Buried in Snow (Demon Slayer...

By Hirai_Shiori

Shiraishi Miyuki is the 10th Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. As a child, she was found by Ubuyashiki Kaga... More

Shiraishi Miyuki
Rays of the Sun: The Beginning
I: Mission and a Dinner
III: Blue Spider Lily
IV: Evacuate
V: Kissed By The Lilies
VI: The Name
VII: Buried Memories
VII: Buried Memories (part two)
VIII: One's Name
IX: Joint Mission
X: Wind and Ice
XI: A Child and The Descendant
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy
XIII: The Ice Pillar's Return
XIV: Hot Seat
XV: Judgement
XVI: Enough
XVII: A Boy's Request
XVIII: Look Forward
XIX: Hot Spring
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy (Part Two)

II: A Night to Remember

9.4K 275 25
By Hirai_Shiori

"Miyuki-nee!" Senjuro quickly ran towards her, arms open wide. 

Miyuki sat down and met the boy's arms. The boy resembled Kyojurou so much, except that his older brother was much more bold, a real flame-boy.

"I've missed you, Senjuro!!!" Miyuki said trying so hard not to squish the boy in her arms to hard because of his cuteness.

The little brother was like a soft fluff.

"I've cooked a lots today! We even have Kakigori! Good thing brother invited you over." Senjuro said while dragging Miyuki into their house.

However, they immediately stopped as Rengoku Shinjuro passed and noticed them.

His eyes quickly found Miyuki. 

Miyuki bowed. 

"Good evening, Rengoku-san. It's good to see you well..." She said calmly, her hands were getting warmer, the total opposite of having cold hands. 

"What's your business here?" The man replied coldly, slowly walking towards their table.

Miyuki smiled nervously, starting to regret that she decided to come with Kyojurou without telling his father before hand. 

The head of the house was traditional after all. Permissions are a must.

"I've invited her for dinner, Father. I've promised to treat her once I come back from my mission but then she have to leave tomorrow on Oyakata-sama's orders." Kyojurou explained as he held Miyuki's hand and brought her to the room.

Shinjuro's eyes bore to their hands and ignored them. He sat down and was about to eat but noticed the other three, still standing in front of him.

"What are you all standing there for? If you're not going to eat then get out." He said coldly. 

Miyuki sighed secretly and went beside Senjuro. Across her was Kyojurou while Shinjuro was at the aisle.

"Where's the destination this mission of yours, Shiraishi?" Rengoku Shinjuro spoke which made surprised.

She put down her chopsticks and turned her head towards him.

"I've been destined to Nanakusa Island, Rengoku-san. Several raids have been made by demons to the reservoirs..." She answered.

Shinjuro nodded boredly and continued eating. His question was just made as a kind gesture.

"How long will you be gone, Miyuki-nee?" Senjuro asked.

"I don't know, Senjuro-kun..." Miyuki said with an apologetic smile.

Kyojurou thought of her answer. He was certain she would take long.

Longest missions would likely take 1 to 2 months, the Flame Pillar sighed thinking about it.

Rengoku Shinjuro drank his sake while glancing at his son. Kyojurou was still in a deep thought despite having his smile.

There was silence after that which Miyuki wondered.

Did she just say something wrong?

Their dinner ended with the head of the Rengoku finishing up first, not bothering for dessert.

"Waaaah!!! It's cold" Senjuro said while holding his cheeks upon eating the shaved ice.

Miyuki chuckled and ate too.

She could not relate to the cold that the boy was saying.

The dessert was sweet, it was cold of course but Miyuki, already used to low temperatures, just admired how it melts in her mouth.

The three of them were on the garden of the Rengoku's residence.

Sitting on the porch, eating shaved ice.

Miyuki laughed after looking at Kyojurou's bowl. He only ate a serving and he already had a brainfreeze.

"It's rude to laugh, Yuki!" Kyojurou said brightly but deep inside, was a bit embarrassed.

"Who would've thought that the Flame Pillar's weak with cold! Can't handle the cold, Flame Boy?" Miyuki said with a chuckle, taking Kyojurou's serving and ate it instead.

"Nii-san always can't take cold foods, Miyuki-nee. How weird isn't?" The little Senjuro said with subtle meaning of how it was the opposite of how his brother is fond of the Ice Pillar but not with ice itself.

Kyojurou also laughed but gave a meaningful look to his little brother.

Senjuro laughed even more and decided to leave the two of them.

He knew his brother would soon burst into flames if he and Miyuki would join force in teasing him.

"Miyuki-nee! Don't leave yet, okay? Enjoy yourselves first!" The boy said before running back to the kitchen.

The two pillars sweat-dropped for many different reasons.

"Should we take a walk?"

"Great idea..."

Miyuki nodded to Kyojurou's offer as they thread to the residence's garden.

With several cherry blossom trees already preparing to bloom, dancing with the wind  as the stars and moon shone upon them, the couple walked in silence.

