Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
Amethyst
State Banquet
Illusion of Truth
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Kissing The Bride
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Vulnerable
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
Star Crossed
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Safety Net

4.3K 233 92
By itsandreasachs

Hyun Bin POV

Yejin snuggled on my neck in the car on our way to Malpensa. She was sleeping, apparently got exhausted from last night's night walk. I took her around walking after dinner and had not realized that it was almost midnight when we were back in the hotel. Since the last bath bombs and scented candles session, she has gotten more comfortable around me, being more touchy, getting used with kissing and making out, more affectionate, and man, I liked this version of her very much. I didn't push her to further form of intimate intercourse and decided to wait until she makes the first move.

We were supposed to take the flight to London in the next 4 hours. I missed London, and I wanted to take her there, to tell and show her how I spent my days there during college. But Mr.Park's call made a major change to the plan.

"Mr. Hyun, I'm afraid that your holiday has to end earlier. I knew you were scheduled to be back in the next three days, but there are upcoming problems that going to arise. It's still being controlled by my team but we have to anticipate for tomorrow's hit. One of your ex-date, a former Blue House staff in the treasury department Hong Buyong, has claimed to be forced to certain intercourse to you during her working time here, and has visual proof as well."

"What? That's one of the silliest accusations I ever heard. What visual proof? Pictures? I don't even remember her."

"The worst part is, she also claimed that she is not the only victim, but there is also some female staff that forced to engage in certain intercourse."

"What certain? Sex?"

"Yep."

"What the f..."

"I know. I know. I haven't told Mrs. Hyun, but she has to be prepared as well. Aside from President Hyun, she will be the person who gets hurt the most."

"Let me pass this to her, Mr. Park. I want her to hear it from me first. Actually, I have no idea, don't even remember, a former treasury staff named Hong Buyong."

"She was an intern. We doubt her story but we were worried about the pictures."

"I never took any pictures during a date, let alone when I was engaged in private activities. Can you get a peek?"

"I will. We're still working on it. How are you there, Sir?"

"I'm good, very happy indeed. Thank you for asking, Mr. Park. Even my own parents haven't said hi to me since the estate dinner reception."

"They are just busy, Mr. Hyun. How's Mrs. Hyun, is she doing good?"

"Yes. She's doing well here. I hope you have found a substitute for her position in your office. I won't return her back to you, Mr. Park."

"Meaning?"

"I'm keeping her as wife, for good, I have decided to ignore the prenup draft, I haven't signed it yet until we depart for Italy three days ago. Forget about the prenup. Pass it to my father in case he asks."

"Understood, Mr. Hyun. I'm happy for you."

"There is something important I need to do in London before I can go back to Seoul, Mr. Park. While I still have time. I have to arrange a net."

"You're going against a president, Mr. Hyun."

"That president is my own father. It can't be that bad."

"I wish when it blows he will act as a father, not a president."

From Malpensa to Heathrow. The first day we arrive, I brought Yejin directly to my top list to do there, Kensington High Street.

"Buy this apartment?!" she repeated my words with a questioning tone.

"Top floor, a penthouse, we call it."

"Here in London? For what? You live in the Blue House, Bin."

"Investment? I need to do this. I have paid a down payment, under your name. I'll buy this property under your name."

"Why me? The prenup...oh I forget, no prenup. But why?"

"Consider this as a gift. With or without a prenup, you'll own it. Passport, please."

The realtor grinned ear to ear looking at us. She took Yejin's passport from her hand and said, "You have a very generous husband, Mrs. Hyun."

"Make it quick, Madam. We don't have all day here." I said to the realtor.

"Of course, Mr. Hyun. It's a pleasure for us to serve the Hyun family. I hope luck would be on your father's side for the upcoming election."

"Thank you."

The realtor left us to scan Yejin's passport and prepare some documents. She was still jaw dropped with this place, a classy full furnished penthouse at one of the prime locations in London. Dominated in white and grey, my favorite tones for interiors.

I held her hand and took her to sit on the couch with me.

"Baby, there is something I need to tell you. I know you can handle it but this might sound a little...confusing. Something bad is about to happen in Seoul. I hope that what I have done for you soon will be enough for you to stay with me, no matter what."

"I'm terrified here. What's wrong, Bin?"

"In case you have to go out of Seoul temporarily, please go and stay here. This is your place."

"Babe..?"

"Choi Youngjae is having a hard time accepting this marriage. He resigned from PSS, and apparently, told his father that the woman he loves has just recently married the Hyun son."

"His father?"

"Choi Jaewook."

"Oh crap!"

"I know. I just found out too, he is the son of deputy speaker assemblyman Choi. Your loverboy was ranting to his Daddy."

"That doesn't sound like Youngjae at all. What I know, that he and his Dad is not in good terms. That's why he joined the military then got into the PSS."

"I wonder why he hasn't killed my Dad yet, that his father wants to take Dad down and he was the one who guards Dad before you. Anyway, apparently, Choi Jaewook wants to take his son back to his side, so he supported his son tracking back my ex dates...to dig some dirt. Some of them even made up some false stories and fake proofs thanks to Youngjae."

"I'm not buying this. Youngjae isn't that kind of man."

I didn't like that she was defending him, whether it was true or not.
"You seem to know him very well, Son Yejin."

"I know him enough to be sure that he impossibly did that."

"Choi Youngjae wants you to leave me, Yejin, or sort of. Brace yourself for the upcoming news."

"What upcoming news?"

"There was a former treasury staff named Hong Buyong. Miss Hong made a statement that she was being forced to engage in sexual activities during her time in Blue House, along with some other female staff. Claiming that Miss Hong has proof, Mr. Park's source was being informed that Miss Hong is planning to go on national TV."

"What? Sexual activities to who?"

"To me."

"What?!"

"You knew almost all mess I have made, babe. Have you ever heard her name among my case? Let alone my date. If so I ever dated her, I don't even remember her face."

Suddenly I felt pain across my cheek.

She slapped me.

"What the-"

"You Hyun Bin! So this penthouse is to smoothen the talk? and that Miss Hong claims to have proof?"

"No...this penthouse is for you. Not related to this case. Yejin, I'm still waiting for the proof from Mr. Park. I'm sorry this must be meant to hurt my Dad but this could have some effect on you too."

"Of course it affects me. I'm starting to fall...oh crap. Forget it. Things like this have been anticipated that's why I'm being assigned to be your wife. What else do I need to know?"

"It's still wild guessing but, my Dad kept mentioning that we have to go as planned, to divorce soon he's done with the election. I think there is something behind this. You have no motive to hurt us but someone really wants you. I'm just worried that Dad made a deal with someone to make sure that I will let you go just like the initial plan."

"Stop that wild guessing, Bin. It makes my head hurt. I'm not a commodity to trade in a deal."

"I'm sorry, baby." I kissed her hand.

"I'll do what I have to do. Thank you for the heads up. But try to remember her face, Hong Buyong. You might ever really sleep with her, even though it was consensual. Anything can help me defend you. But it makes me wonder.. after we divorce, will you remember me as well, Bin?"

"There will be no such days after we divorce, Yejin. I know you might have gotte bored hearing this, so I'm going to tell you one last time. I love you. I want to stay in this marriage. I will do whatever it takes even if it was against my Dad."

"Mr. Hyun, Mrs. Hyun, I am sorry for interrupting. The papers are ready to be signed." the realtor brought us back to the current situation.

I bought this for her, for us, to live together away from Seoul, in case things were going rough there. Yejin signed up all the necessary papers then I left the rest to the legal officer from the embassy.

We only spent one night in London as a honeymoon can wait later but a family crisis can't. My Mom finally called and asked me to fly back home.

"Public has got the necessary impression that you are really spending some honeymoon days in Como. What are you doing in London? Come back home here soon!"

"I'm having real honeymoon days, Mom."

"Really? So she finally gave in. She acted like she was that professional, apparently, she is just the same as Hong Buyong."

"Mom, she didn't. I was the one who gave in. Mom, about this Hong Buyong, I have no idea who she is, do you know her?"

"You really don't remember her? And other staff?"

"I don't. I may be that rebel but I don't do your staff. If I ever do, then of course I will choose Yejin."

"Hyun Bin, I wish you were right. I wish miss Son will be able to do her job to defend you from public comments."

"You mean, Mrs. Hyun, Mom?"

"Yeah, she is Mrs. Hyun for a while. When will you fly back, Bin? What are you doing in London? You haven't answered me."

"Tomorrow morning. I just miss London. I was visiting my old dorm."

"Dorm?"

"Dorm."

Actually, it was penthouse, Mom, but you don't need to know.

"Momma, do you know what deal Dad has made that I really have to divorce Yejin?"

"Choi Youngjae wants her. Choi Jaewook won't push the motion to reenact the 1987 Presidential Election Act if you don't touch her and stay in the plan to divorce her."

"So they know?"

"They believe that they know, I don't know who's their resource. We never made a statement. But Youngjae is close to Yejin, he knows exactly that you both never go on a date before."

"Yep. He courted her several times but she said that she just wanted to stay friends. I don't know that Choi Youngjae is Choi Jaewook's son. But what was the benefit for his Dad if Youngjae gets Yejin? Jaewook won't run for president. Was she really worth it? Yejin may be back to the market but she may doesn't want to be with Youngjae af all."

"I'm asking you now. I feel like you're going to go against your Dad. I know you. Is she really worth it? What did she give to you anyway?"

"She is, Mom. I won't let her go. I just need to find another way to help Dad. Dad doesn't hate her, Dad just wants his throne."

"Hyun Bin, you know which side I'm going to take if that really happened."

"I know, Mom. I know. I only have one Mom, one Dad, and one Yejin. I will find away. But if I can't, I will choose my future, Mom."

"Once you were get here, she will answer for you in public. She will speak on behalf of President Hyun's Blue House. She was being paid for this."

"I don't like the way you always say that she is just one of our employees that was being paid for this and that. Once we were get there, I will ask her to resign, Mom, and I will keep her with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 6.8K 37
Fate decides to bring rough circumstances for the two lovers who just started to madly fall in love with each other. Are they really destined to be t...
133K 12.2K 51
Have you ever found love, but lost it at the same time? Meet our girl Yoon Jin Ah. She is up for anything that will set her free from the seven years...
38.2K 1.9K 14
Sponsored by a new mayor candidate, Hyun Bin with his influencing blog in was in movement to stop the reopening of a gold mine while the incumbent ma...
61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...