front door and waved hoping Marc would notice.  He exited the car and made his way over to me. 

"Hey thanks for meeting me" he said as he approached.

"No worries come in" I said.   As he walked into the entrance I locked the door again.  He cocked his eyebrow at me.  "We're not officially open yet so just a precaution" I said, he smiled.

I led him back into the coffee shop.  "I haven't got anything set up yet but I've some cold drinks" I explained.

"A water would be great" he said.

"Grab a seat" I moved to behind the counter grabbed a couple of waters and returned taking a seat with Marc.

"Are you ok after last night you seemed to rush off" he asked.  I looked at him and realised he just showed concern.  I decided to try and be more open with my new friends.  Show them the real me. 

"I ran away from something when I should have been a bit braver.   Somehow today I feel a little childish.   I am ok though" I said honestly. 

"Well you know where I am" he said reaching and giving my hand a slight squeeze before letting go.  "Right I can't wait I need to ask.   This coffee shop" he waved his hand around where we were sitting.  "It's something close to what I imagined as my own" he took a deep breath.  "I want to manage it.   I have my own coffee recipes but I have kept them shelved for myself.   I want to run them here.   When I saw it something drew me to it" he had leaned forward with his arms resting on the table as he spoke.   He looked so eager and his anticipation shone in his eyes.  

"I have struggled to find someone to run it but I'm thinking of another idea" I looked into his eyes and his slight confusion.   "What if we had an agreement that you rented the coffee shop with a portion of the payment that goes towards full ownership.  We can write into the contract copyright for your recipes so that your legacy is protected" I asked.

He suddenly flew out of his chair grabbed me and laughed as we came to a stop.  "That would be beyond perfect it would be mine and I would have full reigns?" he questioned. 

"Yes, I want it to be yours.   I'm not wanting this project to succeed purely from financial gain.  I want to help others.  If this is your dream then you should reap rewards" I exclaimed. 

He suddenly pulled me towards him and placed a soft quick kiss on my lips.  I stared at him.

"Oh my god I'm sorry.  I just got excited and they were looking at me pink and plump and I just" he pushed his hand through his hair looking nervous. 

I chuckled.  "It's ok I think I was just surprised" I sent him a small smile as we both sat back down.  I took a sip of water and wiped my mouth.   He focussed and watched me. 

"I shall get the paperwork set up.   Also I'll text you details of both women I had set up for part time work.     Mia is in college she's 15 and Helen is a single mum she has worked as a barrister before.  Molly is our cake supplier and she works with her mum if I have a function for buffets.  I'll give you her details also as we were looking at cakes but you may want to talk about recipes to compliment your coffees.  You can arrange meetings yourself but I would really like to keep Molly, her and her Mum catered the open night.  I haven't confirmed opening hours for your coffee shop but I'll go Monday for a set of keys for you.  Is there anything I've missed?"  I asked. 

"I don't think so but I'm so excited I can't think" he smiled so wide.

"Look I have some work to do upstairs why don't you spend some time down here and see if there is anything you need.   Get a feel for the place.  There is ground to the side which I was contemplating making an outside area for the coffee shop, if you've ideas I'll get a meeting arranged with the architect too" I said.

"God your like a dream came true" he winked.

I laughed. "Right I'm upstairs second door on the left if you need anything" I left him to explore as I went back up to my office. 

Rechecking my computer there was an email from a company I had contacted to make a website.  I sent a quick reply explaining that I would like a meeting but I would need to speak to my partner about availability as he ran the coffee shop.  I sent a quick text to Marc asking when he was free. 

I also sent out a confirmation email to the hen night booked next Friday to confirm buffet requirements and what time the limousine would pick them up.  Lastly I sent an email to the architect I used for the studio to ask for their help designing something outside for the coffee shop and outside the studio.

I heard a cough as I noticed Marc leaning in the doorway.  "Hey" I said as I finished clicking send.

"I thought it would be easier to pop up than text back.  What's up?" he asked. As I started to speak he moved into the room.

"I'm looking into sorting a website and I have a firm I like but wanted to arrange a meeting.  I explained I now had a partner and thought you'd like to be in the meeting to discuss whether you'd like to share a website or have links and have your own?" I asked.  I watched as a sparkle flashed in his eyes.   His two tone eyes were mesmerising.

"I appreciate you thinking of me.  What if we have a meeting and discuss options I'm really not sure.  And partners?  Crikey woman you move quick!" he winked. 

"It seemed the appropriate wording.  I've also asked the architect I worked with for this place about an outside space and if she's interested I'll give her your number.   She'll have in mind what would compliment the studio but you can have control.   I'll also look into what budget we have" I explained.

"Ok well I'm in the middle of making a list downstairs.  I'm free all day Tuesday and hopefully I can have everything sorted to open the coffee shop in a week" he said.

"Ok sounds great I'll let you know" I turned back to the computer finishing our conversation and he left.  Watching him leave I wanted to call him to stop and stay and chat but I knew I wasn't ready.  I switched off my computer and went over to a tall cupboard.   I pulled on an old t shirt and opened the bi-folding doors from my office and stepped into my own studio. 

I set up my easel and took out a blank canvas.   I mixed up some red and oranges.  I started painting some carnations, different shades of yellow and red as the flowers shaded in and out of each other.   It was hard to tell where some of them started and stopped.  Mixing into the red I took some yellow and mixed it into the shading. 

"That is beautiful" I jumped at the voice forgetting that Marc was in the building.  "What does it represent" he asked stepping closer.

"Carnations can represent 'I miss you' and red is commonly associated with love and pain.   I wanted to paint these feelings to acknowledged that I had felt them but I was ready to not let it control my decisions" I explained as I dropped my brush into the jar of water.  "Are you finished?" I asked.

"More or less I've spoken to an old supplier I like who is happy to do business with me and I've purchased a few other items I need.  I'm meeting Molly and her Mum tomorrow and the Helen and Mia Wednesday to discuss schedules and their availability.   Once I've spoken to them I'll think about opening hours.   Are you finished?" he asked.   

"Yeah I think so.  What time is it?" I looked about for my phone. 

"It's 2.40pm.  I wondered if you wanted a late lunch?" Marc said.

"Oh yeah sure I just need to clean up here can you give me 10 minutes?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll go make sure everywhere else is locked up and wait by the front.   When you've finished the painting can I see it again please" he gestured toward my art.

"Yeah sure" I was a little hesitant about his curiosity still unsure about showcasing my talent.  I watched as he left the room then hurried to tidy up and change my top. 

As I locked my office I went downstairs and saw him bouncing on the spot by the door.  He suddenly looked very nervous.  I smiled as I approached and unlocked the front door.  I set the alarm met him outside and locked up. 

"Where are we going? Shall I follow you?" suddenly I sounded nervous. 

"How about I drive and I'll bring you back up for your car afterwards?"   he suggested.

"Hang on a minute" I pulled out my phone. 

I dialled Derek and explained we were going to lunch.  He said he was still at HQ but would pop with Gerry and get my car later and to lock the gates at the studio.

"Sorted.  I can come with you and if you don't mind dropping me at home later " I asked.

"Of course not it will be my pleasure" he opened his door as I got in the car and we headed back to town.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

82K 3.8K 43
Rose is running from someone with the help of her new family Ashely, Raven, Axel, Brandon, Marc, and Corey. Starting over means a new identity but wh...
62K 2.9K 16
Fanfiction of CLStone's Academy series. Sang attends one of Victor's parents' fancy galas. Things don't go to well with that crowd, so they head ove...
Plié (Lost Birds Book 2) XBlaireX

Детектив / Триллер

185K 10.7K 39
Tori is already cracked and broken after barely managing to escape her abusive fiancé. She's trying to heal both physically and mentally. She doesn't...
177K 10.5K 42
COMPLETED Mad: •Insane •Very angry •Great, remarkable Sang Sorenson is mad. Very mad. But growing up in the mafia with an abusive family, who wouldn'...