"You should add more people in your home, Yuki. Other than having more company, it would be a relief." Kyojurou spoke.

"I'm fine, Kyojurou. You know I prefer smaller crowds...besides, Chiyo-baa's with me and her family. I'm not that alone."

Kyojurou expected her answer.

Miyuki was kind and is pleasant to others even though she was not the most outgoing type. She likes her peace after all.

"Are you worried, Kyojuro?"

The Flame Pillar did not answer.

Of course he was worried but he also knew Miyuki was fully capable of protecting herself and others.

"We're both pillars, aren't we? Don't you trust my abilities?" Miyuki said with a soft smile.

Kyojurou took a stop and gently held her hand.

Miyuki faced him, a bit surprised to see that his smile wasn't there but instead a serious look, which meant he was worried.

Only Miyuki has ever saw this side of the Flame Pillar.

"I just want to see you smile...to be happy. I know I'm worrying over an insignificant matter but..."

"I want you to be happy, Miyuki." He said, slowly gripping her hand but was still careful.

Miyuki smiled over the Flame Pillar's concern. He was wrong, she thought.

His thoughts for her wasn't insignificant to Miyuki. In fact, she cherished it.

Miyuki brought her hands towards the Flame Pillar's face and slightly pinched both of his cheeks, forming a smile.

Kyojurou caught her hands. His eyebrows slowly meeting one another.

"I'm serious."

"As am I..." She replied.

"You see, Kyojurou...I am not lonely."

"I am alive...blessed with people whom I considered my family...serving people who needs my help...ate a wonderful dinner just now...you're here..."

"Being lonely does not bring justice to these blessings I have right now. I am content." She said.

Kyojurou slowly let go of of her hands. Miyuki then wrapped her arms around him.

She felt him flinched on her gesture which made her chuckle, but then later, Kyojurou had also put his arms around her back.

"Thank you for worrying, it means a lot to me. Hearing your words...you really are kind, Kyojurou."

The Flame Pillar continued to listen to her, slowly picking up her scent which smelled like flowers.

Hearing the sound of her voice eased his worries, it almost resembled Oyakata-sama's, and it calmed him.

"I am happy, Kyojurou. And I want you to be happy as well, I will always pray for your happiness..."

The Flame Pillar nodded.

Everything she wanted was his' as well. She was happy and so he is.

He buried his face in the locks of her hair. Despite the coldness coming from the Ice Pillar's body in their embrace, he didn't hate it.

He hugged her more, embracing the cold against on his warm body.

"Hng...don't break my bones, Kyojurou. I still have a mission tomorrow." Miyuki joked while letting out a laugh.

Kyojuro smiled and released her for a moment.

The Ice Pillar then shrieked as he picked her up from her legs, making her sit on his arms.

"Kyojurou!!!" She said while putting her hands on his shoulders. Looking down to the man before her.

"Put me down...I'm h-heavy."

She didn't know if she's heavy or what but as far as she knows, the Flame Pillar picked her up easily. They don't even have much difference with their heights.

Kyojurou's lips formed into a smile as he gazed to the beauty before him.

The Ice Pillar's pair of golden eyes which shined brightly like the moon. Her pale skin which looked like glowing because of the moonlight, and her white hair which moved with the breeze.

Seeing her against the night sky was breathtaking.

Miyuki was beautiful.

"Hm! You're beautiful, Yuki." The Flame Pillar said with certainty as he continued to gaze at her.

Her eyes widened to his remarks. She felt her cheeks slowly burning up as she did not see it coming.

"You're beautiful as well, Kyojurou-...no! I mean handsome!" She tried to return the compliment but has failed miserably.

She bit her lip and mentally slapped herself.

The Flame Pillar laughed and slowly put her to the ground. Miyuki let out a sigh of relief and lightly punched the pillar's chest.

"What's with you all of a sudden?" She asked, amused.

He held her hand and guided her. Both resuming the walk they intended to.

"I'm just happy." He replied.

The Flame Pillar was indeed happy.

From the many blessings he have in his life, he was happy that Miyuki was one of them.

With the Ice Pillar leaving the next day and the time they have to wait, it was the first time Rengoku Kyojurou did not want the night to end.

--------------------
* Miyuki and Kyojurou were childhood friends. They were trained together by the former Flame Pillar until his wife, Ruka-san died.

Ruka-san was fond of her too despite the short amount of time they've spent, also because she did not have any daughter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 8.9K 76
How was it to be someone very important to the corps and loved so much by Oyakata-sama itself. Such a powerful one that makes the Demon slayer corps...
71.8K 3.2K 30
โ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. โž ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ | slow...
19.9K 236 28
Y/n, A poor girl is adopted by the Rengoku family, little did they know her full name was Y/n 'Tsugikuni' Y/n x Tomioka Giyu I DONT OWN THE CHARACTE...
173K 4.6K 36
โŠนโ‚Šโ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โœฟใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆโ‚ŠโŠน ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜'๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜...